A letter to the Adults of the GOP

Carville: GOP adults want 'children' to behave themselves - CNN.com

If you notice that I have changed my current missive to address adults (as opposed to addressing the establishment as I've done in the previous two), this was done to acknowledge Indiana GOP Chairman Eric Holcomb.

Holcomb said recently, "Republicans are fretting the four dancing now can't beat Obama in the fall — so their national talent search continues," adding that the pleas had come from "the adults" in the party.

Is there someone in the wings who is going to be the Conservative saviour of the GOP?
Hell.....if Grover Norquist wasn't such a gutless-pussy, they could run him!!

"If Grover Norquist is more powerful than the President of the United States and Congress… he should run for president,” Simpson said. “It’s time now to peel all the layers of onion off of Grover Norquist.”

norquist_jumping_shark.jpg

Get used to the delight of various pundits as the republicans completely self destruct their nominating process and possibly their party this year, it's hard to feel sorry for people who are suffering from deliberate self-inflicted wounds.
Right...In the meantime your Boiking is running around acting as though he's a proxy for Christ himself.

Good luck with that one.

Obama is going to mount one of the best organized, message disciplined campaigns we will ever see, it will be a thing of beauty. Of course, the republicans will curse it and denounce it as some kind of evil plot but again that will just be the brats talking.

Obama is going to mount Marine 1 and fly his happy ass out of DC
:thup:

Carville: GOP adults want 'children' to behave themselves - CNN.com

If you notice that I have changed my current missive to address adults (as opposed to addressing the establishment as I've done in the previous two), this was done to acknowledge Indiana GOP Chairman Eric Holcomb.

Holcomb said recently, "Republicans are fretting the four dancing now can't beat Obama in the fall — so their national talent search continues," adding that the pleas had come from "the adults" in the party.

Is there someone in the wings who is going to be the Conservative saviour of the GOP?
Hell.....if Grover Norquist wasn't such a gutless-pussy, they could run him!!

"If Grover Norquist is more powerful than the President of the United States and Congress… he should run for president,” Simpson said. “It’s time now to peel all the layers of onion off of Grover Norquist.”

Almost all the Repubs signed his dopey pledge :cuckoo:

Have any of you progressives really thought about what another four years of Barry would bring us? He made so many enemies across the aisle with the way he conducted business with his "super majorities" back in year one of his administration that he doesn't have a prayer of getting support from the GOP on ANYTHING going forward. Four more years of Obama means four more years of "rudderless" leadership. Do any of you know what his energy policy is? What he plans on doing about the looming meltdown in the Middle East? Do you think he'll EVER give the American people a viable budget again? What do you think he's going to do when Afghanistan and Iraq catch fire again because he's pulled us out too soon? Do you think he'll replace Eric Holder and Timothy Geithner...or are we stuck with Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber as well?

If it weren't for the fact that another four years of "President Underwhelming" would do some serious damage to the country...I'd almost pay good money to see who Barack would blame for his shortcomings over another term. How many GOP bills from the House do you think Harry Reid's desk will be able to hold before it collapses under the weight?

Have any of you progressives really thought about what another four years of Barry would bring us?

Compared to 8 years of what Bush brought us? And promise of more of the same with another republican administration?

Thank you, no; the Nation needs more time to heal from that debacle.

Have any of you progressives really thought about what another four years of Barry would bring us?

Compared to 8 years of what Bush brought us? And promise of more of the same with another republican administration?

What has obama done that has been any different than what Bush did?

Have any of you progressives really thought about what another four years of Barry would bring us? He made so many enemies across the aisle with the way he conducted business with his "super majorities" back in year one of his administration that he doesn't have a prayer of getting support from the GOP on ANYTHING going forward. Four more years of Obama means four more years of "rudderless" leadership. Do any of you know what his energy policy is? What he plans on doing about the looming meltdown in the Middle East? Do you think he'll EVER give the American people a viable budget again? What do you think he's going to do when Afghanistan and Iraq catch fire again because he's pulled us out too soon? Do you think he'll replace Eric Holder and Timothy Geithner...or are we stuck with Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber as well?

If it weren't for the fact that another four years of "President Underwhelming" would do some serious damage to the country...I'd almost pay good money to see who Barack would blame for his shortcomings over another term. How many GOP bills from the House do you think Harry Reid's desk will be able to hold before it collapses under the weight?

Well, first, I think the GOP will probably take teh Senate in November even if Obama wins a second term.

Second, if nothing gets done because the GOP is obstuctionist, that's really on the GOP, isn't it? Even Newt Gingrich was able to craft bills Clinton could sign.

Keep in mind, after the election, Obama will be looking for a legacy building thing. Which means he'll be more inclined to sign off on bills he wouldn't when playing to his base.

Obama has been a horrible president. I don't expect him to get better in a second term.

Still not a good enough reason to hand the country over to the Mormon Cult, IMO.

Well, first, I think the GOP will probably take teh Senate in November even if Obama wins a second term.

Second, if nothing gets done because the GOP is obstuctionist, that's really on the GOP, isn't it? Even Newt Gingrich was able to craft bills Clinton could sign.

Keep in mind, after the election, Obama will be looking for a legacy building thing. Which means he'll be more inclined to sign off on bills he wouldn't when playing to his base.

Obama has been a horrible president. I don't expect him to get better in a second term.

Still not a good enough reason to hand the country over to the Mormon Cult, IMO.

With all due respect, Joe...what has Obama ever compromised on? He's backed off on some things that he couldn't get the votes for but in general he hasn't budged from his agenda at all. If you think that's going to get better in a second term when he isn't running for office then I think you're a bit naive. Obama's "legacy" had already been written before he even took office. If you don't believe that then explain to me how someone can win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing?

I know you think the Mormans are coming to eat our babies or some such nonsense but your irrational fear of Mitt Romney's religion is rather comical to me. Mitt's not the "bogeyman" despite what you've convinced yourself of.

Everyone knows that the GOP would love to see "Anyone but Mitt". But who will it be? Who will step up? Will Mitch or Jeb or Christie or Sarah or....who will it be?

It is looking more and more like Mitt the Moderate will be your nominee. You good with that? I AM!

I'm not good with that. And neither should you be.

Hypothetical situation. Romney loses. Then the economy starts to go south again because businesses realize they are stuck with ObamaCare. The GOP scores big wins in 2014 and 2016.

Then Conservatives can honestly say "Hey, we tried running moderates in 2008 and 2012, and look what that got us? We need to nominate a real Conservative Fire-Breather next time. "

And that guy wins. Because really, after Obama, who do you got? Hillary and Biden will be too old. A lot of the office holders you have now will be washed out in 2014 and a few in 2012.

Now Joe, I suggest that we work to get all the Teabaggers out of Congress and replace them with Progressives, Then we push through Universal Health Care. A real Health Care System that serves all citizens, and allows small and medium sized businesses to compete on a level playing field with the big Corps. That would take care of ObamaCare, and create a better nation for all. Until then, I will take ObamaCare, because that is better than the financial rape of the system that the GOP approves of.

With all due respect, Joe...what has Obama ever compromised on? He's backed off on some things that he couldn't get the votes for but in general he hasn't budged from his agenda at all. If you think that's going to get better in a second term when he isn't running for office then I think you're a bit naive. Obama's "legacy" had already been written before he even took office. If you don't believe that then explain to me how someone can win a Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing?

I know you think the Mormans are coming to eat our babies or some such nonsense but your irrational fear of Mitt Romney's religion is rather comical to me. Mitt's not the "bogeyman" despite what you've convinced yourself of.

This is baked into the pie. I will not vote for a Mormon. Ever. Just ain't gonna happen. You want me to vote GOP this time, don't nominate the Mormon.

You guys can go on all day about what Obama will do in a second term, but you know what, the damage he's done is done.

Everyone knows that the GOP would love to see "Anyone but Mitt". But who will it be? Who will step up? Will Mitch or Jeb or Christie or Sarah or....who will it be?

It is looking more and more like Mitt the Moderate will be your nominee. You good with that? I AM!

Hypothetical situation. Romney loses. Then the economy starts to go south again because businesses realize they are stuck with ObamaCare. The GOP scores big wins in 2014 and 2016.

Then Conservatives can honestly say "Hey, we tried running moderates in 2008 and 2012, and look what that got us? We need to nominate a real Conservative Fire-Breather next time. "

And that guy wins. Because really, after Obama, who do you got? Hillary and Biden will be too old. A lot of the office holders you have now will be washed out in 2014 and a few in 2012.

Now Joe, I suggest that we work to get all the Teabaggers out of Congress and replace them with Progressives, Then we push through Universal Health Care. A real Health Care System that serves all citizens, and allows small and medium sized businesses to compete on a level playing field with the big Corps. That would take care of ObamaCare, and create a better nation for all. Until then, I will take ObamaCare, because that is better than the financial rape of the system that the GOP approves of.

Stupidity speaks it's a good thing most Americans aren't like you.

Last edited:

Is that what we're doing, Clayton...healing? Funny, our debt is through the roof since Barry took over the Oval Office, the economy is treading water and we've got more people on long term unemployment since the Great Depression. You've got a funny notion of "healing", my friend.

By the way...the first six years of W. wasn't that bad considering we were dealing with the aftermath of 9/11. The last two years, once Nancy Pelosi was running the show in Congress, started the downturn...which has turned into a long drawn out stall thanks to the policies of this Administration. How many more years of "healing" do you think we'll need before people actually can find jobs again? Another 4? Longer?

You don't think the Democrats are every bit as in the pocket of Big Insurance as the Republicans are?

It wasn't Republicans who made ObamaCare turn into "RomneyCare Mark II". Obama took the Public Option off the table on day one. Joe Lieberman killed the Medicare Buy IN for those over 55 (which, incidently, is a pretty good idea, because private insurance doesn't want to insure those people, anyway.)

All of which has little do to with what I said.

The ironic thing is that TEA and OWS really do see the same problem from different angles, the incestuous relationship between our government and big corporations.

anyone care what Carvile has to say?

He should talk about who the adults are, the Democrats are in solidarity with a bunch of violent, disgusting people who are "occupiers"

This is baked into the pie. I will not vote for a Mormon. Ever. Just ain't gonna happen. You want me to vote GOP this time, don't nominate the Mormon.

You guys can go on all day about what Obama will do in a second term, but you know what, the damage he's done is done.

Were you "traumatized" by roaming bands of Mormans as a youngster, Joe? I hate to break this to you but Mitt Romney was Governor of Massachusetts for a WHOLE term and as far as I know ABSOLUTELY NO MORMAN CULT ACTIVITY OCCURED!!! Pretty sure no cult activity during the Olympic Games in Salt Lake City either... Gee, do you think Mitt has been setting us up for the big cult takeover? What a devious guy...

Leave it to one of the most childish of children of the democratics (he of the "Drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park..." smear) to pretend that he can tell anyone to act like an adult.

Absolutely priceless.

where is Paula Jones now that the republicans used her and threw her away?

Leave it to one of the most childish of children of the democratics (he of the "Drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park..." smear) to pretend that he can tell anyone to act like an adult.

Absolutely priceless.

where is Paula Jones now that the republicans used her and threw her away?

Back at Clinton's apartment.

Were you "traumatized" by roaming bands of Mormans as a youngster, Joe? I hate to break this to you but Mitt Romney was Governor of Massachusetts for a WHOLE term and as far as I know ABSOLUTELY NO MORMAN CULT ACTIVITY OCCURED!!! Pretty sure no cult activity during the Olympic Games in Salt Lake City either... Gee, do you think Mitt has been setting us up for the big cult takeover? What a devious guy...

Don't care. Don't trust them. Ever.

Sorry, that's all there is to it. If the way to stop Romney is to vote for Obama, that's what I'll do. This is a non-negotiable point for me.

Mormons are scum. I don't trust them. And until the happy day we can turn Utah into a giant cult deprogramming camp, we need to use the long spoon when supping with them.

With all due respect, Joe...what has Obama ever compromised on?

You're kidding right? This is the most incredible talking point the right has come up with...that President Obama is the uncompromising and unmovable one. Have you paid attention to ANY of the criticisms of the President from the left? (who have been pretty hyper critical of Obama) You've seriously not heard the jokes;

"President Obama has caved so much he has Chilean miners trapped inside him"?

On the Pulitzer Prize winning Politifact, the President has three pages worth of compromises...

Forum List

Back