A Double Standard

No, Spiderman is the combination of a man and a spider, and Tuba is, well, a Tuba. Tuba and Spiderman aren't combined together, Spiderman is running for President and Tuba for Vice-President.

If you want the whole story about Spiderman/Tuba, you can find it on www.nolinkstootherboards.com in the political chat section.

"If you want the whole story about Spiderman/Tuba"

Don't flatter yourself, dipshit. I know all I need to know about your types. I know that the worst thing I can do to you is ignore the sewage you spew. I'm going to start doing that right now.

Dismissed.

Don't flatter yourself, dipshit. I know all I need to know about your types
And that tells me about all I need to know about you. That and your picture of an attack chopper.
I know that the worst thing I can do to you is ignore the sewage you spew.
The worse thing for you or me? Because I could care less either way you idiotic neofascist Bush asskissing inthecloset freak.
I'm going to start doing that right now.
Wow, my world has instantly become a better place! Thanks moron!

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
No, I just don't see what the enemy's transgressions have to do with our own.

Thinking people usually look at our transgressions in the context of our enemies transgressions, and then make value decisions. Libs view everything out of context. Context is too much like reality for libs.

Originally posted by proud_savagette
You seem to be missing the point completely.

Have you ever heard of the procedure the police must go through before making an arrest? And what are you getting at? Cops DO like peaceful citizens--why wouldn't they? You make no sense. Just because they like peaceful citizens doesn't mean there aren't going to be people rising up and being stupid because they're hateful. You obviously don't know how to write a comprehensible paragraph in this case.

Now, first off, I said there COULD be some people in there that are innocent, but according to my cousin, who would probably be very angry at your flippant remark, because one mistake in his career could cost him his life while he's protecting your sorry little butt, there are two different personalities in them. You know, one is peace-loving, and the others are the ones holding the guns and setting of the bombs? You know? And perhaps you heard it from the other guy for one reason...perhaps it's TRUE!

:eek:

Hearsay evidence? HEARSAY? Oh, yeah, my cousin, who works with these people, counts as hearsay? The man from 101st Airborne, who worked directly with these people, is hearsay? Their knowledge of the enemy vs. the Iraqi CITIZENS is hearsay? Riiiiight.
And don't quote me saying something I didn't. I didn't say those exact words, and you know it. Your twisted liberal mind obviously can't understand things the way they were written.

Ah, yes, protect Kerry...the one who did nothing about the terrorist warning at Logan Airport...yes, let's protect him. Well, let's see what one of his buddies in Nam said about him, shall we? Oh, for the record, my exaggeration of his time in Nam referred to actual battle, actual fighting, actual service--in my opinion he spent a lot of time screwing around, as you will read in the following article:
A Vet Questions John Kerry's Military Service

By FrontPage Magazine
FrontPageMagazine.com | February 20, 2004

The following was sent to a Marine chat net by a retired Marine Master Sergeant who was in S-2, 3rd Bn, 1st Marines, Korea in 1954. It calls into serious question John Kerry's military actions in Vietnam. We present it to give our readers another perspective to the media's one-sided "war hero" adulation, and to open his actions to the light of public discourse. -- The Editors.

I was in the Delta shortly after John Kerry left. I know that area well. I know the operations he was involved in well. I know the tactics and the doctrine used, and I know the equipment. Although I was attached to CTF-116 (PBRs) I spent a fair amount of time with CTF-115 (swift boats), Kerry's command.

Here are my problems and suspicions:

(1) Kerry was in-country less than four months and collected a Bronze Star, a Silver Star and three Purple Hearts. I never heard of anybody with any outfit I worked with (including SEAL One, the Sea Wolves, Riverines and the River Patrol Force) collecting that much hardware that fast, and for such pedestrian actions. The Swifts did a commendable job, but that duty wasn't the worst you could draw. They operated only along the coast and in the major rivers (Bassac and Mekong). The rough stuff in the hot areas was mainly handled by the smaller, faster PBRs.

(2) He collected three Purple Hearts but has no limp. All his injuries were so minor that he lost no time from duty. Amazing luck. Or he was putting himself in for medals every time he bumped his head on the wheel house hatch? Combat on, the boats were almost always at close range. You didn't have minor wounds, at least not often. Not three times in a row. Then he used the three Purple Hearts to request a trip home eight months before the end of his tour. Fishy.

(3) The details of the event for which he was given the Silver Star make no sense at all. Supposedly, a B-40 was fired at the boat and missed. Charlie jumps up with the launcher in his hand, the bow gunner knocks him down with the twin .50, Kerry beaches the boat, jumps off, shoots Charlie, and retreives the launcher. If true, he did everything wrong.
(a) Standard procedure when you took rocket fire was to put your stern to the action and go balls to the wall. A B-40 has the ballistic integrity of a frisbie after about 25 yards, so you put 50 yards or so between you and the beach and begin raking it with your .50's.
(b) Did you ever see anybody get knocked down with a .50 caliber round and get up? The guy was dead or dying. The rocket launcher was empty. There was no reason to go after him (except if you knew he was no danger to you just flopping around in the dust during his last few seconds on earth, and you wanted some derring-do in your after-action report). And we didn't shoot wounded people. We had rules against that, too.
(c) Kerry got off the boat. This was a major breach of standing procedures. Nobody on a boat crew ever got off a boat in a hot area. EVER! The reason was simple: If you had somebody on the beach, your boat was defenseless. It coudn't run and it couldn' t return fire. It was stupid and it put his crew in danger. He should have been relieved and reprimanded. I never heard of any boat crewman ever leaving a boat during or after a firefight.

Something is fishy.

Here we have a JFK wannabe (the guy Halsey wanted to court martial for carelessly losing his boat and getting a couple people killed by running across the bow of a Japanese destroyer) who is hardly in Vietnam long enough to get good tan, collects medals faster than Audie Murphy in a job where lots of medals weren't common, gets sent home eight months early and requests separation from active duty a few months after that so he can run for Congress. In that election, he finds out war heroes don't sell well in Massachsetts in 1970, so he reinvents himself as Jane Fonda, throws his ribbons in the dirt with the cameras running to jump start his political career, gets Stillborn Pell to invite him to address Congress and has Bobby Kennedy's speechwriter to do the heavy lifting. A few years later he winds up in the Senate himself, where he votes against every major defense bill and says the CIA is irrelevant after the Berlin Wall came down. He votes against the Gulf War (a big political mistake since that turned out well), then decides not to make the same mistake twice so votes for invading Iraq -- but that didn't fare as well with the Democrats, so he now says he really didn't mean for Bush to go to war when he voted to allow him to go to war.

I'm real glad you or I never had this guy covering out flanks in Vietnam. I sure don't want him as Commander-in-Chief. I hope that somebody from CTF-115 shows up with some facts challenging Kerry's Vietnam record. I know in my gut it's wildy inflated.

Thank you. Oh, and to your cutesy little touch of putting his military records website on there, he just did that, after people got p.o.ed with him not showing his own stuff despite the fact that he was questioning Bush's. Do you not remember hearing this on the radio, hm? Oh, never mind, liberal radio STINKS. No talent in THAT category. How about on television? It was quite a large thing for those of us who pay attention and don't follow blindly, because indeed I don't. I'm not a huge Bush lover, I'm really not. But I believe Bush is the lesser of two evils...and the only reason he has declined in quality of command is because of you liberals--he's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't. You guys never let him win. And no one wanted to know about Bush's record. He didn't have people questioning his honesty because he was tearing apart his opponent's record, did he? Oh, and by the way, I haven't served because of a little thing called BEING UNDER AGE. Therefore, he is no better than I at this point, because I haven't had the chance. So, sorry, that argument is null.

I am rather shocked at your hatred for pilots. Piloting a plane is very difficult to do--and yes, since my family has a military history, you are going to hear about how my grandfather trained pilots in World War II and how my father flies planes frequently--the small ones, not the commercial ones. What, do you think flying is easy? What about flying under fire? You think it's easy to dodge that, eh? Then you're a fool. Because it's not. This is where your line of expertise draws to a close. You are talking to a girl raised hearing about airplanes specifically, so don't give me any of that "coked up drunkass" crap. You couldn't take off like that, let alone dodge bullets! How ignorant are you about airplanes, for pete's sake? Do you know why there are no purple hearts for people who fly planes? DO YOU? NO, OF COURSE NOT! YOU COULDN'T REASON OR USE LOGIC TO COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT MOST PILOTS WIND UP DEAD IF THEY GET SHOT DOWN, YOU MORON! THEY'RE DEAD!!!!

nice sarcasm. it's not his fault he didn't get sent there. And what is so shocking about him being willing to risk his life in battle? You obviously don't think he'd do it, but then again, you're dumb enough to think that Kerry is a hero.

Oh yeah, let's see--how many sex scandals has there been since Bush was in office? hmm...who didn't take the chance to nab bin Laden? hmm....

So now it's his dad's fault that Bush didn't go to Vietnam. You know, a Bush adviser accused Mr. Kerry of pretending to throw away his medals to protest against the war in 1971. He has reportedly said for years that he threw away his RIBBONS, not MEDALS. But during a 1971 interview re-aired on ABC, Mr. Kerry said he tossed away as many as NINE war medals, the Washington Post reported. The terms "ribbons" and "medals" were interchangeable, the newspaper reported him as saying. Yeah, some hero you got there. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3662439.stm
the source for you, in case you don't believe me, which you probably don't.

Please name a time when Bush said something like that to a Secret Service Agent in front of a bunch of reporters. I would like to hear about it.

Oh, I see. This is an UNNECESSARY war....ohhh....so we should...what...just let the terrorists come and kill us and we can all just sit here and wait for it to happen....hmm...and then no blame will go to the liberal media, of course, for the failure of the war, because they're liberals, and they control the news, so they twist everything, give away our position....make it so any fool with a radio or tv could listen in and figure out how to strike...and yes, if you would like to know some examples, just ask, cause there are tons of them....yeah....this war is so unnecessary....we should all just accept the fact that these Muslims want to take over the world....alot of you liberals hate christians anyway...you just don't realize that they're out to get you too.

First off, I never said that Bush was the great hero of Nam, now did I? When you compared the two, I simply stated that in terms of heroes, Bush is way ahead of Kerry. After all, he's trying to protect his country with all of you liberals tearing at his throat every single second.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

A Woman after my own heart

The Geneva Convention serves the interests of the ruling classes by providing cannon fodder. It makes the poor soldier in the field feel that he really has some rights so he is more willing to serve.

Throughout history prior to the Geneva convention, executions of POW's and the rape and pillaging of civilian populations were common in war. However, far fewer men died in war throughout all of history than have died since the Geneva convention.

Sack the Convention and war truly would be hell again. If so, far fewer men would be willing to fight and we would have less wars.

i think spidey has exposed himself as an ill-informed liberal wacko. That was my real goal. I knew i'd never get him to see the truth. So might as well expose him which he did most of the work on.:D

Originally posted by St Pete
The Geneva Convention serves the interests of the ruling classes by providing cannon fodder. It makes the poor soldier in the field feel that he really has some rights so he is more willing to serve.

Throughout history prior to the Geneva convention, executions of POW's and the rape and pillaging of civilian populations were common in war. However, far fewer men died in war throughout all of history than have died since the Geneva convention.

Sack the Convention and war truly would be hell again. If so, far fewer men would be willing to fight and we would have less wars.

Nope: War became less hellish when medical science started saving the wounded.

Originally posted by insein
i think spidey has exposed himself as an ill-informed liberal wacko. That was my real goal. I knew i'd never get him to see the truth. So might as well expose him which he did most of the work on.:D

Sure did. And yet, not really knowing anyone like that personally, really makes me wonder, where the hell do these demented, radical, left wing liberal zealots come from. They certainly couldn't be from America, since trashing it is what they're all about.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Sure did. And yet, not really knowing anyone like that personally, really makes me wonder, where the hell do these demented, radical, left wing liberal zealots come from. They certainly couldn't be from America, since trashing it is what they're all about.

You'd be suprised unfortunately.

Originally posted by insein
You'd be suprised unfortunately.

Not really. They can be the guy living next door. I just truely can't understand what it is that's made them so un-American. Am I just old fashioned? What ever happened to Americans "sticking together"? To "rally behind the troops"? Is trashing our brave men and women in uniform the new sport? What's driving these people with so much hate for our military, and the protection of America? Why do they get so much joy out of anything bad that happens to America?

WHY DON'T THEY JUST MOVE THE HELL ON OUTTA HERE IF THEY THINK WERE SO DAMN BAD?

May I suggest france, germany, cuba, or maybe the newest member of the terrorist appeasing group, spain.

I hear France is really looking forward to having all of the liberals from America move in and set up shop.

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
I hear France is really looking forward to having all of the liberals from America move in and set up shop.

France dont want them either...They have enough problems with Chirac and their own liberal bullshiters.

What on earth do liberals have to offer france? more surrenders thats about it.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
What on earth do liberals have to offer france? more surrenders thats about it.

Even if they all went to france, soon it wouldn't be liberal enough for them either, and they'd start picking it to pieces too.

These people will never be happy, since they live by the motto, "if it feels good, do it". There'll always be something new that feels good that they want to do, even if it's further morally into the toilet than where they are right now.

Left unchecked, liberalism would destroy mankind with it's un-Godly, anything goes, moral lawlessness.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Even if they all went to france, soon it wouldn't be liberal enough for them either, and they'd start picking it to pieces too.

These people will never be happy, since they live by the motto, "if it feels good, do it". There'll always be something new that feels good that they want to do, even if it's further morally into the toilet than where they are right now.

Left unchecked, liberalism would destroy mankind with it's un-Godly, anything goes, moral lawlessness.

Very true. I remember during the Florida struggle some liberals were like "Bush is racists, if he wins im moving to France" and im just sitting there thinking yeah ok so you are upset with a racist so you move to an even more racist nation. That makes so much sense.

No, you made that up to suit your argument. Thinking people believe that if something is wrong it is wrong, no matter what wrongs others are committing.

I agree. If something is wrong it is wrong and these soldiers will be punished.

No, you made that up to suit your argument. Thinking people believe that if something is wrong it is wrong, no matter what wrongs others are committing.

I agree. if something is wrong its going to be wrong regardless. thats why the soldiers in question will be punished accordingly.

You are missing the point though. This is not that big a deal compared to the lives Saddam and the terrorists have taken. Its the liberal hypocrisy we are pointing to. They have no problem with the fact that Saddam murdered, raped, and all those other things ive mentioned millions of times. Yet a few soldiers make some prisoners get naked and its proof we are pure evil in the world. Its a double standard and i dont care if we are being held to a high standard there is no excuse for this.

This is not that big a deal compared to the lives Saddam and the terrorists have taken.
Well gee George, I agree, but we already know just about everything there is to know about the lives Hussein has ruined, are you suggesting we rehash over all that information again just for ole time's sake?
. Its the liberal hypocrisy we are pointing to. They have no problem with the fact that Saddam murdered, raped, and all those other things ive mentioned millions of times.
Well you're obviously a big liar, or you can't read. If you could ,you'd notice that in every single post I make I point out what an evil man Saddam Hussein is.

I guess what you really want is for everyone to keep their traps shut about the abuses by US soldiers, otherwise you wouldn't be accusing them of loving Saddam Hussein everytime they wanted to talk about it.

Apparently, I don't point out how evil Saddam Hussein often enough for you. I have it at the bottom of every post I make, and I've even suggested we set aside a week out of every year just for hating Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden and others like them.

It's just not enough for you, is it?

You Hussein is Bad want Hussen is Bad me Hussein is Bad to Hussein is Bad start Hussein is bad writing Hussein is bad how Hussein is bad bad Hussein is bad Hussein Hussein is bad is Hussein is bad between Hussein is bad every Hussein is bad word Hussein is bad I Hussein is bad write Hussein is bad? What Hussein is Bad is Hussein is Bad it Hussein is Bad you Hussein is Bad want Hussein is Bad from Hussein is Bad me?

Is Hussein is Bad that Hussein is Bad good Hussein is Bad enough
. Its a double standard and i dont care if we are being held to a high standard there is no excuse for this
No excuse for WHAT? Wanting to know the full extent of US abuses? OK, fine, I'm sorry, I forgot, I live in an Orwellian society where I am not allowed to talk about any bad things that we did. You're right, I'm wrong. The rest of the world is evil, but God shines on the US and the US can do no wrong, to even talk about it is obviously a "double standard" in the eyes of those who think everyone ought follow international law but the US.

You and the rest of your warmongering cronies keep telling us this is the act of a handful of people, yet 6 months ago you were telling us there weren't any abuses in our detainment camps at all, and you expect us to to just take your word for it?

Forum List

Back