A shameful week for America's liberal elites. The top 10 most ridiculous liberal atta

3. Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, Press Conference, Tucson, January 8, 2011
When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous. And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry.

So, you agree that a US Law Officer should, in an official media conference, to brief the media on updates in the investigation - should go ahead and blame the incident on a specific group - with absolutely no actual evidence to back that up? You think that a police officer should name Rush Limbaugh as being responsible for the shooting? You think it is ok to mix fact and opinion from a police spokesperson?

Really?

You might agree with the sentiments. But what you are saying is that you think it's ok for him to have come from this particular source. Personally, I find that worrisome.

In that paragraph, he's not blaming a group and not naming Rush Limbaugh. I agree with that paragraph.

And let's not forget, Sheriffs are Elected. They are political. It's not some pius position.

True, he is political, a democrat, he stood up before god and everybody and before the facts were in and accused the Right Wing Rhetoric for the shooting of the congresswoman. The only decent thing to do now is to apologize for his stupidity or pay a political price for his political move.

I can agree with this, and he did go on to blame specifics, but in this paragraph quoted I agree with his statements 100%.

I just love how the horrific Tucson shootings have now become about how rightwingers were called names.

Talk about shameless victimization from the right? Can you guys possiblu be bigger drama queens?

Its not about Giffords, its not about a dead 9 year old and five other victims

Its all about poor Sarah Palin and her right wing counterparts being the victims

The left made them the victims when they started accusing them, purely for political gain, of having connections to this slaughter, when they knew fully well that they didn't. So if you're upset that the focus has shifted off the real tragedy, well, you have only yourselves to blame.

The left turned them into a bunch of whiny little girls. How many were arrested? How many served time?

What?

Their feelings were hurt? Right wing talk radio and FoxNews spend more time whining about how their dignity was besmirched than about the fact that 6 Americans lost their lives

They are an embarassment

George Packer, The New Yorker, January 10, 2011
But it won’t do to dig up stray comments by Obama, Allen Grayson, or any other Democrat who used metaphors of combat over the past few years, and then try to claim some balance of responsibility in the implied violence of current American politics. (Most of the Obama quotes that appear in the comments were lame attempts to reassure his base that he can get mad and fight back, i.e., signs that he’s practically incapable of personal aggression in politics.)

In fact, there is no balance—none whatsoever. Only one side has made the rhetoric of armed revolt against an oppressive tyranny the guiding spirit of its grassroots movement and its midterm campaign. Only one side routinely invokes the Second Amendment as a form of swagger and intimidation, not-so-coyly conflating rights with threats.

Only one side’s activists bring guns to democratic political gatherings. Only one side has a popular national TV host who uses his platform to indoctrinate viewers in the conviction that the President is an alien, totalitarian menace to the country. Only one side fills the AM waves with rage and incendiary falsehoods. Only one side has an iconic leader, with a devoted grassroots following, who can’t stop using violent imagery and dividing her countrymen into us and them, real and fake. Any sentient American knows which side that is; to argue otherwise is disingenuous.​

The left turned them into a bunch of whiny little girls. How many were arrested? How many served time?

What?

Their feelings were hurt? Right wing talk radio and FoxNews spend more time whining about how their dignity was besmirched than about the fact that 6 Americans lost their lives

They are an embarassment

Naturally, because we all know had Gabrielle Giffords been a Republican and Rush Limbaugh and RedState started shooting off their mouths immediately accusing left wing talking heads like Keith Olbermann of being responsible for the tragedy because of his rhetoric you'd all just sit there and shut up and not push back, right?

Don't be such a tool.

The whole thing became political right out of the door because of dishonest and tactless people in the media and everybody should be offended by it.

No

Everyone should be offended that a United States Congresswoman was shot in the streets of America while doing her job.

That is the story, not that a bunch of whiny Conservatives had their feelings hurt

Arizona Congressman Raul Grijalva, in an interview with The Huffington Post, January 8, 2011
“The climate has gotten so toxic in our political discourse, setting up for this kind of reaction for too long. It’s unfortunate to say that. I hate to say that,” Grijalva said in an interview with The Huffington Post. “If you’re an opponent, you’re a deadly enemy,” Grijalva said of the mindset among Arizona extremists. “Anybody who contributed to feeding this monster had better step back and realize they’re threatening our form of government.”

Grijalva said that Tea Party leader Sarah Palin should reflect on the rhetoric that she has employed. “She — as I mentioned, people contributing to this toxic climate — Ms. Palin needs to look at her own behavior, and if she wants to help the public discourse, the best thing she could do is to keep quiet.”​

Interesting point.... the Telegraph employs quite strict journalistic standards on its bloggers. Nice list. I laughed at the shit from Jane Fonda. I had not heard that shit before. She's an ass.

nile gardiner.

political hack.

"journalistic standards", hahah.

You just proved you don't know what 'journalistic standards' means. :lol::lol::lol:

please explain what journalistic standards are and why you posted about it.

and no deflecting to "secret sources".:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think all ten articles/comments quoted were over the line, except that I agree with #3.

3. Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, Press Conference, Tucson, January 8, 2011
When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous. And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry.

So, you agree that a US Law Officer should, in an official media conference, to brief the media on updates in the investigation - should go ahead and blame the incident on a specific group - with absolutely no actual evidence to back that up? You think that a police officer should name Rush Limbaugh as being responsible for the shooting? You think it is ok to mix fact and opinion from a police spokesperson?

Really?

You might agree with the sentiments. But what you are saying is that you think it's ok for him to have come from this particular source. Personally, I find that worrisome.

Where in Sheriff Dupniks quote does he mention Republicans? Where does he mention Conservatives?

Why is it when anti-government speech, vitriol , anger hatred and bigotry is mentioned that the right wing assumes it is about them?

For the record, he did go on to specifically mention Rush. But that is not the point. The point is that he voiced his opinion in a press conference. Press conferences by law enforcement are supposed to be to brief the media on factually accurate information to inform the public. They are NOT about giving a personal opinion.

I would have thought this was fucking obvious.

LOL, see how the left now want to sweep under the Rug all the shit they and the Lamestream media stirred up by ACCUSING the Republicans, Palins map, the Tea party, violent speech for having a hand in this shooting.

but they sure DID agree with them ALL WEEK. we have the threads here to PROVE IT.

Then Palin was an idiot for taking her map down right?

In that paragraph, he's not blaming a group and not naming Rush Limbaugh. I agree with that paragraph.

And let's not forget, Sheriffs are Elected. They are political. It's not some pius position.

True, he is political, a democrat, he stood up before god and everybody and before the facts were in and accused the Right Wing Rhetoric for the shooting of the congresswoman. The only decent thing to do now is to apologize for his stupidity or pay a political price for his political move.

I can agree with this, and he did go on to blame specifics, but in this paragraph quoted I agree with his statements 100%.

So to ask Mr. O'Reilly's question. If the poooodink knew the rhetoric was "hot down there" the enviornment was toxic, and that the Congresswoman had been threatened before why in the sam hill didn't he have the foresight to place some security around Mrs. Giffords. This sheriff is bad at politics and bad at his job.

nile gardiner.

political hack.

You just proved you don't know what 'journalistic standards' means. :lol::lol::lol:

I see you're returning to the bullshit about 'secret sources' again. I have never claimed 'secret sources'. I have stated that I access factually accurate information from sources that are not 'open', that means they are not accessible to the public. They are restricted to those 'in the industry'.... ie, those who make a living from producing fact based articles, etc. This is why I never bother with you. You're a whiner..... you're more interested in point scoring than discussion. I am not interested in that. And, since information regarding journalistic standards is freely available, I am not inclined to spoon feed fools. If I wanted to spoon feed a child, I would have a child. Go find out your own information. Whatever I say, you will dismiss anyway.

I have stuck a fork in you, you're done.

This piece is fair and well put.

"But that sidesteps the issue. This isn’t about angry blog posts or verbal fisticuffs. Since Obama’s ascension, we’ve seen repeated incidents of political violence. Just a short list would include the 2009 killing of three Pittsburgh police officers by a neo-Nazi Obama-hater; last year’s murder-suicide kamikaze attack on an I.R.S. office in Austin, Tex.; and the California police shootout with an assailant plotting to attack an obscure liberal foundation obsessively vilified by Beck." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/opinion/16rich.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general

And this is telling.

"Last week a conservative presidential candidate, Tim Pawlenty, timidly said it wouldn’t be his “style” to use Palin’s target map, but was savaged so viciously by his own camp that he immediately retreated. A senior Republican senator told Politico that he saw the Tucson bloodbath as a “cautionary tale” for his party, yet refused to be named." http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/opinion/16rich.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general

How about it's fair to point out Obama said if they bring a knife we bring a gun?

That he called those who disagreed with him "bitter clingers."

That he said his followers should "punch back twice as hard."

That he told hispanics we should "punish our enemies."

Last edited by a moderator:

Really?

Where in Sheriff Dupniks quote does he mention Republicans? Where does he mention Conservatives?

Why is it when anti-government speech, vitriol , anger hatred and bigotry is mentioned that the right wing assumes it is about them?

For the record, he did go on to specifically mention Rush. But that is not the point. The point is that he voiced his opinion in a press conference. Press conferences by law enforcement are supposed to be to brief the media on factually accurate information to inform the public. They are NOT about giving a personal opinion.

I would have thought this was fucking obvious.

He was asked about Rush after Rush had attacked him.

He did not state opinion. What he stated was factually correct. He stated a possible motive which is within his responsibilities. He knows his community better than anyone. He held a mirror up to the state of political affairs and it was not pretty. That is why the right wing attacked him so viciously

I see you're returning to the bullshit about 'secret sources' again. I have never claimed 'secret sources'. I have stated that I access factually accurate information from sources that are not 'open', that means they are not accessible to the public. They are restricted to those 'in the industry'.... ie, those who make a living from producing fact based articles, etc. This is why I never bother with you. You're a whiner..... you're more interested in point scoring than discussion. I am not interested in that. And, since information regarding journalistic standards is freely available, I am not inclined to spoon feed fools. If I wanted to spoon feed a child, I would have a child. Go find out your own information. Whatever I say, you will dismiss anyway.

I have stuck a fork in you, you're done.

you are a predictable phony prissy punk.

deflects as predicted, whines, claims win.

you posted your bullshit about "journalistic standards" why?

Interesting point.... the Telegraph employs quite strict journalistic standards on its bloggers. Nice list. I laughed at the shit from Jane Fonda. I had not heard that shit before. She's an ass.

nile gardiner.

political hack.

Liberals deflecting away from the actual quotes of liberals blaming conservatives and CG falling for it?

NO way!

You fell for it CG. I saw it a mile away.

So to ask Mr. O'Reilly's question. If the poooodink knew the rhetoric was "hot down there" the enviornment was toxic, and that the Congresswoman had been threatened before why in the sam hill didn't he have the foresight to place some security around Mrs. Giffords. This sheriff is bad at politics and bad at his job.

I don't answer for the Sheriff's competence.

It's Journalistic Standards to bash a side of the Political spectrum with a no-holds-barred, unapologetic bias?

Yes, it is. What a journalist should no do (and this is where the standards apply).... is to lie, misrepresent facts, or provide opinion as fact. That's where this whole shit started. The liberal media lied. And when the right wing defends itself against those lies, we're told that "it's not about you, you're not the victims"..... The liberal media made the right wing the victims by accusing them of being accessories to a bloodbath. And it was not true. There is no evidence to back up that claim.

Would you not be outraged by Fox News if they had run with the 'left wing extremist' angle within an hour of the tragedy? Would you not be screaming blue murder about Fox lies? You would. You know that. I know that. So why do you hold the right to a different standard?

Naturally, because we all know had Gabrielle Giffords been a Republican and Rush Limbaugh and RedState started shooting off their mouths immediately accusing left wing talking heads like Keith Olbermann of being responsible for the tragedy because of his rhetoric you'd all just sit there and shut up and not push back, right?

Don't be such a tool.

The whole thing became political right out of the door because of dishonest and tactless people in the media and everybody should be offended by it.

No

Everyone should be offended that a United States Congresswoman was shot in the streets of America while doing her job.

That is the story, not that a bunch of whiny Conservatives had their feelings hurt

Unlike yourself, WE do have the capacity to be offended by both at the same time. You don't want the right to fight back? then don't start a frickin war.

That about sums it up, short and sweet!

I don't answer for the Sheriff's competence.

I rest my case.

nile gardiner.

political hack.

Liberals deflecting away from the actual quotes of liberals blaming conservatives and CG falling for it?

NO way!

You fell for it CG. I saw it a mile away.

If L.K is too stupid to understand journalistic standards, that ain't my problem. He's just makes himself look stupid. I'm ok with that.

I think all ten articles/comments quoted were over the line, except that I agree with #3.

Really?

Why is it when anti-government speech, vitriol , anger ,hatred and bigotry is mentioned that the right wing assumes it is about them?

AZ Sheriff Blames "Vitriol" From Palin On Rep. Giffords Shooting

RealClearPolitics - Video - AZ Sheriff Blames "Vitriol" From Palin On Rep. Giffords Shooting

Pima County Sheriff now blames Rush | The Right Scoop

You were saying???

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL, see how the left now want to sweep under the Rug all the shit they and the Lamestream media stirred up by ACCUSING the Republicans, Palins map, the Tea party, violent speech for having a hand in this shooting.

but they sure DID agree with them ALL WEEK. we have the threads here to PROVE IT.

Then Palin was an idiot for taking her map down right?
No. Why give all of the liars more ammo. She took it down, but I'm certain they'll find another angle of attack.
Using words and phrases, pictures of her holding a gun. Pictures the shooter never saw.
It doesn't take much for a dishonest person to build a case.

The only impediment is how far they are willing to take it.

Moby once said "If we can't find anything, we could always just make
shit up about them".

Forum List

Back