800,000 about to lose their jobs

Either cut government employees pay & benefits or they can all lose their jobs. Take your pick. There will be 100 people standing in line to replace those worthless government employees who want to quit after their pay & benefits are cut.

ar128551501593894.JPG

Last edited:
WHY?

why not just do the sane thing and riase taxes on the top ten percent since they own 70% of the welath

WHY?

why not just do the sane thing and riase taxes on the top ten percent since they own 70% of the welath

Cut the pay & benefits on all the worthless government employees. If they want to quit let them. There will be 100 people standing in line to replace those worthless government employees who want to quit after their pay & benefits are cut.

Only then will I entertain raising taxes on the productive private sector.

ar128551501593894.JPG

Because it will only get the deficit down by 3%
Government has to cut spending.
The top two income tax rates would have to more than double, with the top rate hitting almost 77 percent, to get the deficit down to 3 percent of GDP. Such dramatic tax increases are politically untenable and still wouldn't’t come close to eliminating the deficit.

Last edited:
If this President and Democrats think all this is true,why did they Vote against raising Debt Limits when the other side was in power? They didn't seem to care about any of this stuff when they were voting against raising Debt Limits. So why the sudden change of heart and all the hysterical Fear Mongering now? If you want,i can post this President's very own words on raising Debt Limits when the other side was in power? He sure did like to hop up on his high horse railing against it back then. Looks like him and the Democrats are just Fear Mongering this up like they did with their Stimulus Debacle. They're just trying to panic the sheep. I guess we'll see if the sheep get spooked.

TaxVox » Blog Archive » Handicapping the Debt Ceiling Debate

To answer your question: Never in the history of debt ceiling votes has there been a majority vote to not pass the increase in the debt ceiling. From the article I linked to above:

For the time period reviewed (2002-2010), it states: "When Republicans held both the Senate and the White House (2003, 2004, 2006), they provided virtually all the yea votes, while almost all Democrats voted no. When the Democrats were in power (2009, 2010), the roles reversed: the Democrats provided all but one of the yea votes, while Republicans voted no. Only when government was divided – with a Democratic Senate and a Republican president (2002, 2007) – has the vote to lift the debt limit been bipartisan."

If the Republicans choose to "buck" that trend for the first time in history, and vote to not increase the debt ceiling, they will have committed political suicide. I am pretty sure they know that, but it doesn't stop the "chest beating" up until that time -- the same way the Dems have done when the situation was reversed. However, whenever there has been a situation where bipartisan voting is required, suddenly those votes miraculously appear. I simply have no reason to think this time will be any different. Political posturing as usual (from both sides), which in my opinion, is the real story here...hypocrisy and game-playing on both sides.

Maybe tell the Dimocrats to compromise and agree to no tax increases! Tell the federal workers that they need to start funding their entire pension plans or better yet move the pension plans to individual plans 401K. Also have them start contributing to their health plans like their private sector counter-parts!

Why do you Republitards keep shooting yourselves in the foot and fight with one hand tied behind your back because you are too damned cheap to pay Union Dues?

Negotiate your own fucking benefits and stop trying to fuck with ours!

That's all this is... jealousy.

YOU are the idiots that bought the whole "trickle down" thing. YOU are the idiots that actually believe that you don't deserve good benefits, but your employers should be allowed to keep fucking you every time you turn around.

Why you numbnuts insist that we(the middle and working class) need continue this downward spiral into poverty is beyond me. It's madness! How much do we need to give up? How much do our employers need to take?

You have no clue what you are fighting for or rallying against..... Clueless, every damned one of you.

WHY?

Because the top ten percent of the wealthy are giving large campaign contribution to Republicans to make sure their taxes aren't raised in any way, shape, or form while everyone else gets screwed because they aren't well-heeled and, hence, well-connected?

Oh now the Democrats care about Jobs? Too little too late on that one. And why didn't they whine about this stuff in the past? Why did Obama & Democrats vote against raising Debt Limits when the other side had power? These are fair questions in my opinion.

We always did care about Jobs. Just because you want to see America Hired for slave wages that can't support a family, doesn't mean that we have to agree with you. We want good, family sustaining jobs that give our kids a better chance at a better life.

Your side, on the other hand... thinks any job is a good job and if you are too stupid to be a stockbroker or a business tychoon... you deserve what you get.

So you think an immidiate loss of these jobs would be good fro the economy?

In the long term, absolutely. But people have to be willing to bite the bullet since we kicked the debt can down the road all these years. If we solved this problem sooner, the contraction wouldn't be so bad, but if we wait, it will just get worse.

Maybe tell the Dimocrats to compromise and agree to no tax increases! Tell the federal workers that they need to start funding their entire pension plans or better yet move the pension plans to individual plans 401K. Also have them start contributing to their health plans like their private sector counter-parts!

Why do you Republitards keep shooting yourselves in the foot and fight with one hand tied behind your back because you are too damned cheap to pay Union Dues?

YOU are the idiots that bought the whole "trickle down" thing. YOU are the idiots that actually believe that you don't deserve good benefits, but your employers should be allowed to keep fucking you every time you turn around.

Why you numbnuts insist that we(the middle and working class) need continue this downward spiral into poverty is beyond me. It's madness! How much do we need to give up? How much do our employers need to take?

You have no clue what you are fighting for or rallying against..... Clueless, every damned one of you.

Middle class conservatives are screwing themselves without even realizing it. Their collective false consciousness and cognitive dissonance lead them to vote for the very representatives who are pursuing policies that will end up hurting them in the end. But what do you expect when working people listen to the musings of someone on the radio who's making $40-$50 Million a year to lead his listeners to where others want them to go?

And the funniest thing? The wealthy have to pay politicians big bucks to pursue their agenda. And, of course, talk radio hosts and lobbyists get paid pretty darn well too. Even that popular hockey mom saw the light and sold her voice for a big paycheck. But the wealthy in this country get the average middle class conservative to do their bidding for nothing.

Middle class conservatives are screwing themselves without even realizing it. Their collective false consciousness and cognitive dissonance lead them to vote for the very representatives who are pursuing policies that will end up hurting them in the end. But what do you expect when working people listen to the musings of someone on the radio who's making $40-$50 Million a year to lead his listeners to where others want them to go?

And the funniest thing? The wealthy have to pay politicians big bucks to pursue their agenda. And, of course, talk radio hosts and lobbyists get paid pretty darn well too. Even that popular hockey mom saw the light and sold her voice for a big paycheck. But the wealthy in this country get the average middle class conservative to do their bidding for nothing.

That's It man...In a nutshell. All they have to do is wrap it in a flag and say the word "Freedom" a lot. It doesn't matter if that freedom will, for all intents and purposes, never be theirs and only reserved for the "haves".... sure, a few will squeak through.... but for the most part... not.

The bigger the government the bigger the corruption,more waste,redundancy.Streamline government
make it more efficient balance the budget don't spend more then you take in....

But no,the Democrat way...spend,spend,spend..people don't want to work like those that have been out of work for 99 weeks....geez 99 weeks and still can't get a job,c'mon...

The only time in the history of the USof A that the budget was balanced was during the Jackson presidency and he was a democrat.
Please explain why republicans and whigs have never balanced the budget during every presidency and control of Congress.

What about Eisenhower?

The bigger the government the bigger the corruption,more waste,redundancy.Streamline government
make it more efficient balance the budget don't spend more then you take in....

But no,the Democrat way...spend,spend,spend..people don't want to work like those that have been out of work for 99 weeks....geez 99 weeks and still can't get a job,c'mon...

The only time in the history of the USof A that the budget was balanced was during the Jackson presidency and he was a democrat.
Please explain why republicans and whigs have never balanced the budget during every presidency and control of Congress.

What about Eisenhower?

What about Eisenhower? You do realize that under Eisenhower, the top tax rate was 90%... right?

First, public unions strong arm States into debts that can't afford. It's ridiculous. Second, private sector unions like the auto union has driven many industries over seas and too Mexico. They use strong arm tactic to demand shit they have no business demand. The "evil" executives say we can't afford it, but the union leaders won't conpromise. The answer, ship them to Mexico! Third, I did negotiate a raise FOR MYSELF this year. I got a 5% increase of a little over $4K. I used my last year and the barometer for ME!

So I should vote for someone who will hurt my employer through more and more regulations, more and more taxation and more and more entitlement spending? I should vote for someone who will hurt my many clientele, which is the small and mid-sized business owner? That makes perfect sense! The more money you take away from my employer and the harder you make it to do business the tighter they squeeze their work force. The more money you take away from my clients and the harder you make it to do business with my clients the less money they have to spend with me!

So I will stick to who I think is the best for business!

First, public unions strong arm States into debts that can't afford. It's ridiculous. Second, private sector unions like the auto union has driven many industries over seas and too Mexico. They use strong arm tactic to demand shit they have no business demand. The "evil" executives say we can't afford it, but the union leaders won't conpromise. The answer, ship them to Mexico! Third, I did negotiate a raise FOR MYSELF this year. I got a 5% increase of a little over $4K. I used my last year and the barometer for ME!

Funny.... when the Unions were Stronger(Pre-Reagan), the country was stronger. People were working for livable wages and could afford to keep the economy rolling.

Don't even talk about Carter either. Carter's demise was the OPEC oil Embargo. That screwed everything up... you know it, I know it. Before that, Our Country was doing very well. Look at what's happened since then.

It's been one bubble followed by a burst ever since. Reaganomics has failed. Failed our country and failed our people... the only people still praising it's virtues are the wheelers and dealers at the top... and they ain't "Trickling Down".

If reagan had to run on his real record the right would call him a Rino

Forum List

Back