A little Perspective.....

What "perspective" are we to gain?

Really?

I's like to hear it form the OP's mouth.

Fair question. Or are we asked to "connect the dots"?

For me,

People have been taken early because of Cancer. (and other shit, fwiw). But I can go for so many days without thinking about it, and once again your brain gets tricked back into "giving a fuck" about minutia.

But when you're reminded how precious life is, the minutia gets muted. That's perspective. I'm not the OP though.

This woman barely made it to 40. Her last times were spent with people who really, really loved her to the end.

From this and what I've read, it helps the person who is dying if friends visit, show caring, touch. It makes all the difference in that person's passing to know that he or she is loved and cared for.

Thanks for bringing that up, CK. Kudos on a subject that is tough or lost on inexperienced or asocial human beings. There is a quantitative stage on human change in Kohlberg's theory of morality, in which few people reach that top level.

That husband went well over the top, even though young and possibly inexperienced. He gave her all he could right up to the end in spite of the pain he was feeling which is every bit as intense as human sorrow gets. Even so, he brought his camera and shared with the world how one person can light the path of another who knows they're not here for much longer.

:huddle:

Last edited:
Last three photos are devastating. That empty bed, and the empty sofa bed...they were both brave to share with the world the realities of cancer and the toll it takes, not just on the patient, but on their loved ones.

Forum List

Back