Abraham

Mariner

Nov 7, 2004
Boston, Mass.
I've been reading up on Christianity and Islam, trying to understand them better, including reading the Bible and the Koran.

I was thinking about Abraham and the issue of obedience to one's god.

If your god told you to kill your own son, would you?

Mariner.

Mariner said:
I've been reading up on Christianity and Islam, trying to understand them better, including reading the Bible and the Koran.

Mariner.

No I wouldn't. I would contend that this God was a maniac.

Mariner said:

Mariner.

In theory, yes, Dont know if I could actually carry it out though.

My son is actually His creation, and His son. He loves my son more than I do or can. So I know He knows overall what is best, and I not only trust Him, but have faith in Him.

The Koran is a bunch of BS. Written by ONE MAN, who supposedly had a revelation. What reason is there to believe it? Now, the accounts of Jesus had MANY witnesses, even Peter who was willing to be crucified himself before denying it.

The Koran was written by a man who married an older lady for money, was a pedophile and a war monger.

Also, I think its symbolic that the symbol of Islam is a lie also. Its the crescent moon with a star behind it. We all now know that scene cant happen in nature. I think its symbolic of the lie that Islam is, its a religion of the devil.

Hagbard Celine said:
How could Jacob wrastle God if Moses couldn't even look straight at him without glowing from radiation afterward?

Because the bible is a book of not so well thought out myths. Why else.

Plaque is a figment of the liberal media and the dental industry to scare you into buying useless appliances and pastes. Now I've read the arguments on both sides and haven't found any reason to brush your teeth. Ever.

Powerman said:
Plaque is a figment of the liberal media and the dental industry to scare you into buying useless appliances and pastes. Now I've read the arguments on both sides and haven't found any reason to brush your teeth. Ever.
It's just nice how shiny and smooth they are after a good brush. Plus I find girls are more interested in making out when my breath is fresh.

Hagbard Celine said:
It's just nice how shiny and smooth they are after a good brush. Plus I find girls are more interested in making out when my breath is fresh.

I was quoting an episode of aqua teen hunger force. I make sure to brush my teeth regularly.

And I find it telling that a bunch of atheists, agnostics spend much of their time hanging on a religious board and hassling believers. Really bothers you guys, doesn't it? :laugh: What ARE you afraid of? :dev2:

Mariner said:

Mariner.

Well considering I dont have a son yet I dont think it would be a point. However, I do want to be obedient to anything God tells me. God promised Abraham that the covenant would survive through Isaac. So he had faith enough that God could give him a great posterity through Isaac even if he was obedient and sacrificed his son.

And of course we know that Isaac was obedient in his willingness to be sacrificed. He wasn't a child when this happened. I know that much.

We all will be tested at sometime in our life as Abraham was. We will be asked to give up something we love or want more than anything else to see if we will follow God. And I hope we are all learning to be obedient to the commandment he has given all men right now. Because it is through obedience that we survive the trials ahead and gain power from on High.

If I was Isaac I would have killed my dad. That would have probably been the best thing that could have ever happened in the world.

GunnyL said:
You are a fool.

That's your opinion. You kill Abraham and you kill all the Abrahamic faiths who have been a cancer to the world throughout history.

Hagbard Celine said:
How could Jacob wrastle God if Moses couldn't even look straight at him without glowing from radiation afterward?

Maybe Jacob wrestled with Jesus,the Son, and Moses was dealing with either the Father or the Holy Spirit. Well, anyways, to explore such possibilites, I dont think will be productive with you, and I KNOW it wont be productive with PM, as he isnt looking for answers, or to discuss these issues, he is just here to vent his bitterness.

Powerman said:
That's your opinion. You kill Abraham and you kill all the Abrahamic faiths who have been a cancer to the world throughout history.

Fool

LuvRPgrl said:

Really? Are you trying to tell me that the big 3 abrahamic faiths haven't had at least some negative effects on society?

Look at the Muslims. They're still fucking everything up. The Jews had their fair share of genocidal warfare as did the Christians. It would appear that now the only current threat is Islam but each of the Abrahamic faiths have done their fair share of assholery throughout history.

LuvRPgrl said:
Maybe Jacob wrestled with Jesus,the Son, and Moses was dealing with either the Father or the Holy Spirit. Well, anyways, to explore such possibilites, I dont think will be productive with you, and I KNOW it wont be productive with PM, as he isnt looking for answers, or to discuss these issues, he is just here to vent his bitterness.

Wouldn't it be hard for him to wrestle with Jesus if Jesus had not yet been incarnated?

Powerman said:

Last time I checked Abraham died several thousand years ago. That hasn't changed any faith.

My point was that all western religion stems from Abraham. No Abraham and you might not have a faith. Are you following me?

Forum List

Back