A vote for Obama is a vote for $8 gas

It seems this thread is a one more effort by the right wing to create fear in the voters. Why, well this is an interesting article:

"Abundant crude supply doesn't push gas prices down"

Read more: Abundant crude supply doesn't push gas prices down

Why does the right wing lie? 'Casue the truth will bury them.

Abundant crude supply doesn't push gas prices down

Once again...do you READ what you cite, Wry?

It says that a pipeline "bottleneck" in Oklahoma was one reason for the glut of crude not making it to refineries in the Gulf. Gee, lets think for a moment...pipeline? Wasn't there a proposed pipeline running from north to south that would have helped to ease that situation? Keystone...I think it was called? Now what was it that happened to that pipeline again? Oh, that's right...Barry cancelled it to placate environmental groups before the 2012 elections. Boy, sure would be nice if we had a President who made decisions based on what was good for the country instead of what he perceives is good for his reelection campaign.

Or that a fire at the BP refinery in Washington State was causing a back up of crude oil there?

So basically, your liberal San Francisco newspaper takes two situations that caused an oil glut and tried to make the point that demand for oil was down and we don't need to drill at all.

Obama has said it several times (and so has his energy secretary, Steven Chu) that he wants European level gas prices ($8 per gallon). He has a bunch of kooky reasons for it; but he has made no secret about his agenda. That's why he's a hypocrite when he pretends that gas is out of his control and that there's "no silver bullet" to getting gas prices down.

I was filling up my tank; well not filling it up. But putting some gas in it and I was like this is f'ing BS even at $4 per gallon.

People need to realize that gas prices are going to suck through the next 4 years with Obama in charge. Vote for Obama if you want high gas prices and a slow economy.

[youtube]5M1WlV7vafk[/youtube]

You're lying through your teeth...been watching too much Faux

You just dont like facts..do you ass wipe?

A strike on Iran's nuclear facilities is imminent no matter who's president.

SMELL IT.

coffee-time+rats.jpg

You just refuted your own argument. Good job.

No I did not. You're the one making the argument that gas prices will raise to $8 based on war with Iran. Did gas go to $8 when we went to war with Iraq and Afghanistan? Hmmm. Maybe you should do a rethink.

You're the one making the idiotic claim that gas will go to 8 bucks if Obama is re-elected.

It seems this thread is a one more effort by the right wing to create fear in the voters. Why, well this is an interesting article:

It says that a pipeline "bottleneck" in Oklahoma was one reason for the glut of crude not making it to refineries in the Gulf. Gee, lets think for a moment...pipeline? Wasn't there a proposed pipeline running from north to south that would have helped to ease that situation? Keystone...I think it was called? Now what was it that happened to that pipeline again? Oh, that's right...Barry cancelled it to placate environmental groups before the 2012 elections. Boy, sure would be nice if we had a President who made decisions based on what was good for the country instead of what he perceives is good for his reelection campaign.

Or that a fire at the BP refinery in Washington State was causing a back up of crude oil there?

So basically, your liberal San Francisco newspaper takes two situations that caused an oil glut and tried to make the point that demand for oil was down and we don't need to drill at all.

Why did US refineries export gasoline last year?

Because they could.
To manipulate the supply here in the USA?
To increase their profits?

You just refuted your own argument. Good job.

No I did not. You're the one making the argument that gas prices will raise to $8 based on war with Iran. Did gas go to $8 when we went to war with Iraq and Afghanistan? Hmmm. Maybe you should do a rethink.

You're the one making the idiotic claim that gas will go to 8 bucks if Obama is re-elected.

You're calling Obama the idiot. He is the one that said he prefers European level gas prices.

One of the reasons is that much of the gasoline that US refineries make can't be used here in the US because it doesn't meet our own pollution standards. That's right folks...we have to buy gas from foreign refineries because our own can't produce what our lawmakers have decided we should be burning in our cars. So we import gas that does...and export the gas that doesn't. All this due to the fact that we haven't had a new refinery built in the US since the 1970's. Why you might ask? Because both the EPA and environmental groups have fought tooth and nail to keep it from happening...that's why. It took 7 YEARS for one being planned in Arizona to get it's air quality permits. That's 7 YEARS!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Obama has said it several times (and so has his energy secretary, Steven Chu) that he wants European level gas prices ($8 per gallon). He has a bunch of kooky reasons for it; but he has made no secret about his agenda. That's why he's a hypocrite when he pretends that gas is out of his control and that there's "no silver bullet" to getting gas prices down.

I was filling up my tank; well not filling it up. But putting some gas in it and I was like this is f'ing BS even at $4 per gallon.

People need to realize that gas prices are going to suck through the next 4 years with Obama in charge. Vote for Obama if you want high gas prices and a slow economy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvUujZVYJuY]Secretary Chu visits Googleplex - YouTube[/ame]

That is a video of Obama's choice for our energy secretary, Chu, saying that we need to raise gas prices in america to european levels

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvUujZVYJuY]Secretary Chu visits Googleplex - YouTube[/ame]

That is a video of Obama's choice for our energy secretary, Chu, saying that we need to raise gas prices in america to european levels

I doubt anyone will watch this video, post the time when this statement is made and then we can decided to listen to the remark in context.

I doubt anyone will watch this video, post the time when this statement is made and then we can decided to listen to the remark in context.

In other words you need another fucking excuse.

I did read the article, and noted this:

Gulf Coast and West Coast refineries are consequently making more gasoline than they can sell locally. They are exporting it to other countries, notably in Central and South America, in volumes not seen in a half a century, according to the Energy Information Administration.

"The surging growth in U.S. oil supply has turned North American crude dynamics upside down," said industry analysts Cory Garcia and Stacey Hudson in a March briefing paper distributed by Raymond James & Associates.

Advanced drilling technology allows new crude oil supplies to be sucked out of landlocked North Dakota, while a pipeline bottleneck in Cushing, Okla., has slowed the path to refineries in Texas and Louisiana. The results are environmental concerns about the new drilling techniques, and a glut of crude oil filling up tanks in a north central Oklahoma town.

Nice job of cherry picking one sentence from an entire article and adding your spin. Even if a pipeline were approved today the glut would continue until its completion. We have more than enough gasoline made, but it is being sold to South and Central America (part of what you left out). Lies by omission are still lies.

Your perspective of San Francisco is biased by your ignorance, a common characteristic of contemporary conservatives.

Another lie by omission:

"The BP refinery in northern Washington had been shut down due to a February fire when the Alaskan Explorer arrived there on April 6. But that doesn't explain the tanker's return to Valdez with a big load of oil. Refinery spokesman Bill Kidd acknowledged that in normal times, the ship would have delivered the remainder of its cargo to a nearby refinery (there are three of them).

Secretary Chu visits Googleplex - YouTube

In other words you need another fucking excuse.

Is a fucking excuse different than an excuse? Or is that your way of showing your manhood? That and your cartoon gun suggests you need to work on that image, Jr. BTW, the video is over 40 minutes long and unlike you I have a life.

I don't want $8 gas.

F Obama.

/sarcasm on

Tough shit. You know as well as I do that progressives know what is best for us. Therefore, sit down, shut up and let them take care of you.

What's that matter with you? Do you really think you are better at deciding what is best for you rather than letting Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Barack Obama tell you what is best?

You'll take your $8 a gallon gasoline and you will like it come hell or high water!

/sarcasm off

Immie

Supposedly he has walked away from those statements now so don't let it make your little mind fret anymore ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back