Abortion access threatened

Abortion shouldn't be the only choice for unwanted children.

Has it ever been?

Adoption within the US is not very cheap either. Unless you are willing to take a less than perfect child, then it's a bit more affordable.

You call it a silver lining that more restrictions on abortion may increase the up for adoption baby pool. I hope you do not think of it as a selling point. I'm sure many do.

Following the current zeitgeist, most American women bearing children they can't afford will do their utmost to hold onto them. Who could blame them? The maternal instinct is a very strong one. Welfare will continue to support them and even if that were cut it will mean many costly and emotional battles by Family Services to wrest children from their parent's arms. In most cases then you will still end up with older children with issues to be dealt with.

I think that women who must give up their children to someone else through no fault of her own but that they were denied abortion and now can't afford to feed their kids, must be among the most unfortunate and most cruely wronged women in the world. I don't see any silver lining in situations like this.

No one forces a woman to keep a child. In fact, what greater act of love than to put your child above your own desires and give it to someone who will love it and can afford to care for it properly.

I have several family members who are ours through adoption - two of whom are special needs. They are as much part of my family as anyone else. In fact, if we were ever able to meet the kind mothers of these children, we would say 'thanks' cuz their kids are a gift to our family beyond measure.
Members of my family have been put up for adoption (my grandmother and her brother). My cousin's son and daughter were adopted from single mothers who couldn't give their children a a good enough home. Her son's birth mother retained visiting rights. It was very painful for her to have to say goodbye to her son after every visit and to see him looking at her like a stranger. She stopped coming after a while. The girl's birth mother disappeared into the void right after the birth. My cousin doesn't even know if either is still living.

People talk about the emotions that chosing abortion can cause to rise up ina woman. But so few ever consider the emotions a birth mother experiences. From my own experience with people I know personally, the abandonment of children, no matter how grateful, well off and loving the adoptive parents were, was far more destructive emotionally to the birth mothers and fathers than abortion was to anyone I've known who has had one or been a partner to one.

Birth fathers are hardly ever discussed. It's like they don't exist or have no right to any feelings yet I'm sure many do.

There are those who see the unborn as real, living children too. They care equally for the unborn as they do for the born. Freaks.
Is that why they frighten little kids on their way to daycare?

Interesting that you save all your outrage for the possibility that little kids might see ugly pictures (in a world full of ugliness and scary things), with none left over for the fact that a few yards away, even littler kids are being turned into those ugly pictures. I might call that a lack of priorities. It's like dealing with the local concentration camp by planting oleander hedges around it so it'll look pretty to the neighborhood.

No one forces a woman to keep a child.
Yet how much help does she get when she wants to keep it? Certainly not from most anti-abortion people. Many are opposed to welfare for struggling mothers and are only too eager to see her separated from her baby so someone better off can have it. Then she is given hollow praise for the sacrifice she has made.

The baby trading business is very profitable for some. Enough that in some countries babies are kidnapped or mothers tricked into releasing them. My mother was approached by a woman in a public park once who offered to take me and my brother off her hands for a sum of money. My mother was no teenaged mother either! She grabbed us both and ran home.

What people are these?

Well, your typical liberal environmentalists. Not ALL of them, of course, because I try not to make absolute statements like that. But I'm sure there are many...enough to make pointing out the irony worthwhile.

You don't find it strange that a person would argue against something for environmental reasons because living things are potentially killed in the process, and simultaneously support killing a fetus simply because it's an inconvenience?

I'm only speaking about the matter of convenience in this case, not a rape, or something else that might provide a more justified reason for an abortion.
No, I don't find that strange at all. In fact, if every fetus were to turn into a human being that lived an average life span and procreated the environment, and thus the future of our species, would be in grave danger. Get back to to when there is a shortage of fetuses and then I will be concerned about them.

Get back to us on your fear of overpopulation when you're ready to die to protect the environment yourself, instead of advocating that someone else do it.

From scaring children with signs to scaring them with guns and real violence ... I wonder how long.

I support the right of someone to get an abortion, but your accusation of protesters purposely setting out to scare little children is dishonest, as you already know, and detracts from your credibility.

Are you just as concerned about little children being scared in school about global warming?

Didn't think so.

No, you can show as many scary, disturbing things to kids as you like, so long as you are a duly-liberalized public school teacher advocating a liberal-approved PC agenda. Otherwise, it is your duty to forego your First Amendment rights and shut the hell up in a lame-ass attempt to sanitize and Disney-ize the world for little children.

There are those who see the unborn as real, living children too. They care equally for the unborn as they do for the born. Freaks.

Interesting that you save all your outrage for the possibility that little kids might see ugly pictures (in a world full of ugliness and scary things), with none left over for the fact that a few yards away, even littler kids are being turned into those ugly pictures. I might call that a lack of priorities. It's like dealing with the local concentration camp by planting oleander hedges around it so it'll look pretty to the neighborhood.
You are probably the most heartlesss bitch on this board. Your posts belie your concern for human life again and again. Like the one above. Your priority certainly has nothing to do with caring for children. In your mind they are just weapons for harming those who do care for them.

You're probably a concentration camp denier also, judging by the way you belittle them by comparing them to family planning clinics.

Well, your typical liberal environmentalists. Not ALL of them, of course, because I try not to make absolute statements like that. But I'm sure there are many...enough to make pointing out the irony worthwhile.

You don't find it strange that a person would argue against something for environmental reasons because living things are potentially killed in the process, and simultaneously support killing a fetus simply because it's an inconvenience?

I'm only speaking about the matter of convenience in this case, not a rape, or something else that might provide a more justified reason for an abortion.
No, I don't find that strange at all. In fact, if every fetus were to turn into a human being that lived an average life span and procreated the environment, and thus the future of our species, would be in grave danger. Get back to to when there is a shortage of fetuses and then I will be concerned about them.

Get back to us on your fear of overpopulation when you're ready to die to protect the environment yourself, instead of advocating that someone else do it.
Are you suggesting I commit suicide? Not surprising coming from one of the most hateful people to disgrace these board.

So where is that compassion for birth mothers and fathers I asked about. I see it isn't even worth a mention from you. Blood sucker!!

Where is the compassion for Ravi and Shogun, for whom access to smoke filled bars is threatened, if not completely obliterated already?

Where is the compassion for Ravi and Shogun, for whom access to smoke filled bars is threatened, if not completely obliterated already?
I even have compassion for sorry ass like you. Not much but some.

Do you think it is alright for Pro Choice protesters to stand outside of high school with those pictures during school hours? I love it when people have a problem with planned parenthood being involved in sex education for teens, but they had no problem when they protested outside of my high school.

Heh, that sort of talk used to be funny. Now you're just a has been. Go back to watching your John and Rielle tape.

It appears these protesters are proving it's true that anti-abortion activists care nothing for real, living children.

Freedom of speech issue. You cannot regulate the content of free speech (except for the USSC noted exceptions public safety exceptions).

It would be better if abortion had a better legal standing, but people leading the charge back then didn't care how it got done as long as it got done. So, you take a made up "protected right" in Griswold (the right to privacy) and slap it on Roe and call it a day.

Now you take the made up right (privacy) and juxtapose it with a clearly protected right (free speech) and tell us to make a decision about which should win. Hmmmm... quite a conundrum.

Are you surprised to hear this sort of thing is happening in the Liberal North East?
Will abortion eventually become inaccessible anywhere in the US due to pressure from anti-abortion groups and locals who fear them?

This simply about the economy. There is no threat to access for abortions due to anti-Choice crowds and rent in Chestnut hill is really high. It is the typical over priced over policed white suburbia.
Did you read the article? Not only are protesters trying to shut this clinic down, the neighbors are too. They are petitioning the town because they don't want the protesters to have an adverse effect on their businesses nearby. They don't want their kids to be frightened by these people on the way to day care.
If you think the death threats to GYNs has had no effect on their decisions to offer abortion services or not has no effect you have been misinformed.
Two clinics in Brookline have already had personnel murdered on site by a protester.

The move to Brookline was due to economic reasons. If the clinic must move again or close down, it will be due to the community's reaction to the protesters.

Yes I read the article. That is why I said what I did in reaction to this part:

"The clinic’s owner, Dr. Laurent Delli-Bovi, has said that Women’s Health Services needed to relocate to Harvard Street because it could no longer afford the rent in Chestnut Hill."

As for the protesters, so what? I thought your OP question of "Can you believe this is happening in the Liberal......" was purely tongue in cheek. The Boston area is not nearly as Liberal as the MSM tries to get people to believe.

Complaining about the protesters with words like "threatening" abortion clinics is hyperbolic. It's almost as overblown as the War on Christmas rhetoric.

Oh you are referring to the "hoards" of PETA members, and Vegans?? Oh my, what a group..

Actually, there are plenty more republicans that argue against wind turbines and other green energy solutions than liberals. Freaky isnt it.

Forum List

Back