About Slavery Liberals Don't Want You to Know

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Slavery.jpg

According to Benjamin Skinner, a fellow at the Carr Center for Human Rights Policy at Harvard Kennedy School of Government, there are more men and women in slavery now than any other time in human history; however, contrary to what Black Lives Matter activists would have you believe, most of these have nothing to do with the United States.

This article naturally takes a dig at the USA, claiming slavery also exists here. And thar is probably true. There's a vast underground where migrants are kept in conditions of near or full servitude. And, there appears to be little proof that it's rampant in the American Black community.

So, if all these “caring people” truly care, what are they planning on doing about it?

Read the full story @ The Truth About Slavery Just Came Out, and Liberals Do NOT Want People Knowing

I've always found it fascinating that Island blacks all descended from slaves do not have "issues" like American blacks. In America there is a "race baiting" industry that has made men like Jesse Jackson and especially Al Sharpton very wealthy individuals.

Pity.

Slavery.jpg

According to Benjamin Skinner, a fellow at the Carr Center for Human Rights Policy at Harvard Kennedy School of Government, there are more men and women in slavery now than any other time in human history; however, contrary to what Black Lives Matter activists would have you believe, most of these have nothing to do with the United States.

This article naturally takes a dig at the USA, claiming slavery also exists here. And thar is probably true. There's a vast underground where migrants are kept in conditions of near or full servitude. And, there appears to be little proof that it's rampant in the American Black community.

So, if all these “caring people” truly care, what are they planning on doing about it?

Most people who actually pay attention know about modern slavery...human trafficking is worse that gun smuggling and only 2nd to drug smuggling.

Read the full story @ The Truth About Slavery Just Came Out, and Liberals Do NOT Want People Knowing

North Korea, India worst offenders in Global Slavery...
icon_omg.gif

North Korea, India worst offenders in Global Slavery Index report
May 31, 2016 -- The Global Slavery Index estimates 45.8 million people worldwide live in slavery, with North Korea and India among the worst offenders.
The index, produced by the Australia-based activist group Walk Free Foundation, is based on international surveys of 25 countries. Mauritania, the West African country which previously led the list, was replaced by North Korea. The index says 4.3 percent of the North Korean population lives in slavery. Other countries with the highest number of slaves per capita are Uzbekistan, Cambodia, Qatar, Pakistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Sudan, Iraq and Afghanistan. India has the highest number of people in slavery total.

North-Korea-India-worst-offenders-in-Global-Slavery-Index-report.jpg

In India, even small children are made to help lay bricks​

The foundation defines slavery as "situations of exploitation that a person cannot refuse or leave because of threats, violence, coercion, abuse of power or deception." A 2012 United Nations report on Mauritania estimated 10 to 20 percent of the population lived in slavery. The typical examples given were forced labor or forced marriage.

The Walk Free survey, released Monday, lowered that estimate to 1.13 percent. The country established anti-slavery courts in 2015, although the practice of slave ownership was outlawed in 2007. The United States is at the bottom of the 167-nation ranking, tied with 15 other countries. The index says 57,700 people live in modern slavery in the United States, largely, it said, in sex trafficking and itinerant labor trafficking.

North Korea, India worst offenders in Global Slavery Index report

See also:

Report: Child workers up against tough conditions, health risks in Indonesian tobacco fields
May 25, 2016 - “I was throwing up ... so tired from harvesting and carrying [tobacco] leaves. I threw up so many times," a 13-year-old worker said, according to the report.
Thousands of children as young as 8 are working in hazardous conditions and risking their health in Indonesian tobacco fields so that companies can make billions of dollars, a new report said Wednesday. The 119-page report from Human Rights Watch, titled, "The Harvest is in My Blood: Hazardous Child Labor in Tobacco Farming in Indonesia," details the trying conditions child workers must endure to cultivate tobacco in the Pacific Rim nation -- and notes that not enough is being done to protect them. Among the tough conditions, the report states, are extreme heat, dangerous harvesting practices and exposure to nicotine and other toxic chemicals.

Report-Child-workers-up-against-tough-conditions-health-risks-in-Indonesian-tobacco-fields.jpg

Indonesian tobacco fields​

The report says the fact that major tobacco companies are effectively creating the market -- and, thus, facilitating the tough work conditions -- and making billions is a factor that the firms and regulatory officials should take more seriously. "Tobacco companies are making money off the backs and the health of Indonesian child workers," report co-author Margaret Wurth said. "Tobacco companies shouldn't contribute to the use of hazardous child labor through their supply chains." The largest tobacco companies operating in Indonesia include PT Bentoel Internasional Investama, which is owned by British American Tobacco, and PT Hanjaya Mandala Sampoerna Tbk, owned by Philip Morris International. Other Indonesian and multinational companies also purchase tobacco grown in Indonesia, HRW said.

The report calls on the Indonesian government to take steps to protect child workers who are subjected to long work days under such challenging conditions -- such as instituting a sweeping education campaign to promote awareness of industry health risks. Human Rights Watch based the report on interviews with more than 200 people between the ages of 8 and 17. Half of the children surveyed said they have experienced various ailments during the course of their work -- including vomiting, headaches and nausea -- which experts say is caused by the absorption of nicotine in their young bodies. "I was throwing up [after being] so tired from harvesting and carrying the [tobacco] leaves. I threw up so many times," the report quoted a 13-year-old worker as saying. The report's research included three Indonesian provinces that account for about 90 percent of the country's tobacco production -- East Java, Central Java, and West Nusa Tenggara.

Indonesian law states that the minimum full-time work age is 15, but it allows children between 13 and 15 to work light schedules as long as they don't interfere with school. That stipulation, though, the report says, is not being followed in some fields. "The work could have lasting consequences for their health and development," HRW stated. "Companies should ban suppliers from using children for work that involves direct contact with tobacco, and the Indonesian government should regulate the industry to hold them accountable." Indonesia is the world's fifth-largest tobacco producer and is home to about a half-million farms.

Report: Child workers up against tough conditions, health risks in Indonesian tobacco fields

Last edited:
About Slavery Liberals Don't Want You to Know

Even a tard wouldn't say something so asinine.
Guess I was mistaken.

Slavery.jpg

Oh,well that makes everything OK then.

Dont at least 75% of all American Blacks know that all Democrats are racists and were behind the slavery years and the chaos of the 50's/60's when Democrats made sure that blacks had their own restrooms?

I've always found it fascinating that Island blacks all descended from slaves do not have "issues" like American blacks. In America there is a "race baiting" industry that has made men like Jesse Jackson and especially Al Sharpton very wealthy individuals.
They were freed earlier. There was no war or Jim Crow afterwards. They run their own countries now. Big difference.

What the article in the OP doesn't want you to know is that, while slavery has been a fact of life over the millenia, it was usually due to war, religion, criminality or debt and could easily be reversed. In America race was added to the mix and that's impossible to change.

They were freed earlier. There was no war or Jim Crow afterwards. They run their own countries now. Big difference.
Always love how the stupid left brings up jim crow as if things were not divided in the North.

This stupid liberal probably does not know and certainly does not care that baseball was segregated and EVERY baseball team were NORTH of the MASON DIXON LINE.

I wonder why Boston was the last team to integrate. Any guesses? Why weren't blacks allowed on Martha's Vineyard for so long?

The Jim Crow south? How about the democrat north?

Stupid morons.

Always love how the stupid left brings up jim crow as if things were not divided in the North. This stupid liberal probably does not know and certainly does not care that baseball was segregated and EVERY baseball team were NORTH of the MASON DIXON LINE. I wonder why Boston was the last team to integrate. Any guesses? Why weren't blacks allowed on Martha's Vineyard for so long? The Jim Crow south? How about the democrat north?
I said America, not south. What's stupid is that you're assuming what I know in order to make your point. While you picked on two words my post was mainly about slavery and how it was different here compared to historical slavery. No comment on that?

Forum List

Back