Homosexuality and the Nazi Party

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
For the most part, I can't vouch for the accuracy of the following article. On the other hand, it was just so interesting, I thought I would post it anyway.

-snip-

The Homosexual Roots of the Nazi Party
The "gay rights" movement often portrays itself as an American phenomenon which arose from the civil rights movement of the 1950s. It is not uncommon to hear homosexualists (those both "gay" and "straight" who promote the legitimization of homosexuality) characterize "gay rights" as the natural third wave of civil rights activism (following blacks and women). In reality, however, Germany was the birthplace of "gay rights," and its legacy in that nation is truly alarming.

The "grandfather of gay rights" was a homosexual German lawyer named Karl Heinrich Ulrichs. Ulrichs had been molested at age 14 by his male riding instructor. Instead of attributing his adult homosexuality to the molestation, however, Ulrich devised in the 1860s what became known as the "third sex" theory of homosexuality. Ulrichs' model holds that male homosexuals are actually female souls trapped within male bodies. The reverse phenomenon supposedly explains lesbianism. Since homosexuality was an innate condition, reasoned Ulrichs, homosexual behavior should be decriminalized. An early follower of Ulrichs coined the term "homosexual" in an open letter to the Prussian Minister of Justice in 1869.

By the time Ulrichs died in 1895, the "gay rights" movement in Germany had gained considerable strength. Frederich Engels noted this in a letter to Karl Marx regarding Ulrich's efforts: "The pederasts start counting their numbers and discover they are a powerful group in our state. The only thing missing is an organization, but it seems to exist already, but it is hidden." After Ulrichs' death, the movement split into two separate and opposed factions. One faction followed Ulrichs' successor, Magnus Hirschfeld, who formed the Scientific Humanitarian Committee in 1897 and later opened the Institute for Sex Research in Berlin. The other faction was organized by Adolf Brand, publisher of the first homosexual magazine, Der Eigene (The Special). Brand, Benedict Friedlander and Wilhelm Janzen formed the Gemeinschaft der Eigenen (The Community of the Special) in 1902. What divided these groups was their concepts of masculinity. Ulrichs' theory embraced a feminine identity. His, and later Hirschfeld's, followers literally believed they were women trapped in men's bodies.

It's quite long, but here's the rest for those interested: Continued

rtwngAvngr said:
It seems like the early split in the movement was tops vs. bottoms.

Spooky. That's what I was thinking. More or less. The difference was in those who chose to take on the persona of the opposite sex. See, I told you I was onto something with that! :tng:

Said1 said:
Spooky. That's what I was thinking. More or less. The difference was in those who chose to take on the persona of the opposite sex. See, I told you I was onto something with that! :tng:

Yep. Nelly v. Butch

Ha! The Nazis either wanted to kill all the gays, or they were a gay movement. Gotta straighten this one out. I think basically anyone who wants to push any cause just finds a way to say, "Well, the Nazis supported that!" "I'm against breakfast. It should be banned. After all, HITLER ATE BREAKFAST EVERY DAY!"

Silly.

Forum List

Back