A Country/Hick White Guy That Gets It

Apparently you have spent no time in black communities. And the reality is both King and X did hold whites responsible for what they did. But the groundwork was done for hem by others like Garvey, McLeod Bethune, Dubois, etc. The X and King you talk about did not exist. Joh Lewis nd Jackson who were there with King get disrespected by whites like you for continuing the fight and you think you can tell us about King.

Last year whites has about 10,000 more children out of wedlock than blacks had children in total. The black unwed birth rate is due to the fact married blacks are not having children. 50 percent of white marriages end in divorce and most inner city property is owned by whites. All those doors you say are open aren't. And this is the problem with you as a white man providing us your opinion of what you think blacks should do.

It 's funny how whites like you choose to see things. Poor whites have hollered for years about being oppressed by the elite and nobody tells them how embarrassed they are because they complain. While this is done no one hears, reads or see any other white person lecturing about a victim mentality. Instead, they get listened to and the damages they complain about get looked into and worked on. The 2016 election is a prime example. The alleged reason for the defeat of Clinton was that she did not listen to the needs of working class whites in rust belt states. Whites who had a median income higher than blacks, unemployment and poverty lower than blacks. No one saw anyone representing these communities running around telling each other they had a victim mentality and needed to be victors. Instead republicans told us that the democratic party forgot these people and were concerned only with the ”urban” population.

Why Can’t We All Just Be Individuals?: Countering the Discourse of Individualism in Anti-racist Education
2010 Author(s): DiAngelo, Robin J

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

escholarship.org/uc/item/5fm4h8wm

POWERFUL!!! Just...powerful!

applause_01_the_rock_clapping_animated_gif.gif
"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, "

Most whites couldn't give a damn about colour; just tosh!!

Greg

And yours doesn’t surprise me. Very dismissive. If Someone doesn’t accept your view, they are wrong and you have no use for them. Yep, not surprised at all.
Actually, it was your response that showed me that we just won't see eye to eye, fundamentally.

When you said, "No I can't", when I asked "can you see how..?", that was that.

I don't know what else to tell you.

Apparently you have spent no time in black communities. And the reality is both King and X did hold whites responsible for what they did. But the groundwork was done for hem by others like Garvey, McLeod Bethune, Dubois, etc. The X and King you talk about did not exist. Joh Lewis nd Jackson who were there with King get disrespected by whites like you for continuing the fight and you think you can tell us about King.

Last year whites has about 10,000 more children out of wedlock than blacks had children in total. The black unwed birth rate is due to the fact married blacks are not having children. 50 percent of white marriages end in divorce and most inner city property is owned by whites. All those doors you say are open aren't. And this is the problem with you as a white man providing us your opinion of what you think blacks should do.

It 's funny how whites like you choose to see things. Poor whites have hollered for years about being oppressed by the elite and nobody tells them how embarrassed they are because they complain. While this is done no one hears, reads or see any other white person lecturing about a victim mentality. Instead, they get listened to and the damages they complain about get looked into and worked on. The 2016 election is a prime example. The alleged reason for the defeat of Clinton was that she did not listen to the needs of working class whites in rust belt states. Whites who had a median income higher than blacks, unemployment and poverty lower than blacks. No one saw anyone representing these communities running around telling each other they had a victim mentality and needed to be victors. Instead republicans told us that the democratic party forgot these people and were concerned only with the ”urban” population.

Why Can’t We All Just Be Individuals?: Countering the Discourse of Individualism in Anti-racist Education
2010 Author(s): DiAngelo, Robin J

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are the least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

escholarship.org/uc/item/5fm4h8wm

POWERFUL!!! Just...powerful!

applause_01_the_rock_clapping_animated_gif.gif
"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, "

Bullshit

And yours doesn’t surprise me. Very dismissive. If Someone doesn’t accept your view, they are wrong and you have no use for them. Yep, not surprised at all.
Actually, it was your response that showed me that we just won't see eye to eye, fundamentally.

When you said, "No I can't", when I asked "can you see how..?", that was that.

I don't know what else to tell you.

I can’t because I’m not black. Can you tell me how a child feels becoming an orphan when their parents die? Nope, not unless you are an orphan.

Forum List

Back