A Blowout in the Making

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
A BLOWOUT IN THE MAKING

March 24, 2004 -- THE Bush ads are working: Two weeks ago, the Washington Post poll showed Sen. John Kerry ahead of President Bush by 11 points, and the Gallup Poll had him up by 8, while more recent polls reflect a dead heat between the two.
Zogby (March 21) has Kerry up by only 48-46, and Rasmussen (March 20) has it Bush 46, Kerry 45.

Interestingly, the new surveys don't show Bush gain ing so much as they show Kerry dropping. In the odd configurations of political strategy, that is good news for the Republicans.

If Bush were simply gaining because of good news or a bump from the recent focus on terrorism, he could go down as easily as he went up. Let the news turn bad, and Bush would go back to the low ratings of a few weeks ago.

But with the gap closing because of Kerry's drop, the impact is likely to last a lot longer. The fact is that 6 to 9 percent of Americans were voting for the Democrat two weeks ago and now are undecided. The doubts that Bush's ads are raising about Kerry are not going to go away; they will grow as the ads continue and the facts pile up.

The polls are starting to reflect the effectiveness of Bush's ads, which depict Kerry explaining his ultra-liberal record to the voters. This Democrat, who escaped scrutiny by posing as the un-Dean in the primary, is now being revealed as the leftist he is.

Having defeated the three candidates of his party who might have beaten Bush - Wesley Clark, Joe Lieberman and John Edwards - Kerry is finding out that America is a centrist nation.

I have doubted the conventional wisdom that this election would be close. If Bush continues to stay on the offensive and Kerry's responses remain as inept as they've been, the Massachusetts Democrat will go downhill faster than he is now doing on his skiing vacation.

Bush's attacks have focused on the issues of terrorism and taxes. Kerry has not even answered the first charge and has given only a ritualistic denial of the second. Instead of answering Bush's charges in detail, he piously asks, in his ads, if the president has anything more to offer America than negative ads. But Americans don't see the Bush ads as below the belt, but as welcome information about a man they don't know who is running for president.

Indeed, the latest New York Times/CBS survey indicates that 60 percent of the voters feel Kerry is telling them what they want to hear, not what he really believes. Bush is opening a credibility gap which is only widened by Kerry's ridiculous statement that he voted for the $87 billion appropriation for the war effort before he voted against it.

In the next round of attack ads, Bush should focus on Kerry's previous support for a 50 cent increase in the gasoline tax. Remember, it was the gas tax, more than any other issue, that cost the Democrats control of Congress in 1994. With pump prices closing in on $2 a gallon, Americans will not look kindly on someone who proposes to add another half-dollar per gallon.

Full article

I noticed the same thing today while watching "special report." Bush was trailing a month ago and know it's a dead heat. Goes to show that it was the presidents non-action that helped Kerry's numbers and it's the presidents actions that hurt Kerry's numbers. Keep the punches coming, anyyou guys seen the new add? Get 'em W!

Grab 'em by the nose and kick 'em the whole way to (massuchucettes(sp?)"

Good show "special report", I won't have an easy oppurtunity to see a Bush ad. Idaho is a lock, ad dollars will be spent in other areas.

Personally I think there is going to be a very easy blow out election unless something dramatic happens before november to change things.

Bush is a strong leader. He has a direction for this country. he is strong on the war on terror, the economy, morality and other areas. He inspires Americans to better themselves and serve others.

Kerry quite frankly isnt strong at any of these. He isnt a strong leader, he doesnt lead. He does whatever he thinks will further his political career not whats in the best interest of the nation. He may have served for four months in Vietnam but his post war record is less then desire with his support for the communist control of Southeast Asia. the slashing of the military and intelligence, his refusal to go after Saddam in 92 etc. Kerry hasnt even really authored any legislation during his several decades in the Senate. What kind of leadership is this?

Bush is the clear choice. especially if the Economy is much strong in november. This will be a blowout on Reagan/Carter/Mondale Proportions. I dont know of Pat Robertson really heard that from God, but personally i dont think you need God to tell you this is going to be a landslide to see the political writing on the wall. I hope you Democrats remember what we are saying here now and start questioning how you guys were so wrong after the election. We need real debate in politics or this nation is in trouble.

I do not pay any attention to polls. They change as often as the weather. It also depends on how the question was phrased to the person - I have seen where a poll phrased a question a certain way but the answer, based on the question, was not a true reflection of what the result was - if that makes any sense.

In the end, the one thing I think that bothers would be Kerry voters is that they really are asking themselves, what does Kerry plan to do with the country? They know he can throw accusations at republicans, he calls them liars (as though he himself were the example of truth telling - or anyone else for that matter) at the same time he doesn't come clean with his own faults. He uses Vietnam as his launching pad for this race yet he turned his nose up at his country by tossing his medals over a fence....

I have seen a side of Kerry that is uglier than I thought....the first was during a debate and one of the candidates misunderstood the question asked by the reporter and began answering something that made no sense - in any event - the camera backed up and showed JK standing there, leaning against his post and laughing at his competetors answer. I thought he disgustingly unprofessional...meanwhile the other candidates kept their cool.

People see these things and all that reflects off the man is negativeness. Sort of like being in school when the bullies would torment someone and one has to ask why? Is it because the man has nothing positive to offer? -And - if he can degrade his own countrymen how on earth will he deal with foreign affairs? I think these are questions that are starting to concern his supporters.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Not on my POS of a computer.:p: , but thanks for the tip.

Then I have a bargain for you ;)

although it is Idaho, shipping would be OUCH!! what do you have for a computer now?

In the end, the one thing I think that bothers would be Kerry voters is that they really are asking themselves, what does Kerry plan to do with the country?

Ive heard that Kerry announced some of his economic plan today. He plans on lowering taxes. I think Bush should call his Bluff. If Kerry thinks the tax cuts he wants will benefit the nation, may as well benefit the nation now than wait 7 months right? So my challenge to Senator Kerry is to go to the Senate and create a bill to propose his tax cuts. I have no doubt the President will sign such a bill.

Of course that means Kerry would actually have to show up for work sometime this year.

If you think this will be a blowout election you have your head up your derrier. This will be an extremely close race. I think John Kerry will win. Bush is running massive numbers of attack ads, right now John Kerry isn't responding in kind. He's being smart enough to hold back his money. This will be a close race, unless there is some sort of massive scandal one way or the other.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
Bush is running massive numbers of attack ads, right now John Kerry isn't responding in kind.

What a crock of shit. Where are these "massive" amounts of ads? Bush has only released 9 ads on television and only 3 dealt with Kerry.

And Kerry isn't responding in kind? :laugh:

That's ALL he's done since he has started his campaign! I've yet to see just one person give me any reason to vote for Kerry, even though it's been asked here countless times. Bashing Bush isn't going to win him the presidency. He's offered us nothing else except for tax increases.

I live in a battle ground state, and the Bush campaign is running attack ads constantly. The only ads attacking Bush are from The Media Fund, not the Kerry Campaign. The number of ads maybe three, but they are running them constantly.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
I live in a battle ground state, and the Bush campaign is running attack ads constantly. The only ads attacking Bush are from The Media Fund, not the Kerry Campaign. The number of ads maybe three, but they are running them constantly.

acludem

Well I wouldn't call three ads being run a bunch of times to be a "massive" amount. I thought they were quite accurate too.

I live in a battle ground state, and the Bush campaign is running attack ads constantly.

Thats funny aclu... I also live in a battleground state ane I havent seen any. I've seen one ad with a negative message about Kerry. Truth hurts, I guess.

If America is a centrist nation and the voters vote accordingly then why is george w bush president? He certainly is not a centrist. He's far to right to be called such. Why is it both the House and Senate are both controlled by the republicans if this is a centrist nation?

Originally posted by jakepi
If America is a centrist nation and the voters vote accordingly then why is george w bush president? He certainly is not a centrist. He's far to right to be called such. Why is it both the House and Senate are both controlled by the republicans if this is a centrist nation?
Because of election results.

I wonder if this poll took into account the Kerry Democrats who are going to vote FOR Kerry before the vote AGAINST him before they vote FOR him before they accidentally vote for Joe Walsh........then demand a recount.........THREE TIMES!

Because of election results.

I hate to take the wind out of sails, but with an electoral college, it doesn't matter how the people vote. There is no requirement for the electoral college to select the person for office that the people want. You are just fed that pablum from the media.

Originally posted by NewGuy
I hate to take the wind out of sails, but with an electoral college, it doesn't matter how the people vote. There is no requirement for the electoral college to select the person for office that the people want. You are just fed that pablum from the media.
O.k. that is for one elected office, the House and the Senate where also in question. Currently the majority is with Republicans because of election results. Also can you site a time when the electoral college went against the votes of the states to elect a president.

O.k. that is for one elected office, the House and the Senate where also in question. Currently the majority is with Republicans because of election results. Also can you site a time when the electoral college went against the votes of the states to elect a president.

1. In regard to the house and senate offices, we all know deals go back and forth and lots of media bias flies to decieve the masses. Of course, the masses still put these people in office, the question is whether or not the chosen ones are there under false pretenses.

2. The majority may be with republicans because of election results, but how many republicans are true republicans without compromise? Compromise makes a republican liberal.

3. Can I name a time when the electoral college went against the votes of the states? -Since I have never bothered to look at the specifics to have dates handy, I will have to look that one up.

It DOES NOT change the reality of the situation of what the requirement IS, however.

Forum List

Back