70% of Americans says their finances are hopeless

70% of Americans say that their economic future is abysmal and are giving up hope.

Even though in power, the Left will use this to try and push more government control and intervention because they are not the problem rather, the problem is they simply don'th have enough power over our lives.
Right now the wealth gap is the largest it's been since 1929. According to just about every reputable economist.

Its the workers duty to get more skills so they can ask for more. A burger flipper should not be making 15 dollars an hour. That is some bullshit.
Well then drop the wage to $7.25. then watch workers apply like crazy. Then again those jobs don't need to be filled.

When you turn the dollar into toilet paper this is what happens. ONLY the government can do this because they create the money.

Federal Government needs its power dropped to the enumerated powers. Return everything else to the states. Our Fed is hopelessly corrupt.

Well then drop the wage to $7.25. then watch workers apply like crazy. Then again those jobs don't need to be filled.
Why not pay a burger flipper what they are worth? If someone is good at burger flipping and makes the company a lot of money, he should be paid the value. The burger flipper who barely creates a few burgers without burning them, shouldnt be paid shit. But the minimum wage has thus created such bad pay for the employees. At one time i was a burger flipper making $2.10 an hour. Realized that being a minimum wage puke just wasnt for me, so i got skills that enabled me to be paid good money. When the government gets involved then the incentive to get better goes away.

70% of Americans say that their economic future is abysmal and are giving up hope.

Even though in power, the Left will use this to try and push more government control and intervention because they are not the problem rather, the problem is they simply don'th have enough power over our lives.

I edited this so it's not so long

Rising morbidity and mortality in midlife among white non-Hispanic Americans in the 21st century."

unlike virtually every other demographic group in America (and other rich countries), the death rate of white, middle-aged Americans was rising instead of falling. And that trend was being driven largely by a rise in what they call "deaths of despair" — from suicides, drug overdoses, and alcohol abuse — especially in the population without a college degree.

After Donald Trump won the presidential election, many commentators cited the paper as evidence that despair in white, working-class communities was a crucial reason why those voters helped put Trump into office.

When Deaton first came to America in 1983, he recalls being shocked by how indifferent his fellow economists were to rising inequality, and how ideologically opposed they were to government intervention in the economy.

"I was appalled when one of my colleagues proclaimed that 'government is theft. "I had grown up in a country where I saw the government as benevolent, a friend in times of trouble, and I found it hard to believe that a distinguished academic could be so cynical and so libertarian. I still do not agree with his sentiment, but I have come to understand the extent to which state and federal government in the United States often work, not to protect ordinary people but to help rich predators make ordinary people poorer."

From healthcare to taxation to poverty to regulations, Deaton sees a system that has increasingly served corporations and the rich over ordinary citizens.

"Less well-educated Americans have seen little or no improvement in their material circumstances for more than fifty years. For men without a four-year college degree, median real wages have trended downward since 1970."

"There are several million Americans who live in households with per capita income of a few dollars a day and whose living standards are arguably as bad as or worse than those in India or Ethiopia."

"The top 10 percent of incomes in the United States account for nearly half of all income

"Overall death rates in the United States have been rising, life expectancy has fallen for ten years for those without a four-year college degree."

The rise in deaths of despair amongst non-college-educated Americans — which accounts for almost two-thirds of the adult population — is intimately related to their fading economic prospects. The decline of good jobs is a crucial driver of despair. "This decline, in response to globalization and, more importantly, technical change (robots), is made much worse in the United States than elsewhere by the grotesquely exorbitant cost of healthcare,"Beyond that, when bad things happen and people need help, the safety net in the United States sucks. Compared to other rich countries.

"They are apostles for the globalization and technical change that have enriched an elite and have redistributed income and wealth from labor to capital, all the while destroying millions of jobs, hollowing out communities, and worsening the lives of their occupants," Angus writes. "And when confronted with deaths of despair, they can blame the victims and those who try to help them."

Going forward, Deaton urges the economics profession to think more about "predistribution — the mechanisms that determine the distribution of income in the market itself, before taxes and transfers — and less about a redistribution that is not going to happen and is not what people want in any case." That, he stresses, will force many economists into "uncomfortable territory: promoting unions, place-based policies, immigration control, tariffs, job preservation, industrial policy, and the like. We need to promote a more realistic understanding of how governments and markets work. We need to abandon our sole fixation on money as a measure of human wellbeing."

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/...inning-immigrants-view-on-american-inequality

' that is, by delivering society inventions and enterprise that expand the economic pie, rather than reallocate it....They (crucial steps) would never be adopted in today's regime of money politics, fast money speculation and Keynesian economics but they can be listed.

12. Impose a 30 Percent Wealth Tax; Pay Down the National Debt to 30 Percent of GDP

Even if another road were chosen, the debt of the US government would not stop growing due to the built-in momentum until it reached $20 trillion at minimum. But contrary to the present Keynesian foolishness, national debt of that magnitude is a time bomb on an economy that will struggle for years to reach $20 trillion of GDP, or a 100 percent debt ratio....

Needless to say, #14 trillion of national debt reduction could never be achieved under any known ordinary fiscal device; it would take a one-time wealth tax, essentially a recapture of part of the windfall wealth gain that has accrued to the top of the economic ladder during the age of bubble finance.

13. Repeal the Sixteenth Amendment; Feed the Beast with Universal Taxes on Consumption

The hideous position of the Obama White House during the first fiscal cliff debate was dispositive: it wanted to defend the entire welfare state, tepidly curtail; the warfare state, and collect the revenue necessary to pay for them with higher taxes on just 2 percent of the population!'
(Stockman, The Great Deformation)

Yes, but most establishments are paying more than that, sometimes far more - at least here in PA.
Local McDonalds is staring at $17.
And plenty of low-skilled workers earning $17 an hour ringing up your order at the counter are ALSO getting tips on top of that - via the credit thingie that prompts you to add a tip. THEN, you get a buzzer to wait for your order, pick it up when it’s ready, go to the soda machine to get your own drink, grab your napkins and a straw, and then bus your own table when you’re finished. And they expect a tip?!

And plenty of low-skilled workers earning $17 an hour ringing up your order at the counter are ALSO getting tips on top of that - via the credit thingie that prompts you to add a tip. THEN, you get a buzzer to wait for your order, pick it up when it’s ready, go to the soda machine to get your own drink, grab your napkins and a straw, and then bus your own table when you’re finished. And they expect a tip?!
I would celebrate if every last McDonald's shut it's doors.

Why?

1) There’s a demand for its products.

2) They provide jobs for the uneducated and low-skilled.
Yes but what they’re selling is unhealthy and harmful. This is true of nearly all fast food joints and we have way too many of them in this country.

Is it any wonder why so many Americans are fat sick fucks.

Forum List

Back