A Double Standard

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Very true. I remember during the Florida struggle some liberals were like "Bush is racists, if he wins im moving to France" and im just sitting there thinking yeah ok so you are upset with a racist so you move to an even more racist nation. That makes so much sense.

yeah..never agreed with stuff like that. like when you say you dont like something in your contry and someone tells you to move to another one...nothing ever gets solved like that. you learn how to fight it out. at the end its usualy either you win or loose, but either way, youve made other people aware and thats a million times better then running away with your tail between your legs...

Originally posted by SpidermanTuba
Wanting to know the full extent of US abuses? OK, fine, I'm sorry, I forgot, I live in an Orwellian society where I am not allowed to talk about any bad things that we did. You're right, I'm wrong. The rest of the world is evil, but God shines on the US and the US can do no wrong, to even talk about it is obviously a "double standard" in the eyes of those who think everyone ought follow international law but the US.

If you spent 1/1000th of the time you do bashing the shit out of America searching out the truth about other countries and what they do, you'd find out America is by far the best and most peaceful nation on earth.

So here's a challenge to you and your America hating agenda, "FIND A BETTER COUNTRY THAN AMERICA", and PROVE it's better.

Otherwise, your constant vile puke here bashing the tar out of America and her troops is getting real old.

Here's another offer, once you find another country that's BETTER than America, I'LL BUY YOUR TICKET TO GO THERE, AND GIVE YOU SET UP MONEY TO BOOT!

Now put up or shut up moron.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
I agree. if something is wrong its going to be wrong regardless. thats why the soldiers in question will be punished accordingly.

You are missing the point though. This is not that big a deal compared to the lives Saddam and the terrorists have taken.

Well if that is your point, then you are certainly the Master of the Obvious. We all already know that what Hussein did was worse than what we did, it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. Why do you insist on driving home the obvious points?

Its the liberal hypocrisy we are pointing to. They have no problem with the fact that Saddam murdered, raped, and all those other things ive mentioned millions of times.

Fine, fricking make up lies about what your political oponents believe, and then base your silly little points on those lies, see how far it gets you. In case you haven't noticed, I make sure to condemn Hussein at the bottom of every post I ever write. I don't see you doing that. Apparently, that isn't enough. How much hatred of Saddam Hussein am I required to have to not be a hypocrit? Would you PLEASE tell me? Because I really hate the guy, and I'm more than willing to demonstrate my hate in any way you would like me to if it would make you happy.

Apparently, you would like to make up lies and fantasies about what liberals believe because you are completely incapable of responding to them with rational thought. I'm beginning to believe you would have made up the lie that liberals like Hussein and accuse them of hypocrisy if the abuse of prisoners was barely whispered and then forgotten. I'm beginning think in actuality you believe things would be better if no one ever found out what happened in that prison, but rather than telling you what your belief is, I will grant you a courtesy you have not granted me and ask you if thats what you believe?

If you want to go around pointing out liberal hypocrisies, fine. But don't do it by making up something that liberals believe and then pointing out that one of their real beliefs and your phoney made up beliefe makes them hypocritical, I'm afread it doesn't quite work that way. Nice try though, execellent technique. When the New World Order comes, the Ministy of Truth will need your service as a spreader of propaganda and lies.

Yet a few soldiers make some prisoners get naked and its proof we are pure evil in the world. Its a double standard and i dont care if we are being held to a high standard there is no excuse for this.

Listen, you are the only one saying that it is proof we are pure evil in the world. I know for one I never said that. Is that what you wish liberals were saying because it would aid you in pointing out a non-existant hypocrisy? Stop making up lies about what liberals on the whole say and believe, it won't get you anywhere except perhaps as a job as chief mud slinger for the Republican Party. Your lies and fabrications are blatantly transparent to anyone who bothers to look.

Spiderman, I made 2 posts to you last night and you conveniently ignored both, why is that?

Shall I change my suggestion to a demand?

Originally posted by Pale Rider
If you spent 1/1000th of the time you do bashing the shit out of America searching out the truth about other countries and what they do, you'd find out America is by far the best and most peaceful nation on earth.

So here's a challenge to you and your America hating agenda, "FIND A BETTER COUNTRY THAN AMERICA", and PROVE it's better.

Otherwise, your constant vile puke here bashing the tar out of America and her troops is getting real old.

Here's another offer, once you find another country that's BETTER than America, I'LL BUY YOUR TICKET TO GO THERE, AND GIVE YOU SET UP MONEY TO BOOT!

Now put or shut up moron.

I'm sorry Mr. Rider, but is there something going on in other countries that I am not aware of that you feel I ought to be? If so, by all means, tell me, I'm all ears.

And while your at it, please quote me bashing or hating America.
Oh, shit, I'm sorry, I forgot, the America's government IS America, and to critisize the goverment is to critisize America herself! I'm so sorry, you see, I keep forgetting that in our free and democratic nation, only people who hate this country would ever critisize anything the government is doing! My bad!

Originally posted by jimnyc
Spiderman, I made 2 posts to you last night and you conveniently ignored both, why is that?

Shall I change my suggestion to a demand?

I'm sorry about that, I am honestly trying to reply to everyone. Being one of very few liberals here, I get a lot of replies though and I think you'd be surprised if you saw my mailbox. If you could tell me which thread these replies are in, I'll gladly go straight to it and reply.

I'm sorry about that, I am honestly trying to reply to everyone. Being one of very few liberals here, I get a lot of replies though and I think you'd be surprised if you saw my mailbox. If you could tell me which thread these replies are in, I'll gladly go straight to it and reply.

No need to, I'll just repeat myself.

I suggest you tone down your posts a bit. You have been arrogant and condescending from your very first post on this board. These types of replies are obviously flame bait and that's exactly what you get in return. If you would post in a more civil manner you may be surprised and get the same type of replies in kind. You've done plenty of namecalling for someone who has only posted here for 3 consecutive nights.

No need to, I'll just repeat myself.

I suggest you tone down your posts a bit. You have been arrogant and condescending from your very first post on this board. These types of replies are obviously flame bait and that's exactly what you get in return. If you would post in a more civil manner you may be surprised and get the same type of replies in kind. You've done plenty of namecalling for someone who has only posted here for 3 consecutive nights.

That's right, I'm the one going around calling people America haters for not believing the same way I do. But of course, you probably don't think calling someone an America hater for not believing the way you do qualifies as namecalling, namecalling apparently only refers to liberals who eventually start hurling insults at people who keep telling him he hates the country he was born and lives in.

That's right, I'm the one going around calling people America haters for not believing the same way I do. But of course, you probably don't think calling someone an America hater for not believing the way you do qualifies as namecalling, namecalling apparently only refers to liberals who eventually start hurling insults at people who keep telling him he hates the country he was born and lives in.

Spiderman, please don't obfuscate what I'm stating to you. I'm not speaking to Evil, Insein, OCA or anyone else. My comments were directed to you. I'm not looking for an excuse for the way you post. I'm not looking for you to bring other names into the equation. I'm looking for you to either heed my advice or not. That's entirely your choice and your right. Just please keep in mind what my rights are as well.

Quite frankly, I've avoided your posts from the beginning because I don't have the time nor the energy lately to get into a long winded debate with someone who appears to have a sole intention of riling up other members of this board. Rather than engage in the flaming that is occurring I am advising you, as a new member, to get a proper feel for the board and gain a bit of respect first before firing double barreled shots at well respected members. Again, that is your choice. And again, remember what my choices are.

Spiderman, please don't obfuscate what I'm stating to you. I'm not speaking to Evil, Insein, OCA or anyone else. My comments were directed to you. I'm not looking for an excuse for the way you post. I'm not looking for you to bring other names into the equation. I'm looking for you to either heed my advice or not. That's entirely your choice and your right. Just please keep in mind what my rights are as well.

Quite frankly, I've avoided your posts from the beginning because I don't have the time nor the energy lately to get into a long winded debate with someone who appears to have a sole intention of riling up other members of this board. Rather than engage in the flaming that is occurring I am advising you, as a new member, to get a proper feel for the board and gain a bit of respect first before firing double barreled shots at well respected members. Again, that is your choice. And again, remember what my choices are.

Such hypocrisy. What about Saddam Hussein? You don't care about what he does? You're just accusing me of this to detract attention from your buddy Saddam Hussein, I know it! :) :) :)

Maybe I just need to use more smilies so people realize I don't mean anything personally.

TO ALL-

You know, I think I finally figured this out.

When allegations and evidence of abuse surfaced, the neocons were just as disgusted as the liberals.

Then the neocons realized "Hey, we're agreeing with the liberals, we can't do that! Instead of condemning what happened and appearing to agree with them, lets turn this around and make it a neocons vs liberals issue instead! We'll falsely accuse them of liking Hussein, like we normally do, and then use our false accusations to point out non-existant hypocrisies! What a great idea guys!"

Such hypocrisy. What about Saddam Hussein? You don't care about what he does? You're just accusing me of this to detract attention from your buddy Saddam Hussein, I know it! :) :) :)

Maybe I just need to use more smilies so people realize I don't mean anything personally.

TO ALL-

You know, I think I finally figured this out.

When allegations and evidence of abuse surfaced, the neocons were just as disgusted as the liberals.

Then the neocons realized "Hey, we're agreeing with the liberals, we can't do that! Instead of condemning what happened and appearing to agree with them, lets turn this around and make it a neocons vs liberals issue instead! We'll falsely accuse them of liking Hussein, like we normally do, and then use our false accusations to point out non-existant hypocrisies! What a great idea guys!"

Where did I mention Hussein? Where did I mention liberals? Where did I mention neocons? Where did I turn anything around?

Again, your entire post is nothing but obfuscation about my suggestions and recommendations to you. I will take that to mean that you likely won't heed my advice. Again, that is your choice. I will now tell you that I am not pleased with your attitude and am not thrilled at your desire to turn my post into something it wasn't. I get a sneaky sucpicion that you don't care if you post here much longer or not, so warning you that your time would be limited if you continue in this fashion would likely fall on deaf ears. Just the same, I will give you that warning, lose the attitude if you desire to eventually become one of those 'well respected' members I spoke of and continue posting here.

Where did I mention Hussein? Where did I mention liberals? Where did I mention neocons? Where did I turn anything around?

Again, your entire post is nothing but obfuscation about my suggestions and recommendations to you. I will take that to mean that you likely won't heed my advice. Again, that is your choice. I will now tell you that I am not pleased with your attitude and am not thrilled at your desire to turn my post into something it wasn't. I get a sneaky sucpicion that you don't care if you post here much longer or not, so warning you that your time would be limited if you continue in this fashion would likely fall on deaf ears. Just the same, I will give you that warning, lose the attitude if you desire to eventually become one of those 'well respected' members I spoke of and continue posting here.

"Where did I mention Hussein?" - I often find myself asking that question myself. You apparenly don't understand what I mean, so I'm guessing your not a liberal, correct?

Are you a moderator here?

"Where did I mention Hussein?" - I often find myself asking that question myself. You apparenly don't understand what I mean, so I'm guessing your not a liberal, correct?

Are you a moderator here?

No, I'm not a 'moderator'.

No, I'm not a liberal.

I'm someone that has a very unique interest in the way this board is ran and am asking politely that you heed my advice.

No, I'm not a 'moderator'.

No, I'm not a liberal.

I'm someone that has a very unique interest in the way this board is ran and am asking politely that you heed my advice.

And I'm asking you politely to please stop lecturing me.

And I'm asking you politely to stop lecturing me.

No, I'm not going to stop.

I suggest you pay special attention to the board and the decisions and requests that I ask of.

I've been polite as well. You've done nothing but be sarcastic and avoid my requests. I will advise one last time. Heed my advice if you ever want the time to become a 'well respected' member.

No, I'm not going to stop.

I suggest you pay special attention to the board and the decisions and requests that I ask of.

I've been polite as well. You've done nothing but be sarcastic and avoid my requests. I will advise one last time. Heed my advice if you ever want the time to become a 'well respected' member.

Are you done yet?

Are you done yet?

Actually, no. I've still yet to see you respond. Do you plan on heeding the advice I've given you, or do you plan on continuing on being an antagonist? I will keep responding until I get some straight answers from you, which I have respectfully asked multiple times.

Actually, no. I've still yet to see you respond. Do you plan on heeding the advice I've given you, or do you plan on continuing on being an antagonist? I will keep responding until I get some straight answers from you, which I have respectfully asked multiple times.

What difference is it to you? Unless you have some real authority here to tell me what to do, I'm going to politely ask you to piss off, friend.

What difference is it to you? Unless you have some real authority here to tell me what to do, I'm going to polite ask you to piss off friend.

Piss off?

Would you like an opportunity to rephrase that?

I've been nothing but polite and have offered decent advice. You have replied with sarcasm and now insults. I'd like to see this board go forth in a different manner, which is why I'm asking you to heed my advice.

This will be the very last time I ask. Will you heed the advice I have offered?

Forum List

Back