Go, West, Young Lady!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Well, I did.

Last week we went West, for the first time to see part of fly-over country first hand. And it was big, wide, exhilarating.
So, let me invite you to see some of it with me....

GrandTetonsSpurRanch-1.jpg

Bear Lake, Utah, over my right shoulder...over 40 miles long, but not even on most maps.

YellowStoneRiver.jpg

Yellowstone River, Wyoming...views like this throughout the park.

GrandTetons-1.jpg

The Grand Tetons....snow covered in July.

PawneeBills-1.jpg

Buffalo Bill Historic Museum, Cody, Wyoming...a bit of intentional humor in this pic.

Geyser-1.jpg

Yep...Old Faithful. 3min and 40 sec of geyser! Every hour and a half!

DevilsTower-1.jpg

Devil's Tower, South Dakota...so big that it can be seen from 100 miles away!

Badlands-1.jpg

The Badlands...those peaks are more clay than stone, and eroding about 1 inch per year.

Rushmore.jpg

I don't have to tell you, do I.
Magnificent.

What a country.
We're blessed.

This is pretty much the view from my parents kitchen and dining room windows just south of Colorado Springs.

cfiles6611.jpg

What an inspirational collage, PoliticalChic. I hope you won't object to my exlaiming over why the hell we let such a bountiful landscape/territory slip through our wretched fingers!!

I'll get my coat.

He is just doing sour grapes cause the girl in the picture is way hotter than he will get next to in the next three lifetimes.

So, ms-asian-with-a-camera.... you have more?......

He is just doing sour grapes cause the girl in the picture is way hotter than he will get next to in the next three lifetimes.

So, ms-asian-with-a-camera.... you have more?......

Thank you so much, Baruch...I took a thousand photos!

You know the old joke about the bus full of Japanese tourists that was robbed....the had 3,700,200 photos of the robber.....

...it's in our blood!

What an inspirational collage, PoliticalChic. I hope you won't object to my exlaiming over why the hell we let such a bountiful landscape/territory slip through our wretched fingers!!

I'll get my coat.

Because we took it from your wretched fingers.

And then, we beat you again in 1812.

Remember the Battle of New Orleans! Where Andrew Jackson and a rag tag group of militiamen that had little or no formal training handed the British Army the most lopsided defeat in the modern world.

Of course, that was after we kicked your miserable ass at Ft. McHenry too.

This is pretty much the view from my parents kitchen and dining room windows just south of Colorado Springs.

cfiles6611.jpg

With that view, bet the suicide rate is miniscule...
...and I'll bet your folks ski!

Ski? Only if the driveway is icy, they're in their 80s. I used to ski Keystone and Breckenridge all the time, hiked the Rampart Range often and did a lot of free style climbing. It's amazing I survived. :lol:

I'll get my coat.

Remember the Battle of New Orleans! Where Andrew Jackson and a rag tag group of militiamen that had little or no formal training handed the British Army the most lopsided defeat in the modern world.

(Pssst...let's not press that 1812 thing, where Dolly had to run from the White House with Stuart's portrait of Washington...)

cfiles6611.jpg

With that view, bet the suicide rate is miniscule...
...and I'll bet your folks ski!

Ski? Only if the driveway is icy, they're in their 80s. I used to ski Keystone and Breckenridge all the time, hiked the Rampart Range often and did a lot of free style climbing. It's amazing I survived. :lol:

Oh? 80's? Then they must Luge!

I'll get my coat.

(Pssst...let's not press that 1812 thing, where Dolly had to run from the White House with Stuart's portrait of Washington...)

Yeah, but we got our payback. After sacking D.C., the Brits had the thing wrapped up if they hadn't blown it at Ft. McHenry and then, to put a fine point on it (and because Andy Jackson hated the British) they got annihilated at the Battle of New Orleans (even though the war was officially over).

Forum List

Back