Acorn!

So you agree, Acrond did nothing illegal. The only links provided are always back to Okeefe and we all know he is a right wing liar.

Agreee righty?

I agree you're refusing to look at the links that prove that you are dead wrong, thereby making you look like the total idiot that you are. None of the following have anything to do with O'keefe.

• ■In the state of Missouri in 1986, 12 ACORN members were convicted of voter fraud.
    ■AR 1998-A contractor with ACORN-affiliated Project Vote was arrested for falsifying about 400 voter registration cards.
    ■MN 2004-During a traffic stop, police found more than 300 voter registration cards in the trunk of a former ACORN employee, who had violated a legal requirements that registration cards be submitted to the Secretary of State within 10 days of being filled out and signed.
    ■In Ohio in 2004, four ACORN employees were indicted by a federal grand jury for submitting false voter registration forms.
    ■In January 2005 two Colorado ACORN workers were sentenced to community service for submitting false voter registrations.
    ■OH 2007-A man in Reynoldsburg was indicted on two felony counts of illegal voting and false registration, after being registered by ACORN to vote in two separate counties.
    ■2007, in Kansas City, Missouri, four ACORN employees were indicted for fraud.
    ■Five ACORN employees were convicted and imprisoned in Washington State, in 2007.
    ■PA 2008-An ACORN employee in West Reading, PA, was sentenced to up to 23 months in prison for identity theft and tampering with records. A second ACORN worker pleaded not guilty to the same charges and is free on $10,000 bail.
    ■In April of this year (2008) eight ACORN employees in St. Louis city and county pleaded guilty to federal election fraud for submitting bogus voter registrations.
    ■ACORN (Itself) is currently under investigation for fraudulent voter registration and related activities in at least 11 key battleground states.

Voter-fraud task force raids office backing Obama - Washington Times

Economic Freedom: ACORN workers went to jail for vote-registration fraud in Seattle
See those are people not ACORN!
jack_benny.jpg

Right!!

People that just happen to be employed by Acorn.

Using that Logic Enron did nothing wrong, just the people that worked there did. :cuckoo:

I agree you're refusing to look at the links that prove that you are dead wrong, thereby making you look like the total idiot that you are. None of the following have anything to do with O'keefe.

• ■In the state of Missouri in 1986, 12 ACORN members were convicted of voter fraud.
    ■AR 1998-A contractor with ACORN-affiliated Project Vote was arrested for falsifying about 400 voter registration cards.
    ■MN 2004-During a traffic stop, police found more than 300 voter registration cards in the trunk of a former ACORN employee, who had violated a legal requirements that registration cards be submitted to the Secretary of State within 10 days of being filled out and signed.
    ■In Ohio in 2004, four ACORN employees were indicted by a federal grand jury for submitting false voter registration forms.
    ■In January 2005 two Colorado ACORN workers were sentenced to community service for submitting false voter registrations.
    ■OH 2007-A man in Reynoldsburg was indicted on two felony counts of illegal voting and false registration, after being registered by ACORN to vote in two separate counties.
    ■Five ACORN employees were convicted and imprisoned in Washington State, in 2007.
    ■PA 2008-An ACORN employee in West Reading, PA, was sentenced to up to 23 months in prison for identity theft and tampering with records. A second ACORN worker pleaded not guilty to the same charges and is free on $10,000 bail.
    ■In April of this year (2008) eight ACORN employees in St. Louis city and county pleaded guilty to federal election fraud for submitting bogus voter registrations.
    ■ACORN (Itself) is currently under investigation for fraudulent voter registration and related activities in at least 11 key battleground states.

Economic Freedom: ACORN workers went to jail for vote-registration fraud in Seattle
jack_benny.jpg

Right!!

Using that Logic Enron did nothing wrong, just the people that worked there did. :cuckoo:

Actually, you would be correct. Enron did not do anything wrong. It was the people who worked at Enron that were guilty of the crimes committed from within just as it is the people associated with ACORN that are guilty of the crimes listed above.

Zona is simply playing with semantics here. ACORN is only guilty of being an organization under which sleazy people congregate in order to manipulate votes.

Immie

If we had a working justice dept ACORN would have been prosecuted under RICO the Rathkes and perhaps Obama would be in jail .

Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (commonly referred to as RICO Act or RICO) is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. RICO was enacted by section 901(a) of the Organized Crime Control Act of 1970 (Pub.L. 91-452, 84 Stat. 922, enacted October 15, 1970). RICO is codified as Chapter 96 of Title 18 of the United States Code, 18 U.S.C. § 1961–1968. While its intended use was to prosecute the Mafia as well as others who were actively engaged in organized crime, its application has been more widespread.

jack_benny.jpg

Right!!

Actually, you would be correct. Enron did not do anything wrong. It was the people who worked at Enron that were guilty of the crimes committed from within just as it is the people associated with ACORN that are guilty of the crimes listed above.

Zona is simply playing with semantics here. ACORN is only guilty of being an organization under which sleazy people congregate in order to manipulate votes.

Immie

Zona is a retard as are those that agree with him.

jack_benny.jpg

Right!!

Contracted is not the same as employed. It appears that some people scammed Acorn. They made up some names and sent Acorn a few phoney registrations. It also seems that some phoney registrations were discovered before they were submitted for payment.

What is not shown is any "voter fraud". I can't find it anywhere shown how any of these phoney registrations were translated by actual people going to the polls with phoney I D and commiting actual voter fraud.

The big crime all these wackadoodles are screaming about is no more harmfull to the voting system than those guys that stand around in front of grocery stores and pad petitions for whatever they are getting paid to get sighatures for.

It seems to me that ACORN is the victim here ...not the voting public.

Oh, but you can refer to the tea party members as tea baggers and that don't make you look silly at all. :cuckoo:

Maybe it is how the teabaggers are portrayed in the media...I don't know any personally.

From what I have seen they are an angry whiny group of people that would serve themselves better if they focused their vitriol on the actual enemies of their wellbeing than the ones that are spoon fed to them by the rich fascists that started this movement in the first place..like Glenn Beck...Roger Ayles, Rupert Murdoch and ...oh shit I forgot his name...I'll''edit when I think of it.

There is nothing wrong with public protest. Ya might want to loose the tea bag hats.:lol::lol:

Well no matter how mainstrem media portrays the movement, it will not be detered but will only grow in numbers and strength and will be a big factor in the November elections and beyond. So mock it all you want, but it does make you look childish and desperate.

You must be thinking of someotherbody. I could not care less about teabaggers. Childish desperate or otherwise.

jack_benny.jpg

Right!!

Contracted is not the same as employed. It appears that some people scammed Acorn. They made up some names and sent Acorn a few phoney registrations. It also seems that some phoney registrations were discovered before they were submitted for payment.

What is not shown is any "voter fraud". I can't find it anywhere shown how any of these phoney registrations were translated by actual people going to the polls with phoney I D and commiting actual voter fraud.

The big crime all these wackadoodles are screaming about is no more harmfull to the voting system than those guys that stand around in front of grocery stores and pad petitions for whatever they are getting paid to get sighatures for.

Ah semantics. When you are hired by a company you are under contract. A crime isn't harmful so it's not a crime? Makes sense. :cuckoo:

Maybe it is how the teabaggers are portrayed in the media...I don't know any personally.

From what I have seen they are an angry whiny group of people that would serve themselves better if they focused their vitriol on the actual enemies of their wellbeing than the ones that are spoon fed to them by the rich fascists that started this movement in the first place..like Glenn Beck...Roger Ayles, Rupert Murdoch and ...oh shit I forgot his name...I'll''edit when I think of it.

There is nothing wrong with public protest. Ya might want to loose the tea bag hats.:lol::lol:

Well no matter how mainstrem media portrays the movement, it will not be detered but will only grow in numbers and strength and will be a big factor in the November elections and beyond. So mock it all you want, but it does make you look childish and desperate.

You must be thinking of someotherbody. I could not care less about teabaggers. Childish desperate or otherwise.

Thank you, you just proved my point.

Right!!

Contracted is not the same as employed. It appears that some people scammed Acorn. They made up some names and sent Acorn a few phony registrations. It also seems that some phony registrations were discovered before they were submitted for payment.

What is not shown is any "voter fraud". I can't find it anywhere shown how any of these phony registrations were translated by actual people going to the polls with phony I D and committing actual voter fraud.

The big crime all these wackadoodles are screaming about is no more harmful to the voting system than those guys that stand around in front of grocery stores and pad petitions for whatever they are getting paid to get signatures for.

Ah semantics. When you are hired by a company you are under contract. A crime isn't harmful so it's not a crime? Makes sense. :cuckoo:

No..That is not what I said. What I said was "voter fraud" is not voter fraud until someone votes illegally.

If we had a working justice dept ACORN would have been prosecuted under RICO the Rathkes and perhaps Obama would be in jail .

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (commonly referred to as RICO Act or RICO) is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. RICO was enacted by section 901(a) of the Organized Crime Control Act of 1970 (Pub.L. 91-452, 84 Stat. 922, enacted October 15, 1970). RICO is codified as Chapter 96 of Title 18 of the United States Code, 18 U.S.C. § 1961–1968. While its intended use was to prosecute the Mafia as well as others who were actively engaged in organized crime, its application has been more widespread.

I was thinking of the RICO laws, you could make a case for it but you need a DOJ to go after them.

I was thinking of the RICO laws, you could make a case for it but you need a DOJ to go after them.

Even under the RICO laws, it is the individuals involved that are prosecuted, not the organization itself. Isn't it?

Weren't Randall Terry of Operation Rescue and other Pro-life leaders sued under the RICO laws? Point being that even under RICO it is the individuals who are charged with the crimes rather than the organization itself.

I'll even use a left wing source so the lefties are happy.

Who is Randall Terry? | Media Matters for America

As CNN noted on March 4, 1998, Terry was named in a lawsuit -- seeking to "force anti-abortion leaders to pay for damages caused in clinic attacks" -- which was filed by the National Organization for Women (NOW) under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, and Terry settled with NOW out of court. The New York Times reported on November 8, 1998, that Terry "filed for bankruptcy last week in an effort to avoid paying massive debts owed to women's groups and abortion clinics that have sued him." As the Los Angeles Times reported on February 28, Terry's use of bankruptcy law to avoid paying for the judgments against him helped prompt Senator Charles E. Schumer (D-NY) to propose an amendment to the bankruptcy bill recently passed by Congress that "specifically would prevent abortion opponents from using the bankruptcy code to escape paying court fines," although it was not included in the final version of the bill. Versions of that amendment appeared in earlier versions of the bankruptcy bill, which stalled action on it in 2002 and 2003 when "a core of House Republicans balked" at the provision, the Los Angeles Times noted.

So, we are back to Zona's semantic games.

Immie

So you agree, Acrond did nothing illegal. The only links provided are always back to Okeefe and we all know he is a right wing liar.

Agreee righty?

jack_benny.jpg
Great. The "No Real Scotsman" defense.

Contracted is not the same as employed. It appears that some people scammed Acorn. They made up some names and sent Acorn a few phony registrations. It also seems that some phony registrations were discovered before they were submitted for payment.

What is not shown is any "voter fraud". I can't find it anywhere shown how any of these phony registrations were translated by actual people going to the polls with phony I D and committing actual voter fraud.

The big crime all these wackadoodles are screaming about is no more harmful to the voting system than those guys that stand around in front of grocery stores and pad petitions for whatever they are getting paid to get signatures for.

No..That is not what I said. What I said was "voter fraud" is not voter fraud until someone votes illegally.

I never said that Acorn commited voter fraud. I have said that some Acorn employees have been convicted. Acorn violated the law and how anyone can dispute that is beyond me, whether by hiring felons or voter registration fraud, a crime is a crime.

An official with the Republican National Committee said Thursday that [ACORN]a group involved with voter registration drives in Milwaukee is "engaged in systematic fraud and attempts to undermine our electoral system." (snip)

This week, the Associated Press reported that ACORN had hired as voter registration workers in Milwaukee at least seven felons convicted of crimes including cocaine possession and robbery.

Carolyn Castore, state political director for the group, told the AP: "We have a lot of folks with felony records and, frankly, they need jobs."

The staff of the state Government Accountability Board issued an opinion April 3 that convicted felons are not allowed to serve as registration workers.

The City of Milwaukee elections office was unaware of the opinion and interpreted state law in the area to apply only to those felons still on probation or parole.

Wisconsin law prohibits employing felons for its voter registration drive.

American Thinker Blog: ACORN vote fraud continues (updated)

It is a crime to have tools that you can use to break into a property. You don't actually have to be breaking in. You can say your going to kill the President and its a crime. You don't have to carry out the crime. I think you've painted yourself into the corner.

I never said that Acorn commited voter fraud. I have said that some Acorn employees have been convicted. Acorn violated the law and how anyone can dispute that is beyond me, whether by hiring felons or voter registration fraud, a crime is a crime.

An official with the Republican National Committee said Thursday that [ACORN]a group involved with voter registration drives in Milwaukee is "engaged in systematic fraud and attempts to undermine our electoral system." (snip)

This week, the Associated Press reported that ACORN had hired as voter registration workers in Milwaukee at least seven felons convicted of crimes including cocaine possession and robbery.

Carolyn Castore, state political director for the group, told the AP: "We have a lot of folks with felony records and, frankly, they need jobs."

The staff of the state Government Accountability Board issued an opinion April 3 that convicted felons are not allowed to serve as registration workers.

The City of Milwaukee elections office was unaware of the opinion and interpreted state law in the area to apply only to those felons still on probation or parole.

Hiring Felons is against the law? Turn yourself in.

Hiring Felons is against the law? Turn yourself in.

I'm not a convicted felon and I'm not emplyed in Wisconsin as a voter registration worker.

Nice try but you fail.

I was granted a full pardon by Governor Mark White. My record is probably cleaner than yours. I have a Class 3 dealers license aka NFA or Title two firearms (I'm co-owner of a gun shop) that authorizes me to own, buy and sell fully automatic weapons (my favorite is my M249 MKII SAW Machine Gun). I also have a concealed handgun permit.

I am sick and tired of righty wingers using this word as some sort of Gotcha. Acorn this, Acorn that.

Please Right wingers, link us to something Acorn did illegal. Something, Anything. And please don't waste time with anything pertaining to Okeefe. We all know he is a liar.

Fox told you morons that Acorn was wrong, but here is a hint ditto heads, they didn't back it up with anything factual. They are making you look like idiots again.

Good luck.

LINK PLEASE.

No diversion, no "I heard they" crap...links to something they did that was illegal.

If you cant provide links, please stop the Acorn is bad crap.

LINK PLEASE or you are talking out of your ass.

Good luck wingnuts.

Zonya-Bologna,

You want facts......here are some indisputable FACTS: ACORN has been indicted anywhere from 13-15 states for criminal activities. And what is even more ASTOUNDING in that the OBAMARRHOIDS have almost TOTAL POLITICAL CONTROL throughout the country. And, yet......its pet political arm STILL gets indicted.

It's RIDICULOUSLY BOGUS raison d'etre is that it's supposedly a non-profit organization created to get out votes (IMPARTIALLY)......... THAT IS A FUCKING JOKE !!!!

It's OBVIOUS even to a lobotomized paramecium that ACORN is a cat's paw for corrupt LIBTARD Politicians BLATANTLY and EXCLUSIVELY soliciting votes for the CORRUPT DEMS that divert taxpayer funds to support this BOGUS ENTERPRISE. In a way, the USMB PROOF( i.e. your known reputation here of being an off-the-wall Obamarrhoidal nutjob) is YOUR ridiculously passionate defense of this SHITTY enterprise.

No wonder the MARXIST Muslim PC Protector Obami Salaami was ACORN'S lawyer-in-chief. NOTE: Is it surprising that Obami Salaami's good buddy, and from whose home the MONUMENTAL FRAUD kicked off his Senatorial career is BILL AYERS...... the UNREPENTANT HOMICIDAL MANIACAL COMMIE-TERRORIST ?????

And, is it ALSO surprising that this COMMIE-TERRORIST FREAK Bill Ayers was ALSO one of the honchos of ACORN ???????

PULLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEZE Zonya-Bologna stop making a bigger LIBTARD Obamarrhoidal idiot of yourself than you already are !!!!

As to pursuing a rational discussion with an IDEOLOGICAL PARTY HACK and OBAMARRHOIDAL WHACKJOB like you regarding the legitimacy of a NATIONALLY DISCREDITED POLITICAL ENTERPRISE FOUNDED ON SCAMS that further the Corrupt Dem Party is like trying to convince Charlie Manson's delusional crunts like Susan Atkins, Krenwinkle, etc., that good ole Charlie isn't a resurrected Jesus Christ !!!!

Not true. Acorn, the organization, has NEVER been indicted for anything. Yes, they've had some workers indicted for falsifying voter registrations, a lot of which Acorn reported themselves. You guys just don't seem to be able to separate your emotions from the facts. You hate Acorn, we get that. But that hate doesn't entitle you to create your own version of history.

Last edited:
I am sick and tired of righty wingers using this word as some sort of Gotcha. Acorn this, Acorn that.

Please Right wingers, link us to something Acorn did illegal. Something, Anything. And please don't waste time with anything pertaining to Okeefe. We all know he is a liar.

Fox told you morons that Acorn was wrong, but here is a hint ditto heads, they didn't back it up with anything factual. They are making you look like idiots again.

Good luck.

LINK PLEASE.

No diversion, no "I heard they" crap...links to something they did that was illegal.

If you cant provide links, please stop the Acorn is bad crap.

LINK PLEASE or you are talking out of your ass.

Good luck wingnuts.

Zonya-Bologna,

You want facts......here are some indisputable FACTS: ACORN has been indicted anywhere from 13-15 states for criminal activities. And what is even more ASTOUNDING in that the OBAMARRHOIDS have almost TOTAL POLITICAL CONTROL throughout the country. And, yet......its pet political arm STILL gets indicted.

It's RIDICULOUSLY BOGUS raison d'etre is that it's supposedly a non-profit organization created to get out votes (IMPARTIALLY)......... THAT IS A FUCKING JOKE !!!!

It's OBVIOUS even to a lobotomized paramecium that ACORN is a cat's paw for corrupt LIBTARD Politicians BLATANTLY and EXCLUSIVELY soliciting votes for the CORRUPT DEMS that divert taxpayer funds to support this BOGUS ENTERPRISE. In a way, the USMB PROOF( i.e. your known reputation here of being an off-the-wall Obamarrhoidal nutjob) is YOUR ridiculously passionate defense of this SHITTY enterprise.

No wonder the MARXIST Muslim PC Protector Obami Salaami was ACORN'S lawyer-in-chief. NOTE: Is it surprising that Obami Salaami's good buddy, and from whose home the MONUMENTAL FRAUD kicked off his Senatorial career is BILL AYERS...... the UNREPENTANT HOMICIDAL MANIACAL COMMIE-TERRORIST ?????

And, is it ALSO surprising that this COMMIE-TERRORIST FREAK Bill Ayers was ALSO one of the honchos of ACORN ???????

PULLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEZE Zonya-Bologna stop making a bigger LIBTARD Obamarrhoidal idiot of yourself than you already are !!!!

As to pursuing a rational discussion with an IDEOLOGICAL PARTY HACK and OBAMARRHOIDAL WHACKJOB like you regarding the legitimacy of a NATIONALLY DISCREDITED POLITICAL ENTERPRISE FOUNDED ON SCAMS that further the Corrupt Dem Party is like trying to convince Charlie Manson's delusional crunts like Susan Atkins, Krenwinkle, etc., that good ole Charlie isn't a resurrected Jesus Christ !!!!

Not true. Acorn, the organization, has NEVER been indicted for anything. Yes, they've had some workers indicted for falsifying voter registrations, a lot of which Acorn reported themselves. You guys just don't seem to be able to separate your emotions from the facts. You hate Acorn, we get that. But that hate doesn't entitle you to create your own version of history.

That's why Acorn wasn't initially defunded by Congress. :cuckoo:

Right!!

Again, if we're talking about the fradulant voter registrations, there is no aggrieved party here; All those guys who registered Mickey Mouse, and registered Tony Romo like 50 times or whatever; All those fraudulant registrations would not have been able to cast votes. If that were attempted, the people casting the votes would be guilty of voter fraud. But lazy a-holes who claimed they registered all these faulty names for a paycheck - Huggy is right, if there is any aggrieved party it is ACORN indeed!

Unless there's other issues besides the fraudulant voter registrations, we can slam the book shut on this one.

Forum List

Back