A restaurant in Indiana

A restaurant opens up that only serves kosher food.
Are they discriminating against the Gentile?
Can I demand that they prepare me a meal that is non-kosher?
Or do they have religious freedom to deny me?

Depends.

Is it on the menu and they're refusing to serve only you?

This is a false equivalency. This Westboro hate crap is not a "christian" belief and its unconstitutional to disallow one group the freedoms all other groups are guaranteed.

Jesus is rolling in his grave.

QUOTE]
No, it's not a false equivalency. It's on the menu, I'm just asking for a non-kosher version of it.
Is that against their religious freedom?

P.S.
Try to remember, I'm an atheist

You can't really demand a non kosher version of a meal in a kosher restsurant. The meat will be kosher and that means slaughtered in accordance with kosher rules. The kitchen will be kosher meaning that meat and dairy are kept separate, including separate pots, pans and dishes. There will be separate dishwashers and separate stoves. Kosher isn't just a different way of spicing the meatballs. It's a method. A non kosher version means buying meat just for you and using someone else's kitchen.

A closer analogy would be if you wanted the deli to cater a baptismal and got told they only cater bar mitzvahs.
Guess what under current law a "baptismal" wouldn't have to cater to a bar mitzvah. Or were you ridiculing the original argument?

If a kosher deli had a sign up that said call us to cater your next event and your next event was a baptismal the deli must cater that event. Anything else is discrimination. If the deli had a sign up that said call us to cater your next bar mitzvah and someone called to cater a baptismal the deli would be within their rights to say we only cater bar mitzvahs.

Depends.

This is a false equivalency. This Westboro hate crap is not a "christian" belief and its unconstitutional to disallow one group the freedoms all other groups are guaranteed.

QUOTE]
No, it's not a false equivalency. It's on the menu, I'm just asking for a non-kosher version of it.

P.S.

You can't really demand a non kosher version of a meal in a kosher restsurant. The meat will be kosher and that means slaughtered in accordance with kosher rules. The kitchen will be kosher meaning that meat and dairy are kept separate, including separate pots, pans and dishes. There will be separate dishwashers and separate stoves. Kosher isn't just a different way of spicing the meatballs. It's a method. A non kosher version means buying meat just for you and using someone else's kitchen.

A closer analogy would be if you wanted the deli to cater a baptismal and got told they only cater bar mitzvahs.
Guess what under current law a "baptismal" wouldn't have to cater to a bar mitzvah. Or were you ridiculing the original argument?

If a kosher deli had a sign up that said call us to cater your next event and your next event was a baptismal the deli must cater that event. Anything else is discrimination. If the deli had a sign up that said call us to cater your next bar mitzvah and someone called to cater a baptismal the deli would be within their rights to say we only cater bar mitzvahs.

An offer to "cater your next event" isn't a commitment.

If they agreed to do it, THEN they'd be obliged to do it.

Depends.

QUOTE]

P.S.

I'm shocked people even need to ask that . I mean where did OUR FREEDOMS go in this country?

Sigh. Why is it so hard to understand? If a business wants to only serve blacks (lets use that as an example) then that is the businesses business. Not the governments business. The point of being in business is to MAKE MONEY. The business owner pays taxes. The business owner pays the rent. The business owner buys the goods wholesale. The business owner hires the employees. The business owner pays for insurance, etc etc etc. Now, if not enough blacks go in that business and it fails and closes, that is the businesses prob and nobody elses. FORCING them to serve hispanics (another example) might let them stay in business longer but then the business is no longer doing what the business planned. To MAKE MONEY. If they LOSE money, that's on the business. So what if an asian wants to purchase something? No? Ok. The asian goes next door to the competitor that serves all. They are making MONEY.
We cannot babysit or should babysit or pass laws that forces people to do something they don't want to do when THEY are paying FOR that business to succeed...or not.

I never understood why a woman would fight to get into an all male club, or a male would fight to get into an all woman club. Why go where you are not wanted or allowed? WHY? Go somewhere else!!! Geez.

When the two lesbians sued me, they also sued my business. That part of their suit was dismissed immediately. They wanted a portrait. They sued a pet grooming shop. The shop neither provided portraits nor employed anyone in the capacity of portrait artist. Therefore they were tresspassers.

When the two lesbians sued me, they also sued my business. That part of their suit was dismissed immediately. They wanted a portrait. They sued a pet grooming shop. The shop neither provided portraits nor employed anyone in the capacity of portrait artist. Therefore they were tresspassers.

yes but look at all the time and MONEY it cost you defending that nonsense.

THIS is the reasons we need these types of laws. It's not anyone discriminating against homosexuals. we need to be protected from their abuse of us

Depends.

QUOTE]

P.S.

Why wouldn't they want to cater any event? Hopefully the guests at the baptismal enjoy corned beef and matzo ball soup 'cause a kosher deli can't do shrimp.
:biggrin:

Exactly.

If a business (the dog groomer you work for) doesn't offer that particular service (pet portraits) then that service cannot be demanded by a customer.

If the business does offer that service, it must offer it equally to all.

DUH

Edited to add, unless you were peeking in their bedroom windows, the "lesbian" part is a bald face lie and you know it.

Last edited:
Depends.

QUOTE]

P.S.

Why wouldn't they want to cater any event? Hopefully the guests at the baptismal enjoy corned beef and matzo ball soup 'cause a kosher deli can't do shrimp.
:biggrin:

oh you...cracked me up

googled. stumbled on this.

The True Meaning of Separation of Church and State - Forbes

Just my opinion, but prayer cannot be done in schools but muslims can have a moment to kneel to the east. The ten commandments are offensive on public properties and are being removed. In God We Trust has been bandied about being taken off our currency.
Our freedoms are being taken away and others are replacing it. We are no longer tolerant of EACH OTHER and demand people conform..or else. Now laws are being passed and shit is hitting the fan. Gays want equality and safety when their loved one dies and they can't even be at the bedside or have a say in disbursement of good they both bought as lifetime partners but gays also DEMAND businesses conform to serving them when it is against their religion but that religion is now kaput since the new "in" thing to do is to destroy or remove all that this country was founded on and is slowly being replaced with other religions that fly in the face of the current ones.

Its all so fucking stupid and sickening. GIMMEE GIMMEE, NO YOU CAN'T NO YOU CAN'T, SUE SUE SUE, LAW LAW LAW, MINE MINE MINE, NO NO NO, RACIST RACIST RACIST, BIGOT BIGOT BIGOT.

Some rights are being blindly stomped on and nobody..and I mean NOBODY hears or sees what is going on. And its just going to get worse.

Its depressing.

That's really stupid. Homos are not denied service because they're homo. They're denied service that condones homo behavior because condoning homo behavior may not be kosher, so to speak.
Lefties have serious math and logic issues.

Yanno, I understand the scriptural issue between homosexuality and God but don't get the justification for one human to judge another in the matter. Aren't the holier-than-thous kinda stepping on God's business here?

Nobody should be forced to pander to groups they don't want to deal with. That is what freedom is all about. There is something really wrong here.

Nobody should be forced to pander to groups they don't want to deal with. That is what freedom is all about. There is something really wrong here.
Such a short reply and so on the mark. From now on, I'm just gonna wait for you to comment so I can click the Thank You button. :lol:

I want to go to a Muslim T-Shirt company and have this put on 10,000 of them so I can sell them to Jews and other folks that want to protest the murders in Paris. If they don't do it I'll fucken sue:

Charlie-Hebdo-Muhammad-insult.jpg

I want to go to a Muslim T-Shirt company and have this put on 10,000 of them so I can sell them to Jews and other folks that want to protest the murders in Paris. If they don't do it I'll fucken sue:

Charlie-Hebdo-Muhammad-insult.jpg

T-shirt companies have religions?

googled. stumbled on this.

The True Meaning of Separation of Church and State - Forbes

Just my opinion, but prayer cannot be done in schools but muslims can have a moment to kneel to the east. The ten commandments are offensive on public properties and are being removed. In God We Trust has been bandied about being taken off our currency.
Our freedoms are being taken away and others are replacing it. We are no longer tolerant of EACH OTHER and demand people conform..or else. Now laws are being passed and shit is hitting the fan. Gays want equality and safety when their loved one dies and they can't even be at the bedside or have a say in disbursement of good they both bought as lifetime partners but gays also DEMAND businesses conform to serving them when it is against their religion but that religion is now kaput since the new "in" thing to do is to destroy or remove all that this country was founded on and is slowly being replaced with other religions that fly in the face of the current ones.

Its all so fucking stupid and sickening. GIMMEE GIMMEE, NO YOU CAN'T NO YOU CAN'T, SUE SUE SUE, LAW LAW LAW, MINE MINE MINE, NO NO NO, RACIST RACIST RACIST, BIGOT BIGOT BIGOT.

Some rights are being blindly stomped on and nobody..and I mean NOBODY hears or sees what is going on. And its just going to get worse.

Its depressing.

Oh of course prayer 'can be done in schools'.

You just can't force others to pray OR bow to the east.

There's no "pandering".

Just equal raights for all.

Not a damn thing wrong with that.

I say this AGAIN, gays have right to all businesses that provide basic services. After that, I don't think the Constitution or economics should care, if there is a big profit in sodomy, the economy will self adjust, it does that. My money market account tells me.

Forum List

Back