A PERFECT example of why Democrats can not be trusted with power in our nation.

If he would have been deported he wouldn't have had a chance to kill them while fleeing.
Maybe Trump will end his war against our cities and the cities can start cooperating with him instead of refusing to give an inch

Stop trying to change the subject.

Trump tried to play nice and asked for cooperation, then that ditz mayor warned publicly the people they were looking for.

Which made ICE go looking for people, which probably means they snared some people who were illegal but not on the list.
Trump does not play nice. That’s why nobody cooperates with him.

He is having ICE ask for the cooperation of local government in executing their duties.
And local government said no. Oh well.

In California they are forced to say no, That is the issue.

State law cannot supercede federal law.

You actually do not need a warrant to detain an illegal. All you need is a detainer order.
That is why dealing with illegal aliens is different than dealing with a Citizen.

However, and LEGAL IMMIGRANT has pretty much the same rights as a Citizen.

Citizenship has its privileges, and Illegals deserve NO PRIVILEGES

An illegal filth kills an American, then flees the scene of the accident proving he's a flight risk, and liberal traitors refuse to detain the guy for ICE??? Apparently liberals will even take the side of an illegal who kills an American, maybe we should lock up the liberals.
Try to lock me up!

Don't worry. The left wing elitists are safe behind private gated communities. So, there is no problem.

Constitutionally, I think Denver took the high ground. Certainly over the last few weeks the question of rights versus public safety has been hotly debated.

The sheriff’s department said the city will always enforce a warrant or order signed by a federal judge or magistrate. ICE said getting that warrant signed is no easy task.

“One of the issues is we detain somewhere around 34,000 to 40,000 people per day," Rusnok said. "We place detainers on thousands and thousands of people.

"Getting federal warrants for each one of those individuals would be extremely time consuming and it’s something we don’t have the resources for.”
Getting these warrants should take president over building the wall and making political battles over the legal status of holding these folks. Until that happens why isn't the federal government with all its spending not holding these people themselves instead of turning their problem over to the whim of communities?
Someone in this country illegally does not have Constitutional rights
sorry but yes they do.....
The Constitutional Rights of Noncitizens
Do Noncitizens Have Constitutional Rights?
Illegal Immigrant Rights | Lawyers.com
From the first article. "While the Supreme Court has never addressed this issue, "
So if you could just show me the part of the Constitution that specify states illegal aliens have rights in this country that would be great.

Constitutionally, I think Denver took the high ground. Certainly over the last few weeks the question of rights versus public safety has been hotly debated.

The sheriff’s department said the city will always enforce a warrant or order signed by a federal judge or magistrate. ICE said getting that warrant signed is no easy task.

“One of the issues is we detain somewhere around 34,000 to 40,000 people per day," Rusnok said. "We place detainers on thousands and thousands of people.

"Getting federal warrants for each one of those individuals would be extremely time consuming and it’s something we don’t have the resources for.”
Getting these warrants should take president over building the wall and making political battles over the legal status of holding these folks. Until that happens why isn't the federal government with all its spending not holding these people themselves instead of turning their problem over to the whim of communities?
From the first article. "While the Supreme Court has never addressed this issue, "
So if you could just show me the part of the Constitution that specify states illegal aliens have rights in this country that would be great.
i gave you 3 articles that said they have certain rights in this country,you said they have 0 rights......show me something that says they have 0 rights...everything i read said that non-Americans in this country have some rights under our laws....

Better he go to jail in punishment than just get dropped off at the border by ICE
Goto jail?

His bond is 25k. That means he has to put up 2500.00 to be released.

He could be walking the streets by noon today if not already.

OR

He could be in ice custody without chance for release.

Remember he is illegal. He fled the scene of a homicide. He is a gang member.
25,000 not 2,500
dude you are truly that stupid!

I fixed it for you.

i gave you 3 articles that said they have certain rights in this country,you said they have 0 rights......show me something that says they have 0 rights...everything i read said that non-Americans in this country have some rights under our laws....
You gave me 3 articles of opinion one of which specifically stated that the SCOTUS has made no ruling on the subject and you can not point out any part of the Constitution that mentions illegal aliens and their rights. The people has been and should always be legal US citizens. However if an illegal alien commits a felony or capital offence they do have due process but that's because the majority of the people don't want to send an innocent to jail. If they are innocent then they should be deported. At some point these people who constantly get deported and come back should be charged with a felony.

Sounds like the alt-right POS that ran over Americans in Charlottesville and killed a woman.

Perfect example why cons cannot be trusted with power in our nation.

ICE has no reason to detain me because I'm a US citizen. Illegal aliens do not have Constitutional rights.

Well that's what other American citizens have told ICE yet ICE took away their Constitutional rights even though they were telling the truth. When I read they're detaining "34,000 to 40,000 people per day" and yet have seen deportation figures not even in that ballpark, it leads me to conclude that there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

Sending them to jail is not the answer. We pay for them to go to jail. Punish them severely by sending them back to their shithole.

Did you read the story? Sheriff dept is worried about 4th amendment violation.

If the court says he can go on bail the Sheriff is now open to liability if they don't let him go and it turns out ice is wrong.

And do any of you ever address the cost of local police holding on to all these people indefinitely ?
If they are not citizens I do not care how long they are held.

Really ? You don’t care about the billions it can cost ?

If the court says he can go on bail the Sheriff is now open to liability if they don't let him go and it turns out ice is wrong.

And do any of you ever address the cost of local police holding on to all these people indefinitely ?

we already spend billions on them.

You do not seem to care about the other costs illegals incur.

You gave me 3 articles of opinion one of which specifically stated that the SCOTUS has made no ruling on the subject and you can not point out any part of the Constitution that mentions illegal aliens and their rights. The people has been and should always be legal US citizens. However if an illegal alien commits a felony or capital offence they do have due process but that's because the majority of the people don't want to send an innocent to jail. If they are innocent then they should be deported. At some point these people who constantly get deported and come back should be charged with a felony.
at least i gave you 3 articles saying something...were is yours saying those 3 are wrong?....

The illegals work harder, pay more taxes and make America better than a lot of the opioid trash that sits around playing video games, collecting welfare, voting for Trump thinking they are going to get a f'n job in a coal mine that's never going to reopen

Yeah great. His killer got dropped off in Mexico, free as a bird. MAGA

If he would have been deported he wouldn't have had a chance to kill them while fleeing.
Maybe Trump will end his war against our cities and the cities can start cooperating with him instead of refusing to give an inch

Trump tried to play nice and asked for cooperation, then that ditz mayor warned publicly the people they were looking for.

Which made ICE go looking for people, which probably means they snared some people who were illegal but not on the list.

He is having ICE ask for the cooperation of local government in executing their duties.

Local govt cooperates with the feds and all other states regarding detaining American Citizens. They refuse to do so regarding illegal aliens. Sanctuary cities detain American Citizens for the FBI, the State of Wyoming, etc., just not illegals for ICE.

And local government said no. Oh well.

In California they are forced to say no, That is the issue.

State law cannot supercede federal law.
Forced by California voters, yes.

Forum List

Back