9-year-old asks Trump to go vegan for a month in exchange for $1 million donation to veterans

It is really difficult to be a vegan and get enough protein in your diet. It's possible but you have to pay a lot of attention to what you eat and you need to eat several times a day. Those facts plus the fact that meat tastes awesome and most plants taste like plants makes veganism a tough proposition.

Also smaller people are probably better suited for it than larger people. It's much easier for a 110 pound woman to exist on plants than a 220 pound man.

My regular breakfast is a smoothie or smoothie bowl where I get 40 - 50 grams of protein.

Throughout the day I munch on a cup of sunflower seeds (mostly for the magnesium-- helps the heart). 30 grams of protein.

I eat a large salad for lunch usually. I estimate 15 grams of protein there.

Evenings I eat various things. Lentils and beans, broccoli. And sometimes I eat salmon or tilapia (not always vegan, but I eat LOW on the food chain). Another 30 grams of protein.

I could eat totally vegan and get all the protein I need without all the sugar and overdoing the fat.

No. What I thought was shameful was that the Pope, of all people, did not want to even temporarily honor God's original intent (Gen 1:29-30) and perfect will (Isaiah 11:6-9, Revelation 21:4, etc) along with the countless scriptures about MERCY, love, selflessness, kindness and peace. Even for a million dollars.

But then again, the "pope" is often wrong, and worldly, based on other things he has said. So I guess it shouldn't have been surprising.

So, who are you to tell one of the world's major religious leaders what God's intent is? And what would it say about his integrity, if he were willing to let some ignorant, arrogant pissant like yourself bribe him with money, in order to dictate what he would acknowledge as God's will?
You actually respect THAT religious leader?

That is the root of my problem with the Catholic Church. For a TRUE Christian, Christ is our king. The Pope is NOT vicar of Christ. Particularly not this man masquerading as an "angel of light."

noun Roman Catholic Church. the pope, with reference to his claim to stand in the place of Jesus Christ and possess His authority in the church

White bread really spikes your insulin level -- as much as candy). That starch is instantly converted to sugar and stored as fat in all the wrong places. It's REALLY bad diet and is responsible for the rise in diabetes related disease.

As someone who has type 2 diabetes, from a family in which this condition is pervasive, I think I know a bit about carbohydrates and their impact on blood sugar levels, especially my own. To quote Luke Skywalker, “Amazing! Every word of what you just said is wrong.”

It's been quite a while since I stopped eating meat.
What led you to that?

It's just not very good for the body. In my view.

The highest concentration of bio available nutrients anywhere is found in beef liver. It's also very high in purines but then again vegans consume huge amounts of lectins.

https://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Approa...hvtargid=pla-404289645070&psc=1&tag=ff0d01-20

Jo

Last edited:
We ARE veterans and we know that fat donnie would never do it.....as we know that Hannity never went thru waterboarding like he promised he would for wounded warriors.

In fact we remember him ripping our charities off on that so-called telethon he faked during a debate.
You haters treat veterans like dogs treat fleas.

The asshat that programmed a 9 year old to join some stupid vegan campaign should be ashamed.

If you hold support to veterans hostage to a single person's diet you don't support veterans, you use them.

Red meat is getting another look. I showed this article to a brother who has eaten very little meat in the last 50 years and told him he doesn`t have to keep eating pasta salad and kale every day and it won`t kill him to put pepperoni on his pizza now and then. The environmental impact of eating meat may be the bigger danger.
Meat’s Bad for You! No, It’s Not! How Experts See Different Things in the Data

Where to begin. It is important to know that whenever a new “study” comes out saying the opposite of what the totality of evidence has shown, for years, it is almost guaranteed to be an industry funded study, or a study authored by people with conflicts of interest.

It turns out this one is no different. Some excerpts from a Washington Post article

“Undisclosed in the study was that NutriRECS, a consortium of about 20 researchers, has also formed a partnership with an arm of Texas A&M University partially funded by the beef industry.”

AND it turns out the lead author has a track record of not disclosing conflicts of interest:

“Last week, the New York Times published a story that revealed Johnston had not disclosed a conflict of interest on a similar study in 2016 in the Annals of Internal Medicine that aimed to debunk sugar consumption’s association with health risks. The study had been paid for by the International Life Sciences Institute, which has been financially supported by companies such as McDonald’s, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and Cargill.”

According to those who have already debunked the study, several of the authors are proponents of the “Paleo” diet and eaters of red and processed meat, so it seems clear to me that it was biased from the start.

I’ve learned to spot these a mile away, when you see a study that says “Go ahead and eat more bacon, our new study shows something different!” you can be sure that it boils down to the meat industry fighting to stay in business. The world IS changing, and it’s obvious that these industries are not going down with without a fight.

The meat industry is not fighting to stay in business. What nonsense.

You kind of took that out of context. My point was that whenever you see industry funded studies that promote meat, in response to other studies that say meat raises the risk of disease, or whatever, IN THAT SENSE it boils down to the meat industry fighting back to stay in business.

That is not to say that they don’t do good business now, but the world is changing, slowly but surely, and they want to maintain the status quo.

As opposed to insane vegan industry studies????

Nice try but if you actually look into the research, there is solid scientific evidence, not just from one source but from numerous sources, over decades, long before the recent popularity of veganism. In addition to the science, it should be just common sense (to anyone who isn't blinded by extreme bias) that eating healthy, whole, plantbased GOD-created foods is healthy, not to mention more ethical and better for the environment.

Last edited:
The great orange fool doesn't care enough about veterans to do that.
I dare you to say that in a room full of veterans....
Yup, Bulldog doesn't have the integrity to acknowledge how Trump spent
his Thanksgiving Day.

Big deal. He visited the troops for first and only time. That's something that every president has done, and much earlier in their presidency's
Are you sure about that? Would you like a life line?
Trump visits Iraq in first trip to combat zone as president
12/26/18

President Trump made an unannounced trip Wednesday to Iraq, his first visit to troops in a combat zone as president that comes amid roiling criticism of his national security strategy.

Trump delivered a speech to roughly 100 uniformed service members at an air base west of Baghdad and later defended his decision to withdraw troops from Syria and Afghanistan, which angered many of his allies.

“The United States cannot continue to be the policeman of the world,” Trump told reporters traveling with him. “We don’t want to be taken advantage of any more by countries that use us and use our incredible military to protect them.”
trump: the united states cannot continue to be the policeman of the world

liberals: NO THATS WRONG WE HAVE TO INTERFERE EVERYWHERE YEAH I KNOW THATS THE SAME THING WE USED TO SAY BUT NOW TRUMP SAID IT ITS WROOOOOONG

Child abuse again
LOS ANGELES - A 9-year-old from Florida representing an animal rights nonprofit says the group will donate $1 million to veterans if President Donald Trump goes vegan for a month.

“I’d like to make you an offer,” said Evan, the self-proclaimed animal rights activist, in a video calling for Trump to put his non-vegan diet on hiatus.

0_JM-xQ4kXAoz3UsZA.jpeg

This is perfectly innocent. Not a story. I admire the kid.

I’m familiar with Evan, and he truly loves animals, he’s super passionate about not eating animals... and I know that most here will totally disagree but I believe that despite his age, he‘s smart enough to understand veganism. There are a lot of kids like him.

And I know what the response is going to be to what I just said. People are gonna say that his parents brainwashed him to believe veganism, yadda yadda. Well, parents also teach (brainwash) their kids to eat flesh and to go against their natural instinct to love and protect animals, and instead normalize violence, and they convince them that it’s healthy, so that can go both ways.

BUT, I’ve seen examples of families that have one child who is a vegan and one who’s not... so it’s not always the case that parents push something on a child...sometimes a child will have a very strong opinion from a young age and as long as the parents are not opposed to it, sometimes they’ll allow it and allow one of their other kids to continue eating meat or whatever.

That reminds me of an excellent video about another kid, who wanted to be a vegetarian from a young age because of his love for animals… And in the video he wants to sponsor an animal at an animal sanctuary. I’ll see if I can find it and share it here and even if y’all disagree with the vegetarianism part of it, definitely watch the video because it is really, really good.

As opposed to insane vegan industry studies????

Nice try but if you actually look into the research, there is solid scientific evidence, not just from one source but from numerous sources, over decades, long before the recent popularity of veganism. In addition to the science, it should be just common sense (to anyone who isn't blinded by extreme bias) that eating healthy, whole, plantbased GOD-created foods is healthy, not to mention more ethical and better for the environment.
What I find funny is that without the topic of veganism being brought into it, EVERY nutritionist will tell you to...

1. Eliminate, as best you can, white, processed carbs like white bread, cookies, cake pie, etc
2. Americans consume WAY TOO MUCH MEAT.
3. Consume up to 13 servings of fruits and vegetables.
4. Consume 3 to 5 servings of WHOLE GRAINS.
5. Consume an ounce of nuts every day..

I can tell you from personal experience, this is a LOT of wholesome "God Food " try it and see if you have room for a meat diet.

But once you bring in the topic of veganism, SOME of these same nutritionists will pretend that this level of NATURAL food consumption is somehow a bad thing. Yet they will warn you about the dangers of meat eating (parasites, antibiotics, hormones, etc), and will tell you to focus on other foods UNTIL veganism is brought up.

Forum List

Back