A Republican nightmare seems about to become real

“For years now, some Republicans — and, to a large extent, the mainstream media — have harbored the notion that the GOP eventually would come to its senses. Surely, it would eventually dump the unhinged, disloyal, undemocratic and unfit Donald Trump, right?

But if Republicans did not wake from their slumber after the first impeachment or the second, after a jury decided he had lied about sexually assaulting E. Jean Carroll, after an indictment accusing him of obstruction and violating the Espionage Act (set out in shocking detail), and after replete evidence of his alleged role in an attempted coup, it is hard to imagine what would bring them to their senses. There is scant evidence that Trump would flee the race to focus on his legal defense; to the contrary, the worse his legal position, the more desperate he becomes to regain power.

Elected Republicans and right-wing media figures have contributed to the predicament as they have minimized, rationalized and denied jaw-dropping allegations against Trump. They have made it easy for Republicans to cling to Trump. Listen, stealing and bandying about top-secret documents isn’t so bad, is it? And, after all, he didn’t do all that much on Jan. 6, 2021, did he?

This is what results when a party, its pundit class and millions of followers cut themselves off from reality, fall into a world of paranoid conspiracies and refuse to simply acknowledge they were very, very wrong to side with him.”

Republicans not only rationalize their support for Trump claiming that his crimes are ‘not so bad,’ Republicans claim that Trump didn’t commit any crimes at all – that the appropriate, warranted, and lawful investigations and indictments of Trump are part of a nefarious conspiracy by Trump’s enemies to ‘get Trump.’

Indeed, this wrongheaded perception of Trump by the right has been codified with the lie that there’s a ‘war on Trump,’ another variation of Trump the ‘victim.’
Orange
Man
Bad!

Very Bad!!

Bad Orange Man, Bad!

Trump is toast.
You'd do well to just erase his name from your memory.
You’ll never erase his name from your memory. TDS is forever.
Trump was guilty my friend, and now it's up to Americans to 'find' the guilt you've politely asked for. It's none of my business as a Canadian, unless you grant me permission to take part in this discussion.

permission granted for one time only.
Sign here ...................................................

Sign here if you voted for that vile racist in blackface Trudeau confirming you are also a vile racist.

……………………………………………..

You are in a cult.
IMG_0591.jpeg

It was nice of all the Trump cult liars here to all rush to confirm how correct the OP was.

It's rather sad and pathetic. The Trump cult losers here all transformed themselves into fascist dogshit humans because of ... simple butthurt over losing. They're poster children for the banality of evil.

Thanks in advance for the constant entertainment you will supply me with over the next year and a half.

Democrats found a man they wanted taken out and have done multiple investigations in order to find a crime. That's not the way American works.
He was dumb enough to steal government secrets and then record himself showing them off to unauthorized people.
He led an attempted coup against The U.S. Government in an attempt to illegally stay in power using a bunch of domestic terrorists as foot soldiers.
Didn't you catch the January 6th Committee hearings last summer?
Let me guess....you skipped them huh?
Too bad for you....cuz now you're in the dark.
See, all that evidence they amassed in their investigation is now in the hands of the Special Counsel, Jack Smith, who is going to put Trump behind bars for his role in the insurrection.
And you don't even know what that evidence is do you?

Yet it would be MAGAts doing all the whining these days about Trump's impending incarceration.

Remember when you leftists were frog marching Trump in an orange prison suit and handcuffs for the Russian collusion thingy? I never laughed at leftists so hard. Imagine how hard I’ll be laughing at you after these next failures. My favorite is your cult trying to convince each other reality didn’t just happen.

Not seeing any permission granted to take part in this discussion, I'm about to run along to other discussions. However, I want to be sure you've seen the offer I've extended for permission.

permission granted for one time only.

Sign here: ..............................................
Address and email ...............................................
Species ................................................... leg count ....................................(not including mandibles)
Did you eat shrooms today?

He was dumb enough to steal government secrets and then record himself showing them off to unauthorized people.
He led an attempted coup against The U.S. Government in an attempt to illegally stay in power using a bunch of domestic terrorists as foot soldiers.
Didn't you catch the January 6th Committee hearings last summer?
Let me guess....you skipped them huh?
Too bad for you....cuz now you're in the dark.
See, all that evidence they amassed in their investigation is now in the hands of the Special Counsel, Jack Smith, who is going to put Trump behind bars for his role in the insurrection.
And you don't even know what that evidence is do you?
He didn't steal government secrets any more than Biden did.

Forum List

Back