About how much to charter a boat for a half day

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
off the middle of the Oregon coast?

I have no idea. This would probably be for 1-5 people depending upon the date...Aug 14, Sunday, 1/2 day...let's say 6 people.

I don't fish, so I really have no idea. I lived on the coast growing up but never went on the ocean. My brother was a fisherman..is a fisherman. He took my niece out a couple of years ago..they rented a boat and went crabbing, and brought home a lot. I'm just really curious about how much it costs to hire a boat to take you and a few others out for a day of fishing.

I guess they don't broadcast those figures, which I find highly annoying. I see a couple of nice charter outfits but hell if I can find even a HINT of a fee statement.

So does anyone have any knowledge or guess? I can't even make a guess. And I'm not asking my brother.

• Banned
I'd stay home with the young kids. I have zero zip interest in going out. I'd rather hang out on the beach, or take a dune buggy ride. Or read a boring magazine. I swear I've spent more hours fishing than some professional fishermen, and yet I DON'T FISH.

The kids and I can have a weenie roast or something.

You're going to have to take several factors into consideration before asking for quotes. How far out to sea do you want to go, for how long. Will you be taking your own gear. Some rudimentary tuition, perhaps. Fuel surcharge. Anyway, I did a quick Google check using the catch-words 'chartering a boat Oregon', and the feedback/general consensus suggests that you'll be looking to spend between two to three hundred Dollars.

Last edited:
google is your friend

just find a local charter company and look at their rates....i would try to make a deal with them but with the high cost of fuel....

3-500 sounds about right - and yes, factors to consider -- you going to fish? You'll need gear, bait. Lunch? Drinks? Your first mate can even clean/bag everything you catch - but will expect a nice tip. I would recommend contacting the Chamber of Commerce in the city you'll be and getting a recommendation

• Banned
I googled the crap out of it and couldn't find any rates...

yes the goal is to go fishing, I don't know how far out they go, they go OUT, lol...and the charter provides the gear, the clients provide their bodies and anglers' licenses.

The one I'm looking out take out up to 8 people at a time, probably if you chartered for 6 people they'd be the only ones.

I think 3-500 sounds about right too...but I wish I had a link!

We rented a boat in Florida for the entire day, it was $350 and that included everything.

That would be cheaper for you than to hire someone to drive a boat for y'all. Does anyone in your party know how to drive a boat?

Forum List

Back