A Country/Hick White Guy That Gets It

I think he echos the sentiment of more whites than you want to believe. Most people I know, yes and they are primarily white people, are keen to the fact that being black in this country is more difficult than being white, and being a white male in this country generally makes life easier.
Judging from the posts and threads of your fellow white brethren on this forum. Is that the general conclusion you would make concerning them as well?

Apparently not, but this board is not a reasonable cross section of the people in the US. For example, Of the black friends and acquaintances I have, none every tell me I am guilty of repression or bigotry.

Apparently not, but this board is not a reasonable cross section of the people in the US. For example, Of the black friends and acquaintances I have, none every tell me I am guilty of repression or bigotry.
Well...you said it, not me. Thanks for your honesty.

Can we please just eliminate the race relations forum? It's nothing but denigrating and divisive

If you cannot discuss it in cyberspace.....then where can you discuss it? I mean, everyone has anonymity here. I cannot tell you how many other forums I have been banned from posting because I bring up the racial reality that people want to sweep under the run. Nearly always its a forum that white people dominate and who flag post because it makes them feel uncomfortable. I was posting on a city forum that is one of the most segregated cities and metro areas in the country.....yet....race was implicitly off topic, which is BS. They banned me as a result, despite the fact that most of the things I talked about was not race on that forum.

No one is without bias. I am biased in the fact that I don't want to entertain the theory that blacks are innately inferior and that is why we lag behind others socioeconomically. I don't want to see black people as inferior. I have no way of KNOWING one way or the other. That is above my pay grade. However, I deeply BELIEVE that it is not true and I WANT it not to be true and hence I am sure I am guilty of confirmation bias by only entertaining, looking for and accepting arguments and theories to support my belief.

On the other hand, there are whites who believe that blacks are inferior, who also have no way of KNOWING whether its true or not. They are not going to accept any theory or argument that asserts that blacks are not inherently unequal. Then there is another group of whites who do not want to see whites as having been EVIL. Hence, slavery and black oppression in the country hurts the collective historical image of whites in this country. Black inequality would be a reminder of unless deflected by the argument that the inequality is born from black innate inferiority as opposed to what white society did to blacks over the centuries.

Here is the thing. None of us KNOW!!!! We just trust SOURCES and choose to believe a source if it confirms our biases. Hence, when we speak we are simply speaking our BELIEFS, regardless of statistics or what have you. Statistics are just observations and not explanations. I want to believe that black are inherently equal. Others want to believe that blacks are inferior. They are mutually exclusive beliefs. There is NO compromise.

It sucks that instead of a real born in America black President, we have to settle for the cheap "Born in Kenya" knockoff.

And you say America is racist?? Based on what????

We've never had an Italian President and you never hear us whining about racism or discrimination
Italian isnt a race dumbfuck.
Neither are Irish, Portuguese, Greek, Polish, Swedish, German, Mexican, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and etc. They certainly have been defined as races. Whites were the preferred slaves of the Ottoman. Africans don't have a monopoly on bad treatment although there seem to be some who wallow in the pain of their ancestors.

But you are not living in the Ottoman's empire.....are you?
Forests' mama was right, "stupid is as stupid does". I do believe she was talking about you.

I think he echos the sentiment of more whites than you want to believe. Most people I know, yes and they are primarily white people, are keen to the fact that being black in this country is more difficult than being white, and being a white male in this country generally makes life easier.
Judging from the posts and threads of your fellow white brethren on this forum. Is that the general conclusion you would make concerning them as well?

Here is the problem with that type of reasoning. It assumes that all thoughts are.....expressed. People often don't feel comfortable expressing certain thoughts and any black person who has been around whites should know that race talk makes whites uncomfortable and that whites often misinterpret a conversation about white racism as a PERSONAL indictment against them. In other words, many white have a problem with separating conversations about whites and racism.....from being personally accused of being racist. Thus, black people often don't discuss such things because it can potentially strain relationships that they value.

I call them like I see them. I don’t assume just because you are white like me, that you think like me. You on the other hand, see a white person and assume they are a racist bigot.

I call them like I see them. I don’t assume just because you are white like me, that you think like me. You on the other hand, see a white person and assume they are a racist bigot.

What evidence do you have that such is how he thinks when he sees a white person?

If you call it like you see it, then please tell me where have you ever saw me state or suggest anything like the bolded?

If you call it like you see it, then please tell me where have you ever saw me state or suggest anything like the bolded?

They have to retell us/narrate into people that match their emotions/feelings for us, in order to justify their emotions/feelings as opposed to changing their emotions/feelings about us to match the reality of us.

Hardly. Some youtube rube with an opinion doesn't raise much interest for me. They're a dime a dozen.

For all I know, he might be an Australian mimicking Southern accents and spewing the Harvard line.
Yeah, THAT'S likely.

boy-rolling-eyes-sarcasm.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Hardly. Some youtube rube with an opinion doesn't raise much interest for me. They're a dime a dozen.

For all I know, he might be an Australian mimicking Southern accents and spewing the Harvard line.
Yeah, THAT'S likely.

The unlikely is ofttimes the truth.
Not in the realm of mathematical probability, but I guess one would have to know your definition of "ofttimes". Ofttimes people win the lottery.

“According to the Anti-Defamation League, the Nation of Islam "has maintained a consistent record of anti-Semitism and racism since its founding in the 1930s."[60]
You mean you don know the history of your own beliefs as a member of the Nation of Islam?

You either lie or...

In this video essay, he addresses the topic of what it is to be black in America w/surprisingly deep insights,

Check it out and share your thoughts....

As I thought, you're a racist

-Geaux
What's racist?

Yeah, THAT'S likely.

The unlikely is ofttimes the truth.
Not in the realm of mathematical probability, but I guess one would have to know your definition of "ofttimes". Ofttimes people win the lottery.

Thank you for your support.

In this video essay, he addresses the topic of what it is to be black in America w/surprisingly deep insights,

Want to have fun, grow up black in a all white town. Have fun asking you Mom why there are no colored people around. Well you don't talk like them, you don't think like them, you get a great education tho.

My wife grew up in a all white town. She dislikes white people to this day.

Just out of curiosity, was her town in the south?

Want to have fun, grow up black in a all white town. Have fun asking you Mom why there are no colored people around. Well you don't talk like them, you don't think like them, you get a great education tho.

My wife grew up in a all white town. She dislikes white people to this day.

Just out of curiosity, was her town in the south?

No. Northern CA. My in laws are from the south though and her father cant stand white people. Its the weirdest thing. All his neighbors are white and he is always cussin them out. They love him though. :laugh:

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Lysistrata shared, "The guy in this video voiced an idea that I have always held that slavery erased the individual ethnic heritages of the African-descended people who were enslaved in the U.S. and that, since they were grouped only on the basis of their origin on the African continent and the color(s) of their skin, for the purpose of treating them as inferior outsiders, this was the only identity available."

Hello, Lysistrata. In your opinion, should an American born citizen be upset with his or her Polish born grandfather and American born grandmother for erasing or diluting his or her heritage, when grandpa who emigrated to the USA, married and made babies with an American born woman of Irish/French/Canadian descent?

Peace.

I really don't know what you mean. I experienced my father's Irish heritage and my mother's Russian-Polish heritage. The experience that I was describing that I speculate that African-Americans must have gone through: that slave owners (outsiders) would not allow different African languages to be spoken, and would not allow the traditions of different African cultures to be practiced, including the establishment of enduring wedding bonds according to their native traditions. Families were separated according to outsiders' whims.

Something similar happened to Native American Peoples in the U.S. The ones who were not murdered were denied the observance of their traditional rites, according to tribe, and their children were deposited in "Indian schools, where their native languages and cultural practices were forbidden.

It’s who you are as a poster, and I’ll admit, you along with IM2 are forever OPing topics which pu

It is my impression. An impression made by reading your post that all seem to be about whites, Republicans and conservatives being racist. I’m not a Republican but I would call myself conservative, and I find myself feeling attacked by association.

Forum List

Back