According to Gallup - Unemployment Rate Went UP!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
U.S. Unadjusted Unemployment Rate Increases in July
I believe gallup under-estimates unemployment because most sources had faux unemployment for June at 8.2% and they had it at 8.0%!

Neverthless, they are the first ones out with their July unemployment and they list it as going UP to 8.2%

U.S. unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, was 8.2% in July, up slightly from 8.0% in June

Again Gallup under-estimates the unemployment rate, so when the real numbers start rolling out, it could be 8.3% or 8.4%!!!

This is scary stuff, but let Obama tell us again how his plan worked!!!

I believe gallup under-estimates unemployment because most sources had faux unemployment for June at 8.2% and they had it at 8.0%!

Neverthless, they are the first ones out with their July unemployment and they list it as going UP to 8.2%

U.S. unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, was 8.2% in July, up slightly from 8.0% in June

Again Gallup under-estimates the unemployment rate, so when the real numbers start rolling out, it could be 8.3% or 8.4%!!!

Gallup's UE rate:
Not seasonally adjusted.
Sample size is about 30,000 individuals age 18 and older each month, collected every day (about 1,000/day) rolling average.
Telephone only, random digit dialing.
Margin of error is +/- 1 percentage point (95% confidence).

BLS UE rate:
Seasonally adjusted (Unadjusted data also available).
Sample size is about 60,000 households (approx 120,000 individuals) age 16 and older each month using a reference period of the week that contains the 12th day.
Face to face and telephone, households are in for 4 months, out for 8, back in for 4 so 75% of the sample is the same as the previous month and 50% the same as the same month the previous year. Addresses are randomly selected based on Census data.
Margin of error is +/- 0.24 percentage points (95% confidence)

Gallup's UE rate:
Not seasonally adjusted.
Sample size is about 30,000 individuals age 18 and older each month, collected every day (about 1,000/day) rolling average.

BLS UE rate:
Sample size is about 60,000 households (approx 120,000 individuals) age 16 and older each month using a reference period of the week that contains the 12th day.
Face to face and telephone, households are in for 4 months, out for 8, back in for 4 so 75% of the sample is the same as the previous month and 50% the same as the same month the previous year. Addresses are randomly selected based on Census data.

Pinqy here is what you do. Everytime the numbers come out and they're BS to begin with you, come out with your Obama love twist of the numbers! But most people just hear blah blah blah blah blah blah!!!!

don't forget, unemployment is 14% if you count all people who left the labor market since Barry took over.

don't forget, unemployment is 14% if you count all people who left the labor market since Barry took over.

That is why I call it the Faux unemployment rate. TRUE unemployment is around 17-18%

No the only FAUX rate is what you CON$ make up. Gallup is unadjusted and BLS is seasonally adjusted. Nobody is underestimating anything, you just want Americans to suffer so you wish the rate was higher.

How dare those Boomers retire, don't they know they are required to work until they drop dead on the job???

Now you wait and see, as soon as a Republican is elected you will never hear a single peep about people leaving the workforce!!!!!

How dare those Boomers retire, don't they know they are required to work until they drop dead on the job???

Now you wait and see, as soon as a Republican is elected you will never hear a single peep about people leaving the workforce!!!!!

Your so full of shit! It's always the retirees huh? Not a chance most of them are the LONG-TIME unemployed!

Gallup's UE rate:
Not seasonally adjusted.

BLS UE rate:

Pinqy here is what you do. Everytime the numbers come out and they're BS to begin with you, come out with your Obama love twist of the numbers! But most people just hear blah blah blah blah blah blah!!!!
Show anything in my post that's not strictly factual.

Your so full of shit! It's always the retirees huh? Not a chance most of them are the LONG-TIME unemployed!
Long time unemployed are already counted, as you well know.

there you go again,on retirees, I am still waiting for you to tell me how a person who is unemployed , takes a retirees job and is not part of any of the indicators.......

You know boomers are not the main cause of the LF participation decline. Certainly a part, but 16-24 year olds are a bigger push.

there you go again,on retirees, I am still waiting for you to tell me how a person who is unemployed , takes a retirees job and is not part of any of the indicators.......
Still beating that Straw Man to death I see.

Still beating that Straw Man to death I see.

25,000,000 unemployed or underemployed is a strawman to a liberal!!

See why we are positive a liberal will be slow, very very slow?

And BLS also shows an increase in the UE rate, from 8.2% to 8.3%. Not statistcally significant.

Mixed bag...non-farm payroll jobs went UP 163,000, but total employment (used for the UE rate) went DOWN 195,000 and unemployment went up 45,000

Forum List

Back