A Country/Hick White Guy That Gets It

The thing is there was hillybilly who spoke about racism and told the truth

Many people have probably saw it as it went viral.

But frankly I don't give a sh*t.

They describe racism but they never talk about doing anything about it.

It’s who you are as a poster, and I’ll admit, you along with IM2 are forever OPing topics which pu
OPing topics which what?

It is my impression. An impression made by reading your post that all seem to be about whites, Republicans and conservatives being racist. I’m not a Republican but I would call myself conservative, and I find myself feeling attacked by association.
They are about CERTAIN whites, most of which seem to coincidentally reside mostly on the Republican and self-professed conservative side. If you feel attacked, I might suggest that it may be applicable to you. If not, why would you feel attacked?

Honestly BuckToothMoron, do you not see these elements that I, and my brothers online, speak about on inhabiting your side of the political spectrum?

Do you not notice that not one, single, solitary white Democrat or self-professed liberal ever has any problems with my posts and OPs? Why do you think that is? I suggest that it's because they KNOW it DOESN'T apply to them. Think about it.

Last edited:
Bucktooth can just stop crying. Their OPS are all about blacks and democrats so he can just be quiet.

It’s who you are as a poster, and I’ll admit, you along with IM2 are forever OPing topics which pu
OPing topics which what?

It is my impression. An impression made by reading your post that all seem to be about whites, Republicans and conservatives being racist. I’m not a Republican but I would call myself conservative, and I find myself feeling attacked by association.
They are about CERTAIN whites, most of which seem to coincidentally reside mostly on the Republican and self-professed conservative side. If you feel attacked, I might suggest that it may be applicable to you. If not, why would you feel attacked?

If you feel attacked by people discussing the scourge of black gang bangers in inner cities it’s because it applies to you, clearly.

Dems pander to the black voter, no doubt about it. They don’t have the nerve to call out the leaders of the black community who have enriched themselves while not advancing the cause. The Sharptons, J Jeacksons, Farrakhans make their living thru unsettled race relations, and their stock and trade is white guilt. The Dems seem to respond exceptionally well to being guilted. My conscience is clear, I don’t harbor any ill will toward the black race, but I am greatly disturbed by many, probably most of your leaders.

No doubt there are ignorant racist, and yep, they primarily identify themselves as Republican. But guess what, go around the inner city and ask the gang bangers what side of the aisle they are on, they’re are just as many racist on the left as there are on the right, they are just bigoted towards different people.

Honestly BuckToothMoron, do you not see these elements that I, and my brothers online, speak about on inhabiting your side of the political spectrum?

Do you not notice that not one, single, solitary white Democrat or self-professed liberal ever has any problems with my posts and OPs? Why do you think that is? I suggest that it's because they KNOW it DOESN'T apply to them. Think about it.

OPing topics which what?

Of course I see it, there are ignorant racist, and why you engage with them is beyond me. Why bother, you’re not going to change them. America has racist people of all sizes shapes and colors, and I suspect it always will. I have watched J.Jackson, J. Wright, Farrakhan and other black leaders speak about the plight of the black community, and lay the blame at white people’s feet, ive seen these men do this for years while achieving very little for the blacks. We had courageous leaders like King and MX, who sacrificed and toiled, did the heavy lifting to make giant leaps. I don’t see enough leaders of the black community telling they blacks they have to do better, that They have to stop having babies as teenagers, they need to have strong family units, they need to take pride in their neighborhoods. Former black activist got them on the bus, so to speak, but current black leaders are not telling them the doors are open and it’s their responsibility to walk in. I’m not going to pretend that a black man has the same road as a white man, nope, it’s harder. But traveling a hard road makes you stronger? Bery few black leaders today empower blacks, they tell them they are victims which cripples them.

Of course I see it, there are ignorant racist, and why you engage with them is beyond me. Why bother, you’re not going to change them. America has racist people of all sizes shapes and colors, and I suspect it always will. I have watched J.Jackson, J. Wright, Farrakhan and other black leaders speak about the plight of the black community, and lay the blame at white people’s feet, ive seen these men do this for years while achieving very little for the blacks. We had courageous leaders like King and MX, who sacrificed and toiled, did the heavy lifting to make giant leaps. I don’t see enough leaders of the black community telling they blacks they have to do better, that They have to stop having babies as teenagers, they need to have strong family units, they need to take pride in their neighborhoods. Former black activist got them on the bus, so to speak, but current black leaders are not telling them the doors are open and it’s their responsibility to walk in. I’m not going to pretend that a black man has the same road as a white man, nope, it’s harder. But traveling a hard road makes you stronger? Bery few black leaders today empower blacks, they tell them they are victims which cripples them.
Where do you expect to see them? And who would they be? When last have you attended a black church? They speak on these very issues, with these very messages weekly, constantly really. Black pastors, elders and local leaders all over the country. Constantly.

It is better to say you don't know, than to say they aren't.

Can you understand how upsetting it would be for a black person to see someone (especially a white person) expressing these sentiments as you are, when it's 100% false?

Can you understand how that comes across as them being racist?

Remember how Republicans, pretty much to a man, derided Obama being a "community leader?" (And this was from the outset, the very beginning, before they/or anyone knew little to nothing about the man. ) What types of messages do you think these community leaders are espousing?

Can you see now, in hindsight, how those sentiments communicated racism to blacks?

Last edited:
OPing topics which what?

Apparently you have spent no time in black communities. And the reality is both King and X did hold whites responsible for what they did. But the groundwork was done for hem by others like Garvey, McLeod Bethune, Dubois, etc. The X and King you talk about did not exist. Joh Lewis nd Jackson who were there with King get disrespected by whites like you for continuing the fight and you think you can tell us about King.

Last year whites has about 10,000 more children out of wedlock than blacks had children in total. The black unwed birth rate is due to the fact married blacks are not having children. 50 percent of white marriages end in divorce and most inner city property is owned by whites. All those doors you say are open aren't. And this is the problem with you as a white man providing us your opinion of what you think blacks should do.

It 's funny how whites like you choose to see things. Poor whites have hollered for years about being oppressed by the elite and nobody tells them how embarrassed they are because they complain. While this is done no one hears, reads or see any other white person lecturing about a victim mentality. Instead, they get listened to and the damages they complain about get looked into and worked on. The 2016 election is a prime example. The alleged reason for the defeat of Clinton was that she did not listen to the needs of working class whites in rust belt states. Whites who had a median income higher than blacks, unemployment and poverty lower than blacks. No one saw anyone representing these communities running around telling each other they had a victim mentality and needed to be victors. Instead republicans told us that the democratic party forgot these people and were concerned only with the ”urban” population.

Why Can’t We All Just Be Individuals?: Countering the Discourse of Individualism in Anti-racist Education
2010 Author(s): DiAngelo, Robin J

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

escholarship.org/uc/item/5fm4h8wm

In this video essay, he addresses the topic of what it is to be black in America w/surprisingly deep insights,

Check it out and share your thoughts....

As I thought, you're a racist

-Geaux
What's racist?

Calling a white guy from the south a "hick". You're culture is so racist you forget you're being racist when you use bigoted terms.

Blacks from the rural south are called hicks.

In this video essay, he addresses the topic of what it is to be black in America w/surprisingly deep insights,

As I thought, you're a racist

-Geaux
What's racist?

Calling a white guy from the south a "hick". You're culture is so racist you forget you're being racist when you use bigoted terms.

I've seen black kids call white kids "nigga". Doesnt mean it isnt a racist word.

Where do you expect to see them? And who would they be? When last have you attended a black church? They speak on these very issues, with these very messages weekly, constantly really. Black pastors, elders and local leaders all over the country. Constantly.

It is better to say you don't know, than to say they aren't.

Can you understand how upsetting it would be for a black person to see someone (especially a white person) expressing these sentiments as you are, when it's 100% false?

Can you understand how that comes across as them being racist?

Remember how Republicans, pretty much to a man, derided Obama being a "community leader?" (And this was from the outset, the very beginning, before they/or anyone knew little to nothing about the man. ) What types of messages do you think these community leaders are espousing?

Can you see now, in hindsight, how those sentiments communicated racism to blacks?

Short answer, no I can’t understand because I haven’t lived it. And I don’t go to church, White,Black or other. I base this on the vocal leaders I mentioned, the ones who get their spots on prime time, and I don’t hear rebuttals from the quiet leaders you described. Instead I see the rallies in the streets when the “ you are a victim “ leaders turn up.

The image of a community organizer in my eyes as a white male in America- a person who “helps” others access government money. Wrong or right, that is my impression.

I don’t deal with race issues in my everyday life, but neither do the Mexicans or Blacks with whom I socialize. It’s just rarely something we talk about, and we talk about politics, other issues, sports etc. Within 1 block of my house in my neighborhood we have at least 2 lesbian couples, 2 Jewish families, 2 or 3 Greeks, 2 black families, and I think we have a Muslim, but don’t hold me to that. We don’t have any race issues however. That’s in suburban Denver.

Apparently you have spent no time in black communities. And the reality is both King and X did hold whites responsible for what they did. But the groundwork was done for hem by others like Garvey, McLeod Bethune, Dubois, etc. The X and King you talk about did not exist. Joh Lewis nd Jackson who were there with King get disrespected by whites like you for continuing the fight and you think you can tell us about King.

Last year whites has about 10,000 more children out of wedlock than blacks had children in total. The black unwed birth rate is due to the fact married blacks are not having children. 50 percent of white marriages end in divorce and most inner city property is owned by whites. All those doors you say are open aren't. And this is the problem with you as a white man providing us your opinion of what you think blacks should do.

It 's funny how whites like you choose to see things. Poor whites have hollered for years about being oppressed by the elite and nobody tells them how embarrassed they are because they complain. While this is done no one hears, reads or see any other white person lecturing about a victim mentality. Instead, they get listened to and the damages they complain about get looked into and worked on. The 2016 election is a prime example. The alleged reason for the defeat of Clinton was that she did not listen to the needs of working class whites in rust belt states. Whites who had a median income higher than blacks, unemployment and poverty lower than blacks. No one saw anyone representing these communities running around telling each other they had a victim mentality and needed to be victors. Instead republicans told us that the democratic party forgot these people and were concerned only with the ”urban” population.

Why Can’t We All Just Be Individuals?: Countering the Discourse of Individualism in Anti-racist Education
2010 Author(s): DiAngelo, Robin J

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

escholarship.org/uc/item/5fm4h8wm

POWERFUL!!! Just...powerful!

applause_01_the_rock_clapping_animated_gif.gif

Short answer, no I can’t understand because I haven’t lived it. And I don’t go to church, White,Black or other. I base this on the vocal leaders I mentioned, the ones who get their spots on prime time, and I don’t hear rebuttals from the quiet leaders you described. Instead I see the rallies in the streets when the “ you are a victim “ leaders turn up.

The image of a community organizer in my eyes as a white male in America- a person who “helps” others access government money. Wrong or right, that is my impression.

I don’t deal with race issues in my everyday life, but neither do the Mexicans or Blacks with whom I socialize. It’s just rarely something we talk about, and we talk about politics, other issues, sports etc. Within 1 block of my house in my neighborhood we have at least 2 lesbian couples, 2 Jewish families, 2 or 3 Greeks, 2 black families, and I think we have a Muslim, but don’t hold me to that. We don’t have any race issues however. That’s in suburban Denver.
Your response doesn't surprise me.

Basically.

Although "hicks" predominantly are white country folk, the term doesn't refer to the EXCLUSIVELY.

There's really no equivalent to the bigoted, racist and derogatory terms that the dominant society foisted on enslaved blacks.

It's disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Want to have fun, grow up black in a all white town. Have fun asking you Mom why there are no colored people around. Well you don't talk like them, you don't think like them, you get a great education tho.

We were the last white family in an all black school. It’s made me more aware of how a black person feels in an all white room. We have our first black working at my company. I’m taking him out to lunch tomorrow.

I’m sorry but I stopped it half way through. Boring. Bullshit. Didn’t see where he was going half way thru. What was so enlightening or insightful?

Just wondering; can't we just look at people's CHARACTER. The colour stuff is just a load of tosh.

Greg

Your response doesn't surprise me.
And yours doesn’t surprise me. Very dismissive. If Someone doesn’t accept your view, they are wrong and you have no use for them. Yep, not surprised at all.

Forum List

Back