A question to all Christians

I listed the prophesies.

Please explain how jesus

• brought all the jews to israel
  • Kept them all there
  • Created world peace
  • Rebuilt the temple in jerusalem which would stand forever

The Torah is thousands of pages, and G-d went into great detail, even giving the exact measurements that the temple should be constructed.

Yet all this father, son, and all the other christian creations are never mentioned in it.

In fact, G-D said to only trust him, and him alone. He also said to not add or subtract from the Torah.

Look, it's really simply, you either what G-D said in the Torah or your don't. If you do, you can not worship jesus, or treat him as any divine being in any way.

Another fabrication. I quoted the passages where exactly does it say anything about a second coming?

You certaintly can. It's called idol worship. But you are right you certainly have a legal right to worship whatever or whomever you wish.

Everything predicted in the OT regarding the punishment of the Jews for rejecting the Messiah have come true.

More christian creations.

I am not aware of anywhere in the Torah, where jews are punished for rejecting the messiah. Jews are punished for rejecting G-D.

In any case it's very simple.

G-D gave the messianic prophesies. The true messiah will fulfill them. I really you have to do creative dancing and create multiple comings because it's clear that jesus didn't fulfill any of them.

Jews have no choice but to reject false messiahs and false gods.

The messiah will never claim to be divine. That within itself ascertains that jesus could never be the messiah in the Torah.

He can certainly be the christian messiah, but he certainly has nothing to do with judaism, other than a person who challenged G-D's authority.

People have gotten WAY off track on the initial topic of this thread. Christians know the drill when it comes to Jewish beliefs regarding Jesus. The one I always found the oddest was the claim that Jesus challenged God's authority when in fact He did no such thing -not EVER. The ONLY authority He ever challenged was that of MAN -specifically that of a few Jews who deliberately positioned themselves to exploit and take advantage of their position in the Jewish community and hierarchy for THEIR benefit -and not for that of God.

The primary reason Jews rejected Jesus is because He failed, in their eyes, to do what they expected their Messiah to do—destroy evil and all their enemies, rebuild the temple and establish an eternal kingdom with Israel as the preeminent nation in the world.

The prophecies in Isaiah and Psalms describe a suffering Messiah who would be persecuted and killed, but Jews chose to focus instead on those prophecies that discussed His glorious victories, not His crucifixion. They reject two comings of the Messiah in spite of prophesy in Isaiah that clearly indicates there are two -one that will occur in the year of the Lord's favor and the other at the end of the world. Considering the fact Jewish prophesy clearly indicates the Messiah will be mocked, beaten, spat upon, crucified and die -Jews ignore ALL of these prophesies and think the only ones that count are those regarding the end of the world and His ultimate victories. All I can think is that even though the Messiah is predicted to be REJECTED by His own people, beaten, mocked, spat upon, crucified and then DIE apparently they expected ALL prophesy regarding the Messiah to be all fulfilled at one "sitting". The only prophesy even remotely suggesting how many appearances there will be indicates TWO, not one. And that there is prophesy regarding how the Messiah will be rejected by His own people, maltreated and killed as well as prophesy where He is rejoiced by His own people, leading His own people and rebuilds the temple, defeats Israel's enemies and establishes the supremacy of Israel as God's kingdom on earth -also supports two separate appearances.

So the expectation that the Messiah will do all these things AT ONCE is a man made expectation and one MAN has placed upon the Messiah to perform as Jews expect. This MAN MADE expectation about only fulfilling prophesy in accordance with how Jews have decided to interpret it is something Jews consider to be far more important than the actual prophesies themselves. That makes it man's error and Jesus had no problem pointing out the errors of MAN. Just like at all times it was MAN and MAN'S authority that Jesus challenged. NEVER that of God.

To claim that Jesus fulfilled none of the prophesies is just deceitful. Even today AS AT THE TIME, there are rabbis and scholars of the Talmud who admit that Jesus did indeed fulfill many, MANY of them while quibbling about how they believe other prophesies can only be interpreted as they have decided and no other way. Yet that insistence that it may only be interpreted no other way is done for the specific purpose of "proving" how Jesus did not fulfill prophesies. Even while admitting that another interpretation would mean Jesus did fulfill it after all. They just refuse to agree those can be interpreted that way and insist only the interpretation they insist upon is acceptable -again, man made restrictions on how God must perform. HOW these prophesies must be interpreted is decided by MAN, not by God and God is not restricted to fulfill them exactly the way Jews expect and even demand must be fulfilled ONLY this way.

Again, for the first 400 years the followers of Jesus were almost entirely no one but JEWS. It was JEWS who thought Jesus had indeed fulfilled prophesy and this was a sect that only grew larger and larger and it was considered to be a Jewish sect for hundreds of years until gentile converts outnumbered those who were Jewish. It just wasn't most Jews who believed Jesus was the Messiah -but it is a fact that it was ONLY Jews who believed this for many, many years. It was JEWS who believed Jesus was the Messiah, Jews who went out into the world and preached His message first, JEWS who converted gentiles to believe in Jesus. And this is why Christianity was considered to be part of the JEWISH religion for centuries before being accepted as a separate religion. Jesus never renounced His own Jewish faith. He was not here for the purpose of creating a new religion. He preached among JEWS and what He preached was about THEIR shared religion and THEIR religious beliefs. Not the beliefs of pagan gentiles.

When it is predicted that Israel will reject the Messiah and this is accepted and understood by Christians -then trying to justify why Jews rejected the Messiah AS PREDICTED seems a rather useless exercise to me. Christians are very unlikely to convince you that they are right and I understand that. But you aren't going to convince Christians that this is one the Jews got right, sorry.

I am asking the same question as you.

No, you're not.

You're asking a question to a group of people that you believe have certain prejudices. I'm asking a question to you specifically about why you believe they all have those prejudices.

Indeed, your assumptions about the views and beliefs of a group of people could equally be called a prejudice.

So, not really the same question at all.

And, by the way, you haven't answered it.

You question is based on the incorrect premise and claim that "they all have those prejudices".
And I informed you that your credibility is lacking because I never claimed that and most of your other accusations anywhere.
I do not believe a certain group have certain prejudices. I KNOW they do by their actions.

You don't know the entire group, or even a significant part of it, yet you claim to know that all Christians are prejudiced against gays. :cuckoo:

I thought your church was "open, accepting and non-judgmental", or words to that effect?

Your views are clearly not, but since you are not really a representative sample, I won't ascribe that set of views to your entire church. That would be silly, y'know?

No, you're not.

You're asking a question to a group of people that you believe have certain prejudices. I'm asking a question to you specifically about why you believe they all have those prejudices.

Indeed, your assumptions about the views and beliefs of a group of people could equally be called a prejudice.

So, not really the same question at all.

And, by the way, you haven't answered it.

You question is based on the incorrect premise and claim that "they all have those prejudices".
And I informed you that your credibility is lacking because I never claimed that and most of your other accusations anywhere.
I do not believe a certain group have certain prejudices. I KNOW they do by their actions.

You don't know the entire group, or even a significant part of it, yet you claim to know that all Christians are prejudiced against gays. :cuckoo:

I thought your church was "open, accepting and non-judgmental", or words to that effect?

Your views are clearly not, but since you are not really a representative sample, I won't ascribe that set of views to your entire church. That would be silly, y'know?

Nailed it.

But that is YOUR belief Allie. Pretty much mine too, but, if we also subscribe to certain other Christian beliefs, it is only by the power of the Holy Spirit that we know Jesus is God incarnate, the Messiah that was prophesied, and our Saviour. The Messiah we got was not at all the one the Jews anticipated and expected.

That is why I can appreciate why non-Christian Jews are not believers. But I do not question their devotion or love for God or His love and devotion to them.

Oh I don't either.
But I will challenge people who claim that my God isn't the Jewish God, or insists that I worship multiple dieties.

And I misspelled "divine", I just noticed that. Doh!

Whomever you are worshipping it's not the G-D from the Torah. If it ways then you wouldn't be bowing your head to jesus.

Most of us Christians worship G-D as we perceive that He has revealed Himself to us, just as those who worship the G-D of the Torah as those of that time perceived that He revealed himself to them. If human perceptions of G-D did not change from era to era, the original covenant of G-D with Adam would have been the only one. But that was followed by the covenant with Abraham, and much later, progressing beyond the Torah, with a new covenant with David. And in the Christian belief, G-D in the person of Jesus the Christ gave us His new covanant for a new time.

Same G-D. Different experiences, perceptions, and understandings, each right for its time and still working in this one.

Another fabrication. I quoted the passages where exactly does it say anything about a second coming?

You certaintly can. It's called idol worship. But you are right you certainly have a legal right to worship whatever or whomever you wish.

More christian creations.

I am not aware of anywhere in the Torah, where jews are punished for rejecting the messiah. Jews are punished for rejecting G-D.

In any case it's very simple.

G-D gave the messianic prophesies. The true messiah will fulfill them. I really you have to do creative dancing and create multiple comings because it's clear that jesus didn't fulfill any of them.

Jews have no choice but to reject false messiahs and false gods.

The messiah will never claim to be divine. That within itself ascertains that jesus could never be the messiah in the Torah.

He can certainly be the christian messiah, but he certainly has nothing to do with judaism, other than a person who challenged G-D's authority.

People have gotten WAY off track on the initial topic of this thread. Christians know the drill when it comes to Jewish beliefs regarding Jesus. The one I always found the oddest was the claim that Jesus challenged God's authority when in fact He did no such thing -not EVER. The ONLY authority He ever challenged was that of MAN -specifically that of a few Jews who deliberately positioned themselves to exploit and take advantage of their position in the Jewish community and hierarchy for THEIR benefit -and not for that of God.

G-D stated in numerous passages explicitly that there is only him. That no jew should worship anyone other than him. That no jew should place his trust in any one but him.

• Jesus challenged that. How?
  • By claiming a jew needed jesus to speak to G-D. That's utterly rediculous
  • By saying that he fulfilled the law. Once again utterly rediculous. G-D said not to diminish or take away from the law. Once again, he is challenging G-D.
  • By claiming he was a divine entity, when G-D said that he only divine is him.

In fact, G-D made it very clear that if anyone, even a loved one, came to you, and tried to get you to worship someone like jesus, you should stone him, because he is trying to take you away from the G-D thaty you know.

The primary reason Jews rejected Jesus is because He failed, in their eyes, to do what they expected their Messiah to do—destroy evil and all their enemies, rebuild the temple and establish an eternal kingdom with Israel as the preeminent nation in the world.

That and no jewish messiah would ever claim divine power. That would is an affront and a challenge to our one GD.

The prophecies in Isaiah and Psalms describe a suffering Messiah who would be persecuted and killed, but Jews chose to focus instead on those prophecies that discussed His glorious victories, not His crucifixion.

Nope. That's a christian perversion of jewish scripture.

Isaiah 53

They reject two comings of the Messiah in spite of prophesy in Isaiah that clearly indicates there are two -one that will occur in the year of the Lord's favor and the other at the end of the world.

No it doesn't. I am almost afraid to ask where that passage is perverted from.

Considering the fact Jewish prophesy clearly indicates the Messiah will be mocked, beaten, spat upon, crucified and die -Jews ignore ALL of these prophesies and think the only ones that count are those regarding the end of the world and His ultimate victories. All I can think is that even though the Messiah is predicted to be REJECTED by His own people, beaten, mocked, spat upon, crucified and then DIE apparently they expected ALL prophesy regarding the Messiah to be all fulfilled at one "sitting". The only prophesy even remotely suggesting how many appearances there will be indicates TWO, not one. And that there is prophesy regarding how the Messiah will be rejected by His own people, maltreated and killed as well as prophesy where He is rejoiced by His own people, leading His own people and rebuilds the temple, defeats Israel's enemies and establishes the supremacy of Israel as God's kingdom on earth -also supports two separate appearances.

Nope, that's only perversions to try and validate christian beliefs.

Yanno...when I posted the messianic prophesies, the passages are very clear and explicit. There is no need to pervert passages to try and make them validate your beliefs. The messianic prophesies are very clear.

So the expectation that the Messiah will do all these things AT ONCE is a man made expectation and one MAN has placed upon the Messiah to perform as Jews expect. This MAN MADE expectation about only fulfilling prophesy in accordance with how Jews have decided to interpret it is something Jews consider to be far more important than the actual prophesies themselves. That makes it man's error and Jesus had no problem pointing out the errors of MAN. Just like at all times it was MAN and MAN'S authority that Jesus challenged. NEVER that of God.

No it's not. I quoted the messianic passages. They are in Michah 4:3 and Ezekiel 37. No where does it say anything about multiple parts. I realize that you must create these things in order to try and validate your beliefs.

To claim that Jesus fulfilled none of the prophesies is just deceitful. Even today AS AT THE TIME, there are rabbis and scholars of the Talmud who admit that Jesus did indeed fulfill many, MANY of them while quibbling about how they believe other prophesies can only be interpreted as they have decided and no other way. Yet that insistence that it may only be interpreted no other way is done for the specific purpose of "proving" how Jesus did not fulfill prophesies.
The only prophesies jesus fulfilled is that he was from bethlehem and rode a donkey.

Millions of people are from bethlehem and rode a donkey. Other than that he fulfilled none of the prophesies.

Even while admitting that another interpretation would mean Jesus did fulfill it after all. They just refuse to agree those can be interpreted that way and insist only the interpretation they insist upon is acceptable -again, man made restrictions on how God must perform. HOW these prophesies must be interpreted is decided by MAN, not by God and God is not restricted to fulfill them exactly the way Jews expect and even demand must be fulfilled ONLY this way.
You are assuming a lot none of which is true.

Again, for the first 400 years the followers of Jesus were almost entirely no one but JEWS. It was JEWS who thought Jesus had indeed fulfilled prophesy and this was a sect that only grew larger and larger and it was considered to be a Jewish sect for hundreds of years until gentile converts outnumbered those who were Jewish. It just wasn't most Jews who believed Jesus was the Messiah -but it is a fact that it was ONLY Jews who believed this for many, many years. It was JEWS who believed Jesus was the Messiah, Jews who went out into the world and preached His message first, JEWS who converted gentiles to believe in Jesus. And this is why Christianity was considered to be part of the JEWISH religion for centuries before being accepted as a separate religion. Jesus never renounced His own Jewish faith. He was not here for the purpose of creating a new religion. He preached among JEWS and what He preached was about THEIR shared religion and THEIR religious beliefs. Not the beliefs of pagan gentiles.

When they started worshipping jesus they ceased being jews. You either worship the one G-D or you worship jesus, not both.

Worshipping jesus it considered the same thing as worshipping an idol or a golden calf.

When it is predicted that Israel will reject the Messiah and this is accepted and understood by Christians -then trying to justify why Jews rejected the Messiah AS PREDICTED seems a rather useless exercise to me. Christians are very unlikely to convince you that they are right and I understand that. But you aren't going to convince Christians that this is one the Jews got right, sorry.

These are all christian perversions of the Torah. None of it can be backed up. Christians must use extreme creativity and perversion of jewish sacred texts to validate their beliefs.

G-D stated in numerous passages explicitly that there is only him. That no jew should worship anyone other than him. That no jew should place his trust in any one but him.

• By saying that he fulfilled the law. Once again utterly rediculous. G-D said not to diminish or take away from the law. Once again, he is challenging G-D.

In fact, G-D made it very clear that if anyone, even a loved one, came to you, and tried to get you to worship someone like jesus, you should stone him, because he is trying to take you away from the G-D thaty you know.

That and no jewish messiah would ever claim divine power. That would is an affront and a challenge to our one GD.

Nope. That's a christian perversion of jewish scripture.

Isaiah 53

No it doesn't. I am almost afraid to ask where that passage is perverted from.

Nope, that's only perversions to try and validate christian beliefs.

Yanno...when I posted the messianic prophesies, the passages are very clear and explicit. There is no need to pervert passages to try and make them validate your beliefs. The messianic prophesies are very clear.

No it's not. I quoted the messianic passages. They are in Michah 4:3 and Ezekiel 37. No where does it say anything about multiple parts. I realize that you must create these things in order to try and validate your beliefs.

The only prophesies jesus fulfilled is that he was from bethlehem and rode a donkey.

Millions of people are from bethlehem and rode a donkey. Other than that he fulfilled none of the prophesies.

You are assuming a lot none of which is true.

When they started worshipping jesus they ceased being jews. You either worship the one G-D or you worship jesus, not both.

Worshipping jesus it considered the same thing as worshipping an idol or a golden calf.

These are all christian perversions of the Torah. None of it can be backed up. Christians must use extreme creativity and perversion of jewish sacred texts to validate their beliefs.

Fiddlesticks.
God, Christ and the Holy Spirit are all the same being....however, we pray to our Father.

"Pronouns, where God speaking, uses "us" and "our": Genesis 3:22 Genesis 11:7 Isaiah 6:8. The most important reference is Genesis 1:26-27; it is here where the plurality is used in connection with the very nature of God. This last reference is the most important (and compelling) one because here God uses plural forms in the context of his own "image and likeness."

"The plural form for "Lord" used frequently in the Old Testament:'adonai ("Lord," literally, "my Masters"). The vowel in the last syllable of 'adonai was apparently lengthened by rabbis in the post-New Testament period. This is thought to have been done to sharpen the distinction between earthly lords and the Lord God."

"The Old Testament had a singular term for God, Eloah, which they occasionally used, but the vast majority of the time the plural form of God, Elohim, is used throughout the Old Testament. Had there been only be two persons within God, the Hebrews could have used a dual form Elohiayim, which was typically (although not always) used of things that occured in pairs."

"Even though the Old Testament teaches that God is "one," (Deuteronomy 6:4) this does not conflict in any way with Trinitarian beliefs. On the contrary, it actually helps to affirm them. One of the most compelling examples in the Old Testament of the composite sense of "one" is found in Genesis 2:24. Two people (created in the "image" of God) become "one flesh" in the marriage union (and thus a sense of the "image" in a composite sense). The use of the Hebrew word for "one" (eXad) in other passages similarly demonstrates that this word means "one entity" rather than a strictly single, solitary thing."

"The Old Testament presents striking examples of a Being who, although He appears in the form of a man, acts and speaks like God and is referred to as God. Mysteriously, He is both identified as God and distinguished from God. We find this in passages such as Genesis 16:7-13; 18-19; 22:11-18; Exodus 3:2-6; 23:20-23; Judges 6:11-14, 20-22; 13:21-23). Note also how Zechariah 12:8 equates God and the Angel of the Lord. These Theophanies were prepartory for the incarnation in that they anticipated the coming of a Heavenly Visitor who would one day be both truly God and man."

"The Old Testament describes a Being who is uniquely a human-divine Son. In the light of the New Testament we see that Jesus in His Being is the fulfillment of the Son of Man, the Son of God, and the Son-King (of which Solomon was a foreshadowing).

Proverbs 30:4

Isaiah 9:6 He is a son and child, but also the "mighty God."

Psalm 2:7-12 (although the translation of "son" in verse 12 can be disputed) This Psalm describes a Son-King who receives the nations as His inheritance.

Daniel 7:13-14 This passage forms the background behind Christ's use of the Messianic title "Son of Man." Note that the contexts of Psalm 2 and Daniel 7 have identical strands of thought: the inheriting of all the kingdoms of the earth. The word "Son of Man" does not here mean "a mortal man"--one from among the "sons of men." The point here is not that the Person is perfectly human. The significance of the title "Son of Man' in this passage is fourfold:

His exalted personality as the One who comes from heaven and opposes the beastly human powers, which come from earth (Daniel 7:3)

His advent in conjunction with the reappearance of the theophanic glory cloud (7:13),

His free access to the 'One who is an ancient of days' (God the Father, 7:13), and

His universal and everlasting reign (7:14). (J. B. Payne, Theology of the Older Testament, p. 265.)"

The Trinity in the Old Testament

What the heck is G-D? Can't you people spell God?

Many of our Jewish friends do not type out the full word God as a point of respect. So, when addressing a Jewish friend who refers to the Lord as G-D, I follow suit. I don't know of any Christians who observe that particular custom though there are some sects who say the only correct designation for God is Jehovah or some other term.

That kind of thing isn't at all important to me though I do not understand why some would think it appropriate to disrespect God when having a conversation with Christians or Jews or anybody else.

Fiddlesticks.
God, Christ and the Holy Spirit are all the same being....however, we pray to our Father.

"Pronouns, where God speaking, uses "us" and "our": Genesis 3:22 Genesis 11:7 Isaiah 6:8. The most important reference is Genesis 1:26-27; it is here where the plurality is used in connection with the very nature of God. This last reference is the most important (and compelling) one because here God uses plural forms in the context of his own "image and likeness."

"The plural form for "Lord" used frequently in the Old Testament:'adonai ("Lord," literally, "my Masters"). The vowel in the last syllable of 'adonai was apparently lengthened by rabbis in the post-New Testament period. This is thought to have been done to sharpen the distinction between earthly lords and the Lord God."

"The Old Testament had a singular term for God, Eloah, which they occasionally used, but the vast majority of the time the plural form of God, Elohim, is used throughout the Old Testament. Had there been only be two persons within God, the Hebrews could have used a dual form Elohiayim, which was typically (although not always) used of things that occured in pairs."

"Even though the Old Testament teaches that God is "one," (Deuteronomy 6:4) this does not conflict in any way with Trinitarian beliefs. On the contrary, it actually helps to affirm them. One of the most compelling examples in the Old Testament of the composite sense of "one" is found in Genesis 2:24. Two people (created in the "image" of God) become "one flesh" in the marriage union (and thus a sense of the "image" in a composite sense). The use of the Hebrew word for "one" (eXad) in other passages similarly demonstrates that this word means "one entity" rather than a strictly single, solitary thing."

"The Old Testament presents striking examples of a Being who, although He appears in the form of a man, acts and speaks like God and is referred to as God. Mysteriously, He is both identified as God and distinguished from God. We find this in passages such as Genesis 16:7-13; 18-19; 22:11-18; Exodus 3:2-6; 23:20-23; Judges 6:11-14, 20-22; 13:21-23). Note also how Zechariah 12:8 equates God and the Angel of the Lord. These Theophanies were prepartory for the incarnation in that they anticipated the coming of a Heavenly Visitor who would one day be both truly God and man."

"The Old Testament describes a Being who is uniquely a human-divine Son. In the light of the New Testament we see that Jesus in His Being is the fulfillment of the Son of Man, the Son of God, and the Son-King (of which Solomon was a foreshadowing).

Psalm 2:7-12 (although the translation of "son" in verse 12 can be disputed) This Psalm describes a Son-King who receives the nations as His inheritance.

Daniel 7:13-14 This passage forms the background behind Christ's use of the Messianic title "Son of Man." Note that the contexts of Psalm 2 and Daniel 7 have identical strands of thought: the inheriting of all the kingdoms of the earth. The word "Son of Man" does not here mean "a mortal man"--one from among the "sons of men." The point here is not that the Person is perfectly human. The significance of the title "Son of Man' in this passage is fourfold:

His exalted personality as the One who comes from heaven and opposes the beastly human powers, which come from earth (Daniel 7:3)

His advent in conjunction with the reappearance of the theophanic glory cloud (7:13),

His free access to the 'One who is an ancient of days' (God the Father, 7:13), and

His universal and everlasting reign (7:14). (J. B. Payne, Theology of the Older Testament, p. 265.)"

The Trinity in the Old Testament

More nonsense again.

G-D is written in different forms in the Torah to connote different attributes of G-D. G-D is one.

Judaism 101: The Name of G-d

. The most important of God's Names is the four-letter Name represented by the Hebrew letters Yod-Hei-Vav-Hei (YHVH). It is often referred to as the Ineffable Name, the Unutterable Name or the Distinctive Name. Linguistically, it is related to the Hebrew root Hei-Yod-Hei (to be), and reflects the fact that God's existence is eternal. In scripture, this Name is used when discussing God's relation with human beings, and when emphasizing his qualities of lovingkindness and mercy. It is frequently shortened to Yah (Yod-Hei), Yahu or Yeho (Yod-Hei-Vav), especially when used in combination with names or phrases, as in Yehoshua (Joshua, meaning "the Lord is my Salvation"), Eliyahu (Elijah, meaning "my God is the Lord"), and Halleluyah ("praise the Lord").

The first Name used for God in scripture is Elohim. In form, the word is a masculine plural of a word that looks feminine in the singular (Eloha). The same word (or, according to Rambam, a homonym of it) is used to refer to princes, judges, other gods, and other powerful beings. This Name is used in scripture when emphasizing God's might, His creative power, and his attributes of justice and rulership. Variations on this name include El, Eloha, Elohai (my God) and Elohaynu (our God).

God is also known as El Shaddai. This Name is usually translated as "God Almighty," however, the derivation of the word "Shaddai" is not known. According to some views, it is derived from the root meaning "to heap benefits." According a Midrash, it means, "The One who said 'dai'" ("dai" meaning enough or sufficient) and comes from the fact that when God created the universe, it expanded until He said "DAI!" (perhaps the first recorded theory of an expanding universe?). The name Shaddai is the one written on the mezuzah scroll. Some note that Shaddai is an acronym of Shomer Daltot Yisrael, Guardian of the Doors of Israel.

Another significant Name of God is YHVH Tzva'ot. This Name is normally translated as "Lord of Hosts." The word "tzva'ot" means "hosts" in the sense of a military grouping or an organized array. The Name refers to God's leadership and sovereignty. Interestingly, this Name is rarely used in scripture. It never appears in the Torah (i.e., the first five books). It appears primarily in the prophetic books of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi, as well as many times in the Psalms.

FOR THE PERSON WHO ASKED
Writing the Name of God
Jews do not casually write any Name of God. This practice does not come from the commandment not to take the Lord's Name in vain, as many suppose. In Jewish thought, that commandment refers solely to oath-taking, and is a prohibition against swearing by God's Name falsely or frivolously (the word normally translated as "in vain" literally means "for falsehood").

Judaism does not prohibit writing the Name of God per se; it prohibits only erasing or defacing a Name of God. However, observant Jews avoid writing any Name of God casually because of the risk that the written Name might later be defaced, obliterated or destroyed accidentally or by one who does not know better.

The commandment not to erase or deface the name of God comes from Deut. 12:3. In that passage, the people are commanded that when they take over the promised land, they should destroy all things related to the idolatrous religions of that region, and should utterly destroy the names of the local deities. Immediately afterwards, we are commanded not to do the same to our God. From this, the rabbis inferred that we are commanded not to destroy any holy thing, and not to erase or deface a Name of God.

It is worth noting that this prohibition against erasing or defacing Names of God applies only to Names that are written in some kind of permanent form, and recent rabbinical decisions have held that writing on a computer is not a permanent form, thus it is not a violation to type God's Name into a computer and then backspace over it or cut and paste it, or copy and delete files with God's Name in them. However, once you print the document out, it becomes a permanent form. That is why observant Jews avoid writing a Name of God on web sites like this one or in newsgroup messages: because there is a risk that someone else will print it out and deface it.

Normally, we avoid writing the Name by substituting letters or syllables, for example, writing "G-d" instead of "God." In addition, the number 15, which would ordinarily be written in Hebrew as Yod-Hei (10-5), is normally written as Teit-Vav (9-6), because Yod-Hei is a Name. See Hebrew Alphabet for more information about using letters as numerals.

Not surprising, bad translations designed to pervert the Torah.

Isaiah 9:6

Yeshayahu - Chapter 9 - Isaiah - Torah - Bible

5. For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."

G-D called him the prince of peace. The actual person referred to is Hezekiah

7. I will tell of the decree; The Lord said to me, "You are My son; this day have I begotten you. ז.
8. Request of Me, and I will make nations your inheritance, and the ends of the earth your possession. ח.
9. You shall break them with an iron rod; like a potter's vessel you shall shatter them." ט.
10. And now, [you] kings, be wise; be admonished, [you] judges of the earth. י.
11. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with quaking. יא.
12. Arm yourselves with purity lest He become angry and you perish in the way, for in a moment His wrath will be kindled; the praises of all who take refuge in Him.

I have no idea what your point is.

No idea what the hell this fool is talking about.

These are the passages

13. I saw in the visions of the night, and behold with the clouds of the heaven, one like a man was coming, and he came up to the Ancient of Days and was brought before Him. יג.
14. And He gave him dominion and glory and a kingdom, and all peoples, nations, and tongues shall serve him; his dominion is an eternal dominion, which will not be removed, and his kingdom is one which will not be destroyed.

Once again in case you forgot after all the nauseating perversions of the Torah.

This is what G-D said.

Hear O Israel, the L-rd is our G-D, the L-ord is ONE (Deut)
I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. ...so that from the rising of the Sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:5-6)

...I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. (Isaiah, 46:9)

... so that all the peoples of the Earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. (1 Kings, 8:60)

Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the Earth; for I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:22)

This is what the Lord says…"Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other God." (Isaiah, 45:14)

...The Lord our God, the Lord is one. (Deuteronomy, 6:4)

... O Lord; no deeds can compare with Yours. All the nations You have made will come and worship before You, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your name. For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:8-10)

O Lord ...You alone are God over all the kingdoms of the Earth. You have made heaven and Earth. (Isaiah, 37:16)

... all kingdoms on Earth may know that You alone, O Lord, are God. (Isaiah, 37:20)

This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, Who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, Who has made all things, Who alone stretched out the heavens, Who spread out the Earth by Myself. (Isaiah, 44:24)

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him. (Isaiah, 64:4)

For this is what the Lord says—He Who created the heavens, He is God; He Who fashioned and made the Earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited—He says: "I am the Lord, and there is no other." (Isaiah, 45:18)

...Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no god apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. (Isaiah, 45:21)

See now that I Myself am He! There is no god besides Me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal... (Deuteronomy, 32:39)

...you may know there is no one like the Lord our God. (Exodus, 8:10)

O Lord... there is no god like You in heaven above or on Earth below... (1 Kings, 8:23; 2 Chronicles, 6:14)

Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like You to help the powerless against the mighty..."(2 Chronicles, 14:11)

I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. (Isaiah, 43:11)

There is no one like You, O Lord, and there is no god but You, as we have heard with our own ears. (1 Chronicles, 17:20; 2 Samuel, 7:22)

There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides You; there is no strength like our God. (1 Samuel, 2:2)

His wisdom is profound, His power is vast. Who has resisted Him and come out unscathed. (Job, 9:4)

For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:10)

Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness. (Psalms, 150:2)

You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the Earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship You. (Nehemiah, 9:6)

They will say of Me, "In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength."... (Isaiah, 45:24)

You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him there is no other. (Deuteronomy, 4:35)

... Is there any god besides Me? No, there is no other strong one; I know not one. (Isaiah, 44:8)

This is what the Lord says—I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no god. (Isaiah, 44:6)

Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord—with the first of them and with the last—I am He." (Isaiah, 41:4)

O Lord, are You not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One… (Habakkuk 1:12)

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere Him. (Ecclesiastes, 3:14)

Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the Earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting You are God. (Psalms, 90:2)

Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever…(Psalms, 45:6)

For this is what the high and lofty One says—He Who lives forever, Whose name is holy...(Isaiah, 57:15)

and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His." (Daniel, 2:20)

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes, 3:11)

…For He is the living God and He endures forever… His dominion will never end. (Daniel, 6:26)

Praise be to the Lord … from everlasting to everlasting… (1 Chronicles, 16:36)

But You, O Lord, are exalted forever. (Psalms, 92:8)

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. (Isaiah, 40:8)

And I have no idea what sort of faith you have, btw. You've proven here that you're clueless about the contents of the bible. Additionally, I can think of no Christian denomination where members are encouraged to say things like "Our faith doesn't tolerate that". It's as if you place your faith above God and the bible, and it's hinky.

Clueless about the contents of the Bible? LOL
I took Bible classes all through private and military school asit was mandatory.
I place people and being Christlike over a book that states YOU are a sinner for eating a pork BBQ sandwich, shrimp or oysters.
The Bible is full of inacurracies. Try getting some objective education for a change. Government schools will not get you where you obviously need to be.
Get used to it. Our churches are GROWING while others are losing members.
Hate sucks.

A christian church that teaches that the Bible is inaccurate? Why don't you reveal what denomination this church is? I'm not buying it.

You just ignored everything I provided so you could continue with your litany.

I dealt with all the issues you raised. The ones I understood anyway.

I explained why Elokim was used.

G-D in the Torah is mentioned in different ways based on what attribute he was displaying.

Elokim is used when G-D is displaying his might.

I also showed what attributes are meant with the other names of G-D.

I also went throught passages that were mistranslated, and putting them back into the correct translation.

I am fortunate that I don't a translation. I can understand most of the passages in it's hebrew.

No where in the Torah, does G-D say he is more than one, and as I have pointed out, G-D has made it crystal clear in numerous passages that there is only him.

When are Jews and Christians going to admit that their religions are really just another form of polytheism.

Are lots of people asking that question? I wasn't aware that Jews or Christians were deliberately ducking the issue. It's not something I have heard raised before.

You are right, but keep missing or ignoring the point though. Yashua is G-d. Therefore he is not violating any of the Torah teachings.

Forum List

Back