A couple of stupid Myths

rtwngAvngr said:
Sex is implied. A family is a reproductive unit. Always has been.
Not to a kindergarten student. I don't think I ever thought of my parents as "sexual" beings until well past grade 6 and even then, I tried not to think about it too much!

Actually, I will disagree with the very statement that a family is a reproductive unit. A family is a support unit. My sisters feel closer to their step-dad than they do to their dad. My wife and I are considering adopting and will probably never reproduce but I don't think that will make us any less of a family.

HorhayAtAMD said:
I think we both agree that kindergarten is not the time or place to teach children about sexual orientation. This is why I ask the question: why is it that a picture of a man, a woman, and their child is a picture of a family, while a picture of a woman, a woman, and their child is a picture of homosexuality? What is it about the first picture that doesn't shove sexual orientation in your face while the second picture does? How about a third picture of a black man, a white woman, and their child? Is that picture making the moral statement that it is okay for the races to mix?

Off the top of my head, the first represents at least 99.9 % of kindergarteners life experience-even in this 'enlightened times' few gays adopt. If the teacher KNOWS they have a child with these circumstances, then some accomodations might be made. My guess, 1 in 1000 classrooms.

HorhayAtAMD said:
I think we both agree that kindergarten is not the time or place to teach children about sexual orientation. This is why I ask the question: why is it that a picture of a man, a woman, and their child is a picture of a family, while a picture of a woman, a woman, and their child is a picture of homosexuality? What is it about the first picture that doesn't shove sexual orientation in your face while the second picture does? How about a third picture of a black man, a white woman, and their child? Is that picture making the moral statement that it is okay for the races to mix?

It's a famliy because a man and a woman can reproduce together. A woman and a woman cannot reproduce. A man and a man cannot reproduce. It's like you've gone retarded.

HorhayAtAMD said:
Not to a kindergarten student. I don't think I ever thought of my parents as "sexual" beings until well past grade 6 and even then, I tried not to think about it too much!

Actually, I will disagree with the very statement that a family is a reproductive unit. A family is a support unit. My sisters feel closer to their step-dad than they do to their dad. My wife and I are considering adopting and will probably never reproduce but I don't think that will make us any less of a family.

But we already agreed they shouldn't do this in kindergarten. You're just asking the question.

A support unit is AA. A family is most definitely a reproductive unit.

rtwngAvngr said:
But we already agreed they shouldn't do this in kindergarten. You're just asking the question.

A support unit is AA. A family is most definitely a reproductive unit.
A family is more than a reproductive unit, but if you adopt, the child will not know the difference.

As I said, for a 5 year old, brought up by gays, whether through adoption, artificial insemination, surrogate, or what have you, my guess, less than 1 in a thousand.

HorhayAtAMD said:

With races and sexes mixing like they are today you're gonna have to have over a hundred pictures so we don't leave out anybody.

Powerman said:
What is sick is that there is actually some christian out there writing hot air such as this to justify infant genocide. It's not something you can defend.

I believe our discussion is over. I show you a bit of rational thinking regarding the issue and you back away with an emotional insult. Your mind is closed because your feelings dominate and rule your mind.

And btw, who are you to judge God?

nucular said:
Probably as a result of those people telling the rest of us how we should live. The "you are going to hell" thing is also a bit rude.

I take it you dont like people telling you the bridge is out ahead of you either?

I think the bitterness comes more from the fact that you cant find happiness in wickedness.

Powerman said:
Agnostic would probably be a better term for me because I don't completely rule out the existence of a God. But I was really speaking hypothetically there. From what I was taught about God he seemed pretty nice. Then I read the bible and found out that 1/3 of the trinity is an immoral murderer.

Considering God is by deffinition Good how can anything He does be immoral or evil? Kind of defeats the definition.

nucular said:
Religion should be taught at home, in church, and in private schools. Sexuality should be taught by parents. The schools are doing a poor job with the basics, such as language and math. When American kids can handle that (which appears will never happen) then we should start teaching optional things. Take all the crap out of the school, including DARE and all other unnecessary propaganda. Teach the kids how to read, study and think for themselves. I have no problems with politics and religion being discussed in current events classes as we do here as long as there is not an agenda. People are expecting school to fill all the voids in their children's upbringing when in fact it is not succeeding in the areas where it is relevant.

Holy crap. for once I agree with you. Its what ive been saying for years.

Powerman said:
What is sick is that there is actually some christian out there writing hot air such as this to justify infant genocide. It's not something you can defend.

Funny, you seem to disagree when you call it abortion.

ScreamingEagle said:
I believe our discussion is over. I show you a bit of rational thinking regarding the issue and you back away with an emotional insult. Your mind is closed because your feelings dominate and rule your mind.

And btw, who are you to judge God?

I think he missed the part where the Son of God willingly sacrificed Himself and then rose from the dead to bring anyone who ever lived and died back to life.

God orders death all the time. Do you think anyone would die if he didnt? Death is the punishment for sin. That is why we all die.

I know God will order my death someday. It's His choice when. And I know He will order me to rise again someday as well. He is the one who holds those keys. Why should anyone be upset with Him for doing what is His right and duty to do?

Why do you think He gives strict commandments on the taking and giving of life? Because that is His right. He is the one who paid for us with His blood.

Maybe one of these days people will stop judging God with their finite knowledge and come to God to learn and be healed by His Infinite knowledge and mercy.

Powerman said:
I've never understood how gays are forcing their lifestyles on people. And the whole condom s at school thing isn't a bad idea. Not giving out condoms isn't going to stop people from having sex. I'd rather them use condoms if they are going to do it.
If talking about gays and calling it normal in school isn't forcing their lifestyle on anyone, is talking about God in school forcing a Christian lifestyle on anyone? The aclu says it is forcing a lifestyle on our children. So turnaround is fair play to me. Don't talk about one if you can't talk about the other.

Merlin said:
If talking about gays and calling it normal in school isn't forcing their lifestyle on anyone, is talking about God in school forcing a Christian lifestyle on anyone? The aclu says it is forcing a lifestyle on our children. So turnaround is fair play to me. Don't talk about one if you can't talk about the other.

If someone yanks down your pants and sticks their boner in your buns to illustrate how gays have sex, THAT would be forcing their lifestyle on you. Being taught that they exist and are human beings with the same rights as everyone else is not forcing their lifestyle on you.

Merlin said:

Perfect analogy, Merlin.

Powerman said:
I see what you are saying. I have yet to see a case of this although it wouldn't surprise me. But that isn't forcing your lifestyle on someone. It's just letting people know that it is acceptable.

Would discussions of christianity in the classroom be given the same leeway? Hell no. It's not acceptable to the communists in charge of our educational system.

Considering God is by deffinition Good how can anything He does be immoral or evil? Kind of defeats the definition.

So you think that God ordering infant genocide is good? What about infant genocide could possibly be good? If the bible is accurate then God is a fucking asshole.

Funny, you seem to disagree when you call it abortion.

Why do you assume that I am for abortion? I think anyone that has an abortion is stupid immoral trash. You must be one of those people who thinks in simple absolute terms. I bet you think I'm some stupid left wing liberal that does nothing but smoke weed and bitch about guns.

Powerman said:
So you think that God ordering infant genocide is good? What about infant genocide could possibly be good? If the bible is accurate then God is a fucking asshole.

You really need to lay off the weed....God did not order "Infant Genocide" which I assume you are referring to Abortion...The ACLU,US Supreme Court Justices,and all the "Pro-Choice" people did...they are the ones who will have to answer to my Father!

archangel said:
You really need to lay off the weed....God did not order "Infant Genocide" which I assume you are referring to Abortion...The ACLU,US Supreme Court Justices,and all the "Pro-Choice" people did...they are the ones who will have to answer to my Father!

I don't smoke weed and God most certainly did order infant genocide. Maybe you need to read the bible again.

Forum List

Back