A letter to the Adults of the GOP

Methinks Democrats are a wee bit too confident.....

Shit, man, If I were running against a weird Mormon Robot who can't wait to tell you how much money he has, I'd be confident, too.

Romney has the highest net-negativity of any challenger in recent elections.

Why Mitt Romney Might Be Even Weaker Than You Think | TPM2012

People don't like him as a person.

And as Karl Rove once observed, elections are decided by the 10% who vote for the guy they'd like to have a beer with.

I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to have a beer with Romney.

The Republicans have to hope for either (1) bad news for America such as a double dip or (2) one of the hard-to-get non-candidates finally giving in to the butt-kissing and saying he'll run. Either one could definitely happen, so the GOP definitely still has a shot. But they're not exactly in the comfy seat right now. Against an incumbent this vulnerable. Amazing.

Shit, man, If I were running against a weird Mormon Robot who can't wait to tell you how much money he has, I'd be confident, too.

And as Karl Rove once observed, elections are decided by the 10% who vote for the guy they'd like to have a beer with.

Good thing he's not going to be the one running against Obama, hunh?

Either Romney or Santorum can beat Obama if they can raise enough money. Obama won in 2008 not because he was a strong candidate but because he outspent McCain by a ratio of 4 to 1 throughout the campaign and by a ratio of 5 to 1 during the last month. In hotly contested areas voters were bombarded with Obama ads while McCain could barely afford to keep his name in the news. If the finances had been reversed, McCain would have easily won the election. If Obama had accepted public financing it is likely McCain would have won.
McWeasel lost because he ran the most incompetent and incomprehensible campaign since George McGovern....Money had very little to do with it.

The 2008 election was about nothing but campaign money, and this time around Obama's only chance of being reelected is to again massively outspend his opponent.
Nonsense.

Between McQuisling's complete ineptitude, his staff's constant undemining of his running mate, and the media totally in the tank for Little Lord Obammyroy, he couldn't have won an election for head dog catcher in Phoenix.

Keep in mind that the democrat party actually kicked their former V.P. candidate, Joe Lieberman, out of the party because he got out of line and supported the Troops.

Really? Now who is going to knock Romney out of the top spot. Be serious now!

Nonsense.

Between McQuisling's complete ineptitude, his staff's constant undemining of his running mate, and the media totally in the tank for Little Lord Obammyroy, he couldn't have won an election for head dog catcher in Phoenix.

Bullstuff.

McCain's biggest problem was that Bush left him an unpopular war and an economy that was ready to implode.

What was obvious to everyone was that Palin was in over her head pretty much from the moment she was picked.

Romney is leading Obama by 4 points in the latest gallup poll. When the Reps coalesce around him that lead will grow.
Election 2012 Polling and News, Republican Presidential Candidates, Obama, Interactive Polling Data

You can keep citing that one outlyer, but most of the polls show him losing to Obama.. Badly.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

RCP Average 2/8 - 2/23 -- 48.9 44.1 Obama +4.8
Rasmussen Tracking 2/21 - 2/23 1500 LV 48 41 Obama +7
Associated Press/GfK 2/16 - 2/20 1000 A 51 43 Obama +8
USA Today/Gallup 2/16 - 2/19 898 RV 46 50 Romney +4
Quinnipiac 2/14 - 2/20 2605 RV 46 44 Obama +2
Democracy Corps (D) 2/11 - 2/14 1000 LV 49 45 Obama +4
CNN/Opinion Research 2/10 - 2/13 937 RV 51 46 Obama +5
CBS News/NY Times 2/8 - 2/13 1604 RV 48 42 Obama +6
PPP (D) 2/9 - 2/12 1200 RV 49 42 Obama +7
Pew Research 2/8 - 2/12 1172 RV 52 44 Obama +8

Nine Polls, and the Weird Mormon Robot is losing in eight of them.

Really? Now who is going to knock Romney out of the top spot. Be serious now!

I thought that was the premise of the OP:
That someone else is going to spring up from the bushes (no pun intended :D) and defeat Obama.

:cool:

Still waiting for an answer on who is knocking Romney out of the nomination...anyone, anyone?

Still waiting for an answer on who is knocking Romney out of the nomination...anyone, anyone?

Nobody. Romney will be the next President of the United States.

kool1.jpg

"Drinking the Koolaid for the Cult!"

Seems like Holcomb is holding a candle for Ryan:

From August
The governor indicated this week that he would be enthusiastic about a presidential bid by Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, the House Budget Committee chairman who is reportedly flirting with a late entry into the race.
Indiana GOP Chairman Eric Holcomb expects long primary - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Carville: GOP adults want 'children' to behave themselves - CNN.com

If you notice that I have changed my current missive to address adults (as opposed to addressing the establishment as I've done in the previous two), this was done to acknowledge Indiana GOP Chairman Eric Holcomb.

Holcomb said recently, "Republicans are fretting the four dancing now can't beat Obama in the fall — so their national talent search continues," adding that the pleas had come from "the adults" in the party.

Is there someone in the wings who is going to be the Conservative saviour of the GOP?

WOW the children are trying to tell the adults to grow up? Well it is a fact children think they know everything until they realize they have to ask the adults to turn their light off when it's their bedtime.

Jim you need a nap.

Get used to the delight of various pundits as the republicans completely self destruct their nominating process and possibly their party this year, it's hard to feel sorry for people who are suffering from deliberate self-inflicted wounds.
Right...In the meantime your Boiking is running around acting as though he's a proxy for Christ himself.

Good luck with that one.

Obama is going to mount one of the best organized, message disciplined campaigns we will ever see, it will be a thing of beauty. Of course, the republicans will curse it and denounce it as some kind of evil plot but again that will just be the brats talking.
The only thing obamaturd has ever done good is campaign. Othe than that he is a complete failure.

Forum List

Back