A vote for Obama is a vote for $8 gas

>>> cant remember the last time i paid 2.00 for gas.

I remember paying $.45 in the middle of nowhere Texas in 1998. It was a substantial dip but still. I do remember filling my 13 gallon take for about $12-$20 typically in 96 and 97.

The media looked at that reality and claimed we were getting raped during the Bush years. What's changed? Oh, their guy is in office. They don't complain about gas prices for the same reason that they stopped doing their daily body counts in Afghanistan.

It must really piss you fools off that gas prices are going down.

Hope it continues but either way, neither a D or R prez has any control over it.

But, hey, don't let FACTS get in the way of a good rw lie.

Another fucking dumb thread. We are pumping more oil now in the US than we have in the past. In fact, we are exporting gasoline and diesel by the tanker load. So why are we paying more for the gas? Because, if we don't, the oil companies will sell it overseas to the people that will. As they are already doing. No lack of refinery capacity, no lack of oil. The whole drill more, build more refineries, and the Keystone Pipeline, is nothing but a bid for more billions for the petroleum companies.

Even if we do all of those things, it will not bring the price of gasoline down here in the US. We will just export it to markets that are willing to pay more. Welcome to the global economy.

Hope it continues but either way, neither a D or R prez has any control over it.

The oil companies invest their unprecedented profits in politicians and media companies to make fools like you believe that.

How do you expect the economy to grow unless we pay more for things we already buy?

Perhaps you should rethink that statement.

I have. Most Americans can only afford to buy what they need.
So how does the economy grow? Charge them more for what they already buy.

It worked for a while for houses didn't it?

I am not saying it is the correct way to go but it is how we are going.

Higher prices do not cause the economy to grow, they just make the economy appear to grow. More dollars, but with less value.

And no, it did not work with houses. The housing boom caused the economy to grow, because millions of people were living high on the growing value of their homes. That is why so many wound up under water when the boom ended with a crash.

That's a red herring. I'm sure you're more than aware of the many ways in which govt. is directly involved in oil. You ever hear of Keystone? That's just one important example. There are plenty more.
Your definition of "involved" must mean "gets in the way of."

Yes, government gets in the way of all manner of economic activity, now more than ever under Obama.

Another fucking dumb thread. We are pumping more oil now in the US than we have in the past. In fact, we are exporting gasoline and diesel by the tanker load. So why are we paying more for the gas? Because, if we don't, the oil companies will sell it overseas to the people that will. As they are already doing. No lack of refinery capacity, no lack of oil. The whole drill more, build more refineries, and the Keystone Pipeline, is nothing but a bid for more billions for the petroleum companies.

Even if we do all of those things, it will not bring the price of gasoline down here in the US. We will just export it to markets that are willing to pay more. Welcome to the global economy.

Maybe one solution would be to take away the incentive to export domestic crude and products by bringing prices up to parity with foreign markets. There is a $20-$30 spread between WTI and Brent, as an example. And within our own borders, local crude pricing varies by region because of bottlenecks in transportation (i.e. lack of pipeline infrastructure).

On a related topic, I'm still perplexed as to why we continually export millions of metric tons of agricultural grains each year, yet our grocery prices are through the roof.

Last edited:

Speaking of facts, why is it oil prices are still climbing but the price of gas has gone down in some places 25 cents?

Remember when Obama made deals with Russia, the UK, Japan, among others to start releasing their oil reserves? Obama had a big party at the White House so he could bribe the British PM into doing him a favor. Who says the President can't effect oil prices. If that were true Obama should get no credit for the price drop, but he'll take it just the same.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back