A couple of stupid Myths

Powerman said:
I don't smoke weed and God most certainly did order infant genocide. Maybe you need to read the bible again.

Read it three times from cover to cover....Are you referring to the Moses issue
and the Pharoa's dillema? If so what has this to do with modern times?

archangel said:
Read it three times from cover to cover....Are you referring to the Moses issue
and the Pharoa's dillema? If so what has this to do with modern times?

Actually I'm talking about when God ordered that all the Amalekite children be slaughtered. But I'm glad you brought up another case of infant genocide. I almost forgot about the time God killed the egyptian children. What a fucking asshole.

Powerman said:
Actually I'm talking about when God ordered that all the Amalekite children be slaughtered. But I'm glad you brought up another case of infant genocide. I almost forgot about the time God killed the egyptian children. What a fucking asshole.

what is it with you calling God a "fucking asshole" anyway...Why don't you see time in history about 1924-1934 when Turkey committed genocide on the Armenians...this would surely be more up to date for a political discussion...or do you just like to call my Father a "asshole" ? :blowup:

archangel said:
what is it with you calling God a "fucking asshole" anyway...Why don't you see time in history about 1924-1934 when Turkey committed genocide on the Armenians...this would surely be more up to date for a political discussion...or do you just like to call my Father a "asshole" ?

I'll call anyone that commits genocide an asshole. The Turkish in their time should be considered assholes. Hitler should be considered an asshole and the people that commited genocide in Rwanda are assholes. If there is any truth to these stories in the bible then God is an asshole. Genocide isn't good no matter who does it. If God commits genocide then I have a problem with God.

Archangel maybe you should stop hurling personal insults about me being a pot head(which are false by the way) and try to figure out why you worship a God that thinks infant genocide is OK.

Powerman said:
Archangel maybe you should stop hurling personal insults about me being a pot head(which are false by the way) and try to figure out why you worship a God that thinks infant genocide is OK.

In one of your previous posts you mentioned the word weed...I just played upon it...you seem to be a very bitter and paranoid individual thats all...goes along with those who abuse MJ and other drugs...*shrugg* as shattered likes to do...sorry shattered could not resist using one of your metaphors!

There ya go I corrected my spelling error... so sorry I made a mistake...like no one in here does from time to time!

I think you meant metaphor. I'm not one for grammar and spelling nazis but you butchered that one pretty bad. But that's not the point. We are talking about God and infant genocide. Since no rational person could defend such actions it's not surprising that you avoided the subject.

archangel said:
In one of your previous posts you mentioned the word weed...I just played upon it...you seem to be a very bitter and paranoid individual thats all...goes along with those who abuse MJ and other drugs...*shrugg* as shattered likes to do...sorry shattered could not resist using one of your medifors!

Since you just mentioned the word weed I will follow in your footsteps and continue to call you a pot head with no proof that you smoke it. See how stupid it sounds when you put it in perspective?

<i>**sneaks in**</i>

Shattered can spell, Arch. If you want to be her, you've got some brushing up to do.

<i>**sneaks out**</i>

Powerman said:
I think you meant metaphor. I'm not one for grammar and spelling nazis but you butchered that one pretty bad. But that's not the point. We are talking about God and infant genocide. Since no rational person could defend such actions it's not surprising that you avoided the subject.

YOU'RE the one who avoided the subject. :lalala:

ScreamingEagle said:
YOU'RE the one who avoided the subject. :lalala:

What kind of tortured logic would lead you to believe that. I was talking about the time God ordered Saul to commit genocide and kill young children and babies. Then he starts talking about my marijuana smoking habbit which doesn't exist. And somehow you come to the conclusion that I am avoiding the subject? Did you take your stupid pills today or something?

Powerman said:
Since you just mentioned the word weed I will follow in your footsteps and continue to call you a pot head with no proof that you smoke it. See how stupid it sounds when you put it in perspective?

You brought up the word "weed"...I just followed up and used it...never called you a pot head....not to be a reading 101 police, but I said you really need to lay off the weed!

GunnyL said:
ouch ...... :crutch:

Like everyone in here never makes a spelling error...I am not perfect and neither is anyone else! I usually go back and edit my mistakes...this time I had to run... things to do... so I forgot to recheck! Oh well
:whip3:

archangel said:
You brought up the word "weed"...I just followed up and used it...never called you a pot head....not to be a reading 101 police, but I said you really need to lay off the weed!

Telling someone who doesn't smoke weed to lay off the weed is rather stupid don't you think? The point is it's irrlevant to the discussion.

Powerman said:
What kind of tortured logic would lead you to believe that. I was talking about the time God ordered Saul to commit genocide and kill young children and babies. Then he starts talking about my marijuana smoking habbit which doesn't exist. And somehow you come to the conclusion that I am avoiding the subject? Did you take your stupid pills today or something?

Just saying over and over again that "no rational person could defend such actions" is not really talking about the subject. You are making a claim based solely on your emotions (at least so far) and you will not engage in any meaningful discourse regarding the issue but you continue to be quite liberal in damning God. Nobody can blame archangel for thinking you're a doped-out pothead. And I think it's about time you dropped the nasty attitude.

Powerman said:
Why do you assume that I am for abortion? I think anyone that has an abortion is stupid immoral trash. You must be one of those people who thinks in simple absolute terms. I bet you think I'm some stupid left wing liberal that does nothing but smoke weed and bitch about guns.

Powerman, are you a jew? Usually conservative jews act like you do about religion.

ScreamingEagle said:
Just saying over and over again that "no rational person could defend such actions" is not really talking about the subject. You are making a claim based solely on your emotions (at least so far) and you will not engage in any meaningful discourse regarding the issue but you continue to be quite liberal in damning God. Nobody can blame archangel for thinking you're a doped-out pothead. And I think it's about time you dropped the nasty attitude.

Well no one can defend such actions. I'm not basing this on emotion. I'm basing this on what the bible said. In the book of Samuel God ordered Saul to commit genocide on the Amalekites and kill all children and infants as well. I don't see why anyone would defend such nonsense. Archangel quickly changed the subject and started talking about me being a pot head. Sounds like someone is not prepared to confront the question to me.

Powerman said:
Well no one can defend such actions. I'm not basing this on emotion. I'm basing this on what the bible said. In the book of Samuel God ordered Saul to commit genocide on the Amalekites and kill all children and infants as well. I don't see why anyone would defend such nonsense. Archangel quickly changed the subject and started talking about me being a pot head. Sounds like someone is not prepared to confront the question to me.

It's not true that no one can defend such actions. I've already given you an excerpt from a link where people are logically and rationally defending such actions by God.

Obviously you choose to ignore them because you would rather wallow in your emotional hatred. I suspect you have other issues besides stories from the Old Testament.

ScreamingEagle said:
It's not true that no one can defend such actions. I've already given you an excerpt from a link where people are logically and rationally defending such actions by God.

Obviously you choose to ignore them because you would rather wallow in your emotional hatred. I suspect you have other issues besides stories from the Old Testament.

The rationality to the argument was weak. The entire premise of the argument is that theological tradition holds more weight to it than logical intuition. Killing children is wrong. I don't care if God did it or not you simply can not justify it and attempting to do so in such an idiotic round about manner as they did is simply sick.

Forum List

Back