Admit It, You'd Like to Be in a Union Too

the average federal worker makes 73K and the average private sector employee makes 47K. Why do you feel that we, the people, should pay you more than we make?

That's your choice and that varies by occupation, some private sector employees earn more. Want a higher paying job? Go out and get one. Two different sectors with two different focuses, :rolleyes:

I guess you dont know what the word "average" means.

You are a waste of my time.

Cya.

And now you know why he works for the government.

I am the boss.

Now I understand your logic, :rolleyes:

Envy.

I would ask for 5 days and a higher salary how much you want to be I'd get it?

If you were given three weeks sick leave a year you wouldn't negotiate for less, stop kidding yourself.

If it meant getting a higher salary I would.

I can count the number of days I missed work in the past 10 years on one hand. I'd rather earn more so I could save more so I can retire earlier and richer than some lazy fuck who wants 3 weeks sick time a year.

And it's not envy. I don't envy lazy people who think 3 weeks sick time is reasonable.

3 weeks sick time is unreasonable to people until they really get sick, and everyone who thinks its reasonable are all lazy people, of course you have nothing in the way of proof to back this up, :rolleyes: These retarded broad stroke generalizations

Last edited:
Average govt worker is more educated and experienced than private sector employee. Most are like me, ex military with military experience doing the same job on the federal side, tell me I'm not worthy enough to earn what i earn, :rolleyes: Private sector workers don't take an oath to serve their country.

BullShit..
what kind of education you need to work at a DMV, a post office, etc etc?
jeeeze, give us a break

Working at the DMV falls under the State doesn't it?

most are still Government dear

Envy.

If you were given three weeks sick leave a year you wouldn't negotiate for less, stop kidding yourself.

I can count the number of days I missed work in the past 10 years on one hand. I'd rather earn more so I could save more so I can retire earlier and richer than some lazy fuck who wants 3 weeks sick time a year.

And it's not envy. I don't envy lazy people who think 3 weeks sick time is reasonable.

3 weeks sick time is unreasonable to people until they really get sick, and everyone who thinks its reasonable are all lazy people, of course you have nothing in the way of proof to back this up, :rolleyes: These retarded broad stroke generalizations

3 weeks of "sick time" is nothing short of THEFT if you are not sick.

I just save up all my sick leave just in case something happens, you don't need to use it before the fiscal year or anything.

I earn 4 hours sick leave each pay period which is less than 3 weeks a year, it averages out to 9.5 days of sick leave a year and I average about 14.25 days of vacation each year with slightly less than 15 years federal service because you earn vacation based on the years of service you have, we really are living it up and don't earn anything, :rolleyes:

You're earned sick leave and abused sick leave are different things retard, not theft.

I just save up all my sick leave just in case something happens, you don't need to use it before the fiscal year or anything.

I earn 4 hours sick leave each pay period which is less than 3 weeks a year, it averages out to 9.5 days of sick leave a year and I average about 14.25 days of vacation each year with slightly less than 15 years federal service because you earn vacation based on the years of service you have, we really are living it up and don't earn anything, :rolleyes:

Yup 4 hours every pay period is the standard, I earn 6 hours annual leave due to my prior Military service.

Add all the vacations and holiday and the Gubmint workers make out quite well. Our tax dollar hard at work.

Well the dollar anyway.

I would like some proof the average federal employee makes $73K, until I see it I am going to assume that is not true.

Read through this USA today gibberish...it is in there somewhere.

Federal workers earning double their private counterparts - USATODAY.com

I'll check it out, I work a government job now and there are people who make money like that but its hardly the norm around here.

He fails to take education and experience into account, :rolleyes: nothing but envy. The 99% who protest against the 1% are envious but people like himself who hate on federal workers, :rolleyes:

Envy.

3 weeks sick time is unreasonable to people until they really get sick, and everyone thinks its reasonable are all lazy people, of course you have nothing in the way of proof to back this up, :rolleyes:

Here is a copy of one Mass state worker contract.

http://www.afscmelocal402.com/2009_Final_Contract.doc

You'll notice under sick leave Article 8 Section 1

A full-time employee shall accumulate sick leave with pay credits at the following rate for each full calendar month of employment:

Scheduled Hours per Week Sick Leave Accrued

37.5 hours per week 9.375 hours
40.0 hours per week 10.000 hours

Last time i checked 10 hours a month added up to 120 hours a year which equals 3 weeks.

You're earned sick leave and abused sick leave are different things retard, not theft.

You EARN sick leave when you are sick, by being sick.
If you take sick leave when you are not sick, you are a THIEF.

You EARN sick leave when you are sick, by being sick.
If you take sick leave when you are not sick, you are a THIEF.

How can you earn sick leave when you are sick? that makes no damn sense.:eusa_eh:

3 weeks sick time is unreasonable to people until they really get sick, and everyone thinks its reasonable are all lazy people, of course you have nothing in the way of proof to back this up, :rolleyes:

A full-time employee shall accumulate sick leave with pay credits at the following rate for each full calendar month of employment:

Last time i checked 10 hours a month added up to 120 hours a year which equals 3 weeks.

I think the State Employees accrue leave differently than Federal employees.

I think the State Employees accrue leave differently than Federal employees.

I was careful not to generalize I specifically stated that these were Mass state employees.

I know a few people who work for the state of MAss.

I always felt their sick time was excessive and from what I know of these guys, they use every sick day they get every year.

That's excessive in my book.

I would like some proof the average federal employee makes $73K, until I see it I am going to assume that is not true.

Read through this USA today gibberish...it is in there somewhere.

Federal workers earning double their private counterparts - USATODAY.com

From your link:

•Pay. The average federal salary has grown 33% faster than inflation since 2000. USA TODAY reported in March that the federal government pays an average of 20% more than private firms for comparable occupations. The analysis did not consider differences in experience and education.

See what selective reading gets you?

•Total compensation. Federal compensation has grown 36.9% since 2000 after adjusting for inflation, compared with 8.8% for private workers.

Business has been booming for the private sector and the owners are getting richer and private workers are getting less compensation, who#s the blame for that, govt? Obama? Personal choice? From reading this you'd be a retard not to get a federal job.

Forum List

Back