Admin fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps a conservative mod talking to a conservative poster might yield better results? I think we are getting some communication/trust issues here. Thanks for trying Doc.

As long as everyone keeps this in the best interests of USMB it can remain open for questions/clarifications. No PERSONAL crap. No meltdowns.

AyeCantSeeYou theDoctorisIn Coyote Kat WillHaftawaite Dont Taz Me Bro westwall AVG-JOE
The problem is that you people are unable, or unwilling, to rein in certain people on this site. The mega trolls, and other unpleasant personalities we all know about. We created a conservative forum on here because we could not post in the regular forums without being inundated by liberal trolls who were as vile as can be. And you did nothing about it. You really need to do something about that. You need to force people to treat others with respect. Until you manage that, this forum is not someplace where honest debate can occur. I know this for a fact, because I belong to another forum where none of the BS that forced us to create our own forum goes on. Until you can do your jobs and effectively police the forums, nothing will change. I suggest you get busy.

You know -- we get the same laments from the "other side". To your opposite numbers -- you are ALL "Russian Trolls".. :777:That's what we're faced with. Don't expect you to care that WE END UP getting the blame for all the conflict and polarization that you partisans create.. By and large Mod Staff got frustrated and tired with it WAAAAAY before the warriors did. :coffee:

Problem is --- it's HARD to get banned from USMB because we ALLOW so much conflict and extreme talk.. It's what we are. So folks who want to rumble with the other tribe kinda flock here. REALLY what we want is TOPICAL DISCUSSION. Don't much care what the TOPIC is --- but in general (in Zones 2 and 3) your replies better respect the topic.

Would you be in favor of imposing CONTENT control so that the level of topical content INCREASED???

Because we could up the ante on the topical content part of the posts.. If we're gonna FIX your hairy tribal warrior frustrations -- we got to ask --- do you WANT to comply with a higher level of discussion imposed on EVERYONE?
For a start, it would really be nice if the mods did not side with the liberal trolls. Don't even try to deny it. I see it all the time. The liberal tries to get a reaction by being as vile and personally insulting as possible. Then when a conservative responds in kind, out of frustration, the conservative gets banned, and nothing happens to the liberal who started it. The mods on here are mostly liberal and extremely partisan. Don't insult my intelligence by denying it. You need to enforce respect for others on here, or you'll remain a secon...third rate forum.

The mod notes and documentation show differently. Unfortunately you don't KNOW when others get posts deleted or warned or thread banned. So it probably looks like the same bias to a leftist. In fact --- I KNOW it does. Every mod has a collection of PMs in their Inbox accusing them of being a "tool for the other side". It tells us we're doing it right. We're very balanced politically as a group and IN GENERAL -- we just shun and deplore the bickering and infantile feuding. EVERY mod is frustrated with BOTH sides regularly.

Can we focus on suggestions for getting less trolling and baiting?. I asked you to comment on a solution to REDUCE the trolling. It requires a simple re-tuning of the "topical content" rule. To require for instance much more TOPIC and less baiting, and trolling and personal crap. Would you support it? In fact, I'm considering making it a Site Wide Poll question. Because we COULD cut the trolling by raising the bar for topic CONTRIBUTION in every post. But I imagine if I asked both sides that question, there'd be a lot of part time trolls that would not go for that.

As long as everyone keeps this in the best interests of USMB it can remain open for questions/clarifications. No PERSONAL crap. No meltdowns.

AyeCantSeeYou theDoctorisIn Coyote Kat WillHaftawaite Dont Taz Me Bro westwall AVG-JOE
The problem is that you people are unable, or unwilling, to rein in certain people on this site. The mega trolls, and other unpleasant personalities we all know about. We created a conservative forum on here because we could not post in the regular forums without being inundated by liberal trolls who were as vile as can be. And you did nothing about it. You really need to do something about that. You need to force people to treat others with respect. Until you manage that, this forum is not someplace where honest debate can occur. I know this for a fact, because I belong to another forum where none of the BS that forced us to create our own forum goes on. Until you can do your jobs and effectively police the forums, nothing will change. I suggest you get busy.

You know -- we get the same laments from the "other side". To your opposite numbers -- you are ALL "Russian Trolls".. :777:That's what we're faced with. Don't expect you to care that WE END UP getting the blame for all the conflict and polarization that you partisans create.. By and large Mod Staff got frustrated and tired with it WAAAAAY before the warriors did. :coffee:

Problem is --- it's HARD to get banned from USMB because we ALLOW so much conflict and extreme talk.. It's what we are. So folks who want to rumble with the other tribe kinda flock here. REALLY what we want is TOPICAL DISCUSSION. Don't much care what the TOPIC is --- but in general (in Zones 2 and 3) your replies better respect the topic.

Would you be in favor of imposing CONTENT control so that the level of topical content INCREASED???

Because we could up the ante on the topical content part of the posts.. If we're gonna FIX your hairy tribal warrior frustrations -- we got to ask --- do you WANT to comply with a higher level of discussion imposed on EVERYONE?
For a start, it would really be nice if the mods did not side with the liberal trolls. Don't even try to deny it. I see it all the time. The liberal tries to get a reaction by being as vile and personally insulting as possible. Then when a conservative responds in kind, out of frustration, the conservative gets banned, and nothing happens to the liberal who started it. The mods on here are mostly liberal and extremely partisan. Don't insult my intelligence by denying it. You need to enforce respect for others on here, or you'll remain a secon...third rate forum.

The mod notes and documentation show differently. Unfortunately you don't KNOW when others get posts deleted or warned or thread banned. So it probably looks like the same bias to a leftist. In fact --- I KNOW it does. Every mod has a collection of PMs in their Inbox accusing them of being a "tool for the other side". It tells us we're doing it right. We're very balanced politically as a group and IN GENERAL -- we just shun and deplore the bickering and infantile feuding. EVERY mod is frustrated with BOTH sides regularly.

Can we focus on suggestions for getting less trolling and baiting?. I asked you to comment on a solution to REDUCE the trolling. It requires a simple re-tuning of the "topical content" rule. To require for instance much more TOPIC and less baiting, and trolling and personal crap. Would you support it? In fact, I'm considering making it a Site Wide Poll question. Because we COULD cut the trolling by raising the bar for topic CONTRIBUTION in every post. But I imagine if I asked both sides that question, there'd be a lot of part time trolls that would not go for that.
As I've already mentioned, you simply need to do your job and punish those who are disrespectful to others.

You need to get a dog, a good dog would have eaten those notes a long time ago.

It starts with the OP title. Followed by some type of cited source for discussion.

As I've already mentioned, you simply need to do your job and punish those who are disrespectful to others.

Police don't give tickets to every speeder, just not realistic or practical. On the other hand, ticket Tuesday can make an impact. I respectfully ask that it not be in my backyard/street.

Police don't give tickets to every speeder, just not realistic or practical. On the other hand, ticket Tuesday can make in impact.
As I mentioned earlier, I belong to another forum where there is little trolling and people can debate intelligently and respectfully with each other. We can do this because the moderators enforce the TOS. Why can't USMB do the same?

I think this went off the topic of reducing trolling and member frustrations. And no questions about the Social Groups So --- I'm gonna post a poll in Intros and invite the whole board on my question to RWNJ...

Moderation is ONLY gonna respond to suggestions for making the board better. NOT gonna be drawn into the madness of current partisan politics. If you want to cut down on trolling --- BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR. Because we CAN do it. But only if we demand MORE topical contribution and less personal crap and off--topic or repetittive content.

Police don't give tickets to every speeder, just not realistic or practical. On the other hand, ticket Tuesday can make in impact.
As I mentioned earlier, I belong to another forum where there is little trolling and people can debate intelligently and respectfully with each other. We can do this because the moderators enforce the TOS. Why can't USMB do the same?

By the standard of the written rules, you would have been at least infracted, if not banned, for your posts in this thread.

I just asked you if you would like us to require MORE topical contribution in every post. That's a positive move that WOULD move trollers out with more warnings sooner. Do you have OTHER suggestions? Because our rules are FOCUSED on topical discussion -- NOT content control (like most other boards). With the current Staff USMB is not likely to allow Mods to determine "appropriate content" or start censoring expression.

By the standard of the written rules, you would have been at least infracted, if not banned, for your posts in this thread.
See what I mean? You do not enforce the rules. That's why this site is nothing but a Peyton Place, with a bunch of USMB hypocrites for Mods. If I infracted the rules, then ban me. Go ahead. Do it.

Not sure why this is such a hard concept for some of the people on here to understand.

Backpage.com, CEO Plead Guilty to State, US Charges

Craigslist Shuts Down Personals Section After Congress Passes Bill On Trafficking

Silk Road 2.0's alleged owner arrested as drugs website shuttered by FBI

You want to log into USMB and see this?

1bf38437-c148-42d8-ae43-42c1ad7990db-2060x1236.jpeg

See what I mean? You do not enforce the rules. That's why this site is nothing but a Peyton Place, with a bunch of USMB hypocrites for Mods. If I infracted the rules, then ban me. Go ahead. Do it.

:lol:

You want us to ban you?

Why?

I love the circus, until the monkeys get loose and then the tigers and elephants.

Kind of weird that censorship was the complaint and the answer is more moderation?

There's no content censorship other than the small list of things in the Site Wide Rules. 80% of warnings go out for having posts that are 100% personal and neglect the topic of the thread. That's not censorship. It's a requirement to CONTRIBUTE on-topic in every post. Even in Zone3 -- the rule is the same, but there it takes a PATTERN of ignoring the topic to get moderated.

It's so simple -- a machine could do it. You either respect the topic or you dont. No room for partisan calls in that.

When I post the poll about members views on raising the bar for conversation -- please participate. We're into fixing things. Not taking the wrap for all the stupid partisan bickering and kid's play in American politics today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back