Admit It, You'd Like to Be in a Union Too

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Lisa Wexler: Admit It, You'd Like to Be in a Union Too

Blaming unions for all the trouble we are in has become cool. We hear that public sector employees have juicy benefits, great health care coverage, guaranteed pensions. In some cases, the average public sector worker earns twice what the average private sector worker earns. We are envious -- hey, we want that too! That's not fair!

You are right -- it's not fair. But don't blame the unions for doing their job, ensuring that thousands of people are able to afford retirement, pay their doctors and work in decent, sanitary conditions. Those people buy the houses you sell them, take their clothes to your dry cleaners, support your hardware store, clothing store and bank. The problem is not that union workers earn too much, it's that the rest of us are earning too little.

Look at the facts and see what's really not fair. Right now, the top 1 percent of the wealthy own 42 percent of the nation's wealth. And a staggering 80 percent of the rest of us only control 7 percent of the nation's property! The share of the middle class pie has shrunk to negligible proportions, with huge consequences for the future of America. Are the unions responsible for the greediness of the upper class? Absolutely not. In fact, they stood as one of the only bulwarks against it.

:lol: And rightwingers keep arguing against the unions, dumb ass lemmings falling off the facktard cliff.

Public opinon is turning against unions with a vengeance that's just a fact. The work performed by union workers isn't priceless after all.

Uh I had the chance to be in a union right out of high school and I turned it down. So Ms Wexler is an idiot.

I worked in a union shop for a while when i was young and I'd never want to do it again.

It was just a bunch of sheep working until the buzzer sounded for break. You weren't allowed to work through lunch even if you wanted to it was like hanging out with a bunch of fucking zombies.

I admit that I would like to be a union officer...
The NEA, representing most of the nation's teachers, has 31 headquarters officers and employees who earn over $200,000. The president, Dennis Van Roekel, received $397,721 in salary and benefits

The SEIU, whose membership has increased in recent years, has been organizing hospital, home care and nursing home workers, along with local and state government employees, janitors and security officers. The union has nine headquarters officers and employees who earn over $200,000. The former president, Andy Stern, was paid $306,388 in salary and benefits

IAM, which grew out of a secret meeting of 19 machinists in a Georgia rail yard in 1888, represents machinists and aerospace workers in over 200 industries. At the union’s Maryland headquarters near Washington, 34 officers and employees earn over $200,000 in salary and benefits. Robert Buffenbarger, who became president in 1997, received $284,975

http://www.iwatchnews.org/2011/03/03/2097/scores-union-leaders-earn-six-figure-salaries
Damn good money if you ask me.

The NEA, representing most of the nation's teachers, has 31 headquarters officers and employees who earn over $200,000. The president, Dennis Van Roekel, received $397,721 in salary and benefits

The SEIU, whose membership has increased in recent years, has been organizing hospital, home care and nursing home workers, along with local and state government employees, janitors and security officers. The union has nine headquarters officers and employees who earn over $200,000. The former president, Andy Stern, was paid $306,388 in salary and benefits

IAM, which grew out of a secret meeting of 19 machinists in a Georgia rail yard in 1888, represents machinists and aerospace workers in over 200 industries. At the union’s Maryland headquarters near Washington, 34 officers and employees earn over $200,000 in salary and benefits. Robert Buffenbarger, who became president in 1997, received $284,975

Scores of union leaders earn six-figure salaries | iWatch News by The Center for Public Integrity

yeah I would too, heck I'd be a commie if I get to be the guy on top of the pyramid.

Worked for two Unions only because they were closed shops.

Met a bunch of drunks, druggies and lazy fucks who would have a hard time working for anything but a Union. Anybody else would have fired their assses in a heartbeat.

The authors a fucking idiot.

Scores of union leaders earn six-figure salaries | iWatch News by The Center for Public Integrity

Yup. Damned good money for the higher ups.

One has to wonder where all that tax money for education goes.

Easy. A big chunck of it goes to Administraion.

Gotta manage the teachers and boy it pays well.

Just think. Its all tax dollars.

Yup. Damned good money for the higher ups.

One has to wonder where all that tax money for education goes.

Easy. A big chunck of it goes to Administraion.

Gotta manage the teachers and boy it pays well.

Just think. Its all tax dollars.

Unions are Corporations unto themselves. All there is to it.

Why do people makes Unions out to be anything more than a buisness? The issue with Public unions is they act outside of the free markets, they can demand things that bankrup a state due to their monopoly.

Union are there to even out things between the worker and business owner, unless you're a business owner you've got to be a fucking dumbass to support those who have less of your interests at hand.

Worked for two Unions only because they were closed shops.

Met a bunch of drunks, druggies and lazy fucks who would have a hard time working for anything but a Union. Anybody else would have fired their assses in a heartbeat.

The authors a fucking idiot.

A corporations are ALL for the worker, thats why they're taking in MORE money and brainwashing you dumbfucks into believing liberals and unions and even you yourselves are the reason you're getting less. You guys are getting pimped and getting that ass smacked, lol

Union are there to even out things between the worker and business owner, unless you're a business owner you've got to be a fucking dumbass to support those who have less of your interests at hand.

I've always been able to take care of my own interests.

I didn't need anyone to negotiate a salary for me and I would never walk off a job and go on strike.

To me it's unethical. If I agreed to work for someone then I held up my end of the bargain. If I couldn't get a better deal or if I was unhappy with the working conditions then i found myself another job.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who goes on strike should be fired. There are plenty of other people willing to work.

Lisa Wexler: Admit It, You'd Like to Be in a Union Too

Blaming unions for all the trouble we are in has become cool. We hear that public sector employees have juicy benefits, great health care coverage, guaranteed pensions. In some cases, the average public sector worker earns twice what the average private sector worker earns. We are envious -- hey, we want that too! That's not fair!

You are right -- it's not fair. But don't blame the unions for doing their job, ensuring that thousands of people are able to afford retirement, pay their doctors and work in decent, sanitary conditions. Those people buy the houses you sell them, take their clothes to your dry cleaners, support your hardware store, clothing store and bank. The problem is not that union workers earn too much, it's that the rest of us are earning too little.

Look at the facts and see what's really not fair. Right now, the top 1 percent of the wealthy own 42 percent of the nation's wealth. And a staggering 80 percent of the rest of us only control 7 percent of the nation's property! The share of the middle class pie has shrunk to negligible proportions, with huge consequences for the future of America. Are the unions responsible for the greediness of the upper class? Absolutely not. In fact, they stood as one of the only bulwarks against it.

:lol: And rightwingers keep arguing against the unions, dumb ass lemmings falling off the facktard cliff.

Gee, Flay...care to explain why when Wisconsin stopped the practice of the State automatically collecting union dues from the paychecks of public sector union members...union membership dropped by 50%? Even the people who were IN unions don't want to be in them...why should I rush to join?

Forum List

Back