A very serious thread about race relations

Is there anyone here, or does anyone here know of anyone, who wants to see race relations improve?

No, I don't mean "beat" the other "side". No, I don't mean punishing the other side for their opinions. No, I'm not talking about the political angles, particularly pointing the finger and blaming the other guy.

I mean, is anyone aware of anyone whose top priority is better, more open, more positive, more civil, more constructive, more fruitful human relationships between the races?

Dead serious question. Examples would be great. Links would be great.
I am the author of a new book called The Paulk Perspective: A Whole New World of Hope and Understanding," which does exactly what you said. I also blog and use my FB page for discussions of racism and race relations. Would be glad to have you find me.

Criticism of black individuals isn't racist.
Criticism of black individuals isn't necessarily racist.

Criticism of the black community might not be meant as racist, but it does not help anyone.
Criticism of the black community might not be meant as racist, but it does not necessarily help anyone unless it offers helpful solutions.

If someone identifies with a group, and that group is criticized en masse, they are going to be defensive.
If someone identifies with a group, and that group is criticized en masse, they are going to be defensive unless that person has no preference for an outcome.

As a woman, if I hear, "Women have a real problem with......" I am not going to take it kindly.
As a woman, if I hear, "Women have a real problem with......" I am not going to take it kindly unless I have no preference for an outcome.

You don't have to feel respect for a person, but everyone you encounter should be treated with a minimum standard of decency. Respect is part of that.
100%

If you want to help a community, do it from within. Get to know individuals. Behavior is best addressed one on one.
100%. It is called the principle of subsidiarity and it goes back to the days of Moses.

Criticizing a whole race of people from as far away as possible doesn't do any good.
Criticizing a whole race of people from as far away as possible doesn't necessarily do any good unless it is intended to discuss a specific issue for the express purpose of objectively framing the problem so that growth filled communities can explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth.

vociferously criticizing from far away doesn't work.
vociferously criticizing from far away doesn't work unless it is intended to discuss a specific issue for the express purpose of objectively framing the problem so that growth filled communities can explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth.

Criticism of entire groups backfires spectacularly, anyway. Those who take criticism to heart will get defensive because they are probably part of that group that doesn't show that behavior, and yet they're being "targeted." The members of the group who need the criticism won't hear it.
That would be their choice to make. Unless of course they were part of a growth filled community trying to explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth. In that case they wouldn't choose to become offended.

The one doing the criticizing shows themselves as capable of wielding a really large brush.
Unless it was being said to discuss a specific issue for the express purpose of objectively framing the problem so that growth filled communities can explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth.

If someone said to me, "Women are vain," I will get defensive, as a woman who isn't vain, but now feels the weight of an accusation leveled against my whole gender. Especially if charges of vanity are used to pay me less, take me less seriously, and generally marginalize me.
That would be your choice to make.

Is there anyone here, or does anyone here know of anyone, who wants to see race relations improve?

No, I don't mean "beat" the other "side". No, I don't mean punishing the other side for their opinions. No, I'm not talking about the political angles, particularly pointing the finger and blaming the other guy.

I mean, is anyone aware of anyone whose top priority is better, more open, more positive, more civil, more constructive, more fruitful human relationships between the races?

I DON'T support a multicultural America. One side will always struggle for dominance.

I DON'T support a multicultural America. One side will always struggle for dominance.
America has essentially always been multi-cultural, the difference in recent years is that there have been forces on the Left who have leveraged it for political gain, putting great effort into dividing us into little competing oppressed grievance groups. Most people wouldn't give a shit about most of this stuff otherwise.

I think criticism is taken best when it comes from closer to home. Which is why I agree with your statement that groups clean their own houses first.
100%

Recognizing that even in-house criticism can only do so much.
There will always be a distribution. Success is not measured by exceptions.

If you use secondary sources, they need to be trustworthy. Now there are sources that actively lie and distort.
I doubt there is a source I could provide that would ever meet your criteria of acceptance. I've seen it too many times. Your native state is to be defensive. Was that a helpful criticism or a hurtful criticism of an individual?

Single parents (not just moms) need support, not ostracism. Not that you ostracized any yourself, but the stats about crime, drug use, poverty, etc, is sometimes used to target single moms (especially single black moms) to blame them for being single, and causing those social ills. As if they don't have enough problems.
100%. But issues should not be swept under rugs. They should be explored.

Yes, a two-parent family is best. People should be taught that.
Yes, a two-parent family with a virtuous male and female role model is best.

You do know that there are single parents whose children do NOT succumb to crime, drugs, and poverty, right? Those single-parent families are going to get defensive, recognizing that no one factor is a guarantee of success or failure.
100%

Is it always best to have a two-parent home when one is abusive? Is a two-parent home best when both are miserable with each other?
No. A two-parent family with a virtuous male and female role model is best but other models work too, but the rule or standard is a two-parent family with a virtuous male and female role model

Education is about more than propagandizing the American dream.
You can thank John Dewey for that.

Honest conversations need to be had, more than prescribing how people behave. Meaning that, with all other things being equal, a two-parent home works better because it is easier to raise a child with a committed partner. Because there's someone else to pick up the slack. Because you have another pair of ears and eyes and another person's judgment for the tough problems.
100%. And children need virtuous male and female role models. Mothers and fathers each bring a unique perspective to the table.

And yes, I have seen liberals call out black people for their racism. I've seen black liberals call out other black people for racism. It happens.
Is it the rule or the exception?

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the black and white races -- that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making VOTERS or jurors of negroes, NOR OF QUALIFYING THEM HOLD OFFICE, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any of her man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race." -- Abraham Lincoln

I do not think many black people are looking for improved race relations. I think we are simply looking to be RESPECTED, which blacks have never been in this country. From respect comes improved relationships.
I can see that, that's close enough. The question will be how much it's going to take. Most likely a person thing, I suspect.

The problem is that there are so many working so hard to keep everyone angry, that's working against all of us.

I understand what you're saying. but being quiet in the face of bigotry isn't what's necessary.

and standing up to bigots isn't exacerbating the problem.

the right's inexplicable defense of the bigots is what is exacerbating the problem. if everyone stood up to the scum, they'd crawl back into their holes......which is where they lived until a political candidate/now president enabled them.

the difference is, in the old days, the orange one would have been marginalized like George Wallace was. apparently after eight years of a black president, the hate-filled pond scum feel enabled by this guy. and don't say no, there is a reason david duke a) reminded trump who made him president' and b) thanked him.

YOur words shut down any possibility of common ground between us.

And is greatly insulting to us.

AND, denies us ANY right to have our interests represented or addressed.

"Us"? Are you an appointed spokesperson for a particular group? Or are you just ignorant and arrogant enough to assume that you are?

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the black and white races -- that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making VOTERS or jurors of negroes, NOR OF QUALIFYING THEM HOLD OFFICE, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any of her man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race." -- Abraham Lincoln

Thanks posting. Far too many accounts of Lincoln romanticize him as being a supporter of abolisionists, and actually having a humanitarian view of black people during his administration.

I think that the answer to the OP's question is: YES, there are millions and millions of people of all ethnicities who improve ethnic relations every day.
I am referring to the ordinary person who goes about his/her daily life interacting with other ethnicities in a civil manner.
They may not necessarily love the population profile of the United States (a nation once described as "a daily miracle"), but they know that they must accept reality and do the best that they can under the circumstances.

Paradoxically (I hope that I have used the correct adverb), as the Caucasian majority loses its majority status by the middle of this century, it will be more important than ever that the emerging diverse majority of African Americans, Asian Americans, Caucasians, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans work even harder to ensure domestic harmony.

Thanks posting. Far too many accounts of Lincoln romanticize him as being a supporter of abolisionists, and actually having a humanitarian view of black people during his administration.

"Rochester N.Y. August 17, 1865.

Mrs. Abraham Lincoln:

Dear Madam: Allow me to thank you, as I certainly do thank you most sincerely for your thoughtful kindness in making me the owner of a cane which was formerly the property and the favorite walking staff of your late lamented husband the honored and venerated President of the United States.

I assure you, that this inestimable meumento of his Excellency will be retained in my possession while I live - an object of sacred interest - a token not merely of the kind the consideration in which I have reason to know that the President was pleased to hold me his personally, but of as an indication of... his humane ...interest welfare of my whole race.

With every proper sentiment of Respect and Esteem

I am, Dear Madam, your Obedt Servt.

Frederick Douglas"

Frederick Douglass Thanks Mary Todd Lincoln for Abraham Lincoln's Walking Stick

Mrs. Abraham Lincoln:

Dear Madam: Allow me to thank you, as I certainly do thank you most sincerely for your thoughtful kindness in making me the owner of a cane which was formerly the property and the favorite walking staff of your late lamented husband the honored and venerated President of the United States.

I assure you, that this inestimable meumento of his Excellency will be retained in my possession while I live - an object of sacred interest - a token not merely of the kind the consideration in which I have reason to know that the President was pleased to hold me his personally, but of as an indication of... his humane ...interest welfare of my whole race.

Frederick Douglas"

Obviously Frederick Douglass was unaware of Lincolns positions on slavery.

Abraham Lincoln and the Corwin Amendment

I know some individuals, but as long as we have a media that magnifies differences instead of encouraging commonalities, race relations will only deteriorate.

When an authoritarian brand of identity politics replaced liberalism as the guiding principle of the left, the die was cast. Liberalism encourages a color-blind society while this new leftist authoritarianism is all about color.
I'm afraid you've got some major illusions here my old friend.
The media doesn't Magnify the differences, it hides the differences.

ie, when liberal CNN want's to discuss Race/Racism/Race-and-Crime, it's about the fact Blacks/etc are stopped 2-3 times as much.
NEVER will you hear the simple fact that Blacks have 5-8 TIMES the Whiter Murder and Robbery rates.
Don Lemon are you listening?
So the absurd/obscene conclusion always is 'whites/society is racist.'

If one were to watch the most pervasive crime show on TV/media, Law and Order, one would think 95% of the Murder Perps are White!
In fact, in NYC, where it's shot/that it portrays, 95% are NON-White.
89% of all Crime in NYC Nonwhite

Then there's "prejudice" in the workplace/hiring.
Nonsense.
Virtually every sizable firm is desperate to hire qualified blacks.
Like all better colleges, they practice Affirmative Action at a cost to Asians/whites in the name of the liberal idea 'diversity'.

Does anyone care the NBA/other sports is WAY over-weighted Black?
No.
But they do care/Call it "Racism", that Wall St/Silicon Valley/Corps/etc are overweight Asians/Whites.

There's a single topic within Races' relative advantages/disadvantages that is Taboo.
And it's taboo Because it's Troo.
Innate IQ.
The Country, and rest of the globe, only make sense if one acknowledges it. (instead of 10,000 excuses)
This topic cannot be touched/mentioned.​

So any 'imbalance' is attributed to 'Racism' instead.
And the biggest problem in this IS the Liberal and Leftist media, and even those PC on the right who will not allow/dare to speak the truth lest they get instantly fired.

But again, from NY, to Mali, to Tokyo, the world only makes sense acknowledging the IQ difference.
The world's biggest no-go topic.

We cannot get rid of (or explain) Racism without acknowledging a 'Racist' FACT.
!

It's only getting worse in the tech age because Brains mean more than 50 years ago, when an assembly line Union job at GM was the great equalizer.
No more.
There's an increasingly cognitive job market every year, and not all groups are equipped equally.
So the inevitable inequality, and PERCEIVED 'racism' is increasing.
But it's just the world playing out.
The world the cognitively more gifted created.

Perceived "Racism" exists because one can't mention One ostensibly "Racist" fact.
Catch 22.
-

Last edited:
I know some individuals, but as long as we have a media that magnifies differences instead of encouraging commonalities, race relations will only deteriorate.

When an authoritarian brand of identity politics replaced liberalism as the guiding principle of the left, the die was cast. Liberalism encourages a color-blind society while this new leftist authoritarianism is all about color.
I'm afraid you've got some major illusions here my old friend.
The media doesn't Magnify the differences, it hides the differences.

ie, when liberal CNN want's to discuss Race/Racism/Race-and-Crime, it's about the fact Blacks/etc are stopped 2-3 times as much.
NEVER will you hear the simple fact that Blacks have 5-8 TIMES the Whiter Murder and Robbery rates.
Don Lemon are you listening?
So the absurd/obscene conclusion always is 'whites/society is racist.'

If one were to watch the most pervasive crime show on TV/media, Law and Order, one would think 95% of the Murder Perps are White!
In fact, in NYC, where it's shot/that it portrays, 95% are NON-White.
89% of all Crime in NYC Nonwhite

Then there's "prejudice" in the workplace/hiring.
Nonsense.
Virtually every sizable firm is desperate to hire qualified blacks.
Like all better colleges, they practice Affirmative Action at a cost to Asians/whites in the name of the liberal idea 'diversity'.

Does anyone care the NBA/other sports is WAY over-weighted Black?
No.
But they do care/Call it "Racism", that Wall St/Silicon Valley/Corps/etc are overweight Asians/Whites.

There's a single topic within Races' relative advantages/disadvantages that is Taboo.
And it's taboo Because it's Troo.
Innate IQ.
The Country, and rest of the globe, only make sense if one acknowledges it. (instead of 10,000 excuses)
This topic cannot be touched/mentioned.​

So any 'imbalance' is attributed to 'Racism' instead.
And the biggest problem in this IS the Liberal and Leftist media, and even those PC on the right who will not allow/dare to speak the truth lest they get instantly fired.

But again, from NY, to Mali, to Tokyo, the world only makes sense acknowledging the IQ difference.
The world's biggest no-go topic.

We cannot get rid of (or explain) Racism without acknowledging a 'Racist' FACT.
!

It's only getting worse in the tech age because Brains mean more than 50 years ago, when an assembly line Union job at GM was the great equalizer.
No more.
There's an increasingly cognitive job market every year, and not all groups are equipped equally.
So the inevitable inequality, and PERCEIVED 'racism' is increasing.
But it's just the world playing out.
The world the cognitively more gifted created.

Perceived "Racism" exists because one can't mention One ostensibly "Racist" fact.
Catch 22.
-

This quoted post is ignorant. To bring up sports shows how stupid the individual is and how not serious he or she is to actually have a discussion on race relations. In sports you have to actually perform the duties of the job to show you can do the job up to the expectations of the boss before you get hired. You do not get picked based on how you write some words on a piece of paper then get interviewed and without the boss knowing if you can actually do the job you are hired.

And even if we take this dumb argument on it's merits, the person in talking about sports is only basically talking about 2. Hockey baseball, golf, tennis ad plenty of other sports are predominantly white. So one must question the mental capacity of anyone trying to use a comparison to sports in to make the claims in the quoted passage above.

Mrs. Abraham Lincoln:

Frederick Douglas"

Obviously Frederick Douglass was unaware of Lincolns positions on slavery.

Abraham Lincoln and the Corwin Amendment

Frederick Douglas was in a position during that era to have to grovel for the least little scrap of being acknowledged as even being human.

In the position of being a so called "Black Leader" during that era, he had to kiss some ass just to stay alive.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

I do not think many black people are looking for improved race relations. I think we are simply looking to be RESPECTED, which blacks have never been in this country. From respect comes improved relationships.
I can see that, that's close enough. The question will be how much it's going to take. Most likely a person thing, I suspect.

The problem is that there are so many working so hard to keep everyone angry, that's working against all of us.

I understand what you're saying. but being quiet in the face of bigotry isn't what's necessary.

the right's inexplicable defense of the bigots is what is exacerbating the problem. if everyone stood up to the scum, they'd crawl back into their holes......which is where they lived until a political candidate/now president enabled them.

the difference is, in the old days, the orange one would have been marginalized like George Wallace was. apparently after eight years of a black president, the hate-filled pond scum feel enabled by this guy. and don't say no, there is a reason david duke a) reminded trump who made him president' and b) thanked him.

"Us"? Are you an appointed spokesperson for a particular group? Or are you just ignorant and arrogant enough to assume that you are?

Considering how vile and false Jilian's accusation against us was, I do feel comfortable speaking for us, "right" as a group.

My point stands.

Her words, her lies, are the problem.

Considering how vile and false Jilian's accusation against us was, I do feel comfortable speaking for us, "right" as a group.

My point stands.

Whether your "point" stand or not, depends on who reads it or even cares what you have to say.

The "accuracy" of her post is a matter of opinion.

What the REAL problem appears to be is that her post hurt the feelings of certain people on the "right"....maybe because the truth sometimes hurts.

My point stands.

I said nothing false. I said things you don't like.

what deference should be given to people who think they are entitled to superiority over women and people of color and anyone who isn't Christian?

the answer is none....

My point stands.

Whether your "point" stand or not, depends on who reads it or even cares what you have to say.

What the REAL problem appears to be is that her post hurt the feelings of certain people on the "right"....maybe because the truth sometimes hurts.

No, it's pretty clear to anyone not a piece of shit liar, that the problem is that she spews shit out of her mouth.

She is a race baiting piece of shit, like most liberals.

My point stands.

I said nothing false. I said things you don't like.

what deference should be given to people who think they are entitled to superiority over women and people of color and anyone who isn't Christian?

the answer is none....

A better question, a far more timely question, is what should we do with people who falsely accuse people of shit, over and over again.

Especially when they are mostly vile piece of shit cowards who never do it to someone's face.

This thread was started by a liberal, who asked if anyone actually wants to see race relations improve.

I do.

YOu obviously do not, or you would not spend so much time and energy working to spread lies and hatred.

Also, fuck you, you piece of shit.

My point stands.

No, it's pretty clear to anyone not a piece of shit liar, that the problem is that she spews shit out of her mouth.

She is a race baiting piece of shit, like most liberals.

The only race baiter here is you. Really. You believe in this lie of anti white discrimination and you are trying to push this lie.

Forum List

Back