Accepting the results of the election...

From Wikileaks she was in Africa and said that the Florida recount was rigged by Bush's brother....

She said this privately?

This is what she said, as the Secretary of State of the United States, in a foreign country in a state function.....

Town Hall with Civil Society Representatives On Good Governance And Transparency

Now, our democracy is still evolving. We had all kinds of problems in some of our past elections, as you might remember. In 2000, our presidential election came down to one state where the brother of the man running for president was the governor of the state, so I mean, we have our problems too. But we have been moving to try to remedy those problems as we see them.

She is not saying what you claim: "said that the Florida recount was rigged by Bush's brother".

She's stating the problem we had in the 2000 election which was exactly what it came down to - a contested vote count in Florida and the fact that the governor was the candidates brother made it more volatile.

Yeah...right, you moron.......

Read it. (Moron).

Sigh, I guess that's my cue to exit the thread. The namecalling has commenced. Sorry, Doc, we'll continue this another time.

The context and circumstances of a statement are as much part of "the matter at hand" as the content of the statement.

You'll have to forgive me if I beg to differ. In this context, both candidates made critical comments about how the election process was/is carried out.

Yes, but only one of them was talking about a future election that they are personally involved in, and almost certain to lose.

Come on, man. This isn't rocket science.

She said this privately?

This is what she said, as the Secretary of State of the United States, in a foreign country in a state function.....

Town Hall with Civil Society Representatives On Good Governance And Transparency

Now, our democracy is still evolving. We had all kinds of problems in some of our past elections, as you might remember. In 2000, our presidential election came down to one state where the brother of the man running for president was the governor of the state, so I mean, we have our problems too. But we have been moving to try to remedy those problems as we see them.

She is not saying what you claim: "said that the Florida recount was rigged by Bush's brother".

She's stating the problem we had in the 2000 election which was exactly what it came down to - a contested vote count in Florida and the fact that the governor was the candidates brother made it more volatile.

Read it. (Moron).

Asswipe, she is stating that Bush's brother helped fix the election since he won......you left wing assholes are vile....

And I'm not too impressed by you either.

She said this privately?

Read it. (Moron).

Sigh, I guess that's my cue to exit the thread. The namecalling has commenced. Sorry, Doc, we'll continue this another time.

Seriously, dude? You're going to try and go all "high horse" on Coyote?

How come you didn't bother to call out 2aguy for calling her a moron first?

No. I was hoping she wouldn't engage 2a in that exchange. In fact was typing up a post to defend her from what he said. And yes, I have defended her from other conservatives on this board here.

So then why did you decide to make your stand towards her, rather than at 2aguy?

Trump said that he'll accept the results of the election if he wins. I think that's fair.

One less Hillary Clinton voter?

Weird story.

Killer-Klowns-From-Outer-Space-1988.jpg

Killer clown BLOWN UP after being chased into jungle filled with landmines

I just quoted her post. I wasn't making any insinuations.

No, but you waited until she made a personal attack to declare your exit from the thread, while there have been right-wingers throwing insults all around starting on page 1.

You don't seem to be as upset by them.

No. I was hoping she wouldn't engage 2a in that exchange. In fact was typing up a post to defend her from what he said. And yes, I have defended her from other conservatives on this board here.

So then why did you decide to make your stand towards her, rather than at 2aguy?

I'm not standing for anyone, Doc. He called her a moron, she called him a moron, he called her an asswipe. On and on. When I said namecalling, I was calling both of them out. I wasn't trying to pin the blame on her.

Yes he made the mistake of starting it, she made the mistake of responding, and as a result 2a responded to that by calling her an asswipe.

That was my cue to exit the thread.

The libs STOLE the gubernatorial election here because they didn't accept the count.

As Iceweasel shows, Trump isn't the first conservative loser to weep out an insane conspiracy theory when his side loses. That's been the standard tactic for whiny GOP losers for many years now.
That is, don't pin this all on Trump. The GOP has been deliberately cultivating this paranoid conspiracy mindset in their brainless party hacks for many years now. Trump is just the fruition of that standard GOP loser tactic, so a few Republicans disavowing it now is too little, too late.

The person you're replying to lives in the same state I live in.

What that person claims about a governor's race is a lie.

There was a legal recount and the republican lost.

The person who didn't accept the count is the person you replied to.

No, but you waited until she made a personal attack to declare your exit from the thread, while there have been right-wingers throwing insults all around starting on page 1.

I don't appreciate this attack on my character.

I was upset at ALL the namecalling. I quoted her post in its entirety to capture the exchange, not to pin the blame on her. Anyone reading the entire exchange would have seen who started it.

Now if I had quoted her response only without the previous responses, then yes, you would have reason to complain. I wasn't trying to accuse her of anything.

I'm not standing for anyone, Doc. He called her a moron, she called him a moron, he called her an asswipe. On and on. When I said namecalling, I was calling both of them out. I wasn't trying to pin the blame on her.

Yes he made the mistake of starting it, she made the mistake of responding, and as a result 2a responded to that by calling her an asswipe.

That was my cue to exit the thread.

First of all, why do the actions of other posters (not directed towards you) require you to leave a thread? Using those metrics, the threads you can post in here are very few in number.

Secondly, you directed your comments to her - you quoted her post, in your holier-than-thou exit post. You directed your patronizing disdain at her, not to the thread at large.

et magnificis usu Latine vertam ad imprimere solent opus auxilium est ut in DOLIUM
-- salutem fabulis,

I don't appreciate this attack on my character.

I was upset at ALL the namecalling. I quoted her post in it's entirety to capture the exchange, not to pin the blame on her. Anyone reading the entire exchange would have seen who started it.

Now if I had quoted her response only without the previous responses, then yes, you would have reason to complain. I wasn't trying to accuse her of anything.

I'm not "attacking your character". I'm attempting to draw your attention to how context matters, even here.

Here, right now in this thread, is an example of the importance of context and circumstances. If you had directed your comments to the thread as a whole, it would have a different meaning - as would it if you had directed your comments towards 2aguy, or anyone else.

Coyote didn't attack you, or insult you. In fact, she was involved in a polite and topical conversation with you. By calling her out on an post unrelated to your discussion with her, you're either trying to dodge responding to her, or trying to save face by painting her as an "insulter" and therefore negating any points she might have made.

Secondly, you directed your comments to her - you quoted her post, in your holier-than-thou exit post.

Quoting her post doesn't mean I was directing that statement at her. Like I already said, I could have easily just removed all of the previous commentary to make it look like she initiated the exchange, but in an attempt to be fair, I quoted the entire exchange.

Do you really think I'm that kind of person? I have stated many times that I don't hold myself to a higher standing to anyone else. I'm willing to admit my inferiority to others.

I do admit I could have quoted his post instead of hers, but I wasn't trying to start anything man! Knights honor!

One of the fundamental pillars of our democratic system accepting the results of an election, and the peaceful transition of power.

This is the first election where both could be fundamentally threatened by pre-election rhetoric and inflammatory statements.

Folks are now bringing up Al Gore, in his election against Bush as if it were somehow equivalent. But is it?

The Florida vote was extremely close - close enough to demand a recount which was within a candidates legal rights. When it was finally decided, by the courts - Gore graciously and completely accepted the outcome. There was no talk about "rigged" elections from Mr. Gore.

But the fundamental difference is this: all this occurred AFTER the election and Gore accepted the court's verdict.

There was no pre-election claims (whenever the polls dropped) about rigged elections, about his crooked opponent rigging things, etc. undermining the very electoral process in this country. This is a first from a presidential candidate, and it's dangerous because he flirts with it and encourages his supporters with it. They can't possibly lose - because it's "rigged".

I hated that Bush won - not once, but twice - felt like doomsday. But we survived as a country (and for those who hate Obama - we'll still survive as a country).

I'm horrified that supporters of Trump, encouraged BY Trump's rhetoric are saying these things...

Trump’s supporters talk rebellion, assassination at his rallies - The Boston Globe
And if Trump doesn’t win, some are even openly talking about violent rebellion and assassination, as fantastical and unhinged as that may seem.

“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”

He then placed a Trump mask on his face and posed for pictures.

Trump’s campaign has taken a sharp turn toward such dark warnings in recent days. He says he is a victim of conspiracies, portrays himself as a martyr to the cause of the right wing, and is stoking anger in advance of what may be a defeat on Nov. 8.

Trump has suggested that the Secret Service protecting Clinton should be disarmed and “see what happens to her,” and that “Second Amendment people” could take matters into their own hands if she wins and appoints judges who support gun control. But his campaign disavowed some of the remarks of his supporters on Saturday after this article was posted online.

Trump Supporters Call For Violent Coup If He Loses, Vow To Racially Profile Minority Voters
Steve Webb, a 61-year-old carpenter, told the Globe he plans to heed Trump's call to "watch your precincts" on Election Day.

“I’ll look for . . . well, it’s called racial profiling. Mexicans. Syrians. People who can’t speak American,” he said. “I’m going to go right up behind them. I’ll do everything legally. I want to see if they are accountable. I’m not going to do anything illegal. I’m going to make them a little bit nervous.”

And from: Trump’s supporters talk rebellion, assassination at his rallies - The Boston Globe
Fergus Cullen, former chairman of the New Hampshire GOP, said it was an incredibly important moment in 2000 when Democrat Al Gore gave a speech saying he accepted the results of the Supreme Court decision to award the majority of electoral votes and presidential victory to George W. Bush.

“Had he not done that, or done so halfheartedly, or even suggested that he’d been robbed, or otherwise tried to delegitimize the results, it would have been a huge blow to our democratic process,” Cullen said.

Cullen expects Trump’s warnings about a rigged election to get even uglier in coming weeks, and he fears they will incite violence if Trump loses.

“That’s really scary,” Cullen said, recounting the violence at Trump rallies around the country leading up to the Republican National Convention. “In this country, we’ve always had recriminations after one side loses. But we haven’t had riots. We haven’t had mobs that act out with violence against supporters of the other side.’’

“There’s no telling what his supporters would be willing to do at the slightest encouragement from their candidate,” he said.

Trump thrives on hatred, and hatred runs with cowardice. Nothing will come of it.

Forum List

Back