A question for those open to voting D about Hunter and Ukraine

I'm not into bogus mssg board "polls" on issues beyond simply who you'd vote for. But, for the sake of discussion, assume the worst Hunter did was get on Burisma's board because Zlochevsky thought his name would give Burisma a touch of class or imprimatur of honesty …. is that enough to make Joe unacceptable as the nominee?

Jmo but it is for me simply because Biden's one bona fide is that he's electable as the "non-Trump," but Trump's entire presidency is a money making enterprise for "the family." Trump may have sincere views on immigration and trade too, but there's no denying he's corrupt. Biden has no actual policies that I can tell, so I can't see any reason to vote for him if he's carrying Hunter's crap.

when has trump family made any money off his office??
and isnt that exactly what the bidens did???
cause there is no way hunter is qualified for any board position on a natural gas company after being kicked out of the military for drug use,,

why is hunter not qualified for any board position?

And the tramps kids are lining their pockets.

Warren wants to F with facebook I become an independent

I am already one.

I am so sick of the two political parties and wish a more stable leader could just rise above.

I hate Gavin Newsom but at least he would be better than what is running now...
you believe all the crap they're throwing at biden?

so far that crap is sticking
Well gotta admit your BS stuck with Hillary ,,,,Made a good smart capable women look bad

she did that all on her own,,,

and remind me again who is in the whitehouse???
A Disaster and must mention many in the WH think the same

I'm not into bogus mssg board "polls" on issues beyond simply who you'd vote for. But, for the sake of discussion, assume the worst Hunter did was get on Burisma's board because Zlochevsky thought his name would give Burisma a touch of class or imprimatur of honesty …. is that enough to make Joe unacceptable as the nominee?

Jmo but it is for me simply because Biden's one bona fide is that he's electable as the "non-Trump," but Trump's entire presidency is a money making enterprise for "the family." Trump may have sincere views on immigration and trade too, but there's no denying he's corrupt. Biden has no actual policies that I can tell, so I can't see any reason to vote for him if he's carrying Hunter's crap.

Twenty years ago I would have voted for Biden but now I can not and why?

1. Age and the fact he is showing signs of deterioration in his mental state which is concerning and should ring alarm bells for anyone reading and listening to Biden.

2. Biden roll in the firing of the Prosecutor should not surprise anyone and should have not hurt him but running against Trump while having talking heads like Hannity spinning this will hurt him.

3. Biden is a career politician and again age is a factor in my decision. I believe Democrats would be better served nominating someone like Gavin Newsom than running with Biden, Warren or Sanders.

Note:

My apologies for not making this a trolling response...

I get your arguments, although I doubt Hannity will have an impact. Anyone who would be influenced by Hannity is probably going to vote for the president regardless. He is not going to influence moderates.

I don't know if it's going to be Biden. Not being a Democrat I won't be voting in that primary. I'll just have to wait and see who the candidates actually are before deciding.

I firmly believe it will be Warren and if so and if Trump is the candidate for the GOP in 2020 or even Pence then I will go third party again...

Wow, you've got such high standards.

cause there is no way hunter is qualified for any board position on a natural gas company after being kicked out of the military for drug use,,

tell me what his qualification in the natural gas industry is???

how are trumps kids lining their pockets,,,and dont give me your opinion but please give facts

1. Age and the fact he is showing signs of deterioration in his mental state which is concerning and should ring alarm bells for anyone reading and listening to Biden.

2. Biden roll in the firing of the Prosecutor should not surprise anyone and should have not hurt him but running against Trump while having talking heads like Hannity spinning this will hurt him.

3. Biden is a career politician and again age is a factor in my decision. I believe Democrats would be better served nominating someone like Gavin Newsom than running with Biden, Warren or Sanders.

Note:

I get your arguments, although I doubt Hannity will have an impact. Anyone who would be influenced by Hannity is probably going to vote for the president regardless. He is not going to influence moderates.

I don't know if it's going to be Biden. Not being a Democrat I won't be voting in that primary. I'll just have to wait and see who the candidates actually are before deciding.

I firmly believe it will be Warren and if so and if Trump is the candidate for the GOP in 2020 or even Pence then I will go third party again...

Better dead than red Among others I own a ton of FB and it's been very very good to me and my family

Note:

I'm not sure we've heard Warren's final response to "what would you do as president if you find the gop holds the Senate"

I do not think McConnell would be as rabid with her as he was with Obama and even then McConnell was not that rabid or even rabid like the House.

Warren is the only choice to me for the left at this point. As written by me my main concern is Biden mental state.

As for his son getting a job because of his parent name... Name a kid with that type of political background that does not benefit from it?

'Name a kid with that type of political background that does not benefit from it?"

Sure but there's trading on the name and there's trading on the name while doing the duty. JFK and McCain both paid the fare via their service. And at least one of McCain's sons is doing the Marine Corp. I never had anything against Beau Biden because he used his entry to get jobs to serve. Joe Kennedy iii used his name to serve too. He's perhaps a bit too ambitious with only a tour in the Peace Corp and short gig as a local prosecutor. But given his grandfather and two great uncles' fates … maybe he should make use of his time. Imo W's daughters are admirable women.

Just because someone is born rich doesn't necessarily make them useless.

I don't think Hunter or the Boychickens have much gravitas. If Hunter or Trump's kids are an issue for anyone, then I think another candidate is their only non-hypocritical choice.

Note:

1. Any age related deterioration in the VP still leaves him a full standard deviation above Trump, Biden has the experience and judgment to be successful and represent all American's.
2. True, character assassination is the only thing trump and his sycophants have to offer.
3. I'd vote for any Democrat in the General, but I will support either Biden or Klobuchar (at this point) in the Primary.

It's way too early for me to decide who I'll be voting for next year. Good chance I'll be sick of it all and just hand the ballot over to the wife to fill out.

thats illegal,,,

Just another benefit of early voting. I don't trust the mail so the other benefit is strutting past those waiting in line on election day, dropping off the wife's and my ballots, picking up a "I voted sticker", and a minute later passing by those same folks as I strut to my car.

One data point: Ten of thousands of tax payer dollars have been spent renting golf carts to follow trump on his weekly gold game.

There are dozens of data points to prove trump is using the oath of office to enrich himself and his family.

same can be said about past POTUS

Wrong ^^^

Not going into the wallet of Obama, Clinton, or IKE.

Note:

Better dead than red Among others I own a ton of FB and it's been very very good to me and my family

Yep, it's all about you.

Not a shred of difference. I will vote based upon who I think will do the best for the country.

I GUARANTEE you that the person that would "do best for the country" or anyone even approximating that standard won't be on the ballot.

Competent and honest people don't run for elected office in the U.S. anymore, it's become far too vile of a game for anybody with a shred of honor, ethics and principles to play.

It is an old adage that anyone who desires power should never be allowed to have it. But I see no way of solving that problem, so I will vote for who I think will do the best for the country of the choices I have.

Well you're certainly NOT going to solve that problem by voting for and thus lending legitimacy to one of the two political crime families that run the circus.
Oh holding one's nose and choosing "least bad" is a valid choice.

Uh-huh, sounds like you're attempting to rationalize your own bad choices, sorry Doggy but that sort of backwards thinking is what led us into the gigantic mess that we're in today.

If you're voting for the lesser of two evils, you're still voting for EVIL which makes you an accomplice for the actions of that evil.

It's far better to not vote than to lend legitimacy to the repugnant political crime families.

One data point: Ten of thousands of tax payer dollars have been spent renting golf carts to follow trump on his weekly gold game.

There are dozens of data points to prove trump is using the oath of office to enrich himself and his family.

same can be said about past POTUS

Wrong ^^^

Not going into the wallet of Obama, Clinton, or IKE.

you sound butthurt,,,,

Mueller Investigating Ukrainian’s $150,000 Payment for a Trump Appearance

Investigators subpoenaed the Trump Organization this year for an array of records about business with foreign nationals. In response, the company handed over documents about a $150,000 donation that the Ukrainian billionaire, Victor Pinchuk, made in September 2015 to the Donald J. Trump Foundation in exchange for a 20-minute appearance by Mr. Trump that month through a video link to a conference in Kiev.

The payment from Mr. Pinchuk “is curious because it comes during a campaign and is from a foreigner and looks like an effort to buy influence,” said Marcus S. Owens, a former head of the Internal Revenue Service division that oversees tax-exempt organizations. He called the donation “an unusual amount of money for such a short speech.”

how are trumps kids lining their pockets,,,and dont give me your opinion but please give facts
Hey, parrot. See post 41.

Zlochevsky thought his name would give Burisma a touch of class or imprimatur of honesty

Look at that fucking spin lol.

Anyone with a brain, apparently not you, knows he got the position to buy favor and access to the us government.

And you have the nerve to mock Trump supporters...

Fucking hysterical

You are an idiot, Gramps. It's time you come to grips with that, finally.

If your argument held a single drop of water, Burisma would have thrown out Hunter at the end of 2016, for at that time his usefulness (that never was) had come to an end. And yet, they kept him on until 2018, and would have kept him even longer, if Hunter hadn't stepped down. There is no evidence that even one single time Joe intervened on behalf of Burisma - rather, he insisted a General Prosecutor be thrown out (in unison with the EU, the World Bank, the U.S. administration, and the IMF) because he refused to investigate the Ukrainian oligarchs, including Zlochevsky. Once Shokin was fired, finally, after Joe ramped up the pressure on Poroshenko, the likelihood of an investigation of Burisma and Zlochevsky rose, considerably.

So, nothing you say adds up, and still you are promulgating that long-debunked crap, like the belligerently stupid Trump sycophant you are.

PH is just trolling.

As for Hunter, I don't see what skill set he brought. Some people have ties to venture capitalists for example. Those folks bring skills even if they have no ties to a specific product or industry. Other people have knowledge of business and corporate law, and that's useful anywhere. I read that Burisma pretty much admitted Hunter was just there for his name. But again that's not illegal.

well since I'm neither a dem or repube there is no hypocrisy on my part and as per your comment all dems and repube need to be jailed for their crimes

Hunter Biden is a drug addict and alcoholic who has never had a job in his life. He canvasses homeless camps to see if he could score cocaine. No company would really hire him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesi...g-brothers-widow-right-after-crack-binge/amp/

well since I'm neither a dem or repube there is no hypocrisy on my part and as per your comment all dems and repube need to be jailed for their crimes
There is no crime in sitting on a corporate board.

You are parroting pseudocon talking points, rube.

It takes a lot of hypocritical nerve to attack Biden's son for being on a corporate board in the face of Trump's nepotism with his daughter and son-in-law being in sensitive positions with ZERO experience.

Officials rejected Kushner for top secret clearance, were overruled

Trump Ordered Officials to Give Jared Kushner a Security Clearance

There is no crime in sitting on a corporate board.

You are parroting pseudocon talking points, rube.

It takes a lot of hypocritical bullshit to attack Biden's son for being on a corporate board in the face of Trump's nepotism with his daughter and son-in-law being in sensitive positions with ZERO experience.

Officials rejected Kushner for top secret clearance, were overruled

Trump Ordered Officials to Give Jared Kushner a Security Clearance

its not that hes there but how and why hes there,,,

Forum List

Back