71 Years

Let's find out. Confront me with facts, any facts in dispute. I'm waiting.
Great! Start with the 6+ posts with links and facts I've previously posted. I'll wait. ;)
You ever hear of the myth of Sisyphus?

unknown.jpeg

That is kind of what you are engaging in with this guy. You keep pushing that rock up the hill, and then you do it all over again.

That is what WE have been doing. Dude is weird.

Great! Start with the 6+ posts with links and facts I've previously posted. I'll wait. ;)

unknown.jpeg

That is kind of what you are engaging in with this guy. You keep pushing that rock up the hill, and then you do it all over again.

Agreed. As with most nutjobs or dishonest posters, I don't try to convince them of anything since they'll never admit error or fault. My posts are geared to refute them and prove them wrong to other readers of the thread.

unknown.jpeg

Agreed. As with most nutjobs or dishonest posters, I don't try to convince them of anything since they'll never admit error or fault. My posts are geared to refute them and prove them wrong to other readers of the thread.
I sort of feel sorry for him. I do. I was messing with him with vulgarity. Some people get my sense of humor, but I think I am starting to feel sorry for him.

I love how the two of you ignore the atrocities committed by those fucking stink zipper heads. Yeah, you are so fucking ignorant about history. Especially about the fucking japs.

I mean cannibalism? The stink sandapes in the middle east don't even do that. Oh, but a bunch of pathetic small japs?

Fucking japs.

That is the same line of thought followed by terrorists:
True , the army commited unforrgiven attrocities, but why in the world should you punish the civilian population ( which did none of that) for the attrocities made by the army?

Your words convince me that people with the same mindset dropped on purpose both bombs, even when they were largely unnecesary.

I love how the two of you ignore the atrocities committed by those fucking stink zipper heads. Yeah, you are so fucking ignorant about history. Especially about the fucking japs.

I mean cannibalism? The stink sandapes in the middle east don't even do that. Oh, but a bunch of pathetic small japs?

Fucking japs.

True , the army commited unforrgiven attrocities, but why in the world should you punish the civilian population ( which did none of that) for the attrocities made by the army?

Your words convince me that people with the same mindset dropped on purpose both bombs, even when they were largely unnecesary.
God I hate liberals

American hating? Just for saying one atomic bomb was enough? Really? There is no logic to the way you reason.
It was probably both your sadism comments against the USA.

No. None of my comments imply that any harm should be done to the US soldiers or civilian population.
If anything my position is that after dropping the first bomb the US should have waited one week before dropping a second bomb. No harm there, as far as I can tell.

Scroll up. This has all been covered multiple times. Even today.

You are free to believe the only reason the US bombed Japan was "sadism", but that only goes to show you have a very narrow view of the history of WWII.

If you want to discuss why the civilized world moved away from "total war", that's a good question, but it has obvious answers.

If you want to discuss Eisenhower's laments about using nukes, that's another good topic, but be sure to include the context of the Cold War with the Soviet Union and how letting the nuclear genie out of the bottle threatened annihilation of the entire human race.

The good news is we, as a species, survived our own self-destruction. The bad news is there are actors in play today who won't hesitate to use a nuke on a city. Odds are, it will be a former Soviet nuke.

No. None of my comments imply that any harm should be done to the US soldiers or civilian population.
If anything my position is that after dropping the first bomb the US should have waited one week before dropping a second bomb. No harm there, as far as I can tell.
How many Americans were dying every single day the war dragged on? While you sit cozily at your computer pining about how we should have waited four extra days, do you have any idea how many lives that would have cost? How many American lives would you be willing to sacrifice to avoid bombing a strategic enemy seaport and steel works?

Try reading up on something more than just the anti-US propaganda you are regurgitating. Let me help you get a start: Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How many Americans were dying every single day the war dragged on? While you sit cozily at your computer pining about how we should have waited four extra days, do you have any idea how many lives that would have cost? How many American lives would you be willing to sacrifice to avoid bombing a strategic enemy seaport and steel works?

Try reading up on something more than just the anti-US propaganda you are regurgitating. Let me help you get a start: Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The same number that died even after the second bomb was dropped , because it took ten days for japan to surrender.
1945 wasn't the information age. News traveled slowly ... sometimes even by horseback.

The same number that died even after the second bomb was dropped , because it took ten days for japan to surrender.
1945 wasn't the information age. News traveled slowly ... sometimes even by horseback.
Hence an answer to your question on why we didn't drop a third bomb to end the carnage; we didn't have one.

How many Americans were dying every single day the war dragged on? ...

In that case, why were overtures for surrender ignored in January of '45?

How many Americans were dying every single day the war dragged on? ...

In that case, why were overtures for surrender ignored in January of '45?

Well?

See what I mean, Vern? Just from today:

He wouldn't know logic if it picked him up and dropped him on his face.
Once again revealing your juvenile ignorance.
Still nothing? Yeah...
Can't do it? As I thought.
Still waiting...
I'm waiting.
And.............................still nothing...

Forum List

Back