7 States With Highest Tax Burden...What do They Have in Common?

A better standard of living? A higher GDP? Better education?

NYC has better education?

LOLOLOLOL.

Unless of course you are in one of those gentrified neighborhoods, or have a sweet charter school hookup.

Or can afford to send your kids to private school.

NYC isn't a state. The highest earners in New York mostly live in the city. As a result tax dollars flow out of the city and into those gentrified suburban and rural areas to provide education funding. So you may be right. But not for the reasons you're alleging.

Remember we pay local income AND property taxes in the City, so we pay even more into education locally, not just via our State taxes.

And the suburbs also pay a pretty penny in property taxes to fund their own local education systems, even with additional State $$

I am moving from Virginia to Florida. I will get a $10,000 bonus check each year because I wont pay a state income tax anymore.....Live in a high state tax state, you deserve to be taxed to death...
You may need some that $10K to cover the 33% higher property taxes in Florida vs Virginia. Enjoy your free lunch.
Try again tard...The common wealth tax makes my $600,000 house around $10,000. My house in Florida at $1,000,000 is only $6,000. Are you a common core graduate also?
Not according to what I found. The mean effective property tax rate for Virginia is 0.78% while in Florida it is 1.06%.
property_taxes-01.png

I wouldn't expect a windfall since you are moving from 41st highest tax burden state to the 47th.
You do realize that not paying a state income tax of $10,000 to Virginia is a nice tax break? So even if I pay more property tax in Florida, my overall tax is way reduced...I laugh at you guys who pay more than me...You deserve to be poor...

Okay, and?

New York has 2nd highest GDP per capita, Oregon has 21st highest, Maryland 11th highest, Minnesota has the 14th highest, California the 8th highest, Massachusetts the 1st highest, Connecticut the 3rd highest.

What a surprise that the 1st, 2nd, 3rd highest states have higher taxes which they spend on stuff that helps them get richer......

21st is the lowest.

Better schools, better transportation, public facilities, better quality of life

Damn blue states

Hahaha....I love the...”But, but, but.....GDP!” bunch of LefTard bullshit....GDP does not translate into shit for your precious illegals and bottom feeders...you know this but you still cry out “GDP!”
In one post you whackos proclaim to hate financial inequality then in the next post you use the success of the elites to boast about GDP while the majority of your constituents live like human cockroaches....FUNNY SHIT!

And what do taxes mean for illegals exactly?

How many illegals are paying federal income tax?

I think you missed the point...it’s clearly shown in Mexifornia and Loon York....A states GDP means absolutely nothing to the bulk of your constituency as 20-30% of the population in Mexifornia live like disgusting thirdworlders do.

No, the point seems to be that you're coming up with childish names.....

When you grow up, maybe we can talk.

Haha...thought so.
When I’m defeated and at a loss for words I use that bullshit as well. Good one.

LOLOLOLOL.

Unless of course you are in one of those gentrified neighborhoods, or have a sweet charter school hookup.

NYC isn't a state. The highest earners in New York mostly live in the city. As a result tax dollars flow out of the city and into those gentrified suburban and rural areas to provide education funding. So you may be right. But not for the reasons you're alleging.

Remember we pay local income AND property taxes in the City, so we pay even more into education locally, not just via our State taxes.

And the suburbs also pay a pretty penny in property taxes to fund their own local education systems, even with additional State $$

Which just goes to show that the heavy tax burden does seem to correlated with a good educational system for most areas, i.e. the previously mentioned gentrified suburban and rural areas. People need to stop thinking of taxes as being inherently bad. High taxes aren't inherently bad. Wastefulness and inadequate public services is what's bad.

So here's the real question. If given a choice between high taxes sometimes spent wastefully providing merely adequate public services, or low taxes providing inadequate public services--which would be preferred?

LOLOLOLOL.

Which just goes to show that the heavy tax burden does seem to correlated with a good educational system for most areas, i.e. the previously mentioned gentrified suburban and rural areas. People need to stop thinking of taxes as being inherently bad. High taxes aren't inherently bad. Wastefulness and inadequate public services is what's bad.

So here's the real question. If given a choice between high taxes sometimes spent wastefully providing merely adequate public services, or low taxes providing inadequate public services--which would be preferred?
High taxes aren't inherently bad.
you really said that? You must be a liberal because you are stupid as hell...

The 4 Acts That Led To The American Revolution | Off The Grid News

LOLOLOLOL.

The people in the crappy neighborhoods in NYC would disagree.

We get high taxes and middling service. That is bad.

You do realize that not paying a state income tax of $10,000 to Virginia is a nice tax break? So even if I pay more property tax in Florida, my overall tax is way reduced...I laugh at you guys who pay more than me...You deserve to be poor...
I have no idea what your situation is but I have a problem with people who raise their kids in an area with good, well-funded schools and then, when their kids are grown, vote against any school funding tax or bond measures.

NYC certainly has it issues but they do have the best public transportation system in the country. There are few other places that you do better without a car than with one.

I have no idea what your situation is but I have a problem with people who raise their kids in an area with good, well-funded schools and then, when their kids are grown, vote against any school funding tax or bond measures.
I put my kids in private school, why should I be taxed for something I didn't use?

NYC certainly has it issues but they do have the best public transportation system in the country. There are few other places that you do better without a car than with one.
Yeah, all those subways that stop at your local Walmart.....

Yes, I really just said that. Of course, you're too stupid to understand it. I'm not a liberal, I'm mostly libertarian. It's a simple question of willingness to pay and transactional return. If the public gets an equitable return for high taxes, then I don't see much of a problem. If the people prefer to give up the benefits and public services in exchange for low taxes, then that's fine too.

Yes, I really just said that. Of course, you're too stupid to understand it. I'm not a liberal, I'm mostly libertarian. It's a simple question of willingness to pay and transactional return. If the public gets an equitable return for high taxes, then I don't see much of a problem. If the people prefer to give up the benefits and public services in exchange for low taxes, then that's fine too.
Every time I see taxes get too high for a state, there is a mass migration to the next state who has a lower one. Saw it with the millionaire tax in Montgomery County and over 2/3 of the millionaires moved to Northern Virginia even though Montgomery County offered better parks, schools and roads. Why? Because people don't like paying high taxes....you may not be liberal, but sometimes you say the dumbest things.

In Maryland, Higher Taxes Chase Out Rich: Study

Every time I see taxes get too high for a state, there is a mass migration to the next state who has a lower one. Saw it with the millionaire tax in Montgomery County and over 2/3 of the millionaires moved to Northern Virginia even though Montgomery County offered better parks, schools and roads. Why? Because people don't like paying high taxes.

In other words, you agree with what I said. If people are willing to pay the higher taxes in exchange for the public services that's fine, but if they aren't willing to agree to the transaction that's where the problem happens.

Most extensive, not the best.

as someone who has to routinely divert or wait or go one way to go the other due to maintenance issues, I assure you it isn't the best.

Every time I see taxes get too high for a state, there is a mass migration to the next state who has a lower one. Saw it with the millionaire tax in Montgomery County and over 2/3 of the millionaires moved to Northern Virginia even though Montgomery County offered better parks, schools and roads. Why? Because people don't like paying high taxes.

In other words, you agree with what I said. If people are willing to pay the higher taxes in exchange for the public services that's fine, but if they aren't willing to agree to the transaction that's where the problem happens.
No, I am saying that if you increase taxes, to the point people aren't going to pay for it, people leave..even if the taxes are used to make their lives better..Intelligent people and they know what their money can do, don't feel a government is going to spend their taxes in a manner that will help the rich...It is always the poor the taxes help....It isn't that hard...

Forum List

Back