About my ex...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
My ex and I divorced several years ago but we're still best friends. We see each other about twice a week, and it's always her idea what we do next. She cleans my house once a week, and that's her idea too, though I pay her.

I still love my ex. Is it possible she still loves me too?

When we were married we were both unhappy. But after the divorce we have never gotten along better. We kept the good parts of our marriage, and jettisoned the bad.

Should I be satisfied with the way things are? Am I wrong to want her back?

My ex and I divorced several years ago but we're still best friends. We see each other about twice a week, and it's always her idea what we do next. She cleans my house once a week, and that's her idea too, though I pay her.

When we were married we were both unhappy. But after the divorce we have never gotten along better. We kept the good parts of our marriage, and jettisoned the bad.

No, you're just not really divorced and available for other relationships because you're in a co-dependent relationship. Have you considered therapy? On your own by the way. A little self-awareness goes a long way.

If you both are happy now then why change things back to how it was when you both were unhappy?

Only one way to find out ...gotta go about it the right way though ....and that depends on how it all ended....my name is paul thats between ya'll

Ya never know she might miss the intimacy ....and itll put an end to your yearning one way or another

Ask her out on a date. See how that goes.

marriage is a necessary sacrament you should avail yourself to. One of only a few such helps.

Is she seeing anyone else? Do you know?

All my ex's post on facebook
So facebook is the place I'd rarely want to be
But all my ex's post on facebook
That's why i'm hidin' out @ USMB

Rosanna's likes include her putting down her former groom

Sweet Eileen's vengeance scheme include some federal goons
And Allison's DNA tested positive for me......
And Dimple forwards all my poems to the court for them to see

I remember when i first logged on , on just a friendly whim
But my ex's found me out , and wore that welcome mighty thin.
No top shelf medication can relieve the way they fight
And I always come back sober long before the dawn daylight

See my ex's post on facebook
And facebook just won't cancel my account for me
But all my ex's post on facebook
That's why i hang my hat here USMB

Some folks think I'm hidin'
It's been rumored that I died
But I'm alive and well here @ USMB

~S~
~(w/apologies to George Strait)~

You should ask her.

You can be in a relationship with her but live apart. Kind of like when you started dating when you first met.

You sound satisfied. If it were me I would be satisfied. It's good you think about this, but don't dwell on it or stay in your head to long. If you do that you will surly mess it up. Y'all enjoy each other. Stick with that and just see how it go's?

Every relationship is unique, and it is up to you to figure out what level of "togetherness" works best for the relationship. For some couples, one works out of town and they only see each other on weekends, and that works out fine. For other couples that would be "terrible."

From your brief description, it sounds like a continuous 7-day a week relationship might not be advisable. Work out something that works for you.

A Catholic single's website sent me an email today discussing the case of a divorced couple who still hung out together and were best friends. The email said divorced couples should COMMIT to the divorce and not be best friends.

I found this very odd advice coming from a Catholic single's website. According to the teachings of the Catholic Church, my ex-wife and I are STILL MARRIED in the eyes of God, and will remain married until we get an annulment from the Catholic Church.

How could it be BAD for a couple that is still married in the eyes of God to be BEST FRIENDS?

Sounds like a awkward relationship.. just get back together. I think she still likes to be around you

Sounds like a awkward relationship.. just get back together. I think she still likes to be around you
She calls me several times a day, always returns my phone calls, and when we get together, it's almost always her idea.

On the other hand, she has a boyfriend she is living with.

I had a friend who had a word for what she thinks my ex-wife is doing:

"Dick under a glass"

Break the glass in case of emergency.

Forum List

Back