72-Year-Old Woman Tased and Jailed!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by PoliticalChic, Jun 9, 2009.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,896
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEm-YokntR8]YouTube - 72-year-old Woman Tasered & Jailed![/ame]

Texas cop Tasers great-grandmother

2. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    I'd like to see the dash cam tape that the attorney's office has.

3. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    She looks terrifying all righty..

4. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,896
    Here it is:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKohyVJYiEU]YouTube - Dash Cam Footage of Grandmother Being Tased[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    In a land where partisanship doesn't exist.
    Ratings:
    +235
    I'm with Article 15-I would like to see the cam, as I'm certain that we aren't getting both sides of the story. Who knows? The cop could be an idiot that just wanted to flex his muscles. Or, it could be that he felt that his life was in danger. More police officers are shot on traffic stops in the Southeastern US, than any other region of the US.

There is a lesson to be learned here. If you are doing 60 mph in a 45 mph zone, you are speeding. You are breaking the law. Don't play dumb when you get stopped. You screwed up, and you have to live with the consequences. Sign it, and slow down.

Don't let the "little old lady" defense fool you. My father has been a police officer for 34 years. He was almost shot by a "little old lady" who almost removed his gun from his holster, during an arrest. She was resisting arrest. Was he supposed to let her shoot him, with a wife and 2 children at home?

6. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    Appropriate to the use the taser by left foot.

7. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +235

How did she end up outside of the vehicle? That is one question that I have. If you want to make a police officer nervous, get out of your vehicle on a traffic stop. That is a hasty way to get yelled at, arrested, worse, etc...

Another issue is the fact that they are standing next to a highway. As a paramedic of 13 years, I can tell you from experience that it isn't very much fun to be standing 10-feet from a vehicle passing you at 70 mph, or even just 45 mph. (Both would hurt a little if they hit you) So that was an added element of stress. He told her to stop walking toward him, and she did it anyway. Since we only have part of the video....had he frisked her? Was he certain that she wasn't armed? Too many questions for me to be convinced.

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    What did he throw on the ground? Looks like he's the one having the anger management problem.

9. Citizen

Citizen Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I do not need to see what led up to the tasering because from what I saw the officer was not in any danger, just wanting to show her his authority by tasering her in leu of letting her get back in her car and leave, since the ticket was already issued, I do not undrstand his problem, unless he is just another bully.

If this had been my mother, law enforcement would have a valid reason for comming after me, because I would have come after that officer, and since I am no longer a young man, it would not have been with my bare hands.

10. mskafka

mskafka Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Let me reiterate: Do not EVER, exit a vehicle when you are stopped by a police officer. That is for your safety and their's.

In some states police officers have the option of arresting someone who doesn't sign a citation.