Take it from a Guantánamo Bay lawyer

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Everyone should watch The Report.

This important film shines a light on an important story in recent history: the torture of detainees kept as forever prisoners in Gitmo

nah- too ,many worship at the alter of godvernment. Our Democrat and Republican Saints would never ignore truth, or justice, or liberty or, gasp, lie about anything-

Your link:
2494.jpg

"‘Driver’s character spent five years in the bowels of the CIA documenting the abuse of prisoners, writing his 6,400 page report.’"

"When I think of music in connection with our US secret prisons, it is the kind blasted at prisoners at deafening volume, all day and night.

"One such unfortunate was my client Ahmed Rabbani, a Karachi taxi driver sold to the US for a bounty, accompanied by the false accusation that he was Hassan Ghul, a notorious Pakistani terrorist.

"That was 10 September 2002; I saw him recently on my 39th visit to Guantánamo Bay where he has been held for 17 years without charge or trial."

Is this why they hate us?

They hate our godvernment- can't say as I blame them.
They hate our godvernment- can't say as I blame them.
Governments and religions rise and fall, but some universal negatives seem to persist:

Everyone should watch The Report. Take it from a Guantánamo Bay lawyer | Clive Stafford Smith

"At the same time, Amazon has released The Report, starring Adam Driver as Senate staffer Daniel J Jones. Jones worked for Senator Dianne Feinstein (Annette Bening), investigating the use of Enhanced Interrogation Techniques ('EITs'), which the CIA vehemently claimed did not amount to torture.

"All one really needs to know is that the Gestapo’s euphemism for torture was Verschärfte Vernehmung, which translates as 'Enhanced Interrogation'. Various Nazis were hanged for applying 'VV' to their prisoners."

Everyone should watch The Report. Take it from a Guantánamo Bay lawyer | Clive Stafford Smith

Let us never forget it was Joe Biden that gave us the Patriot Act, and it was written before Sept. 11.

I have watched it. We have learned nothing from what happened. We still insist on doing things we know that do not work.

It's so disappointing that it's pretty rare for anyone doing anything under the umbrella of "the government" ever gets held responsible for anything.

This important film shines a light on an important story in recent history: the torture of detainees kept as forever prisoners in Gitmo

nah- too ,many worship at the alter of godvernment. Our Democrat and Republican Saints would never ignore truth, or justice, or liberty or, gasp, lie about anything-
They should either try them or set them free

If they tried them they would be released.

Whose fault is that?

Whose fault is that?

Ours.

Your link:
2494.jpg

"‘Driver’s character spent five years in the bowels of the CIA documenting the abuse of prisoners, writing his 6,400 page report.’"

"When I think of music in connection with our US secret prisons, it is the kind blasted at prisoners at deafening volume, all day and night.

"One such unfortunate was my client Ahmed Rabbani, a Karachi taxi driver sold to the US for a bounty, accompanied by the false accusation that he was Hassan Ghul, a notorious Pakistani terrorist.

"That was 10 September 2002; I saw him recently on my 39th visit to Guantánamo Bay where he has been held for 17 years without charge or trial."

They hated us long before GITMO was turned into a prison. Maybe you recall the Twin Towers getting knocked down, followed by celebrations all across the Middle East. They are simply bad people.

Your link:
2494.jpg

They hated us long before GITMO was turned into a prison. Maybe you recall the Twin Towers getting knocked down, followed by celebrations all across the Middle East. They are simply bad people.
Generations of U$ support for the racist state of Israel was behind 911

'US support for Israel spurred 9/11'

"US support for Israel was a 'major cause' of the 9-11 attacks, according to University of Chicago Professor John Mearsheimer and Harvard Professor Stephen Walt, who appeared at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology last week to promote their book The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy. 'A critically important issue when talking about America's terrorism problem is the matter of how US support for Israel's brutal treatment of the Palestinians relates to what happened on September 11,' said Mearsheimer, who played the role of attack dog, while Walt set the stage."

Your link:
2494.jpg

"US support for Israel was a 'major cause' of the 9-11 attacks, according to University of Chicago Professor John Mearsheimer and Harvard Professor Stephen Walt, who appeared at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology last week to promote their book The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy. 'A critically important issue when talking about America's terrorism problem is the matter of how US support for Israel's brutal treatment of the Palestinians relates to what happened on September 11,' said Mearsheimer, who played the role of attack dog, while Walt set the stage."
People who hate jews are irellevent. Its good when those people die.

Your link:
2494.jpg

Walk into any state or federal penitentiary and you will encounter the VAST majority of the individuals housed there claiming innocence. The old "din do nuffin" claim... or …. "somebody set me up" … or … "I was framed."
I have absolutely no problem with ISIS, Taliban, or other Islamic fighter, being held indefinitely....and....tortured if it was felt to be needed.
They, per the Koran, cut off heads and hands, because "Allah instructs them to."

Your link:
2494.jpg

Walk into any state or federal penitentiary and you will encounter the VAST majority of the individuals housed there claiming innocence. The old "din do nuffin" claim... or …. "somebody set me up" … or … "I was framed."
I have absolutely no problem with ISIS, Taliban, or other Islamic fighter, being held indefinitely....and....tortured if it was felt to be needed.
They, per the Koran, cut off heads and hands, because "Allah instructs them to."
Our nation was built on the concept of the accused getting a fair trial

Your link:
2494.jpg

It wasn't because of our support of Israel. Israel is one example of the problem. It's because we can not mind our own business. When we aren't getting into the middle of things we are creating problems.

Your link:
2494.jpg

Only ignorant bigots praise Jews who steal the land, water, businesses, and bank accounts of non-Jews in Palestine.
palestine.png

Al Nakba: 70 Years of Dispossession.

"Al Nakba (the catastrophe) is still at the heart of the Palestinian issue.

"When the military forces of the newly proclaimed Israeli state swept through Palestine 70 years ago, their political commanders had three aims.

"The first was, quite simply, to expand the boundaries of the proposed Jewish state created by the United Nations in its infamous Partition Resolution 181 of November, 1947.

"The second, was to expel huge numbers of Palestinians from Palestine.

"The UN had given European Jews a state over the majority of Palestine.

"But there were far more Palestinians than Jewish immigrants, even within the borders of the proposed Jewish state.

"There was no question for the Zionists – very few of the locals would be allowed to stay.

"Eventually, some 750,000 Palestinians were expelled by Israel to make way for a Jewish homeland.

"They have never been allowed to return."

Our Democrat and Republican Saints would never ignore truth, or justice, or liberty or, gasp, lie about anything-

We lie to ourselves when we pledge to a flag we no longer honor or respect

Let us never forget it was Joe Biden that gave us the Patriot Act, and it was written before Sept. 11.
Biden is a self proclaimed Zionist Beale, makes no bones about it
&&&
there is no way any governance, even in dire turmoil, can produce and agree on 600+ pages of bureaucracy w/out prior consideration

They are simply bad people.
Los of 'bad people' in the world

The 'point' is how we, as a nation who carries the torch of freedom around this rock, DEALS w/them...

"US support for Israel was a 'major cause' of the 9-11 attacks, according to University of Chicago Professor
Even an illiterate redneck gets that George

~S~

Your link:
2494.jpg

Do you have any problem with innocent people being incarcerated and tortured (if needed)? Many defendants among the "VAST" majority of US inmates never received a trial, so their innocence is impossible to determine unlike that of...
"Mohammed Ahmad Ghulam Rabbani, also known as Abd al Rahim Ghularn Rabbani, is a citizen of Pakistan currently held extrajudicial detention by the United States military at Guantanamo Bay Detention Camps, in Cuba..."

Mohammed Ahmad Ghulam Rabbani - Wikipedia

"Mohammed Ahmad Ghulam Rabbani arrived at Guantanamo on September 20, 2004, and has been held there for 15 years, 2 months and 16 days.[3][4]

"He had spent approximately two years in the CIA's network of secret black site camps, prior to his transfer to Guantanamo..."

"Due to his fluency in Arabic, his clientele included Arabs visiting the city, and he became a referred driver and guide for them...."

"Rabbani has written that he was handed over to American authorities because his crime was that he 'spoke Arabic' and that he was accused of being one of them. He has also written on the torture he has endured during captivity in Afghanistan and Guantanamo."

Rabbani was sold for a bounty to Americans who subsequently tortured and confined him without providing a trial.

MAGA?

If one views freedom and liberty as a collective right, then one misuse of it becomes the common denominator that takes it all down a notch for the rest of us George

~S~

Forum List

Back