A revolt is growing as more people refuse to pay back student loans

I'll tell you what the problem is.

The problem is that these fraudulent crooks conned a bunch of kids out of a shit ton of money, and the crooks aren't in jail.

Well, how do you explain all of us who didn't get conned? I mean seriously, I borrowed some money, but I was judicious about it because I realized I was signing a loan document declaring I would pay it back.

Conned? Bullshit.
Dude. Have you been hanging around and reading this forum at all?

This board is chock full of gullible rubes who believe everything their political manipulators tell them!

Conned? ALL THE TIME!

I don't get conned by the hacks whose piss these retards drink. Does that exonerate the hacks in any way?

Nope.

Personally, I think student loans should be like a business loan... no solid plan? No loan. Sorry, you want a PhD in Post Bolshevik Vagina Studies? Pay for it yourself. Frankly, if these kids are that dumb, maybe college is a waste of time.

And Universities which push loans for worthless degrees are committing fraud. If a student defaults, the university should be on the hook for the money, not the taxpayers.

Absolutely.. Universities have been riding this endless tide of taxpayer backed loans.... thereby driving up tuition into the stratosphere.

I'll tell you what the problem is.

The problem is that these fraudulent crooks conned a bunch of kids out of a shit ton of money, and the crooks aren't in jail.

Well, how do you explain all of us who didn't get conned? I mean seriously, I borrowed some money, but I was judicious about it because I realized I was signing a loan document declaring I would pay it back.

Conned? Bullshit.

This board is chock full of gullible rubes who believe everything their political manipulators tell them!

Conned? ALL THE TIME!

I don't get conned by the hacks whose piss these retards drink. Does that exonerate the hacks in any way?

Nope.

Personally, I think student loans should be like a business loan... no solid plan? No loan. Sorry, you want a PhD in Post Bolshevik Vagina Studies? Pay for it yourself. Frankly, if these kids are that dumb, maybe college is a waste of time.

And Universities which push loans for worthless degrees are committing fraud. If a student defaults, the university should be on the hook for the money, not the taxpayers.

Absolutely.. Universities have been riding this endless tide of taxpayer backed loans.... thereby driving up tuition into the stratosphere.
Also the govt changed bankruptcy law so no one could get out of student debt, if they hit the rocks financially. It is a stupid artificial distinction, as for everything else people can declare bankruptcy.

Then, the goal seems to create millions of debt slaves and cash cows, not actually educate the public. Basically student loans are a government endorsed pyramid scheme, with only a small percentage ever getting a job from their debt.

Conned? Bullshit.

Conned? ALL THE TIME!

Nope.

Also the govt changed bankruptcy law so no one could get out of student debt, if they hit the rocks financially. It is a stupid artificial distinction, as for everything else people can declare bankruptcy.

Then, the goal seems to create millions of debt slaves and cash cows, not actually educate the public. Basically student loans are a government endorsed pyramid scheme, with only a small percentage ever getting a job from their debt.

True I suppose.. but, at the end of the day, we are masters of our domains. Nobody held a gun to these people's heads and made them borrow money.

Conned? Bullshit.

Conned? ALL THE TIME!

Nope.

Indeed. The Fed's plan is to have a whole bunch of Debt Slaves and Tax Serfs.

I earned my MEd working my way through it and paying it off

do I get some kind of rebate?

just askin'
You should sure. I say pay people back yearly with an extra check with their taxes OR if they OWE taxes they can choose to have their refund of what they paid towards college take care of it.
Why is that awesome? Do you pay taxes?
Because people should be getting educated for free...why is it that its that way k-12 but not k-college? College students should be worried about getting an education not worried about paying for next semester. Yes I pay taxes

No, people should not be getting a free college education. They shouldn't be getting a free K-12 education either. We can't all be doctors or financial analysts. We still need people to change the oil in our cars, fix our plumbing and build our houses.
There it is folks! A republican advocating child slave labor to get educated. Do we REALLY need any more proof republicans are ANTI EDUCATION?

Another stupid post, does this take practice or does it just flow from you?
Its the only response the stupidity that flows from your mouth deserves.

Nothing he posted proved Republicans are against education. You are nothing but an extreme nutter, who has seemed to blown an education.

Another fix which I hope this time works. I still say college cost too much and that cost could be easily reduced.
I am sincerely open to any ideas on how to reduce the cost of tuition. Fire away.

Why the Government Won t Let Colleges Reduce Tuition - AEI
That article is a supposition based on an anecdote. In other words, a fantasy.

No evidence is provided that private colleges would like to lower their tuitions but can't. He does not cite a single college official by name.

There should be no student loans at all. Maybe if enough people refuse to pay the whole program will be scrapped.

Then the idiots can demand new car loan forgiveness.

Didn't you hear? Obama gunna gib evey won a free ejukashun. 4 year community college that extends childhood to 30, and makes a bachelors as worthless as a high school diploma is now.

And here we see the usual "Problem? I see no problem!" GOP response to everything:

Everything a child needs to advance to college has been available to them and always was, except one thing, initiative, that they have to supply.

And now, a little dose of something I call REALITY:

35a12e9.png

Fox Butterfield, is that you? It completely bypasses your brain that the government colluding with Universities to foist loans on gullible students Drives Up The Price.
The argument was that everything a kid needs to go to college has always been there.

That is false. The price of college has been driven out of reach, forcing kids to take ever increasing loans.

If you want to introduce a separate argument as to why that is, you will probably find I am more in agreement with you than you think.

Step One: Put the crooks in jail. This will take away the incentive for other crooks to continue in their crooked ways.

Step Two: Stop blaming the victims of the crooks.

Step Three: Reform the college education process.

Step One will never happen as long as the rubes continue to blame the victims, and as long as our elected officials are bribed by the crooks to let them continue stealing.

I am still waiting for a viable and specific plan for Step Three. And part of that plan must include punishing crooks. You can't privatize something and then act all surprised when frauds completely take over the entire process because they are allowed to commit fraud without fear of retribution.

That's where the privatization advocates fell down on the job. Things don't magically sort themselves out and everyone acts on their best behavior when no one is watching.

Last edited:

First, the government has no obligation to protect people from bad decisions.

But it does have an obligation to protect people from crooks. And it failed.

Wrong again, there are many SCOTUS decisions stating that no government, at what ever level, has a duty to protect anyone from anything. These people have a civil case against the schools and their directors, nothing more.

Wrong again, there are many SCOTUS decisions stating the government, at what ever level, has a duty to protect anyone from anything. These people have a civil case against the schools and their directors, nothing more.
Please explain how a kid who is $100,000 in debt is supposed to take on a consortium of wealthy fraudulent corporations in court.

CFPB Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme

Today, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) sued for-profit college chain Corinthian Colleges, Inc. for its illegal predatory lending scheme. The Bureau alleges that Corinthian lured tens of thousands of students to take out private loans to cover expensive tuition costs by advertising bogus job prospects and career services. Corinthian then used illegal debt collection tactics to strong-arm students into paying back those loans while still in school. To protect current and past students of the Corinthian schools, the Bureau is seeking to halt these practices and is requesting the court to grant relief to the students who collectively have taken out more than $500 million in private student loans.

This is what happens when the "invisible hand" fails to act. Government takes over.

These douchebags screwed the pooch. You can thank them for government intervention.

Wrong again, there are many SCOTUS decisions stating the government, at what ever level, has a duty to protect anyone from anything. These people have a civil case against the schools and their directors, nothing more.
Please explain how someone who is $100,000 in debt is supposed to take on a consortium of wealthy fraudulent corporations in court.

I'm very sure there are lawyers lining up right now to file a class action against the schools.

Today, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) sued for-profit college chain Corinthian Colleges, Inc. for its illegal predatory lending scheme. The Bureau alleges that Corinthian lured tens of thousands of students to take out private loans to cover expensive tuition costs by advertising bogus job prospects and career services. Corinthian then used illegal debt collection tactics to strong-arm students into paying back those loans while still in school. To protect current and past students of the Corinthian schools, the Bureau is seeking to halt these practices and is requesting the court to grant relief to the students who collectively have taken out more than $500 million in private student loans.

This is what happens when the "invisible hand" fails to act. Government takes over.

These douchebags screwed the pooch. You can thank them for government intervention.

That might work if Corinthian underwrote the loans. If the loans were from a third party, then civil action is the only recourse.

You're kidding, right? The all-too-visible hand of government is what makes it possible for these vultures to run their scams. I have no sympathy for lenders who play these games, but the incentives and guarantees promoting education as a universal "good" - offered by government - are the engine. We'd be foolish to ignore that.

Government guaranteed the loans, morons. It's as much at fault as anyone.

Free HIGHER education, for those who qualify, would only make OUR country a better place. I think the OP is right, with ALL the darn taxes we have to pay, we should have better options for higher education. That would be a WONDERFUL idea. I just don't think it's viable because so many people cannot see the bigger picture. Hopefully some day, when our civilization has advanced past political bull crap, we can really look at this idea and employ it. It would help everyone and help our country too.

We have too many college graduates as it is. A college diploma has become the equivalent of what a high school diploma was in before WW II. spewing out more college graduates will only devalue the people who already have diplomas. There are only so many people who can work in white collar jobs. The world still needs auto mechanics and carpenters.

We also need colleges to stop skewing and controlling what kind of educations are being offered, open up more chairs for students to get a quality education.
Fifteen years ago, to become a Physical Therapist changed from a BS to an MS. Now it's a freaking PhD!
What has changed in the PT field where a Doctorate is required? Nothing.

Forum List

Back