A shameful week for America's liberal elites. The top 10 most ridiculous liberal atta

Oh it's not whining dear, it's NOT going to sit here and turn the other cheek this time while you all LIBEL and SLANDER OTHERS.

You will be HELD RESPONSIBLE. We will make sure of that.

Classic SOB Story

Citizens are dead in the street and all the Conservatives care about is whining about how they are the REAL Victims here

Breaks my heart Steph.........breaks my heart

. Paul Krugman, The New York Times, January 9, 2011
it’s the saturation of our political discourse — and especially our airwaves — with eliminationist rhetoric that lies behind the rising tide of violence.
Where’s that toxic rhetoric coming from? Let’s not make a false pretense of balance: it’s coming, overwhelmingly, from the right. It’s hard to imagine a Democratic member of Congress urging constituents to be “armed and dangerous” without being ostracized; but Representative Michele Bachmann, who did just that, is a rising star in the G.O.P.
And there’s a huge contrast in the media. Listen to Rachel Maddow or Keith Olbermann, and you’ll hear a lot of caustic remarks and mockery aimed at Republicans. But you won’t hear jokes about shooting government officials or beheading a journalist at The Washington Post. Listen to Glenn Beck or Bill O’Reilly, and you will.

… So will the Arizona massacre make our discourse less toxic? It’s really up to G.O.P. leaders. Will they accept the reality of what’s happening to America, and take a stand against eliminationist rhetoric? Or will they try to dismiss the massacre as the mere act of a deranged individual, and go on as before? If Arizona promotes some real soul-searching, it could prove a turning point. If it doesn’t, Saturday’s atrocity will be just the beginning.​

Interesting point.... the Telegraph employs quite strict journalistic standards on its bloggers. Nice list. I laughed at the shit from Jane Fonda. I had not heard that shit before. She's an ass.

SNIFF Tuna fish...................... What proof do you have that the "Telegraph employs quite strict journalistic standards on its bloggers?"

About as much proof as you liberals have that Sarah Palin caused the shooting.

I just love how the horrific Tucson shootings have now become about how rightwingers were called names.

Talk about shameless victimization from the right? Can you guys possiblu be bigger drama queens?

Its not about Giffords, its not about a dead 9 year old and five other victims

Its all about poor Sarah Palin and her right wing counterparts being the victims

It isn't about names, it's about being falsely accused of complicity in murder for no other reason than to vilify your foes. And then there's the whole hypocrisy issue from a bunch who spent eight years spewing the most venomous rhetoric and calling for the outright murder of a U.S. President.

So, if you want to wallow in your simplistic little world of "it's all about name calling" while simultaneously calling people names, have at it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I just love how the horrific Tucson shootings have now become about how rightwingers were called names.

Talk about shameless victimization from the right? Can you guys possiblu be bigger drama queens?

Its all about poor Sarah Palin and her right wing counterparts being the victims

It isn't about names, it's about being falsely accused of complicity in murder for no other reason than to vilify your foes. And then there's the whole hypocrisy issue from a bunch who spent eight years spewing the most venomous rhetoric and calling for the outright murder of a U.S. President.

So, if you want to wallow in your simplistic little world of "it's all about name calling" while simultaneously calling people names, have at it.

Poor little children....

People are dead and crippled and the story from our right wing conservatives is how THEY are the victims

Pathetic...simply PATHETIC

Michael Daly, The New York Daily News, January 9, 2011
But anyone with any sense at all knows that violent language can incite actual violence, that metaphor can incite murder. At the very least, Palin added to a climate of violence.
And, now that Palin may have the blood of more than some poor caribou on her hands, I wonder if she will continue putting people in cross hairs and calling on folks to RELOAD!​

This piece is fair and well put.

"But that sidesteps the issue. This isn’t about angry blog posts or verbal fisticuffs. Since Obama’s ascension, we’ve seen repeated incidents of political violence. Just a short list would include the 2009 killing of three Pittsburgh police officers by a neo-Nazi Obama-hater; last year’s murder-suicide kamikaze attack on an I.R.S. office in Austin, Tex.; and the California police shootout with an assailant plotting to attack an obscure liberal foundation obsessively vilified by Beck." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/opinion/16rich.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general

And this is telling.

"Last week a conservative presidential candidate, Tim Pawlenty, timidly said it wouldn’t be his “style” to use Palin’s target map, but was savaged so viciously by his own camp that he immediately retreated. A senior Republican senator told Politico that he saw the Tucson bloodbath as a “cautionary tale” for his party, yet refused to be named." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/opinion/16rich.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general

I think all ten articles/comments quoted were over the line, except that I agree with #3.

3. Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, Press Conference, Tucson, January 8, 2011
When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous. And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry.

So, you agree that a US Law Officer should, in an official media conference, to brief the media on updates in the investigation - should go ahead and blame the incident on a specific group - with absolutely no actual evidence to back that up? You think that a police officer should name Rush Limbaugh as being responsible for the shooting? You think it is ok to mix fact and opinion from a police spokesperson?

Really?

You might agree with the sentiments. But what you are saying is that you think it's ok for him to have come from this particular source. Personally, I find that worrisome.

Last edited:
I think all ten articles/comments quoted were over the line, except that I agree with #3.

3. Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, Press Conference, Tucson, January 8, 2011
When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous. And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry.

So, you agree that a US Law Officer should, in an official media conference, to brief the media on updates in the investigation - should go ahead and blame the incident on a specific group - with absolutely no actual evidence to back that up? You think that a police officer should name Rush Limbaugh as being responsible for the shooting? You think it is ok to mix fact and opinion from a police spokesperson?

Really?

You might agree with the sentiments. But what you are saying is that you think it's ok for him to have come from this particular source. Personally, I find that worrisome.

In that paragraph, he's not blaming a group and not naming Rush Limbaugh. I agree with that paragraph.

And let's not forget, Sheriffs are Elected. They are political. It's not some pius position.

(Sarcasm)

It is nice to see that the Left and Right have kissed and made up, isn't it folks!!:tongue:

If you want people to get along and agree on everything wait for Jesus to come back and end all war, physical and verbal, forever.

Until then, the function of the Representative Republic is to verbally fight and debate over issues.

The day everyone in Washington agrees on everything is the day this country becomes a totalitarian dictatorship.

Until then, cries from the left to "tone down rhetoric" are simply cries for the disagreements to cease so they CAN have the totalitarian regime they dream of.

Starting tomorrow,a new week.We will have had a weekend for everyone to get about doing normal everyday stuff.

Let's see the direction the Left media goes.I point out MSNBC in particular because of their hatred for Sarah Palin.What will the focus be.Will they start with the upcoming state of the Union speech.
Will they finally start to give the President a little heat for the high unemployment 2 years into his Presidency.I doubt it.But I will hold off now on where I believe they will go.Let's see.

We have food and energy prices going up, but not a peep hardly about it out of the liberal media?

Why? The buzz from the Whitehouse on down is to keep hammering Palin.

That alone proves, Palin is the person (in this country) that Obama and the left, fear most.

The left turned them into a bunch of whiny little girls. How many were arrested? How many served time?

What?

Their feelings were hurt? Right wing talk radio and FoxNews spend more time whining about how their dignity was besmirched than about the fact that 6 Americans lost their lives

They are an embarassment

Naturally, because we all know had Gabrielle Giffords been a Republican and Rush Limbaugh and RedState started shooting off their mouths immediately accusing left wing talking heads like Keith Olbermann of being responsible for the tragedy because of his rhetoric you'd all just sit there and shut up and not push back, right?

Don't be such a tool.

The whole thing became political right out of the door because of dishonest and tactless people in the media and everybody should be offended by it.

No

Everyone should be offended that a United States Congresswoman was shot in the streets of America while doing her job.

That is the story, not that a bunch of whiny Conservatives had their feelings hurt

Unlike yourself, WE do have the capacity to be offended by both at the same time. You don't want the right to fight back? then don't start a frickin war.

Oh it's not whining dear, it's NOT going to sit here and turn the other cheek this time while you all LIBEL and SLANDER OTHERS.

Exactly!

They did their week load of smear and now they want us to shut up and not fight back or hold them responsibible for their actions.

;)

The left was waiting for an excuse. Fact is Hollywood and television is more to blame for a pervasive aura of violence in America then anything. Too much gun violence in there movies. I can't count how many films staring well known passivists Angelina Jolie, simply blaze away with twin guns in every other scene. Automatically blaming the right for gun violence has proven to be fallacious in almost every case. The shooter almost invariably has turned out to be ether an angry college student or a Muslim on a Jihad.

Last edited:

Really?

Where in Sheriff Dupniks quote does he mention Republicans? Where does he mention Conservatives?

Why is it when anti-government speech, vitriol , anger ,hatred and bigotry is mentioned that the right wing assumes it is about them?

Last edited:

Really?

In that paragraph, he's not blaming a group and not naming Rush Limbaugh. I agree with that paragraph.

And let's not forget, Sheriffs are Elected. They are political. It's not some pius position.

True, he is political, a democrat, he stood up before god and everybody and before the facts were in and accused the Right Wing Rhetoric for the shooting of the congresswoman. The only decent thing to do now is to apologize for his stupidity or pay a political price for his political move.

Actually, it's about the media publishing accusations with no basis in fact. But don't let the facts get in the way of more total fucking bullshit.

Facts? What facts? All I hear is opinion. The right's opinion Loughner is "nuts" and was not influenced by anyone or anything but for marijuana; the left's opinion that Laughner is "nuts" and was influenced by the the angry rhetoric from the right.

There is one fact however. Both the right and left agree Laughner is mentally ill. The fact is, if both the left and right are correct a mentally ill/unstable man was able to buy a firearm, legally carry a firearm, purchase a couple of large capacity magazines and kill six human beings.
Isn't that the real issue here?

Actually, the issue is how the Pima County Sheriff, Sherriff Dipstick, er I mean Dupnik, knew about this guy, had a file on this guy, and did nothing about him.

He started this entire "blame conservatives for this tragedy" to cover up for the incompetence of his own department.

That's why he won't release the files he has on the guy.

Exactly!

They did their week load of smear and now they want us to shut up and not fight back or hold them responsibible for their actions.

;)

The left was waiting for an excuse. Fact is Hollywood and television is more to blame for a pervasive aura of violence in America then anything. Too much gun violence in there movies. I can't count how many films staring well known passivists Angelina Jolie, simply blaze away with twin guns in every other scene. Automatically blaming the right for gun violence has proven to be fallacious in almost every case. The shooter almost invariably has turned out to be ether an angry college student or a Muslim on a Jihad.

You're by proxy saying here that you think people can be incited to violence, though. Just be sure to remember your position when it's politically inconvenient. Just saying, man.

Forum List

Back