A very serious thread about race relations

I know people talk about it, but "top priority"? No. There are a lot bigger problems in the world besides trying to legislate stupid people (AKA racist dimwits).

Scientifically, it would be interesting to know why some people feel skin tone is such a big deal. Most of our differences are cultural, not genetic. Genetically, we're 99.5-99.9% alike.

Please show us your reliable source and link stating that there is any genetic difference in Homo-Sapiens, much less one as great as 0.5%. You cannot. However, I do understand your desperate need to feel superior in some material way. You are NOT.

Why is it you have not gone to the effort of learning about genetics if you're going to make such foolish claims?

My understanding is that we, Homo-Sapiens, are 99% the same as gorillas. Or is that your point?
Are you a Bible literalist or a follower of science?

Genetics | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program
While the genetic difference between individual humans today is minuscule – about 0.1%, on average – study of the same aspects of the chimpanzee genome indicates a difference of about 1.2%. The bonobo (Pan paniscus), which is the close cousin of chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes), differs from humans to the same degree. The DNA difference with gorillas, another of the African apes, is about 1.6%. Most importantly, chimpanzees, bonobos, andhumans all show this same amount of difference from gorillas. A difference of 3.1% distinguishes us and the African apes from the Asian great ape, the orangutan. How do the monkeys stack up? All of the great apes and humans differ from rhesus monkeys, for example, by about 7% in their DNA.

https://www.ashg.org/education/pdf/geneticvariation.pdf
How diverse are we? Perhaps the most widely cited statistic about human genetic diversity is that any two humans differ, on average, at about 1 in 1,000 DNA base pairs (0.1%). Human genetic diversity is substantially lower than that of many other species, including our nearest evolutionary relative, the chimpanzee. Genetic diversity is a function of a population's "age" (i.e., the amount of time during which mutations accumulate to generate diversity) and its size. Our genetic homogeneity implies that anatomically modern humans arose relatively recently (perhaps 200,000 years ago) and that our population size was quite small at one time (perhaps 10,000 breeding individuals). To put the 0.1% genetic diversity estimate into perspective, it is useful to remember that humans have approximately 3 billion base pairs in a haploid cell. Thus, any pair of humans differs by approximately 3 million base pairs. These differences contain much useful information about the evolutionary history of our species. In addition, the small proportion of differences that occur within genes can lead to critical inferences about the effects of natural selection.

J. Craig Venter - In the Genome Race, the Sequel Is Personal
....Biologists had estimated that two individuals would be identical in 99.9 percent of their DNA, but the true figure now emerges as much less, around 99.5 percent, Dr. Scherer said.

The genome is being made publicly available on the database operated by the National Center for Biotechnology Information and is free for any use. Dr. Venter said he would add phenotypic information to the version on his own Web site, meaning medical records and other data to help researchers correlate his bodily characteristics with his DNA.

When did you retire? Does it coincide with the time that you began to feel that race relations got "worse than the 60s"?

I semi-retired about ten years ago and fully about two years ago. It was obvious that one of petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama goals was to increase the racial divide in this country. He has been shamefully successful.

I did not say worse than in the 60's, I said worst SINCE. Major difference. We have not reached the full-scale riots of those times. I recall them well.

I know people talk about it, but "top priority"? No. There are a lot bigger problems in the world besides trying to legislate stupid people (AKA racist dimwits).

Scientifically, it would be interesting to know why some people feel skin tone is such a big deal. Most of our differences are cultural, not genetic. Genetically, we're 99.5-99.9% alike.

Please show us your reliable source and link stating that there is any genetic difference in Homo-Sapiens, much less one as great as 0.5%. You cannot. However, I do understand your desperate need to feel superior in some material way. You are NOT.

Why is it you have not gone to the effort of learning about genetics if you're going to make such foolish claims?

My understanding is that we, Homo-Sapiens, are 99% the same as gorillas. Or is that your point?

While the genetic difference between individual humans today is minuscule – about 0.1%, on average – study of the same aspects of the chimpanzee genome indicates a difference of about 1.2%. The bonobo (Pan paniscus), which is the close cousin of chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes), differs from humans to the same degree. The DNA difference with gorillas, another of the African apes, is about 1.6%. Most importantly, chimpanzees, bonobos, andhumans all show this same amount of difference from gorillas. A difference of 3.1% distinguishes us and the African apes from the Asian great ape, the orangutan. How do the monkeys stack up? All of the great apes and humans differ from rhesus monkeys, for example, by about 7% in their DNA.

How diverse are we? Perhaps the most widely cited statistic about human genetic diversity is that any two humans differ, on average, at about 1 in 1,000 DNA base pairs (0.1%). Human genetic diversity is substantially lower than that of many other species, including our nearest evolutionary relative, the chimpanzee. Genetic diversity is a function of a population's "age" (i.e., the amount of time during which mutations accumulate to generate diversity) and its size. Our genetic homogeneity implies that anatomically modern humans arose relatively recently (perhaps 200,000 years ago) and that our population size was quite sm
all at one time (perhaps 10,000 breeding individuals). To put the 0.1% genetic diversity estimate into perspective, it is useful to remember that humans have approximately 3 billion base pairs in a haploid cell. Thus, any pair of humans differs by approximately 3 million base pairs. These differences contain much useful information about the evolutionary history of our species. In addition, the small proportion of differences that occur within genes can lead to critical inferences about the effects of natural selection.

....Biologists had estimated that two individuals would be identical in 99.9 percent of their DNA, but the true figure now emerges as much less, around 99.5 percent, Dr. Scherer said.

The genome is being made publicly available on the database operated by the National Center for Biotechnology Information and is free for any use. Dr. Venter said he would add phenotypic information to the version on his own Web site, meaning medical records and other data to help researchers correlate his bodily characteristics with his DNA.

Please learn about Scientific Classification.

DNA was discovered in the 1860's. That discovery did not change our scientific classification.

Human Beings

Scientific Classification
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Clade: Synapsida
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Suborder: Haplorhini
Infraorder: Simiiformes
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens
Subspecies: H. s. sapiens

Cute effort, but you are wrong.

Taxonomy (biology) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

How diverse are we? Perhaps the most widely cited statistic about human genetic diversity is that any two humans differ, on average, at about 1 in 1,000 DNA base pairs (0.1%). Human genetic diversity is substantially lower than that of many other species, including our nearest evolutionary relative, the chimpanzee. Genetic diversity is a function of a population's "age" (i.e., the amount of time during which mutations accumulate to generate diversity) and its size. Our genetic homogeneity implies that anatomically modern humans arose relatively recently (perhaps 200,000 years ago) and that our population size was quite sm
all at one time (perhaps 10,000 breeding individuals). To put the 0.1% genetic diversity estimate into perspective, it is useful to remember that humans have approximately 3 billion base pairs in a haploid cell. Thus, any pair of humans differs by approximately 3 million base pairs. These differences contain much useful information about the evolutionary history of our species. In addition, the small proportion of differences that occur within genes can lead to critical inferences about the effects of natural selection.

Please learn about Scientific Classification.

Human Beings

Scientific Classification
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Clade: Synapsida
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Suborder: Haplorhini
Infraorder: Simiiformes
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens
Subspecies: H. s. sapiens

Cute effort, but you are wrong.

Taxonomy (biology) - Wikipedia
What do you disagree with in the links? What did I say that was wrong or gave you the impression I needed to learn "Scientific Classification"? Are you disagreeing that all humans are 99.5-99.9% genetically alike?

When did I do that? What issue? Are you saying I'm a racist?

Is there a reading noncomprehension contest going on?

And if there is, do I still have time to place a bet?

I never told her what her experiences are. You said I did. And then you said that was an aspect of the issue. Wtf are you talking about, imbecile?

You asked when was the last time I saw a liberal call out blacks, Latinos, and Muslims for racism. Then you said it never happened.

Yes, you were telling me about my experiences, before I had a chance to answer your question.

Did you say it ever happened? All you said was I was wrong according to what you've experienced. You never mentioned blacks, muslims or Hispanics being called out for there racism. So I'd love to hear about one of your antidotal experiences that you seem to be reluctant to describe.

You literally asked the question and then answered it yourself. Maybe you should just post and reply to yourself......cut out the middle man.

And yes, I have seen liberals call out black people for their racism. I've seen black liberals call out other black people for racism.

It happens.

Yeah it happens all the time. Just not on planet earth. Racism to a liberal means white racism. And the word is so diluted now because of the bullshit claims that it means very little. I've avoided the race debates here for a long time because nothing productive comes out of it and I'm sick and tired of hear one side complain about bullshit. And just to be clear that's the liberal side.

Not if you point a blaming finger at single black moms for all of society's ills.

For your reference.

BY WALTER E. WILLIAMS
RELEASE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2005, AND THEREAFTER

AMMUNITION FOR POVERTY PIMPS

In the wake of Hurricane Katrina's destruction of New Orleans, President Bush gave America's poverty pimps and race hustlers new ammunition. The president said, "As all of us saw on television, there is also some deep, persistent poverty in this region as well. And that poverty has roots in a history of racial discrimination, which cut off generations from the opportunity of America. We have a duty to confront this poverty with bold action."

The president's espousing such a vision not only supplies ammunition to poverty pimps and race hustlers, it focuses attention away from the true connection between race and poverty.

Though I grow weary of pointing it out, let's do it again. Let's examine some numbers readily available from the Census Bureau's 2004 Current Population Survey and ask some questions. There's one segment of the black population that suffers only a 9.9 percent poverty rate, and only 13.7 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. There's another segment that suffers a 39.5 percent poverty rate, and 58.1 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. Among whites, one segment suffers a 6 percent poverty rate, and only 9.9 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. The other segment suffers a 26.4 percent poverty rate, and 52 percent of its under-5-year-olds are poor. What do you think distinguishes the high and low poverty populations among blacks?Would you buy an explanation that it's because white people practice discrimination against one segment of the black population and not the other or one segment had a history of slavery and not the other? You'd have to be a lunatic to buy such an explanation. The only distinction between both the black and white populations is marriage -- lower poverty in married-couple families.

In 1960, only 28 percent of black females ages 15 to 44 were never married and illegitimacy among blacks was 22 percent. Today, the never-married rate is 56 percent and illegitimacy stands at 70 percent. If today's black family structure were what it was in 1960, the overall black poverty rate would be in or near single digits. The weakening of the black family structure, and its devastating consequences, have nothing to do with the history of slavery or racial discrimination.

Dr. Charles Murray, an American Enterprise Institute scholar, argues in an article titled "Rediscovering the Underclass" in the Institute's On the Issues series (October 2005) that self-destructive behavior has become the hallmark of the underclass. He says that unemployment in the underclass is not caused by the lack of jobs but by the inability to get up every morning and go to work. In 1954, the percentage of black males, age 20 to 24, not looking for work was nine percent. In 1999, it rose to 30 percent, and that was at a time when employers were beating the bushes for employees. Murray adds that "the statistical reality is that people who get into the American job market and stay there seldom remain poor unless they do something self-destructive.

I share Murray's sentiment expressed at the beginning of his article where he says, "Watching the courage of ordinary low-income people as they deal with the aftermath of Katrina and Rita, it is hard to decide which politicians are more contemptible -- Democrats who are rediscovering poverty and blaming it on George W. Bush, or Republicans who are rediscovering poverty and claiming that the government can fix it." Since President Johnson's War on Poverty, controlling for inflation, the nation has spent $9 trillion on about 80 anti-poverty programs. To put that figure in perspective, last year's U.S. GDP was $11 trillion; $9 trillion exceeds the GDP of any nation except the U.S. Hurricanes Katrina and Rita uncovered the result of the War on Poverty -- dependency and self-destructive behavior.

Guess what the president [President George Walker Bush] and politicians from both parties are asking the American people to do? If you said, "Enact programs that will sustain and enhance dependency," go to the head of the class.

Ammunition For Poverty Pimps

Is there anyone here, or does anyone here know of anyone, who wants to see race relations improve?

No, I don't mean "beat" the other "side". No, I don't mean punishing the other side for their opinions. No, I'm not talking about the political angles, particularly pointing the finger and blaming the other guy.

I mean, is anyone aware of anyone whose top priority is better, more open, more positive, more civil, more constructive, more fruitful human relationships between the races?

Dead serious question. Examples would be great. Links would be great.
Like my grandpa used to say "you can want in one hand and" defecate (he used another word) "in the other and see which one fills up faster". You can want all day but until you put in the work nothing is going to happen. Lets face it. Most whites want race relations to be bad. If they are bad then they feel justified in their racism. If they didnt practice racism as a group other races would eventually take their resources. Its not in whites best interest to promote equality and they are either acutely aware of this or feel it subconsciously. Look at white history. Its not in them as a race. They come from pillaging, oppressive, and bellicose ideology . I am of the opinion its a genetic flaw in their DNA due to inbreeding during the ice age and losing the ability to create melanin to protect their skin.

I never told her what her experiences are. You said I did. And then you said that was an aspect of the issue. Wtf are you talking about, imbecile?

You asked when was the last time I saw a liberal call out blacks, Latinos, and Muslims for racism. Then you said it never happened.

Yes, you were telling me about my experiences, before I had a chance to answer your question.

Did you say it ever happened? All you said was I was wrong according to what you've experienced. You never mentioned blacks, muslims or Hispanics being called out for there racism. So I'd love to hear about one of your antidotal experiences that you seem to be reluctant to describe.

You literally asked the question and then answered it yourself. Maybe you should just post and reply to yourself......cut out the middle man.

And yes, I have seen liberals call out black people for their racism. I've seen black liberals call out other black people for racism.

It happens.

Yeah it happens all the time. Just not on planet earth. Racism to a liberal means white racism. And the word is so diluted now because of the bullshit claims that it means very little. I've avoided the race debates here for a long time because nothing productive comes out of it and I'm sick and tired of hear one side complain about bullshit. And just to be clear that's the liberal side.

So again, you dismiss my experiences and insist you know better.

And when called on it, you denied doing it.

Have fun talking to yourself.

It happens.

Some examples would be nice. Maybe especially if it was in the context of a public figure(s) and/or some policy debate.

Cause, I'm drawing a blank too, and I think that such an event would have been pretty memorable.

Is there anyone here, or does anyone here know of anyone, who wants to see race relations improve?

No, I don't mean "beat" the other "side". No, I don't mean punishing the other side for their opinions. No, I'm not talking about the political angles, particularly pointing the finger and blaming the other guy.

I mean, is anyone aware of anyone whose top priority is better, more open, more positive, more civil, more constructive, more fruitful human relationships between the races?

Like my grandpa used to say "you can want in one hand and" defecate (he used another word) "in the other and see which one fills up faster". You can want all day but until you put in the work nothing is going to happen. Lets face it. Most whites want race relations to be bad. If they are bad then they feel justified in their racism. If they didnt practice racism as a group other races would eventually take their resources. Its not in whites best interest to promote equality and they are either acutely aware of this or feel it subconsciously. Look at white history. Its not in them as a race. They come from pillaging, oppressive, and bellicose ideology . I am of the opinion its a genetic flaw in their DNA due to inbreeding during the ice age and losing the ability to create melanin to protect their skin.

Western Europeans are very bizarre people, how they changed so quick from extreme Colonial practices, to extreme Liberal practices proves it.

Western Europeans are very bizarre people, how they changed so quick from extreme Colonial practices, to extreme Liberal practices proves it.

In both cases, the subjects followed the dictates of the Ruling Class despite being the ones that paid terrible prices.

It happens.

Some examples would be nice. Maybe especially if it was in the context of a public figure(s) and/or some policy debate.

Cause, I'm drawing a blank too, and I think that such an event would have been pretty memorable.

To be fair, as the discussion evolved, nobody asked for a liberal public figure denouncing racism from minorities.

I'm not going to hunt down such a thing, because I was speaking from my experiences, which have already been dismissed, and this kind of goal-post moving is disingenuous.

It happens.

To be fair, as the discussion evolved, nobody asked for a liberal public figure denouncing racism from minorities.

I'm not going to hunt down such a thing, because I was speaking from my experiences, which have already been dismissed, and this kind of goal-post moving is disingenuous.

I'm sure that there have been SOME examples of this or that liberals calling blacks or browns on racism,

if only someone like Mac or Bill Maher.

And such examples are important.

But, let's be real, they are rare enough to be the exception that proves the rule, not disproves it.

I remember WAITING AND HOPING for Obama to slap down those on the Left who were mischaracterizing normal partisan criticism of him as racism,

but he never did.

If he had done so during the campaign, and stuck with it, this world would be a far better place today.

You're actually going to sit on the internets and tell other people what their experiences are?

That's another aspect of the issue right there.

When did I do that? What issue? Are you saying I'm a racist?

Did you say it ever happened? All you said was I was wrong according to what you've experienced. You never mentioned blacks, muslims or Hispanics being called out for there racism. So I'd love to hear about one of your anecdotal otal experiences that you seem to be reluctant to describe.

Are you actually so dense that you literally think "muslim" [sic] and "Hispanic" --- are races??

It happens.

I'm sure that there have been SOME examples of this or that liberals calling blacks or browns on racism,

But, let's be real, they are rare enough to be the exception that proves the rule, not disproves it.

I remember WAITING AND HOPING for Obama to slap down those on the Left who were mischaracterizing normal partisan criticism of him as racism,

but he never did.

If he had done so during the campaign, and stuck with it, this world would be a far better place today.

What kind of Planet Bizzaro do you live on where the POTUS is somehow responsible for what other-people-who-are-not-POTUS say? That would be a fucked-up place. Nothing would ever get done.

See what I mean? There's the same fallacy you're clinging to. Are such concepts as "individual" and "free will" ------------ totally over your head?

but he never did.

What kind of Planet Bizzaro do you live on where the POTUS is somehow responsible for what other-people-who-are-not-POTUS say? That would be a fucked-up place. Nothing would ever get done.

See what I mean? There's the same fallacy you're clinging to. Are such concepts as "individual" and "free will" ------------ totally over your head?

I didn't say he was responsible for it, at that time.

THe context of the statement was in regard to liberals never calling minorities on being racist.

I put forth a time when I was actively waiting and hoping for such a event, a major liberal calling on his minority (or liberal) supporters to not be "Racist" in the sense of falsely characterizing normal partisan behavior by whites as racism.

It would have changed the world, for the better.

Instead Obama eventually he joined in. Which was very disappointing to me.

I offered that as an example of what would be a very good example proving the other poster wrong.

Can you think of anything like that that has actually happened?

but he never did.

THe context of the statement was in regard to liberals never calling minorities on being racist.

I put forth a time when I was actively waiting and hoping for such a event, a major liberal calling on his minority (or liberal) supporters to not be "Racist" in the sense of falsely characterizing normal partisan behavior by whites as racism.

I offered that as an example of what would be a very good example proving the other poster wrong.

I don't need to "think of anything like that that has actually happened", nor would it be any kind of productive, since that's not how the world works.

Some random group of people does not simply transform themselves collectively into The Borg just because you can't treat them as individuals with free will. That's your issue, not theirs.

The tribe is the community IMO. No white or black tribes necessary. Local tribes, neighborhood tribes, school group tribes, sports/extracurricular tribes, religious tribes and so on. All of these are well integrated where I live and it is working well.

There are some things predominantly one race or the other, churches for example. There are none that I know of that are exclusively one race. The other race is welcomed (even appreciated), but church music is an acquired taste and we don't seem to acquire other flavors of music so readily. There are whites that prefer black churches (mostly 20 to 30-somethings) and black people who prefer white churches (mostly 60+ and Catholics).

We identify with common interests and common ties more than skin color. We had a rocky time for a bit after Katrina, but the haters mostly moved back to NO, into BR or across the river. The rest seem to have acclimated well and are with the program.

Like politics, IMO, race relations is a local thing until you turn on the TV.
Here's the big picture problem from my perspective: (1) Race has (obviously) become politicized, and when that happens, all arguments get dumbed down to bumper-sticker level and no one wants to get in the weeds. We just want to keep stuff simple enough to fit on a sign. Well, that approach ain't gonna work here. (2) There are too many people who have a vested professional interest in keeping us angry and divided - I'm call them the Division Pimps - and their flocks are all too happy to dance to their tune.

Look at his thread. Accusations and insults, accusations and insults. This is what they want, and it's clearly working.

mac, I'm still not sure how heavily armed Nazi's screaming "blood and soil" and "jews won't replace us" and a president who thinks some Nazis are "fine people" isn't political.

The nazis were not and are not the only people who didn't want the statues down.

And a reasonable person would realize that Trump was NOT referring to the Nazis screaming "blood and soil" when he made his comment.

it's so cute how you defend Nazis.

if you're in a protest.... and the people around you are armed to the teeth and wearing swastikas and shrieking "blood and soil" and "jews won't replace us".... you get the hell out of there or you're a Nazi.

but it's adorable seeing how trumptards try to justify hate.

which, btw, doesn't even go into the fact that there shouldn't be monuments to treasonous losers who fought a war to own people....

Nothing I said, defended nazis,. That was you being a vile liar.

Your hard line against people who lose and were forgiven and accepted back into American society many generations before you were born, is just you being a drama queen.

Lying and ridicule is all these regressives have.

If they had used any intellect or reason to arrive at their political positions, they would be using that, instead.

but he never did.

I don't need to "think of anything like that that has actually happened", nor would it be any kind of productive, since that's not how the world works.

Some random group of people does not simply transform themselves collectively into The Borg just because you can't treat them as individuals with free will. That's your issue, not theirs.

The discrepancy between what I wrote and what you read, led to your post not making any sense relevant to my post.

Forum List

Back