A $1,251,360.00 Watch.....Now I can tell time and tell who is below me

What is your point?

The wealthy have always squandered massive amounts of money on useless shit that is not worth anything other than showing how much cash they have to burn. Nothing new here.

Seiko, whose watches you can buy at Super Walmart stores, also has a division in Japan that manufactures three watches all priced at more than half a million dollars each. It's an artistic and technological ego fulfillment for many established watchmakers, who consider what they do an artform. Who am I to argue if there are people willing to pay more than a million dollars for their finest creations? I think most of the customers are named "Sheik".

I have been a watch builder for years. The one thing I have learned is the rich will pay for anything if they think it will make them exclusive.

Over 20 years ago I bought a Pulsar battery powered watch for under $20. Did that because I was warned that while traveling extensively in South America my watch would be stolen.

It wasn't.

My Columbian sales rep told me: "Even the dumbest Columbian thief can spot a $20 watch!".

I replace the battery every other year and it still keeps time within about a minute through the whole year.

Not fancy; not wateroof; no day/date; no second hand. It just works and keeps on working. So well you can't buy that model anymore.

What is your point?

The wealthy have always squandered massive amounts of money on useless shit that is not worth anything other than showing how much cash they have to burn. Nothing new here.

So you understand the concept but don't understand the point...............hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

I have been a watch builder for years. The one thing I have learned is the rich will pay for anything if they think it will make them exclusive.

SOME of the rich just want to stand apart from the others by showing off their buying abilities.
SOME of the middle and poor class want to stand apart from the others by showing off their parenting abilities.

*wonder which is more important in life* lol

If someone is willing to pay for it, why does it matter?

Had you never known about this watch, would you have desired it?

So some retard bought a bunch of shiny rocks, ok, next.

The watch is simply a symbol.

Who is cooler? Someone with a plain white T-Shirt or someone with an UnderArmour T-shirt?

I personally believe the people who struggle with self confidence use $ to fill in the gap.

$ doesn't make you a better person. Being a better person, makes you a better person.

What is your point?

So you understand the concept but don't understand the point...............hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......
No, you have not made a point to understand. I am not going to infer your point for you - it rarely ends up being correct when you infer things for others.

This seems to be a trend for you though - make a positive statement and then fail to make any points. Then tell people they don't understand the point you never made.

Just cut to the chase AP and make a point already.

Today it seems education has replaced "precious metals and gems" as the rare substance people should strive for.

What is your point?

No, you have not made a point to understand. I am not going to infer your point for you - it rarely ends up being correct when you infer things for others.

This seems to be a trend for you though - make a positive statement and then fail to make any points. Then tell people they don't understand the point you never made.

I can't believe I'm going 1000BC here.

What would mean more to you personally.........buying a million dollar watch? Or looking out for other humans well being? Do you know how many lives you can change with that money?

Yanno......................I have 2 watches, one that was given to me and one that I bought because the one that was given to me ran out of batteries, and I still needed to be able to tell time.

The one that was given to me is a Nike watch, and I was really sad when it ran out of power, because it was easy to read and had some really nice functions when it came to working out.

My other watch (the Timex) was bought because the Nike ran out of power, and I thought that having a watch with other functions (like a compass and a thermometer) would be beneficial.

Neither watch cost me more than 50 bucks. Matter of fact, the most expensive watch I ever had was around 300 dollars and not only told the time, temperature, compass direction, but also told me where I was at, and the altitude I was at.

The watch the OP posted is a waste.

If I'm going to spend over 1,300 bucks, not only should it be able to tell me the time, temperature, compass direction, altitude as well as exact location of where I am, but it damn sure better be able to make a good cup of coffee.

Yanno......................I have 2 watches, one that was given to me and one that I bought because the one that was given to me ran out of batteries, and I still needed to be able to tell time.

The one that was given to me is a Nike watch, and I was really sad when it ran out of power, because it was easy to read and had some really nice functions when it came to working out.

My other watch (the Timex) was bought because the Nike ran out of power, and I thought that having a watch with other functions (like a compass and a thermometer) would be beneficial.

Neither watch cost me more than 50 bucks. Matter of fact, the most expensive watch I ever had was around 300 dollars and not only told the time, temperature, compass direction, but also told me where I was at, and the altitude I was at.

The watch the OP posted is a waste.

If I'm going to spend over 1,300 bucks, not only should it be able to tell me the time, temperature, compass direction, altitude as well as exact location of where I am, but it damn sure better be able to make a good cup of coffee.

I "sadly" use to be a superficial American. I thought owning the right name brand would make people think more of me. It was only after owning many things that I noticed no one actually knew me, they just liked me for my possessions. Girls threw themselves at me without knowing me. It was a fake lifestyle.

My most expensive watch was a "Swatch"......I was an idiot.

Swatch. PePe. Polo. Tommy. Nike. Eddie...............

All just more expensive than a Hanes solid white or solid black. (I look really good in a Hanes solid white)

The only name brand I don't regret buying was "Hypercolor". Girls touched me lot's when I couldn't gather the self esteem to talk to them. :eusa_drool:

What is your point?

I can't believe I'm going 1000BC here.

What would mean more to you personally.........buying a million dollar watch? Or looking out for other humans well being? Do you know how many lives you can change with that money?
A lot.

As it is not my money, what I can do with it is entirely irrelevant. If your entire point is that the particular rich guy that would purchase this is a douche I am not so certain that you can find anyone that disagrees. That watch is an asinine product meant for superficial and self absorbed people. Again, so what? I find the product distasteful and the fact that anyone would purchase such a overpriced item asinine as I am sure almost anyone does. This is in a discussion board though started under politics and you STILL have failed to make a point that is open for discussion AND relates to politics in any shape or form.

Are you in confusion of the purpose of the board or this section of it?

I live extremely middle.

I can't imagine spending that much on a superficial item when there are children with disabilities that could get better with the correct funding. I'll buy a Calculator watch all day and give the rest to change someone's life for the good.

Forum List

Back