A letter to the Adults of the GOP

With all due respect, Joe...what has Obama ever compromised on?

You're kidding right? This is the most incredible talking point the right has come up with...that President Obama is the uncompromising and unmovable one. Have you paid attention to ANY of the criticisms of the President from the left? (who have been pretty hyper critical of Obama) You've seriously not heard the jokes;

"President Obama has caved so much he has Chilean miners trapped inside him"?

On the Pulitzer Prize winning Politifact, the President has three pages worth of compromises...

The fact that Obama hasn't had the votes to go as far left as you FAR left progressive would have liked...doesn't mean that he's compromised his agenda or is a moderate. If Barry had his way we would have $6.00 a gallon gas, Cap & Trade and Card Check as law right now and our economy would REALLY be screwed. Those of you that are desperate to get Obama elected to a second term should give thanks to the Blue Dog Democrats that wouldn't go along with your progressive agenda. If they had...then the job losses would be mounting by the day and your guy wouldn't have a snowball's chance in Hell at reelection.

Everyone knows that the GOP would love to see "Anyone but Mitt". But who will it be? Who will step up? Will Mitch or Jeb or Christie or Sarah or....who will it be?

It is looking more and more like Mitt the Moderate will be your nominee. You good with that? I AM!

I'm not good with that. And neither should you be.

Hypothetical situation. Romney loses. Then the economy starts to go south again because businesses realize they are stuck with ObamaCare. The GOP scores big wins in 2014 and 2016.

Then Conservatives can honestly say "Hey, we tried running moderates in 2008 and 2012, and look what that got us? We need to nominate a real Conservative Fire-Breather next time. "

And that guy wins. Because really, after Obama, who do you got? Hillary and Biden will be too old. A lot of the office holders you have now will be washed out in 2014 and a few in 2012.

Now Joe, I suggest that we work to get all the Teabaggers out of Congress and replace them with Progressives, Then we push through Universal Health Care. A real Health Care System that serves all citizens, and allows small and medium sized businesses to compete on a level playing field with the big Corps. That would take care of ObamaCare, and create a better nation for all. Until then, I will take ObamaCare, because that is better than the financial rape of the system that the GOP approves of.

We understand you are not very bright.

Here is the evidence.

Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

You're kidding right? This is the most incredible talking point the right has come up with...that President Obama is the uncompromising and unmovable one. Have you paid attention to ANY of the criticisms of the President from the left? (who have been pretty hyper critical of Obama) You've seriously not heard the jokes;

On the Pulitzer Prize winning Politifact, the President has three pages worth of compromises...

The fact that Obama hasn't had the votes to go as far left as you FAR left progressive would have liked...doesn't mean that he's compromised his agenda or is a moderate. If Barry had his way we would have $6.00 a gallon gas, Cap & Trade and Card Check as law right now and our economy would REALLY be screwed. Those of you that are desperate to get Obama elected to a second term should give thanks to the Blue Dog Democrats that wouldn't go along with your progressive agenda. If they had...then the job losses would be mounting by the day and your guy wouldn't have a snowball's chance in Hell at reelection.

No, if the President "had his way" we would be investing in more alternative energy and shifting our energy needs away from fossil fuels. If he "had his way", we would be prioritizing energy conservation by consumers over greater production (which, by the way, is what a majority of Americans favor as well).

"Barry" has no control over the price of gasoline...that would be the Oil Master in places like Saudi Arabia. The Prince of the oil, Al-Waleed bin Talal, has said that he wants to keep oil prices low enough to keep us addicted.

"We don't want the West to go and find alternatives, because, clearly, the higher the price of oil goes, the more they have incentives to go and find alternatives"

You all may not like or agree with what the President has said, but it IS the truth. As long as the price stays where we are willing to pay, we aren't going to actively seek alternatives. When will we decide to do it? When it's either too painful at the pump or we run the fuck out of oil altogether and are just screwed.

We need to start developing these alternatives NOW...before the $8 a gallon they pay elsewhere. We need higher fuel efficiency requirements on our vehicles now, reducing our demand even further.

We're addicted to the dirtiest, most costly and FINITE fuel source the planet offers.

We need a new drug.

I actually think that after Obama wins a second term, if the Republicans still control the House they will be more accommodating and willing to compromise. That's because I think a lot of this crap is politically motivated rather than ideologically motivated. They want to deny Obama any achievements so as to make sure he's a one-term president. If he wins reelection that will have failed, and the Constitution won't let him be a three-term president, so there will no longer be any cause to obstruct him for partisan reasons, only for genuinely ideological ones.

One could try to write a letter to the adults in the DNC, if there were any.

Since most of them use the public education system, you might want to re-think 'writing' a letter to the DNC. They're unlikely to understand basic comprehension... try using You Tube. :lol:

I actually think that after Obama wins a second term, if the Republicans still control the House they will be more accommodating and willing to compromise. That's because I think a lot of this crap is politically motivated rather than ideologically motivated. They want to deny Obama any achievements so as to make sure he's a one-term president. If he wins reelection that will have failed, and the Constitution won't let him be a three-term president, so there will no longer be any cause to obstruct him for partisan reasons, only for genuinely ideological ones.

Since the policies and positions of the Obama Administration are terminally fucked up, once he's a fucking lame-duck there would be even LESS reason to accommodate his idiocy.

Thankfully, there is still a fair chance that we won't have to worry about this. He's got a pretty good chance at being a one-termer.

Wrong again!!!

Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

How many of your "type" (bigoted) are there in the conservative ranks? A lot I hope :)

Were you "traumatized" by roaming bands of Mormans as a youngster, Joe? I hate to break this to you but Mitt Romney was Governor of Massachusetts for a WHOLE term and as far as I know ABSOLUTELY NO MORMAN CULT ACTIVITY OCCURED!!! Pretty sure no cult activity during the Olympic Games in Salt Lake City either... Gee, do you think Mitt has been setting us up for the big cult takeover? What a devious guy...

Don't care. Don't trust them. Ever.

Sorry, that's all there is to it. If the way to stop Romney is to vote for Obama, that's what I'll do. This is a non-negotiable point for me.

Mormons are scum. I don't trust them. And until the happy day we can turn Utah into a giant cult deprogramming camp, we need to use the long spoon when supping with them.
Mormons are scum? Do you know any Mormons?

No, if the President "had his way" we would be investing in more alternative energy and shifting our energy needs away from fossil fuels. If he "had his way", we would be prioritizing energy conservation by consumers over greater production (which, by the way, is what a majority of Americans favor as well).

"Barry" has no control over the price of gasoline...that would be the Oil Master in places like Saudi Arabia. The Prince of the oil, Al-Waleed bin Talal, has said that he wants to keep oil prices low enough to keep us addicted.

"We don't want the West to go and find alternatives, because, clearly, the higher the price of oil goes, the more they have incentives to go and find alternatives"

You all may not like or agree with what the President has said, but it IS the truth. As long as the price stays where we are willing to pay, we aren't going to actively seek alternatives. When will we decide to do it? When it's either too painful at the pump or we run the fuck out of oil altogether and are just screwed.

We need to start developing these alternatives NOW...before the $8 a gallon they pay elsewhere. We need higher fuel efficiency requirements on our vehicles now, reducing our demand even further.

We're addicted to the dirtiest, most costly and FINITE fuel source the planet offers.

We need a new drug.

Do you not see the fallacy in your argument? You're saying that we'll only change to alternate sources of energy when the price of fossil fuels becomes too expensive...right? So it's obvious that you have "some" grasp of the idea of how a free market works...and if that's the case then why don't you let that free market dictate when we switch over to alternate sources of energy instead of trying to artificially dictate it with high taxes on fossil fuels while subsidizing "green" energy sources? The reason whale oil lamps aren't what we burn to light our homes isn't because we taxed whale oil into being obsolete or because we subsidized the incandesant bulb...it was the natural process of the free market that decided that one was better than the other. The same thing will happen with fossil fuels. When they become economically unfeasable they will quickly be replaced by something that is. But you progressives can't understand that simple concept...can you?

I just gave you the reason why they will not just fall over and play dead for Obama.

Oh, now I get it. Not very likely. The Republicans have shown clearly that they don't care about the deficit or the debt, however much you do.

The point I was making was that without the political motivation of trying to prevent Obama's reelection, the Republicans will actually try to govern. And that, of course, means compromising, passing bills that will go through both houses and that the president will sign. I predict that they will. They won't give Obama everything he wants, of course, but they won't behave like pouting toddlers anymore.

I just gave you the reason why they will not just fall over and play dead for Obama.

Oh, now I get it. Not very likely. The Republicans have shown clearly that they don't care about the deficit or the debt, however much you do.

The point I was making was that without the political motivation of trying to prevent Obama's reelection, the Republicans will actually try to govern. And that, of course, means compromising, passing bills that will go through both houses and that the president will sign. I predict that they will. They won't give Obama everything he wants, of course, but they won't behave like pouting toddlers anymore.

While the concern for debt is non existent when they hold the majorities (both parties)

It remains very much alive when the power is divided.

While the concern for debt is non existent when they hold the majorities (both parties)

If that's so, then it's purely political posturing and not genuine concern at all. For both parties, as you said.

If that's so, then it's purely political posturing and not genuine concern at all. For both parties, as you said.

I would agree with that.

The only exceptions I have seen are those that belong to the tea party.

Boehner always side steps them for the votes.

How many bills that have passed the HoR are sitting gathering dust in the Senate?

Pouting toddlers indeed.

Agreed. They keep up that "sitting on their hands" routine for another 4-years and the GObP will fracture :)

Agreed. They keep up that "sitting on their hands" routine for another 4-years and the GObP will fracture :)

It is the senate sitting on their ass.

Forum List

Back