Iraqerloo

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Fang Zar, May 7, 2004.

1. Fang Zar

Fang Zar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi people,

I'm new here and I think I can provide an alternate voice.

The war on terrorism started well. Quick glory in Afghanistan, with a broad coalition, and no long drawn-out city wars.

Then the president of the United States made a mistake. He blurred the issue by invading Iraq. In doing so, he did the one thing that could hurt the War On Terrorism most. This was exactly what Al-Qaeda had been waiting for for ten years - now they were able to infiltrate the country, pose as Iraqis and start a guerilla. As a consequence, the coalition against terrorism is falling apart.

The war on terrorism was a good thing. But for the American administration to think they can wage a war for oil under the same guise is a little naieve...
    How can Republicans support a lying president? I think it's time to change the guard. Let's get a new candidate for 04.

2. JIHADTHIS

JIHADTHIS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :flameth:

TROLL ALERT!

3. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Curiously. Emannuel_Z, why did you re-register with another username? Were you tired of being ripped to shreds with your original username?

You've immediately been discredited now and have just lost all credibility.

"Let's get a new candidate"? Shit, you don't even live in the USA!

Your a dipshit.

4. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

5. Tippy Toes

Tippy Toes Funny girl

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2

Ok, it's that last paragraph. That doesn't work for me. It's the same tired war for oil, the lying President stuff. You have no proof of these two statements. They are supposition. You can't prove, probably ever, that Bush has lied, and the oil thing, that's not true either.

I can say that I don't totally agree with the Iraq War. I think this has been a huge mistake, but I just don't think it's possible to do what we are doing, and not have to pull-out cause there's just too many casualties in a non-war situation. It has blown up into a very bad idea.

I need someone to give me a good reason we did all this. Not the WMD, something else. To me there has to be more to it than that. I know Saddam was dangerous, and he would have caused many problems, but why did we have to invade his country? Couldn't we have bombed a couple places like Clinton, and then saw what happened? I can remember Muhamar Quadaffy (sp) being a huge threat at one time. Iddie Amin. (sp) Someone, please give me a good explanation, cause I have been on Bush's side for a very long time, and I don't like Kerry, but I still need answers.

6. Fang Zar

Fang Zar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The fact that I´m on the same computer doesn´t make me the same person, jimnyc.

7. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Don't try to downplay it. Same exact IP address is exactly the same computer. One of your 'friends' just happened to come across this board? Then you want to give off the impression that you live in the USA. You've been busted. You're an idiot. You're dismissed.

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Well, there are a few other reasons.

Saddam Hussein committed horrible atrocities against his people. After Gulf War I, the Iraqis begged the military to keep going to Baghdad, but we pulled out.

Saddam Hussein violated a dozen U.N. resolutions, basically laughing in their faces. The U.S. was simply enforcing a policy that they refused to. Food for oil comes to mind.

Of the rogue states that defied the will of the rest of the world, Iraq was the softest target, with a weak and cowardly army at best. After we took Iraq, Libya, Korea, and Iran all began to reform.

9. preemptingyou03

preemptingyou03 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Okay. First of all, the WMD issue was big. Everyone thought he had them. He used them. He admitted to having them.

- He violated 17 war treaties.
    - He invaded two countries.
    - He used WMD.
    - He sponsored Ansar al-Islam, a group with ties to al-Qaeda.
    - He sponsored the MEK and PKK.
    - He funded the PLFP.
    - He funded Hamas, Hezbollah, and Islamic Jihad.
    - He killed over 750,000 people.
    - He gave shelter to Abu Nidal.
    - He gave shelter to Abu Abbas.
    - He gave shelter to al-Qaeda operative Abdul Yassin, one of the 1993 WTC attack plotters.
    - He gave shelter to al-Qaeda mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.
    - The UNSC, including nations that disagreed with us about the war, concluded he had WMD.
    - He sponsored the ANO.

The guy was a threat.

10. Tippy Toes

Tippy Toes Funny girl

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Preemptying,

Quote:

Of the rogue states that defied the will of the rest of the world, Iraq was the softest target, with a weak and cowardly army at best. After we took Iraq, Libya, Korea, and Iran all began to reform.

That's the reason I was looking for. Thank you! I thought that might be the case,and it was a smart move, possibly brilliant.

I just get anxious, sorry.