72-Year-Old Woman Tased and Jailed!

Exactly. Here's this huge, young cop and this little, old lady, and if he can't get cuffs on her without tazering her than he has NO FUCKING BUSINESS being a cop. He tazered her because he WANTED to. He wanted to HURT her. He wanted to TEACH HER A LESSON. He should be fired, prosecuted, fined and thrown in jail.

Stop the presses ... Pale Rider and I are in total agreement.

I refuse to admit it.
No one asked you newbie. :eusa_hand:

She agreed to comply. I don't think there is any "one chance" rule. He had the option of letting her sign the ticket when she said she would do so.

Life without the one chance rule.

Cop: Did you steal that?

Lawbreaker: Yes.

Cop: You're under arrest.

Lawbreaker: What? Arrest? No.

Cop: Yes.

Lawbreaker: No, get away from me.

Cop: Yes, put your hands behind your back.

Lawbreaker: Hell no, I'll just put what I took back where I got it.

Cop: Oh...OK then. Have a nice day.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
In case nobody mentioned it...If you're a resident of the state where the minor traffic citation is written, you're not required buy any law to sign the ticket.

The old woman was perfectly within her rights, and the Gestapo cop went beyond overboard.

In case nobody mentioned it...If you're a resident of the state where the minor traffic citation is written, you're not required buy any law to sign the ticket.

The old woman was perfectly within her rights, and the Gestapo cop went beyond overboard.

Texas law states if you don't sign the promise to appear, the officer must, by law, arrest you. We covered this a few posts back...with links.

Texas law states if you don't sign the promise to appear, the officer must, by law, arrest you. We covered this a few posts back...with links.
For a minor traffic infraction??

Even though I'm not familiar with Texas traffic statutes, I've declined to sign tickets in no fewer than four different states, where I was living at the time and carrying that state's license.

Even though I'm not familiar with Texas traffic statutes, I've declined to sign tickets in no fewer than four different states, where I was living at the time and carrying that state's license.

Yep.

The officer had no choice in the matter once she refused to sign the ticket.

From the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Homepage:

Sign the ticket. This is not an admission of guilt, just an acknowlegement that you received the ticket (like signing for a package). And besides, if you don't sign, the officer has to arrest you.
Texas Traffic Tickets - TX DMV Traffic Violation Guide - DMV.ORG

I don't think the law said you had to sign the ticket. If I recall, it said you must provide a written ackowledgement of the promise to appear.

In any case the Texas law we looked at here did say you had to acknowledge in writing, or you had to appear before a magistrate right away.

Maybe there is another side to this.

Maybe fats thought granny was going for his ho-hos so he just HAD to stop her.

And maybe he was just doing his job and granny should have simply followed his instructions.

Sorry no, the tape didn't lie.

But fats sure did.

You must have your own top secret tape, because the one posted in this thread shows granny lying so grossly, she wouldn't show her face after the dashcam was released.

Yep.

The officer had no choice in the matter once she refused to sign the ticket.

From the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Homepage:

Sign the ticket. This is not an admission of guilt, just an acknowlegement that you received the ticket (like signing for a package). And besides, if you don't sign, the officer has to arrest you.
Texas Traffic Tickets - TX DMV Traffic Violation Guide - DMV.ORG

Interesting.

FWIW, I always decline in the form of the question; "I'm not required by any law to sign that, am I?"

Every time, except the occasion when I was unwittingly driving under administrative suspension, I been given "the look" and grudgingly been told that I'm not required to sign...A couple of times the word "REFUSED" looked like it had been written in crayon and was pretty much engraved into the summons. :lol:

Insofar as Texas statute is concerned, I stand corrected.

Last edited:
and here is the longer version of the dash board cam than you have posted here.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxhYaUjZUI0&annotation_id=annotation_319443&feature=iv"]YouTube - Video Released of Grandmother Being Tased[/ame]

link to her news interview
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15YExclX4Gc&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Grandmother Tasered at Traffic Stop[/ame]

Last edited:
the person demands an immediate appearance before a magistrate or refuses to make a written promise to appear in court as provided by this subchapter.

A good lawyer still gets this tossed.

The Texas law does not require you to sign a citation or sign the NOTICE TO APPEAR.

The officer is required to issue a NOTICE TO APPEAR.

The subject is required to make a written promise to appear.

There is still nothing that says you must sign anything the cop ask you to. If he contends, as the DMV does, that you must sign the ticket, the law doesn't support that.

Perhaps you should know this and offer to make your own wriiten promise to appear, regardless, an order to sign the citation would be an unlawful order. I don't thin k the officer is obligated to tell you your rights, under Texas law, but he isn't allowed to make an unlawful order either.

I've already said it, this guy is done, either way. granny gets a big check, if she lives a couple more years.

You must have your own top secret tape, because the one posted in this thread shows granny lying so grossly, she wouldn't show her face after the dashcam was released.
You must have selective viewing abilty, granning clearly says 'give me the damn ticket, i'll sign it' and fat boy shoves her says he will taze her.

the person demands an immediate appearance before a magistrate or refuses to make a written promise to appear in court as provided by this subchapter.

A good lawyer still gets this tossed.

The Texas law does not require you to sign a citation or sign the NOTICE TO APPEAR.

The officer is required to issue a NOTICE TO APPEAR.

The subject is required to make a written promise to appear.
Traffic citations ARE notices to appear.

Looks like the signature is required in lieu of the written promise to appear.

Forum List

Back