A letter to the Adults of the GOP

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Carville: GOP adults want 'children' to behave themselves - CNN.com

If you notice that I have changed my current missive to address adults (as opposed to addressing the establishment as I've done in the previous two), this was done to acknowledge Indiana GOP Chairman Eric Holcomb.

Holcomb said recently, "Republicans are fretting the four dancing now can't beat Obama in the fall — so their national talent search continues," adding that the pleas had come from "the adults" in the party.

Is there someone in the wings who is going to be the Conservative saviour of the GOP?

Get used to the delight of various pundits as the republicans completely self destruct their nominating process and possibly their party this year, it's hard to feel sorry for people who are suffering from deliberate self-inflicted wounds.

Get used to the delight of various pundits as the republicans completely self destruct their nominating process and possibly their party this year, it's hard to feel sorry for people who are suffering from deliberate self-inflicted wounds.
Right...In the meantime your Boiking is running around acting as though he's a proxy for Christ himself.

Good luck with that one.

Right...In the meantime your Boiking is running around acting as though he's a proxy for Christ himself.

Good luck with that one.

Link? Or are you missing your meds again?

Carville: GOP adults want 'children' to behave themselves - CNN.com

If you notice that I have changed my current missive to address adults (as opposed to addressing the establishment as I've done in the previous two), this was done to acknowledge Indiana GOP Chairman Eric Holcomb.

Holcomb said recently, "Republicans are fretting the four dancing now can't beat Obama in the fall — so their national talent search continues," adding that the pleas had come from "the adults" in the party.

Is there someone in the wings who is going to be the Conservative saviour of the GOP?

Unlikely.

There simply isn't enough blood in the water to attract the sharks.

I think most of the adults in the GOP realize Obama is going to get a second term because as a rule, we don't throw out incumbants unless things are really, really bad.

Things are bad right now, but they aren't as bad as they were in 2009.

Jeb Bush could give Obama a real run for his money, but he'd have to work pretty hard for it. But if he waits until 2016, he'll have the advantage of not facing an incumbant.

And here's where I think Obama is making a mistake. Quick, who is Obama's successor?

Reagan had the wisdom to groom Bush-41 as a successor and Clinton Groomed Al Gore. Bush =-43 did no such thing, and niether is Obama, as near as I can tell.

Not likely.

The reason why most of the heavy hitters sat this one out is because they correctly reasoned that it’s tough running against an incumbent. They’ll wait for 2016 when the republican nominee will likely be the next president.

Everyone knows that the GOP would love to see "Anyone but Mitt". But who will it be? Who will step up? Will Mitch or Jeb or Christie or Sarah or....who will it be?

It is looking more and more like Mitt the Moderate will be your nominee. You good with that? I AM!

Good luck with that one.

Obama is going to mount one of the best organized, message disciplined campaigns we will ever see, it will be a thing of beauty. Of course, the republicans will curse it and denounce it as some kind of evil plot but again that will just be the brats talking.

I'd write a letter to the adults in the Democrat party, but there isnt anyone to send it to.

Everyone knows that the GOP would love to see "Anyone but Mitt". But who will it be? Who will step up? Will Mitch or Jeb or Christie or Sarah or....who will it be?

It is looking more and more like Mitt the Moderate will be your nominee. You good with that? I AM!

I'm not good with that. And neither should you be.

Hypothetical situation. Romney loses. Then the economy starts to go south again because businesses realize they are stuck with ObamaCare. The GOP scores big wins in 2014 and 2016.

Then Conservatives can honestly say "Hey, we tried running moderates in 2008 and 2012, and look what that got us? We need to nominate a real Conservative Fire-Breather next time. "

And that guy wins. Because really, after Obama, who do you got? Hillary and Biden will be too old. A lot of the office holders you have now will be washed out in 2014 and a few in 2012.

Good luck with that one.

Obama is going to mount one of the best organized, message disciplined campaigns we will ever see, it will be a thing of beauty. Of course, the republicans will curse it and denounce it as some kind of evil plot but again that will just be the brats talking.

Ummm, not really. Obama's made a lot of missteps on his own. Picking an unnecessary fight with the Catholic Church being one of them.

He'll win because Romney is so awful, not because he is wonderful. And he'll probably flop in his second term because like all these guys, he fails to realize an election is not a mandate, it's a choice between a douche and a turd.

Last time obama was running against Bush's record. This time he's running against his own, which is even WORSE than Bush ever had.

16 trillion dollars in debt
Gas that might be up to $8.00 a gallon by election day with prices of groceries and goods to match.
Real unemployment figures up to 15%.
Violations of Constitutional freedoms
Misstep after misstep in the middle east.
Anti American activities like Fast and Furious

Then there is the personality defects, an overarching arrogance. Muslim apologist. Endless squandering of the treasury on lavish vacations and parties.

Democrats can lie all they want, but they can't change the circumstances.

Last time obama was running against Bush's record. This time he's running against his own, which is even WORSE than Bush ever had.

16 trillion dollars in debt
Gas that might be up to $8.00 a gallon by election day with prices of groceries and goods to match.
Real unemployment figures up to 15%.
Violations of Constitutional freedoms
Misstep after misstep in the middle east.
Anti American activities like Fast and Furious

Then there is the personality defects, an overarching arrogance. Muslim apologist. Endless squandering of the treasury on lavish vacations and parties.

Guy, there are a lot of very valid criticisms that can be made of Obama.

But going into hysterics like "15% unemployment" and "gas is going to cost $8.00" kind of undercuts your argument.

It's really the Ronald Reagan Question-

Are you better off than you were four years ago?

A lot of people can answer yes to that question right now.

Hypothetical situation. Romney loses. Then the economy starts to go south again because businesses realize they are stuck with ObamaCare. The GOP scores big wins in 2014 and 2016.

Then Conservatives can honestly say "Hey, we tried running moderates in 2008 and 2012, and look what that got us? We need to nominate a real Conservative Fire-Breather next time. "

And that guy wins. Because really, after Obama, who do you got? Hillary and Biden will be too old. A lot of the office holders you have now will be washed out in 2014 and a few in 2012.

I see Andrew Cuomo as a apossible entry. And I have always like Bill Richardson. He was knocked out of the running by lies, probably originating from the GOP.

Ultimately, though, you are not asking me to vote "against" Obama.

You are asking me to vote "For" Romney.

These are two different things.

If people were merely voting "against" Bush in 2004, Kerry would have won. But people couldn't bring themselves to vote FOR John Kerry.

I see Andrew Cuomo as a apossible entry. And I have always like Bill Richardson. He was knocked out of the running by lies, probably originating from the GOP.

What if Cuomo loses his bid for re-election in 2014? Then he's washed up.

Can't see Richardson making a comeback.

Voters don’t vote ‘circumstances,’ they vote whom they like and think will win, and that’s not Romney.

Partisan rightists and Obama haters have contrived this bizarre, pathetic fantasy where they perceive every single voter who voted for Obama is waiting desperately for 2012 to ‘correct his mistake.’ That all the GOP need do is run ‘someone with a pulse’ and Obama would be defeated.

They’re clearly out of touch with reality.

Forum List

Back