A BIG Lie is being Spread in MA about the senate race and voting

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
A lot of people here in MA are being told that if they are a registered democrat and they vote for brown their vote will not count.

That is a bad rumor and a lie.

It stems from how our voting system is set up in this state.

In our state primary elections if you are a registered democrat you can not vote for a republican. If you are a registered republican you can not vote for a democrat. Hence our very large independant voting block (more independants than dems and reps combined).

However in the main election you can vote for either canidate regardless of what party you are registered as.

I heard a lady on the radio this morning say "I wish I could vote for Scott Brown but I'm a registered democrat and that means my vote wont count" The guy set her straight but then he said that they have got a ton of calls of the very same nature.'

Just wanted to put the truth out there for any MA democrats on the forum that didn't know this already....now vote for change and scott :D

A lot of people here in MA are being told that if they are a registered democrat and they vote for brown their vote will not count.

In our state primary elections if you are a registered democrat you can not vote for a republican. If you are a registered republican you can not vote for a democrat. Hence our very large independant voting block (more independants than dems and reps combined).

However in the main election you can vote for either canidate regardless of what party you are registered as.

I heard a lady on the radio this morning say "I wish I could vote for Scott Brown but I'm a registered democrat and that means my vote wont count" The guy set her straight but then he said that they have got a ton of calls of the very same nature.'

Just wanted to put the truth out there for any MA democrats on the forum that didn't know this already....now vote for change and scott :D

Jeeze. Unbelievable. HOpe they all vote for Brown.

Most Americans want to see another Coakley thug roughing up a reporter! Can you make that happen? We already know Brown is gonna lose in 'Kennedy-land'.

are demoncwats so uneducated that they believe this?? unbelievable, that's why this country is screwed.

You would have to be a Grade A moron to believe that.

Well we do re-elect barney frank all the time so as a state ;).

Barney Frank has never been on any ballot handed to me in MA ...

But I get your point.

So ........

Are you serving Kool Aid at the card game this weekend? :razz:

But I get your point.

So ........

WITH ICE :D

kool-aid-man.jpg

I've heard 5 different people call into the local radio shows in the last 3 days saying they would vote for scott but they can't because they registered as Dems :D

“As opposed to standing outside Fenway Park? In the cold? Shaking hands?’’ she fires back, in an apparent reference to a Brown online video of him doing just that. “This is a special election. And I know that I have the support of Kim Driscoll. And I now know the members of the [Salem] School Committee, who know far more people than I could ever meet.’’ Martha Coakley

Why Scott Brown is Competitive in the Massachusetts Senate Race - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

I agree with the article that Martha Coakley has run a terrible campaign and not to mention the fact she is a very poor candidate to begin with. Scott Borwn has has 59 public events as opposed to 19 for Coakley even though she has more money that he does. She just assumed that she was the annointed one and left it at that and now she finds herself in a race that should have be a lock for a a halfway decent democrat in very blue state. Even two of the states largest police Unions are backing Brown in this race and one of them is an affiliate of SEIU. While Coakley is hop nobbing with D.C. lobby groups and special interest groups Brown appears to be actualy running a campaign in the state where it counts. So while many would be shocked to say the least if Brown wins, myself included, even if he comes close at all it may suggest to the Democrats that unless they field better candidates , states like , Nv. , Fl. , ND, and others will be way beyond their reach come November.

But I get your point.

So ........

WITH ICE :D

kool-aid-man.jpg

I've heard 5 different people call into the local radio shows in the last 3 days saying they would vote for scott but they can't because they registered as Dems :D

It's amazing they could dial a phone ...

The more folks I talk to up here, the more I hear a growing dislike to Coakley. I read today that she is trying to get Obama up here on Sunday, hoping his presence will bring her more votes. With his poll numbers tanking, I don't see him doing much good if he did fly up here. Sure, the moonbats ... the liberal loons in this state will most likely get that warm fuzzy feeling inside them. So that's important. ( rolling eyes )

Rasmussen has Brown trailing by 2% margin.

Forum List

Back