A look at race relations before obama destroyed them....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This column on Paramount destroying itself with their stupid, left wing Woke agenda, shows how race relations were before obama got into office and set out to destroy all of our progress....

Instead of calling it DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion), they should be honest and call it DIE.

DEI isnā€™t about hiring more racial minorities, something no one disagrees with. Certainly not me. I grew up in the glorious eighties when the worldā€™s biggest movie star was black (Eddie Murphy), the two biggest TV stars were black (Oprah Winfrey, Bill Cosby), our sports heroes were black (Mike Tyson, Bo Jackson), our favorite comedians were black (Murphy again and Richard Pryor), and all of our sisters had posters of Prince and a still-black Michael Jackson on their bedroom walls. Oh, and one of our favorite action heroes was a woman named Sigourney Weaver.

So, no, DEI is not about that.

DEI is all about the propaganda of hectoring, lecturing, shaming, and creating anti-entertainment with divisive, heavy-handed messaging aimed at ā€œcorrecting the past.ā€

Itā€™s not racial minorities in starring roles anyone objects to, not in a country that has embraced Denzel Washington and Morgan Freeman. No, itā€™s the in-your-face, spellbreaking virtue-signaling. Honestly, when Paramount has Planet Stacy Abrams emerge in Star Trek Discovery as President of United Earth, thatā€™s your DEI right there ā€” violate the storytelling spell for a virtue-signaling political announcement.

Idiots.

I am curious what Paramount stockholders think about this. The CEO of a multinational company is refusing to correct his suicide run even as his streaming service lost nearly half a billion dollars in a single financial quarter.

This column on Paramount destroying itself with their stupid, left wing Woke agenda, shows how race relations were before obama got into office and set out to destroy all of our progress....

Instead of calling it DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion), they should be honest and call it DIE.

DEI isnā€™t about hiring more racial minorities, something no one disagrees with. Certainly not me. I grew up in the glorious eighties when the worldā€™s biggest movie star was black (Eddie Murphy), the two biggest TV stars were black (Oprah Winfrey, Bill Cosby), our sports heroes were black (Mike Tyson, Bo Jackson), our favorite comedians were black (Murphy again and Richard Pryor), and all of our sisters had posters of Prince and a still-black Michael Jackson on their bedroom walls. Oh, and one of our favorite action heroes was a woman named Sigourney Weaver.

DEI is all about the propaganda of hectoring, lecturing, shaming, and creating anti-entertainment with divisive, heavy-handed messaging aimed at ā€œcorrecting the past.ā€

Itā€™s not racial minorities in starring roles anyone objects to, not in a country that has embraced Denzel Washington and Morgan Freeman. No, itā€™s the in-your-face, spellbreaking virtue-signaling. Honestly, when Paramount has Planet Stacy Abrams emerge in Star Trek Discovery as President of United Earth, thatā€™s your DEI right there ā€” violate the storytelling spell for a virtue-signaling political announcement.

Idiots.

I am curious what Paramount stockholders think about this. The CEO of a multinational company is refusing to correct his suicide run even as his streaming service lost nearly half a billion dollars in a single financial quarter.

Yep. The Black Guy destroyed race relations....yikes....

Give me your guns, Jim! :auiqs.jpg:

From a time before Obama: (2003)

These are nice people.

The Hussein had more in common with white liberal Marxists than any ā€œAfrican Americansā€.

He was raised by Asians and old white people, spent all his time in elite universities with Marxists. He has nothing in common with real black people.

Nothing I hate more than White Marxist and N

totally destroyed the entire nation and the US will never recover

Barry ain't got no kind of American black in him, unless you count Big Mike from time to time.

This narrative I've seen promoted on here that race relations in the country were great prior to the Obama presidency, basically no one experienced any racism! and that somehow Obama single-handedly sent us back to what is (apparently) the worst race relations we've had since Jim Crow is one of the silliest ideas I've seen gain traction on USMB.

Do people truly believe that minorities in the US were all happy with the state of things in 2008, but then Obama was elected, and suddenly they decided there were problems? Do they believe that in the 80s, racism was no longer an issue? And what exactly is it Obama did that was so impactful it set race relations back so badly?

I'm not saying everything is great now, or that Obama was never divisive. But maybe try to scale back the hyperbole a little? :p

Race Relations went into the toilet when 25% of America would not accept that a black "Mulatto Muslim" was elected President.

They will never be forgiven for putting the country through this murderous cultural cancer of the far racist right.

Obama's AG, Eric Holder, had a lot to do with renewing racism because of his policy of not prosecuting Blacks.
A Orange alternate fact from the fake news. He did not put up with white racist crap, indeed. As I said, the facts of what 1/4 of our population caused to happen (alternate facts, fake news, prerogative instead of normative law, etc., because of Obama's election, will be taught to the kids from this generation on.

A Orange alternate fact from the fake news. He did not put up with white racist crap, indeed. As I said, the facts of what 1/4 of our population caused to happen (alternate facts, fake news, prerogative instead of normative law, etc., because of Obama's election, will be taught to the kids from this generation on.
I have no doubt that our broken education system will try to teach exactly what you said. That'll be right up there with letting grade schoolers decide what sex they are, brainwashing them with every liberal position imaginable, and taking parental rights away. We need to disband government schools and the teachers' unions if we ever want to regain control of our failed education system. MAGA

/---/ Yes, he did. Race relations were much better in the 1980s and 90s. I was there as an adult. You were still in diapers.

It was pointed out in a column, and I started a thread on it....that obama, as a communist, needs people to be divided. In America, class isn't so much of an issue since there used to be a great deal of mobility for people.......so the communists fixated on race to divide us.....

/---/ Yes, he did. Race relations were much better in the 1980s and 90s. I was there as an adult. You were still in diapers.

Here....from my other thread ....

Obama was elected, twice, by a mostly white voting bloc. He owns four mansions. He and his wife attended the best colleges. They are living proof that black people can achieve the highest levels of success. Yet he continually whines that black people are victims of white privilege, hostility, and racism. He could have been a president who turned the fortunes of black people around forever, but the last thing a Marxist race hustler wants is a country full of successful black folks. The Marxist needs them poor and angry to get what he truly wantsā€“chaos, then communism.
---
Obama, the most successful black man in the history of American politics, spent his two terms telling black people they were victims and that white people were responsible.

Itā€™s been six years since Obama left the White House, and black people are worse off now than theyā€™ve been in generations. President Trumpā€™s policies led to the lowest black unemployment rate in history, yet the Marxists convinced black people he was somehow ā€œracist.ā€
----
Rather than elevate black people, the far left has created a situation where black crime is legal and white people are racist if they notice. Shoplifting alone has gutted major cities, and most of the videos we see show black perps. Some localities have made it illegal to try to stop thieves. Businesses even fire employees for trying to stop criminals from stealing, to the point that the stores close and the workers lose their jobs.

Hundreds of businesses have left West Coast cities and taken their jobs with them. Once flourishing cities like Seattle, San Francisco, and Portland are turning into ghost towns. Crime, drugs, and tent cities have taken over, as planned by the Marxists looking to enslave us all.

Idiots.

DEI isn't concerned with race relations between you and the movie screeen but between you and your co-workers, between you and your neighbors, between you and your fellow citizens.

Wamose: I have no doubt that our broken education system will try to teach exactly what you said. That'll be right up there with letting grade schoolers decide what sex they are, brainwashing them with every liberal position imaginable, and taking parental rights away. We need to disband government schools and the teachers' unions if we ever want to regain control of our failed education system. MAGA

John Edgar Slow Horses said: The facts and history, not the MAGA prerogative fairy stores (e. g., Obama is a communist, etc.), will be taught, not the MAGA nonsense above.

Forum List

Back